(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ica -- cause she say she "helped" me lor.. then must give ang bao to heng heng lor.. its like a "lai si"...

xbeanniex -- lol.. my MIL will take the clothes and tell me "haiya, this one wear 1 mth cannot wear liao" ... i tell her.. "then i buy super big one lor.. then she can wear for YEARS!" i agree, we shudnt buy too many newborn sizes but we also dunno how small or big the bb is until delivered ma.. we also dun wan bb to wear loose fitting clothes right?

Yvonne -- cause old pple think.. woman and men clothes cannot wash together de.. later bring down the men luck... my MIL will stand by at my washing machine and rush to the machine to see the clothes when its done... machiam guarding the machine like tat.. once i was pissed off and i was like "mother, u scared the machine run away ah?"

on whether baby shd go home in new/old clothes, i heard from my MIL that baby shd wear old clothes when he/she is discharged...prob some old wives' tale..not sure of the rationale though...

xbeaniex>> wear new set of clothes shld be sufficient lah, no need nice nice one, cuz BB most likely also kenna "wrapped up" & when BB goes bk home, also sleep liao.

U hv not bought any new set of clothes?

serene: same.. i mentioned b4.. my mil also asked why i ate bird's nest when i got a btl for myself. then she said, eating bird's nest is useless coz only make myself pretty but no effect on the baby... but when her 5yr old wanna eat, she fed him with it lor. so angry when i saw it...

actually my mil nv makes me any tonics too. lucky is my grandma-in-law treats me well, so she will ask mil to make for me. and whenever i get to take any tonics, she also seem unhappy. she will tell me "wah, last time i preg, grandma also nv make for me, now wan me to make for u..." i think cos she is second wife to my FIL, she often feels that the family dun treat her with respect, but actually i think partly is due to her character.

autrumn>> I only heard abt good for BB's to wear hands-me-down (but hv not heard to wear old clothes upon discharge).

Cuz wear hands-me-downs means it'd be "easier" to "yang" the BB.

regarding bblegs,

actually i still have some left over from the BP i did previously, if you girls are interested, can email me for the designs, i need to go home and consolidate the balance list. will sell at good price just to clear stock since i not doing BP anymore..

autrumn -- actually wat i heard is that.. after bb discharged and stay at home.. can wear 2nd hand clothes cause the bb will be more kuai.. and also because the clothes are washed several times liao, so the material will be softer and more comfy to wear..

Sweetkiss -- my MIL super super jealous of my mom de.. since i got married till now.. both of them never talk de.. last time confinement, my mom bought some quite good quality blue dates to make the tea for me.. MIL never even use lor.. she keep inside the cupboard until i asked. my mom cooks confinement meals for me and hubby will go pick it up.. got once, my mom cooked with some abalone and my MIL use her corner of her eyes to see and see.. i agree, my mom is more financially stable than my MIL.. but hor... my mom dun flaunt wor.. and theres no need for my MIL to feel jealous cause my mom will also buy things for my ILs to cook for the whole family ma.. all the way, my MIL thinks that im a pampered child because im showered with such things.. she thinks that whatever i say is "child's talk" (xiao hai zi talking).. -.-

Serene aiya...what is there to be jealous about leh? sounds like your MIL is the one who needs to grow up

serene: omg why does she want to be jealous? of course your own mum will treat u very well what. maybe she's angry coz u never offered her your abalone. hee.. kidding..

mrs long & serene - ya, what i meant was hand-me-down clothes..not old clothes..haha..my husb's colleague also said hand-me-down clothes will have baby smell, hence e newborn will like..haha

mrs long & serene - ya, what i meant was hand-me-down clothes (not old clothes)..haha..also heard that 2nd hand clothes will have other babies' scent, hence newborns will like..haha

ica -- totally agree.. my hubby cant wait to move out of the house actually.. even my SIL also tell me.. to stay at my place for 1 week, she needs to book a room in woodbridge first

and i have been here for.. 6 years..........

she very very xiao qi one.. and she remember all these little little things.. im jus praying hard she dun come and teach me how to take care of bb.. not that i dun wanna learn.. but i dun wanna learn from her.. i see the way she handles the kids at home... haiz... no words can describe...

Sweetkiss -- i got lei.. inside got a few... so i offered to her and my FIL.. cause i dun like to be like.. on the same table, but i eat good food and u all jus see only.. i will feel very bad.. so i share lor.. but she is that kind hor.. "u give, i also dun wan..." yet she still wanna criticize on it..

mrslong: i not yet buy... my mum is telling me to buy rompers with those cover legs n toes de... as what serene says de... bb also wrap tight tight go home de... hahaha... as long as can keep bb warm warm n secure can le...

Serene: your MIL very diff to 伺候 leh... is she a housewife? my MIL is a housewife so very hard to avoid her (kpo-ness). the only freedom i get is when she goes on a holiday. i plan to wash all my bb clothes when she goes overseas next mth. if not she will kpo here and there...

good afternoon ladies!

wow this morning got so many posts liao!

Sweetkiss :your MIL quite strict hor bit its not uncommon for MIL to forbid DIL to wash her undies with their precious son's clothes. For me only my hubby n I.. and I had to do all the housework.. So if he doesnt like my style..then he can do it himself lor..hee hee better for me. I no need do

Mrs long : you are so lucky. MIL nice to you! My hubby also only child, only son, only grandson but nobody from my in laws side seem to chap with my pregnancy leh. On the other hand, my own family is so excited and anxious. Keep asking me to stop working liao and get ready for the big day wor.

Serene : your SIL so blunt one ah...

atomic: my mum also keep asking me when start to rest... i then keep repeating to her that i wan to spend more time with bb then spending more then to wait for bb to come out ... as time with bb is precious... 0.o

Serene,

wah, y ur mil like tat. For mine even thou she didn't cook tonic for me to eat but she also didn't say anything. Cos sometimes when I go back to my parents place for dinner, eat until too full, I will ta pao the birdnest back n eat next day. My mil saw, but didn't say anything. Then my hubby purposely say my mil that my mom got cook birdnest for me, why she didn't cook anything for me.. Lol then now once in a while she cook barley water for me...

I'm getting a bit kang cheong liao also leh. I havent bought a single "bunny suit" for bb leh. only 4 tie-string for newborn.. and I forgot abt the bottoms! Keep thinking wear nappy or diaper can liao! Somemore now like back to first trimester.. getting tired easily again! Walk a bit,, whole butt and feet all pain. LAst night woke up 3 times to pee... arrggghhh

Oh ya.. the most headache agenda is getting maid!

Last fri my hubby and I went down agency for the second time.. but didnt confirm any maid coz its more like the maid selecting "employers" than us selecting them! and the agency also very one kind.. keep promoting us the employers saying one couple with one newborn... sir and mdm working and she only need take care newborn well. very easy job. nobody watch over her during day. she juz need do simple cooking n some cleaning etc etc.. I find it strange coz i rather they are more mentally prepared to come n work hard then to come n shake leg ma.. then when they come n not much work.. they'll feel happier lor. Tomo we going try another agency coz my hubby leaving for another long trip this thurs.. then gonna procrastinate again le! Really no time leh! kang cheong mama now!

suntan: for my case, i would rather my MIL dont kapo any of my things as she can ignorantly big mouth n spill the beans out...

I am going back to my mum there to do my confinement. After seeking acknowledgement from my FIL (only one i respect at home lor.)

atomic: dont panic... choosing maid also need to be patience de .. since twice u know is like that ... then go select till u r satisfied as u r selecting one that needs to handle ur bb leh...

How much to hire one ah ?

How's the procedures like... i might need to consider this option if bb is care for by my mum... if by my IL i dun hire liao lor... later other family staying under the same roof use my maid like free like that hor then scare my maid away ...

xbeannie : yr mum also keep asking u when to start to rest ah. Think end of the day.. its our family that are really concern n love us most hor. My mum very xin tong when she sees me drive around n then get stuck in the seat for so long b4 i can get my butt out! haha.. My family sees my everyday still walk so fsat, rush so much and gota do so much housework at home by myself.. that they very angry at my hubby for not talking care of me. My hubby only child and only grandson.. so i think he more self-centred..only know how to care n fend for himself. until now.. he still havent change his june flight schedule leh! I dun care liao.. coz i dun want quarel n then cry n make bb stress..

Serene and sweetkiss

Mine also something like tat.. she will comment.. how come so long, ready anot...

since she wan to wash my hubby's clothes I let her wash lor.. then later part she came to complaint.. whose aunt's daughter still need to hand wash her hubby's clothes....

actually now is only my PIL and us staying together.. but my SIL stay same blk but diff storey.. so she will everyday come down a few times for meals... and my MIL help to take care of her 3 kids... age 13, 11 & 7 + a 6 yrs old neighbour kids... and she also wash all the kids clothes left no much bamboo stick for me to use so she complaint i dont wash clothes whenever i accumulate bcos of weather or in sufficient bamboo sticks...

xbeannie: I also first time hiring maid. That why's first time go down n enquire. Dunno why but juz feel that maid agency like not very "honest" leh. .so not very comfortable. She keep pushing all those transfer maids that change a few employers within like 6-9 months then told us that the employers are not good. er.. well.. I dunno how true la.. but some maid even dare dare ask me what kind of house i'm staying and which district!!!

Agency said current market rate for indon n filipino is $350. for experienced ones.. its abt $370-$380. Then she said there are some that cost $450! On top of the monthly salary.. also have to pay government for the maid levy.. i think its less than 300... not sure leh.. forgot to ask...

atomic: do anything that cheers u up... indeed quarrel n crying n stress cant solve anything... so dun care ... do whatever u r happy with...

I oso tactfully n logically tell my HB abt pro n cons on who take care of bb... n dont tell me all abt bb is who surname... so what if follow the surname but bb becomes spoilt brat!... at the end of day ppl only curse n swear at bb's parents... -.-lll

My family ah ... hahaha they keep asking me not to pek chek abt who take care bb etc... hahaha ... worst case if by force to put bb at my mum there n dun care abt who say what n worst ILs happy or not !

Sweetkiss - shes a school cleaner.. cause we all buay tahan shes at home and she herself also buay tahan.. so we found her a job to keep her bz lor.. for bb clothes.... HAIZZZ

i quickly wash in the early afternoon when shes not arnd, hoping that it will dry by the time shes back.. then who knows it rains ma..

instead of taking the bamboos of clothes into the living room first... she actually fry her vege with all the bb clothes hanging up there!!!!

i was literally jumping.. and me and hubby had to sneak out of the room to re wash everything when shes asleep.. thats like... 12+mn...

AtomicKitten -- we, as a family is super open and frank de.. even thou SIL = MIL's daughter but my MIL "heavy boys, light girls"... my SIL's hubby is more like her son than my SIL lor.. thats why me and SIL are being outcast one.. but we bo chap.. i get my hubby to protect me.. lol.. sigh, but hor, i try not to sandwich my hubby la.. so a lot of things, i swallow by myself lor...

sun_tan -- u heng liao.. ur MIL know how to take hints.. lol.. my MIL will jus continue to say that shes very eh sai.. she wanna "liang" me when i was 6 mths preg with GREEN BEANS + BARLEY.. this is liang x 200 lor..

then SIL stopped her and say that im not even 7 mths.. how can drink such things? then MIL stop..

sometimes i wonder if MIL wants to harm me indirectly or not...

xbeanniex: True lor.. if bb is spoilt.. pple will only point fingers at parents one lor. btw.. if u r considering maid hor.. must start looking le! coz it takes abt 3-4 weeks to employ one.. and if the maid is a first-timer.. she has to pass a test b4 she can start working. Then she also need some time to get used to yr family and household. IF not satisfied.. u might need time to change another maid.. so hor.. really not much time left liao le!

atomic: getting a maid is my last option only as i dun really like the idea of maid to handle my bb... =x

but again if HB is the kind of ego man ... not easy to influence him to accept the idea of not letting ILs to take bb de... so got to use practical logic to wake him up! haiz...

xbeanniex -- same here.. i respect my FIL more.. and i would rather give him pocket money than my MIL.. my FIL very pro at taking care of babies.. my niece and nephew both he took care of them since newborn.. so i will be staying here instead of gg to my mom's place.. and since MIL is working...lol... i will guard my bb and prevent my MIL will doing some weird weird things.. next time i got energy, i share with u all how she take care of kids.. u all will sure fall off the chair...

Yvonne -- my MIl used to wash hubby clothes.. then i told her.. "mother, i am his wife. its my duty to do it lor. his not a baby anymore" then my MIL ask me to handwash his JEANS! then i angry and slammed the door.. lol.. btw.. my temper is not very good one.. esp with these kinda pple..

then after that she realise i also got temper one.. so she soft a bit..

recently, she did it again.. she wash my hubby towel and not mine.. so i told her.. "mother, u next time dun wash our things.. i purposely accumulate my laundry so can safe electricity and water.. u wash like tat.. then i have to handwash my own towel.. and i have to squat down and towel is heavy one lor.."

actually the main reason is...

she wash all the clothes, towels and kids clothes together.. which i dun agree de la.. im not a clean freak but hor.. im quite particular with what is washed together.. example : towels, face towels shouldnt be washed with clothes cause of the body oil we accumulate. daily clothes are not as dirty and normal washing in the machine will do. but towels have to wash with bleach and soaked before throwing into the machine.. bedsheets and blankets also have to be washed seperately. but she can lump them ALL in..

i wash my washing machine everytime i see her wash... FLOOORRR MATSSS.. and from the fliter bag, i always find, vege, bean spout, chilli seeds.. imagine the hygiene at home?? she dun wash the kitchen floor mats frequently de lei.. she wash like every few MONTHS.. i told her.. buy cheaper floor towels and jus throw away since she dun wash them frequently... all my table cloths are black in colour... so... when shes not arnd.. i will take my own rags to use... lol...

this is jus part of it.. there are still tons more...

u can call me "gao zeh" but hor... this is not something i can tolerate with la..

worst thing is.. if i help to wash.. she will sigh and sigh.. zek and zek (make the noise)

Atomickitten becareful of those maid that asked about type of house + district. sure no good attitude one

Serene poor thing, have to sneaked out to wash baby's clothes. but if your MIL is the type that favours sons, then it's funny that she never even try to be good to you since your baby will carry the family name. so i suppose she bochap your SIL's kids la, since they don't carry the family name?

but i must say you're a good DIL - 6 years in "woodbridge" have prepared you for all eventualities lor

dun think your MIL wants to harm you. think she said that so you'd rather not have her prepare any food for you - playing the ignorant type

ica -- she adores my hubby but she knows my hubby kena "brainwash" by me liao.. lol.. so she LOVES my brother in law.. my BIL loves soft drinks.. every meal also need a can of soft drink.. so she will buy.. then hide inside the fridge (vege compartment) and then serve him when his home... she can hide until we all cannot find one...

she adores my nephew and she can push and scold my niece.. when she knows my bb is a girl.. she went like "this bb is very notti" i was like.. WTF? what are u talking abt? what she did that made u feel that she naughty? i wanted to tell her off liao.. but i rennnnnn.. i tell my mom... if she see newspaper got a crazy woman taking chopper, dun be surprised its me wor..

when i sit on the floor, she say cannot cause later i will sprain her leg.. later say i cannot bend down to take things if not i will squash her head.. nothing from her mouth is good one.. NOTHING. i told my mom and my mom was super pissed off.. my grandma even wanted to come down to confront her.. but my mom stopped grandma.. lol..

serene: just like i tell my HB, if i was to do the housework at ILs place... please prepare an empty lorry for me... as i will empty the whole kitchen out !... then my HB dare not ask me to help do housework liao accept own room.

And the toilet i wash once then still got ppl dare to ask why this week no one wash toilet! I tell my HB again... if i wash the toilet, i will lock the toilet after i use n wash it... since i am the one washing it ma... the rest wan to use go use the master bed room de lor ... since dun want to wash toilet ma ...

then my HB keep quiet again...

beannie should get your hubby to attend Mrs Wong's classes - she has so many maid horror stories to tell. and confinement nannies, too. makes you wonder whether it's really worth it to employ a maid or CL lor

Serene black table cloths...reminded me of my BIL and SIL. they came to visit us once and after their showers, i was walking past the bathroom and i smelled something foul (like rotten smell), so i chastised hubby for being so smelly - i thot he did a big biz in the loo - and i kept spraying those toilet refreshner to get rid of the smell. then hubby quietly told me it was their towel - all black! true lor, coz the smell din go away until they left. some ppl really boh chap one...

ica -- i dunno man.. she alr cooked that pot of thing liao.. then end up the family had to finish.. and i mean.. A POT.. very big one.. i dun dare to eat anything she makes..

and for the sneaking part.. its not the first time liao.. last time she forbids me to eat whatever i crave.. she will scold me and scold baby.. so my poor hubby had to take lift to 6th floor and walk the stairs at the other end to the 11th floor to pass me the food over our room window and i enjoy the food in the room.. if he take the normal route, he will pass by my house door first, then my MIL will "Catch" him.. so he had to go by the other side lor..

serene: hahaha so cute... just like my HB sneak a stick of ice cream so secretly to prevent my MIL from knowing then starts the nagging... lolx ...

Serene shucks! have to resort to such extremities ah?! aiyo...think you must live and let live for the time being until baby is out, ok? tahan tahan...

xbeanniex -- i never dared to clean the kitchen.. cause all my MIL's pets are there.. like the cockroaches and lizard.. there are at least 3 generations there.. not forgetting spiders...

each time when i wanna use ANY utensils.. i will re wash with soap.. when my MIL sees this, she will make funny noises.. (and say im pampered again)..

that is why... i have a personal cabinet to put all my baking stuff and a special compartment in the fridge JUST for me. cause.. i cannot tahan contaminated things.. esp FOOD.

i wash the toilet also.. cause got the stain on the tiles.. and RUBBISH everywhere.. then she will complain say why i do this why i do that.. then i jus tell her off.. "ur toilet SUPER dirty.. i dunno how to keep myself clean in a dirty toilet"

the prob is.. she bo chap and dun wan pple to chap too! i cant wait to move out seriously. i jus need to escape.

ica -- OMG... my niece and nephew's water bottles (used at home) have the black algae stains.. and for YEARS.. no one bother to change the bottle, no one bother to scrub it.. i jus keep accumulating over time.. and my niece and nephew keeps on drinking from the same bottle..

i didnt change cause i will argue with my MIL over it.. if i pin point, she will scold me for being a spoil brat.. then if i scrub it.. and she sees it.. she will feel offended...

see.... how can i put my bb in her hands lei?

ica -- tahan-ing lor.. even if i get a flat from BTO, i have to wait for another 4 YEARSSSS.. 2nd hand flats, i dun have so much cash to give the owner wor... haizz...

if wanna talk about MIL, i talk 3 days also cannot finish.. shes a typical TVB + KOREAN drama MIL...

Serene...

hmm... how can u stand there for so long... really not hygenic...

Yap if wan to say its endless one...

start applying for a flat if u haven do so ... wait for another 3-4 yrs better than drag and drag...

Hi hi,

sorry think sometime ago someone did mention when we shld start taking some liang stuff. however i forgot to jote it down. can someone pls advise. i m now in my 28 wks. shld i start now or later?

thks

Yvonne -- but HDB give me a queue number that is far far far away lor.. how to get [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so upset..

xbeanniex -- im not surprised.. lol..

Justina Ho -- coconut juice from fresh coconut once every mth, on the last 2 mths before ur EDD..

today, my bb decided to rest on my right pelvic bone.. not pain but.. jus feeling funny like.. someone playing with my bone..

i think she grew a lot in length and strength.. cant wait to see her.. im getting impatient..

Good afternoon ladies:

Busy morning for me. It's raining heavily at my side so dunno how to go buy lunch. Sian. A lot of postings going on this morning. haha!!

MIL vs Own mum: I think both also treat me equally well. My mum did buy me bird nest to eat during my 2nd trimester. She also will cooked fresh fish for me every Sunday when i go home for dinner. My MIL is abit scared now cos during my first trimester, I think she tried to "pu" me without knowing that I am not allowed to take any tonic during that time and I bleed. So she is a little put off by the incident le. Now in my 2nd trim into my 3rd trim, she will only cook chicken hebral soup for dinner for the whole family la. She only use Sakura organic chicken now to boil the soup. Hubby is also more cautious and will asked her what she put in. Haha!! She always make sure I take the chicken thigh.. she say more meat so more "pu". Haha!! Now she is in Europe holidaying with my FIL.. she even say she will buy the tonic liquor from DFS so that I can use during confinement. So I am quite lucky that both treats me equally well ba.

But hoh my mum is more naggy than my in law lo. She nags about things i buy, etc. My MIL just let me do whatever i wan. And she is also very understanding on why I wan to bring BB home every night cause I scared BB not close to me if I only bring him home once a week.

Baby Powder: I heard Avent one is talc liquid powder. Maybe I go buy California non talc powder ba. I am using cornstarch powder (cheaper alternative to grooming powder) for my dogs.. felt funny using the same thing for BB. Haha!!

Serene: Your MIL house really disgusting lei. I mean I am not a cleanliness freak but then that is too digusting to live in lo. I think my dogs' bowls & drinking bottles & towels are cleaner lo. Haha!!

serene: wow that's really terrible of your MIL... so unhygenic! luckily my MIL dun cook in the kitchen coz the grandparents in law lives next door and all cooking is done there. she also likes to hog the washing machine leh. she treats the washing machine like a pail... simply dumps all the dirty clothes inside, wait till it is full then on to wash directly. why can't put in a pail??? when i wan to use the machine realize their dirty clothes are inside, i have to take them out again. can u imagine me having to pick out FIL's worn undergarments?

but she too, loves to keep leftover food. regardless of how many ppl going home for dinner, she still cooks the portion as if for whole family. i will not be surprised if i am eating Friday nite's dishes today.

many things i am unhappy about. so the moment i realize i was pregnant, i started looking for resale flat! and i finally got my keys last fri!

Justina: my mum said i can start eating coconuts once or twice a month. the crystal jade one very nice. has egg white and hashima in the coconut, and it is served warm!

Serene

I know how u feel.. I went thru b4.. Q no alway far far.... but i nv stop applying.. if u dont try forever no chance...

so must keep on trying!!!! Jia you...

Back