(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

xbeanniex -- after months of experimenting, we confirm that bb girl knows whose hands is whose.. when hubby puts his hands on my tummy.. bb girl dun move.. when i put.. she will move, but she will try to kick it away...

last night, hubby tell me suddenly... "dear, i really think Celeste recognizes our hands..." and he sounded disappointed.. lol..

Ann -- all the 2nd hand houses are asking for high cash return lei.. haizz.. i wish i can find a house soon...

Sweetkiss -- totally understand how u feel man.. my SIL and MIL seems pretty fine with the kids wearing their school uniforms for a week then wash... and their socks to be washed once every 3 days..

until my niece kena foot rot.. then i found out about it and instructed the kids in the house to change socks everyday.. then niece's recovered. and i had to educate my SIL and MIL the importance of changing socks.. i told them.. i never expect foot rot on kids.. i commonly see them on guys who go forest training.. then SIL say.. she got no time to wash.. i say.. "then u jus put one side and wash later but the kids need to wear fresh pair of socks everyday..

as for the uniforms.. for now.. im the one washing everyday for them since im at home... when im back to work.. everything will jus fall back to normal....

Haizz

Oh no I just realised that I don't have much time to book my post-natal massage!

Can I find out how much is the package or per session on average?

Is there a very popular masseur by the name of Mas? My friend gave me this contact 98954769. Is she the same lady?

Ann -- thats why everyone aim for new flats.. then bust the queue lor.. haiz... im so upset lor.. must try how many times then will have house lei.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

AtomicKitten, I just confirmed my maid 2 weeks back. I had quite a positive experience at the maid agency I went to called Raymond Maids at Katong Shopping Centre. If I'm not wrong, they have another branch at Bukit Timah. My mum has been using this maid agency ever since I was a small kid.

I managed to interview this Filipino girl over Skype (she was at the Philipines agency) and she has 3 years of domestic helping experience in Philippines, and best of all, she has agreed not to take off days. Her monthly salary is $380.

My agent advised me to take transfer maids at all, and initially I chose another maid but she found out that her brother is actually staying and working in SG, and asked me not to take her for fear that they would be in contact too frequently. So I find her very honest, and only wants the best for the customers, instead of shoving unwanted maids down our throats.

Serene >> U applied for BTO?

Luckily that time when me & my HB bought our resale flat in early 2007, it was before the property mkt boom.

In a few yrs' time, we r thinking of upgrading...hopefully then the COV dun be so high, else we'd be stuck in our current flat with limited space.

Serene: Like mrslong, we bought our resale flat in 2007, just before the property mkt boom. For me, I just bought 5 rm flat straight away cos thinking in advance if have kids also got more space for them. hehe!!

Last time round, new flat queue number for me also very far.. always get 3000+ queue number. Dun even need to see anything lo. Sickening.

Ya now COV quite high.. plus need to reno, buy furniture & also baby expenses, i dun dare to think about the amt already. tried balloting a total of 7-8 times since 2007. all lousy queues. nv even got a chance to go appt once.

Ann >> Mine is also 5 rm flat. That time HB wanted to buy EA but I said 5 rm enough cuz next time when hv kids, then upgrade.

So will hv to upgrade to EA in a few yrs' time, when my ILs move in with us cuz by then they old liao...and we're hoping to hv kid No.2 by then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrslong: I have been to those EA flat before lei.. not really very big lei. Maybe I have not seen those big one ba. So I find paying so much more for EA is not worth it as compared to 5 room flat lo.

EA - depends on how old is the HDB block, the newer flat are definitely smaller than the old ones... mine is also resale 5rm, the floor area is 121sqm, but my block very old liaoz, coming 23 years old lo

Ann >> Cuz EA has one more room so we can use that as a study or 2nd kids room. Else 5 rm flat, hv me + HB + ILs + kids...maybe too small liao. Somemore Sengkang flat not very big, hehee.

Actually best is those older 5rm flats with 4 bedrooms...those are big but also more EX lah.

Ya lo.. old flats are definitely bigger but more ex.

Actually when me and hubby decide to get married, we did consider staying near my in law but AMK flats are really expensive and COV is really very high. So me and hubby decide to stay near my mum place instead. Luckily in law understanding and never commented much.

ann: the reason for my TPY is becos dun want to get into the misunderstanding... so get in the central... as my ILs place is at bukit batok, my mum at Tampines...

xbeanniex: wow the peak is really ex! i went to the showflat that time, but i wont be able to afford it. the 5 room flats looked really gd but cost like half a million already...

My eyes XX after reading all the postings just for today!!!

Flat size

I stay in an EA flat but in an ulu area [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Must say that I enjoy the space a lot. 143square meters. 3 bedroom plus one open-concept study room which we converted into dining area. Bought it in 2001 when I had to get married within 100 days when my dad passed away. My whole living room plus dining room plus balcony are all linked (knocked down walls last year) to create a big play area for my #1... MIL stays with us on weekdays to look after #1. When I have 2 kids, I suppose the 2 boys can sleep in 1 room while MIL takes the other. My bedroom is also of good size.

Hard to move to anywhere now coz really used to the size and spaciousness of the flat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

YAwn... Third trimester is tiring.. Heart burn started last week. Now gotta eat small but frequent meals if not sure puke/burp big time. The night wee wee is horrible!!! Looking more and more tired.

yup... indeed is exp. but wat to do ... if choose else where my ILs cfm go blah blah to say de... so what if my parents understands the price is so steep bo bian got to choose ulu areas so is cheap...

Hey by the way, who the kind mummy who is updating names for kids? I've decided on the name liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xbeanniex: That's why sometime in laws got to be understanding too. Flats are not as cheap as what they use to be lo. I think my in laws got 2 daughters so they should understand their daughters will be someone else DIL in future like me now. They won't wan their own daughters to suffer too with their future MIL.

phy: It's Eliss (Ecym)

xbeanniex: i see.. but it is really a great location. lucky u!

phy: yup i am so sleepy now too. 2 more hours to go. i cant wait!!! and it is only monday.. sad.

Thanks Eliss [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Going to name him Ryder

xbeanniex,

TPY flats good for investment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Good that you got one there.

sweetkiss: great location with a high price !

ann: sad lor... i ask my HB "what Pa say when discuss that i will go back my mum there do confinement?" My FIL doesnt mind (can hear he really dont mind as he understands)

But my MIL like buay song like that ... but my HB bo chap... kekeke as my MIL starting tell my HB to tell me to go back my Mum there for confinement ... reason she mentioned is "dont know what she like to eat, later cook ready she dont like to eat how?"

so HB bo chap my MIL and ask my FIL directly...

Sweetkiss,

Actually I can go home already.. just that gotta work from home... but can't achieve much at home coz

1)#1 sure bugs me

2)the bed /couch is simply too alluring!!

Think third trimester is really like a hybernating period... just keep storing and fattening up the kiddo inside us... then we just become fatter and fatter and clumsier and clumsier..

Haha, yesterday just got my kind sister to cut my toe nails (dare not trust DH coz worried he'll cut my flesh!)

hi mummies,

How's ur weekend?

DQ: Sorry couldnt attend the gathering on sat. spotting haven stop.

sweetkiss, yvonne, Serene: i almost same situation as u. now i'm still staying with my parents and will stay over at PIL place over weekend. But stay 2 days also need to prepare "sun tze ping fa".

may: weekend is my relax days... no need to open ears big big n eyes big big to hear n see at my ILs place... weekdays are torturing... want to rest early also cannot...

last weekend at my mum there - due to many cousins come over - i didnt get to rest well, i so pek chek wake up say "so noisy, next weekend dun wan come back le lar!" n just so real my bro got so panic not seeing me home on friday night, he so kan cheong... hahaha

Mrs Long,

I'm like a zombie/robot walking to the toilet for few times a night. So automatic now, wake up, turn to side, get up, walk to toilet, eyes half-closed, pee, flush, wash hands and crawl back to horizontal position.

once I fell asleep sitting on the toilet seat. haha. Gosh, imagine we have a 10weeks or so to go!

mrslong & midnight wee wee mummies:

I counter attack back by having sip of water in the night from 8pm onwards rather then drinking by mouthful. N i wakes up once almost every night since last week... usually at 3am... kekekeke

xbeanniex,

It does help you har? I shall try tonight. Long for nights where I can Zzzzz for a good straight 8 hours...

xbeaniex >> I try to limit my water intake by 10pm cuz usually I'll drink my milk at nite, abt 9.30pm.

Sometimes end up the wee wee not a lot but just have the urge, if u know what I mean. If I ignore it, and just try to get bk to sleep, like very uneasy (gao wek), heehe.

Eliss >> I shld be going only on Sun.

Wanna wait till Thursday's paper advertisement on the Expo to decide if it's worth to take 1/2day on Fri to go or not instead.

BTW, any OCBC Robinsons cardmember here? Robinson's having a close-door sale for members this Thurs. Some BB items are going for up to 50% disc.

phy: yup works for me ... actually i try the various hours ... starting from 10pm like mrslong. but still got to wake up at 1am, 330am, 530am. so i slowly bring the hour earlier lor... finally 8pm... hahaha i usually slps ard 1030pm, so hang on till then go last pee then slp... 3am go for another pee, then morning 730am wake up for work... hahahahaa

Mrs long,

Thanks for telling abt the Robinson sales!! Need to get a booster seat for my boy.

Eliss,

Thanks for updating. I don't think I'll travel there to check out the baby fair... Usually long queues...

mrslong, I am a OCBC Robinsons cardmember...where did u get details about the close-door sale? I still have BB items to get.

phy: wow u can go off so early! envy...

dunno is it i grew fatter or because of my haircut. so angry with the hairdresser who cut my hair yesterday. my face looks so big with the short fringe. and today my coll kept commenting i look bloated on my face, he asked if i am giving birth soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi serene, i also got the same prob with u. I've tried applying for flat since 5 years ago but either dun even get a queue no else is queue no super far away. Recently then i got news fm HDB giving me a number where i can get to select a flat finally.

then came this prob.. this morning i receive a email fm VP asking me to attend a security course fm 24 - 26 May 2010 @ mandai camp. And i was appointed as Security Executive for the company early this month.

So came my concern. Cos i understand that taxi cannot go into the area and need to walk a far distance in before reaching the course area hence i went to my mgr and inform him of my concern tat i dun mind attending the course but can it be after my delivery cos by then i'm already into my 31 / 32 weeks and is heavily pregnant so how to walk so far. Plus 24 May i need to go HDB to select flat.

Guess what my mgr says? He told me "HDB appointment can reschedule want right?"

Really super pek chek lor... Fm morning angry till now.

Mrslong,

Any loud sound may startle your kiddo.. Hmm, some mummies are fine but others like me, would rather give the cinema a miss at this stage.

Sweetkiss,

Your colleague is a guy hor? So insensitive! Shouldn't have made such comments to preggie ladies lah. Ignore his comments, must believe that we look beautiful no matter what or how tired we are or how bloated we are with our bumps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh ok, cuz my HB won a pair of tickets to watch Iron Man 2 this Sat. So wanna join him...maybe bring a blanket & cover my tummy.

May >> your mgr so inconsiderate one.

Back