(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

xx, no! my maid doesn't speak proper sentences.

she cannot understand my proper sentences and my broken english sentences too. she always TRY to understand and end up misinterpreting me...

she will tell my girl "see auntie" when she actually meant "let auntie see". the meaning is totally different. she pronounce 'ants' as 'aunts'. *peng* it took me a long long while to realise she meant aunts..oops! i meant ants.

BUT! that said... she takes care of my ger very well and i am happy.

the big problem is... my ger is going to pick up poor english from her and my pil dont speak english. sighhh...

my hub thinks its no big deal cos both of us grew up from family that speaks dialect and no english and we all turns out well...

I had a hard time convincing him many of the kids out there are already speaking good english at age of 4...

Sparkle, I m sure my boy will one day tell me he wants to eat PISH and doesn't want to wear PUMPpers! Oh well. What to do? I think u don't need to worry abt Le Qi's English proficiency, she'll learn in school like our generation did.

Sparkle, their pronunciation is different from ours. We bot duck rice for our previous filipina maid n she said she doesn't eat duck. We were puzzled. After she left, we realised she heard "DOG rice", not quack quack rice. So funny lor. Maybe she was thinking when we will have Fifi rice.

Elise, u r very hardworking leh. I still feel the pros r the pros. Different from diy at home. Now I very hiao leh. I wanna do medi pedi, facial, massage, hair treatment every month. But no money leh...

Hope, I just sent in my redemption request. They haven't contact me yet. U gotta go to the swba website to submit. By 30 June.

Vain

Haha.... I think I am the most vain here! I go for facial every 2 weeks (unless traveling which is once a blue moon now) since before I pak-tor with my hb. I try to go massage at least once a month. And I do my pedi every 6 weeks!!!! My hb calls me kobe beef. Just being rubbed all the time and then being "slaughtered" by my children.

In my defense, I am old liao. Unlike you young and pretty girls. Thus need more upkeep.

My boys

Today is Jeph's Birthday and Jake's lunar Birthday. I went on a solo date with Jeph. So bitter sweet that he has grown so much!!!

Then we gave Didi some cake for the 1st time. He likes it a lot. But I think he might be allergic to it cos after a while he was making a lot of noise like he was uncomfortable. Then he threw up A LOT!!!! Those "merlion" kinda vomit. Aiyo... I am worried that he will have lots of allergies when he grows up. Yesterday I let him lick lick a bit of ice cream and he had some rash on his mouth area after that. Poor baby, cannot eat chocolate and ice cream. So sad right???

Elise - Good regime, and good to be so disciplined. My last facial was b4 E was born, and last paper mask was dunno when also. Better do something this week.

Mass Birthday Bash -9th July is ok for me too!

Swim Trainer trial - yup, what time huh? will clash with Joelle's party or not?

Jenn,

Wah! You really make the time hor. I must learn from you. BTW, I am also old, not like these young girls.

Jenn, I'm taking sx for egg allergy test tomorrow, will tell u how it went. Not trying to scare u but my niece who has a damn serious egg allergy also started from a bite of birthday cake and threw up till bin qi qi.

Next time I can jio u for aesthetic treatment dates! I dun really like massage as I feel very uncomfy once a person touches my back. I stiff like mannequin when go massage.

Swim trial, I'm finalizing some small details and will firm up plans soon to be announced. It's in the morning of 2nd july starting abt 10am.

Jenn,

Didi - oh no. But I read somewhere that sometimes, if you keep offering, bb may build up immunity, so not all is lost. Actually, allergy to foods is very funny, can develop over time. When I was younger, I drank milk with no problem, but now I am older, I find that I am lacose intolerant. A friend is the same.

Solo date with Korkor -I saw the photo on fb. very nice. You took him out of school today?

Ty

Yah lor... Please tell me more after your egg allergy test. I think my Didi might have several allergies. I feel so bad for him. can you imagine not being able to eat chocolate and ice cream???

Massage? I love it! I will fall asleep de. Sometimes I feel lugi cos I almost always fall asleep when being massaged on my back. Then I don't "feel" the massage.

Dot

Yah, I took Jeph out from school to kai-kai today. Hahaha... now can skip school. Once in proper grade school or primary school cannot anyhow pong-tank liao :p

Marina Bay Sands

Mommies who have stayed there, can you please enlighten me on the Deluxe, Premier and Grand rooms? All the pictures look the same leh but of cos prices aren't the same. Am thinking what is the difference.

I went there today with Jeph. A lot of nice things to see!!! Thinking of doing a staycation there tho I know my hb will not approve as he thinks staycations are silly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jenn, u go facial every 2 weeks! wow! thats your secret to your good skin?

elise, u also very hardworking! every week! i very forgetful. buy papermask and forget about them...

i remember some time back, somebody recommends IPL or rollers kinda treatments? where huh?

ty, u very optimistic like my hub. *keeping fingers crossed*

xx, hee. poor maid traumatised by the 'dog rice'.

Sparkle

I recommend IPL too!!! Very good though a bit painful cos due to time constraint I don't apply the numbing cream (need to apply then wait 30min). Got rid of quite a lot of my freakles (or is it age spots?). Very happy with it =)

I am very vain hor?

Solo date with Jeph

My hb reprimanded me for making Jeph walked so much today. He saw the pictures of us walking on the DNA bridge from the Sands to Ritz side and calls me cheap for not taking taxi. I told him I left the car at home cos Jeph wanted to take bus mah!!! Like that also kena. &@#*&^@$%

Ty, can the swimdate start slightly later... 10.30 or 11? cos zinc, joelle and I have kindermusik till 9.45 at pasir ris leh.. must give us time to fly down wor

Ipl

i also wanna do. For armpits. Wahaha... Saw this Regina has gss promotion. Only $138 nett. Damn cheap lor. Thiers is kpl,

which they claim is painless. Anybody interested to go?

Jenn, I can imagine. Even if I look at your skin under a magnifying glass, I wun find a blackhead right? So envious...

Zoie, dun worry you can make it more than enough time.

The babies gotta take turns in groups of 3 with the coach, each group abt 20 mins. I m trying to convince the coach to do groups of 5 otherwise long time to wait. The organizers said they will bring a few toys for the kids to play e.g rody. Y bike.

Jenn, the MBS pool is solid! I love it! Better go staycation on weekday if u can. I booked Atrium Deluxe but got upgraded to Horizon Grand - the difference is the floor level and view. The room no big deal but got TWG teabags remember??? Lol!! Your hubby will like snoring by the pool. The spicy wings order to eat at the poolside....shiok.... But u shd bring yr maid so evening u can have romantic dinner at ku de ta!

Hi mummies,

I'm fine with 9 July jun Bb bash [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Do lemme know if need helps as i seldom follow the thread. Pm me at fb as im more active there. Btw, mummies wanna customized tee/romper for all jun babies? Jus an opinion... I can source for it..keke..

Ty, for the swim trial am I on the confirmed list?

Xx

Who's this Regina person huh? I will try to contact e person who's liaising w me that time and see if now can join not.. Some taka one.. More convenient =) hope they dun b like subtle senses!

Irene

That time Xmas bash we wanted personalized rompers but somehow things din work out wor

What's ipl actually huh? Different frm usual facial?

Jenn

The rooms are ok la.. Some have bath, some shower stand.. No need to pay high price for the rooms cos most of the time are out?

Hmm seems like most mummies ok w 9 July?

Tigerbb

Hmm I put Jojo on waitlist for twice a wk.. Cos accompanied so abit diff to arrange for mre days

Ty/Jojo

Are u all gg Eton 717 to check out again?

Bambini playdate

Genice, Missy, Jolene and myself are thinking of bringin the Bbs there next tues ard 12pm? Anyone keen too???

Pediped

Just checked the tracking shipment, the shoes arrived at the place alr!! Our loot arrived safely at e bro's place! Will update all ltr abt tx details and also hopefully got playdate end July and I can pass u all ur loot..

Amy, I can pass urs during Shichida class so no worries abt that.. Tersher live nearby amk, shouldnt b a prob too.. And actually grace also ok la, can drop off when I go work, prob u need to wake up at 7am to receive during a Sch day lo

Sparkle, bobiah, not that i'm hardworking becos last time my face is full of pimples and i'm scared to revert back to that teenager me, which is so ugly. so have to put on all these stuff on my face. my mum once said my dressing table is so scary like a witch's room with many magical portions. haha!

Jenn, no leh! u r not vain. i thinking of when i reach 40 years old, i want to go for Botox. how about it?

Hope, IPL means intense pulse light. to make your skin tighter and with more radiant lor.

jenn,

ai seh, you really hardworking. no wonder you still looks good!

xiao xiin,

hahahaha! i wanted to laugh about "duck-dog rice".

ya, our pronounciation is different from maids regardless where they are from. sometimes till now, i still have abit difficulty to understand what my maid wants to tell me.

sparkle,

if can, just correct your maid's pronounciation. after all, your LQ gonna face her all day long. sometimes elson speaks like my maid. -_-"

Hope, I am ok with next tues playdate.. but I prob need a lift somewhere.. its at dempsey right? Think Ty also has some plans for next tues

hopecg, i wanna join tuesday playdate.. I see if I can take leave...keke.. Btw, where is its? So u okie with the idea to made customised romper for jun bb bday bash?

Mummies, wanna customised romper/tee for jun bb birthday bash? Let me know ur opinion so that I can source and ask them to give us a gd price...

zoie/irene,

yup @ dempsey.

FYI:

http://gogobambini.com/contact-us

what i see from the webbie regarding about the price:

Non-Members

Children 2-11 years: $17 for unlimited play

Children 12-23 mths: $6 for unlimited play

Adults & Babies <11mths: FREE

must bring socks right?

i probably will drag my maid along too since im bringing both boys.

Irene, i think the idea of customised romper is good. but need to ask the majority for opinion bah.

bluey, u on leave nx tuesday huh?! so good hor

Milk

I am really gonna pull my hair off..yesterday I gave my boy enfa 50ml + milo (1 teaspoon) => he totally rejected it after taking a sip..

Then this morning I gave him meiji freshmilk.he only drank abt 80ml after 1.5hr of coaxing..and now when I tried to get him drink somemore..he clamped his mouth tight..

Why is it so difficult to make him drink??? I read that at his age, he shd take in abt 500ml of milk/yogurt/cheese/milk source per day, if he is on 3 solid feedings. I doubt he is taking enough leh..really dunno what to do..I have yet to try out UHT milk ..think he is too young to drink UHT, right?

The only diary product he is willing to eat is yogurt, and ice-cream. Thinking of getting a yogurt machine so that I can prepare my own yogurt..economical and healthier in the long run right???

Jojo - I will not have wanted to wean him off so early if he is willing to take FM. Now, he is very obsessed with my breastmilk..refused to take in other milk. he rather drinks plain water.

Last night, I managed to pat n rock him to sleep without nursing him..took me almost 2 hrs..and I had to stay besides him..I think he is using my breasts as security blanket.

BB bday bash

I can't make it in July as the older kids will be busy after the june holiday ends. Their weekend enrichment/tuition classes will resume.

Maintenance

I always tell my man, be grateful that i no need high maintenance..no facial, pedicure, spa or whatever. The only indulgence is the foot reflex..but then I only get to go twice after CNY..no time to complete the package. Then, my boy misplaced my package card after playing with my bag..I think I still have abt $300 odd of package values yet to be utilised. Arrghggghhh...I think I shall not take on anymore packages liao since cannot commit to finish them.

Even haircut..I also go to neighbourhood type..do a simple trimming and that's it.

I miss working days..when I can knock off earlier at work and do some retail therapy..go gym..or dining with galfrens...

June bash,

Can Sunday or not,10th July? I can't make it on all sats coz working [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] unless mornings

at Mt e now, one of bb's eye lid become more swollen than yesteerday tot i saw a scratch but since it worsen today bot him to pd safer. was told the wait will be 3 hr+ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] v impressed by the customer service of MT e hospital they actually approach me voluntary when i was asking the cleaner abt nursing rm and let me use the nursing rm at the delivery suite level. it refreshes my memory when i give birth to yide[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

amy, how's your yide? hope he's okay yeah? yeah i agree Mt E service is good. but prices are sky-high. both of my SILs gave birth there

bb bd bash

fidgets has replied wif qns. wil update fm my side if any. weekends is better for me. Saturday afternoons are best. 2-4pm.

doobom

Grassroots club sounds better. cos near MRT. more convenient. But never been there b4.

yaozi,

Yes, I have been to the place. So near to Yio Chu Kang MRT, and next to Nanyang Polytechnic. Have planned my boy's birthday party there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I KPO-ed and ask if there is any vacant slot in Jul as I read about the intent to have a bash for Jun11 BBs. So the only slot they have is 03-Jul (due to last min. cancellation).

We may have to give it a miss as this slot (03-Jul) is quite tight for many.

For your info, the following link. Scroll down to Children's Playroom.

http://www.grassrootsclub.org.sg/meetnmingle.html#meeting12

Hope, Regina is the name of a shop. They have four outlets in sg I think. They do kpl for facial, bust n hair removal.

I got my cure done! My first gellish mani. They mark up the ala carte price so high that it doesn't make much sense not to sign package. So unethical lor i feel. I better pray that they wun close down in the near future. Or maybe CASE shd have some regulations for ala carte n package price. Say, 20% savings if we sign package. To be fairer to consumers mah.

XX

You are too kind liao. I have a lot of those oil seed around my jaw line. My beautician said it's hormonal changes. Guess I stopped bfing 2-3 months only thus still adjusting.

Cold

My baby and I are down with cold. Damn sian. I am a bit pissed off. Last Sat, we had a party for the boys. My hb's colleague brought his wife and son. He said his son has a cold. But yet he and his wife let his son kissed my baby on the lips!!!! They were still so proud saying how their son wanted to kiss Didi goodbye and since he is used to kissing people on the lips, he kissed my didi on the lips too! I was quite irritated cos I was thinking "Didn't you said your child has a cold????". So f-ing inconsiderate. I told my hb, wait till my kids are sick and then go make their kid sick then they know.

Xx, yup he tried that float cos he is kinda tall, feet keep touching the tub when he uses the neck float. So end up he walks instead of swim.. after changing he float, it was slightly better

Jenn, got cold still bring to party. How can?? Really inconsiderate.

Zoie, is it good? Next time I also wanna let zz try. He doesn't want the neck float anymore. He uses the ring which I find is pretty good cos they wun tip over unlike the normal ring float. His hands will be busy grabbing n throwing the water toys.

Xiaoxin....errr okay lor.. i think the original swimtrainer is definitely better.

Jenn, hope u and didi get well soon.. some parents are just so inconsiderate.

Mummies, want to ask some advice. My mother said that my boy has fever of 38.5 1st time my boy is sick. What Shd. I do? Monitor? For how long? Or bring him to Dr now?

Jenn,

How can so buay zi dong n kiss on the lips! Idiots..

Amy,

Hope it ain't too serious.

Bday bash

I am ok wif most dates in July.

Dot,

U hv any paracetamol to administer first? Monitor n sponge the head - so long bb still active n well shld not hv to worry.

Dot - usu for fever, I will monitor for 3 days..and if fever does not come down by 3rd day, I will send him to PD. Koaru is right, so long as bb is active n well, dun hv to bring him to doc now.

dot,

Is your boy having any other symptoms such as runny nose, cough, etc?

Also if you have any fever medi (paracetamol)?

For me, if only fever (due to body heatiness), give dose of fever medi (4-6 hourly) and monitor if fever subsides gradually. If fever persists after 2 days, then bring him to see doc. Concurrently, give lotsa of water and replace cereals feeds with porridge as cereals are really heaty. No biscuits/heaty food (snacks) at the moment.

Monitor temperature every half an hour and keep him cool (not overly dressed/constant sponge him).

However if with other symptoms, most likely fever is due to those symptoms. Bring to see doc.

Back