(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Ty, their feet grow so fast ah!?!? I brought her to try Pediped over the weekend. The 12-18 mth still has ard 2 cm allowance for her. So I wanted to get a 12-18 mth pair and another 18-24 pair. Never mind la, if she really cannot wear by the time the shoe arrived, I'll just give them to a fren whose daughter is 3 months younger.

Milk,

Mummies, PD told me today that the nutrients for Stage 3 formula milk, growing up milk and the UHT carton milk is abt the same. It's all merely marketing gimmicks. I'm quite confused as to what to give bb. I intend to stop bf in the next few weeks but still hv no idea what milk to give bb. Can let me know what type/brands are good for one yr old bb?

Yaozi, sparkle, I gave the sample enfa sachet, for 1-3 yo, that's enfagrow huh? I got the name wrong la. I can't express now cos one of my pump part is spoilt (thanks to my maid), yet to get replacement parts. I also dun like the idea of mixig cos I scared later he reject the whole bottle then there goes my ebm. But now, seems like I've no choice. Gotta take a step backwards. U know when I first introduce plain water, zz also refuse to drink, I just kept offering n offering. Now he loves plain water. I'll just rem this eg n work on it.

Steamer

I have novita. Erm... Good for clothes that doesn't have to be crease free like tee shirts, shorts, berms. Business shirts still gotta be pressed. Good for synthetic material that cannot tahan the high heat iron. I like to imagine how it conditions/softens my clothes, n kill bacteria (cos use steam ma), ok I'm talking rubbish... I heard it consumes less electricity than the normal iron too. It's quite hard to steam vertically, my right hand will go numb. N it's hard to steam the edges of the clothes, I scalded my fingers/hand a few times before I learn. My advice, can do without one. My novita has become a white elephant since my maid does the ironing. I use it for curtains once in a while. But steam iron is definitely gentler to clothes than normal iron.

zinc

the one i bought is for ironing in general, not for touch up. cos ironing on board is straining on our arms. but seems like the effect on certain shirts not so good. So usually use it for thinner shirts. Have to try a few times to get the hang of it. Most of the time my hubby does his own ironing though. I lazy.

xx

if zz takes ebm, shd b ok to mix. start wif a very small amt first and gradually increase so zz can accept the taste. try again bah. sure ok one. make sure no lao sai or constipation. all the best.

Tersher

yah, bb's feet grow very fast. read somewhere need to change shoes once every 3 months.

Xx/yaozi thanks I'll try to go down to some departmental store to see if there's any demonstration before we get one.. Don't want it to end up like a white elephant too.. Cos my hubby's uniform quite thick..

Bb feet.. Ya I think my boy's feet grows at an alarming rate! He can't wear his pediped 12-18mths le.. Bought hima pair of squeaky sandals frm cerisi for daily walk use.. Only 12$+ when I bought his see kai run the lady at the bb fair mentioned one size only last them abt 2-3 months.. But we can't buy too big also cos might develop into flat feet..

Yaozi, means I need to pump n can't latch on anymore lor. If I still latch on, zz can compare n will know the difference in taste. Haiz... Dunno will work or not. So used to latching on le.

Zinc, army uniform ar? Confirm cannot use steamer. Need to press one. Steamer works for casual wear.

Pediped

Attn Tersher, Amy, Yaozi and tigerbb.. My fren's bro abit skeptical abt the huge order we have fr him.. So he suggested to get 6 pairs first.. As such, based on ur orders i randomly (but got think abit also) select one from each of Urs k? I've alr placed order for these, so now awaiting for shipping out to Rch his place and for them to arrive in Sg in friend's luggage to Sg by end July.. 

Tersher: original Zoe gold 18-24

Tigerbb: Addison stripe EU22

Yaozi: Joel navy red EU 23

Amy: Sydney navy multi 18-24

Hope the above is fine with all of u k.. The other two i bot one for myself and one for a galpal.. Hope you understand that this bro I nv see before and guys being guys probably wondering why I go tru the hassle to get e shoes! But I so heart bargain buys la!!! =) 

As spoken to peck and Jo just nw at united sq, I'm likely to order online again thru other means if this way abit troublesome for the bro.. So will update u all should I do a spree for this again k! Hopefully can get the rest of ur loot! But definitely more pricey cos of the international shipping k? Update again later!

Hope, I understand. No worries! Thanks a lot for ur help! Let me know how much to transfer to u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xx, my way to make my ger accept the milk is to keep trying.

my ger initially reject fbm.. i had to try many times until she accept. the first few feeds she only finish half the milk feed after battles with her. Same for FM.

initial transition feeds i will mix half. like half bm and half fm. after she accept the combination liao, i increased to 3/4 FM then finally full FM. the transition to one full feed of FM a day took more than 3 weeks for my girl.

i think it could have been slightly shorter because there was communication error with my helper. when she saw BM, she happily took all to feed and never add in FM.

she thought my instruction was to only add in FM when there is not enough BM in fridge. *Sighhhhh*

i chose a Philipino maid thinking i could communicate better with her but turns out our communication like always break down.

anyway, i read from somewhere that it is not recommended to mix FM and BM. so its up to you to try my method or not loh.

the 1-3 yrs old milk is enfagrow. Enfa's naming is not very friendly. i always got confused also.

Thanks sparkle, I think i will just keep offering also. Feel like letting him try various brands of fresh milk. Maybe there is one that he likes?? *fat hope* I bot Meiji today. Will let him try tmr. Haha... Fresh milk is yummy!!

Maid

I'm sure at least your maid speaks proper sentences. My maid uses broken English words which irritates me. Sometimes i rather she not speak. She invents phrases like "new wake up" (????), "no throw", "sock... red... itu....????" I ask her "you XXX already?", she replies "ready ma'am." (???????) My hb bans her from using Indonesian. I think her Chinese is now better than her English cos we mostly speak mandarin at home. Now I try to speak more proper English at home, hoping to create a more conducive english learning environment for her. Haiz...

Party

a bit regret doing it at chalet. Now I headache. Gotta bring half of the house over to chalet just for a night's stay. Sobsss....

hope

no worries. real thanks for sharing the lobangsss. yup, let us knw how much to transfer u, k? Hope i dun miss out on the spree. =p

zinc

oh, if it's thick uniform, then better dun use steam iron liaoz. But not sure those >$200 model can work or not. U better check wif the sales person. To confirm effectiveness, bring down one piece of uniform to steam and c? Else regret buying.

xx

oic. or u can start to mix the milk to something that he likes to eat? e.g. papaya? avocado? cereal? slowly add more to introduce the taste. hope he likes it eventually.

XX - I am also on uphill task like you to get my boy to drink his milk. After his episode of viral fever and diarrhea, he is rejecting FM 100%. My PD told me to lay off FM and let him hv BM when he was having loose bowels. I was anxious to keep him hydrated and so let him freely access my breast. Yesterday, I offered him FM for breakfast n he clamped his lips tight. No matter how I coaxed him with his favorite snack..he refused to drink FM. Now I su-sah liao..dunno if I can sneak in some milo powder in his FM to get him drink or not..

I have Meiji fresh milk in the fridge but I thought of putting it as a later retort. My sis asked me to let him take pedisure..I will go to her place tomorrow to let him try it out..

I do not wish to offer EBM..cos I do not wanna enroute back to pumping days..very tiring..and now with active toddler like him..I dun think I have the time to pump.

Talking abt missing HB

I find that I somehow manage my time better when my man is not in town..maybe cos I am the ONLY authority and so the kids MUST listen to me.

xiao xiin,

btw, enfakid is ultimate sweet!

my maid ah, she speaks something like that. we use broken/simple english @ home. better to have proper english spoken as zz will be hearing from her often later on.

sheryl,

oic. but looking @ your pics after poking is eeeuuu.

jiayou~

explorerkids:

brought my boys there. as expected, elson was having so much fun that he don't want to go toilet or eat or go back. elvan only played @ balls pit, he cried when he "sunk in". -_-"

morning ladies... just want to check with those who bring bb to Healthway clinics.. besides using CDA for vaccinations, can we use CDA for bb's consultation?

Yaozi/ tigerbb/ Tersher

No worries la.. I was w frenz yest and one of them got lobang for fren to ship over also.. Still trying to liaise w her.. If got good news, will share k! Really should just move to us manz! Then I'll help u all ship stuff over k!! Haha!

Bluberi

I brought Jojo to see a family physician before, can use CDa if amt above 36 for tthat clinic

Missy

Wheres explore kid?

June bash

Sry ar.. Where r we at nw for this? Shall we fix a date first? Then search for venue? Or venue first then date? I dun mind use my place, but afraid place too small.. Am thinking we fix date can? Looking at sat better? 9th? 16th July? Suggesting these dates cos Bb dervena having hers on 2nd right Joelle?

Hope

Thank for the coordination to help us save $$$ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It will definitely be good if u move to US, but it will be even more fanastic if u got a job that send u to US regularly, FREE SHIPPING, hahaha greedy mummy I am.

hope

if we use yr place for June bash, yr helper will cry & flee, think yr hse will be damn messy after the party for 30 bbs + 30 mamas + 30 papas + maybe 10 helpers.

Amy

I wish ok?? Pray hard that such a job opportunity arise for me hor? Tell me if u got lobang k? I Cfm grab one!! Haha!

That time when u all came, she's fine lei.. She kinda likes crowds too I reckon! She quite excited abt it and keep giving me suggestions.. She also took initiative to properly sanitize e toys and arrange them abit.. I was the nua one ahaha

Bluberi

Am ok w 9th...

Any other suggestions or thoughts??

hope,

explorerkids @ downtown east ehub. my first time there, hahahaha!

bb bday bash:

im ok with either 9th or 16th. should be in the noon right?

xx/yaozi, his is navy.. nt as thick but i think frm the description cannt be steamed properly.. since he's the one doing the ironing i just get him to consider on his own la..

hope, i can bring my ball pit and 300 balls to fill up ur living rm! both days shld b fine for me for nw.. just that some of us hv kindermusik till 945 at elias..

Missy

Nice to play? Izzit like those fidget and bambini?

Yup.. Looking at afternoon to late evening ok for all? Zinc, you bring that here, then we all can stand outside the door nei!

Amy

Haha she's really nt bad la.. Perhaps I low expectations or blind lo

xx, bebe, u all so fast starting to intro fm liao? im still procrastinating..! keep telling myself, after his bday then tink abt it..

hope and amy, both hb and my prev jobs we fly to US quite often.. but tat time still nt married so like nth much to buy lei, except tat i'd buy precious moments figurines on US Ebay.. hb used to go gilroy factory outlets to buy his 1 yr worth of shopping + CNY clothes.. haha.. now with bb, i also dun like to travel for work le.. but even for ppl who travel over, there's the problem of coordinating the delivery time rite? esp if they onli there for 1 wk..

so where did u all go hiao ytd? too bad i gotta work, cant join u all..

hope,

er....i never been to fidget, bambini all these indoor playgrounds before, so dunno how to compare. =p

can only say explorerkids are meant for older kids. babies like ours can only play those ball pit & 1 big area for lazing around nia, like boring leh.

bb bday bash:

like from 2-7pm?

explorerkids CMI la.. i find the place very run down.. those PVC peel off and they use masking tape to patch!!! plus oni one small pathetic pit ball pool for bb.

Amy, I think my maid shd be the envious one! Wahaha... Actually my helper is ok la, just that I like to rant. if she's bad, I wld have sent her back long ago.

Hope, I help u with the organizing after zz's party ok? Even though I'm bored at home now but the time belongs to zz, not me. I'm going to sneak out to do facial after this boys settles down for his nap. My last facial done was when zz is one month old!

Pediped

It's been shipped out! woohoOo!

I'm game to try using vpost/comgateway/borderlinx to buy some of the loot.. Any mummies wanna try tog w me? Btw, I jus checked the list that u all give me hor.. All outta stock for ur sizes lei!

Xx

Sure!! Have fun at facial! Just done mine last wk.. Shiokerz! U do at where? Were u one of those affected my subtle senses? I hVe yet to do anything to redeem e rest of package eh.. Boo.. Missybley, shuld start your facial regime soon! =)

Yupp looking at perhaps 3-7? Jus aft lunch nap n before dinner?

Bambini alert

Any mummies keen to go now?? Hehe

Tigerbb

Wads ur comment again on GuG huh? Jolene n myself checked out e place yest

wah so many posts, i got no time to follow!

SWIM TRAINER on 2 july. what time and where's the venue??? anybody knows/

mass birthday celebrations, i'm also fine with 9 July.

xx, i did a DIY paper mask every week. before that use facial scrub, pore pack and also eye masks. every week i die die must take out 1 hr to do all of these at home.

Hope........can organize 1 for Ralph Lauren USA? the designs are all so so nice. i went to taka the other day, even though on sales, also very very ex leh. eyeing on 1 dress leh. but very heartpain to buy for that kinda price

Swim trainer

Ty has the answer! Hehe

Elise

Gd skincare regime!!! I'm so lazy to even take out the DIY mask to do some times!

Okok! We see if got any takers for polo Ralph?? I dun mind getting some for jojo too! =)

Hope

First 10 mins - babies arrive and play with toys on the mat.

Begin - Toys away, sing hello in 8 diff languages and i am special songs, count no of babies, rhyme of the month (I like this).

Phonics - explore a bag with an animal and 3 diff objects starting with the alphabet of the wk. Go thru the sound of all 26 alphabets and every baby get a big card to go look for the small one lay on the floor.

Music - on random wks go to a music room with a teacher playing keyboard and sing and dance (my gal likes this)

10 mins water break

project time - art and craft stuff like painting, stamping, pasting... (our babies are too young for this, end up done by me most of the time)

story telling

Experiment - walk thru obstacles, see bottle floats on water, etc... On wks without music

End - sing goodbye songs

Hm... Looks interesting hor? But this wk's gonna be my gal's last lesson... Was ok initially but now I always watch the time to see when the lesson's ending... Think 1.5hr is too long. My hb was telling me aft we stop the lessons, dun sign up anymore lessons on sat... Then I tell him we going for staccato trial. Haha!

Hi Mummies!

How' everyone?

Time flies. Our little ones are turning one this Jun/Jul. Busy with birthday parties here and there?

Though not frequently posting here, but I do follow the posts. And of coz the updates of many in FB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jun Bday Bash

Can I join?

Have anyone been to the Grassroots Club?

It's a private function room with children play structure.

I happened to speak with them a while ago and was told that they have a slot on 3-Jul (11am-3pm).

If the date on 3-Jul is good for many of us, this venue may be a good choice for birthday bash since it's a private and personalised space just for group of us.

Tiger, your playing schedule sounds great! but i think out of so many tests, maybe my Britt will flunck 50% of it! keke

thanks Hope! you now school holiday, try to put on more masks. damn shiok, i even fell asleep sometimes when i put on those cooling masks in this hot weather.

Jojo, i know when there's no sales its more ex than normal prices, but then its still cheaper than sg! get some leh. we all share the shipping costs, okie?

Elise,

Yes, I hae been there few times to attend kiddy' birthday parties.

Best of it, I luv the private and personalised function room with indoor children play structure.

I tot if majority is good with 03-Jul (Sun), 11am-3pm, it would be a good choice for bash to happen.

They have different buffet caterers to choose from and the prices are fairly reasonable.

Any appointed organiser for the birthday bash? Started date preference selection?

I saw suggested dates 09-Jul and 16-Jul.

Tiger

Yah!! Interesting Eh!! Y u stop??? I wanna sign Jojo up! Hehez! Staccato is next sat u know hor? Not coming sat

Elise

Polo Ralph got sale nw??

3rd July I can't k.. Do go ahead w/o m.. Can help organize tho =)

hope, we can all sit in the ball pit together!! hahahah

Im thinking of Pat's schoolhouse d'story club for my boy after his kindermusik ends.. any comments on this?

Hope

I told my hb bringing bb for playdates with ur babies is the same as going to GUG minus the phonics part and its free. Haha! Actually for my gal who is already interacting with other children in infant care, GUG doesn't do much more long term since I am not rushing for her to learn phonics now.. Finance wise now also quite xiong as I am paying >1k per month on infant care, Shichida and GUG. And now I am hoping to bring her for music lessons. :p

That said, I am not discouraging u from signing jojo up since he hasn't started attending any school. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back