(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Jenn / hope, $399 for 16gb wifi + 3G. Wanted to get 32gb at 499 but no more white... Must sign data plan of $40 per month for 2 yrs to get fr telco.

bebe i think the scene setter is just a piece of plastic then we add our own bluetac.. im gg to put it in my living rm after that haha.. there's a sample at the kids party store in compasspoint outside KFC.. i think quite worth it.. so big piece $13.50.. then no nd to trouble with too much deco alr haha

Zinc

Carters dun deliver overseas. You'd need to send to a USA address which comgateway, VPost and borderlinx offer. Dun need to use the concierge aka buy for me service. The concierge service is used only when the vendor dun accept overseas credit cards not issued in USA

amo, eh.. but they ask for my details so i key in the US add right? but billing details also US add? cos billing details cant key in SG add leh..

Hi Mummies,

Need any good advice on this. My 11mth old is not sleeping thru the nite (since birth!). He wakes up 3-4 times to suckle and my breastmilk supply is very low already. Want to stop bf but cos he gets up to suckle for comfort, had to keep breastfeeding. Any constructive advice on getting him to sleep thru the nite? There must be some technique even to cold turkey rite?

Tiger Baby

OIC... but 16G is really little lor. Very easily filled up one leh. Maybe cos ours is used mainly for games and video watching by Jeph thus we need a lot of capacity. But ours is not 3G as we don't need that. We hardly surf outside and if need to then will use our phones. Plus my hb bought from the US where the 3G is tied-up with a service provider there.

Zoie

Be prepared to Q if you are buying from a store - that's what I have been told.

Amo/ Hope/ Zinc

Can you explain how to use vPost or this comgateway? Do I need to recreate a new profile? I already have a account with GAP as I have been ordering to send within the US. Can I use the same account and just get them to deliver to the vPost or comgateway address?

Also, is it free to create a vPost or comgateway account??? Charges are based on usage only???

Sorry ah, so many questions.

Jenn

Creating account in Vpost, Comgateway and Borderlinx is free and only pay per use. i.e. when you use their service. This is a separate account you have created for GAP. For sites which do not accept foreign credit cards, you may try to enter the provided address by Vpost, Comgateway or Borderlinx.

Mummies when you order online, do remember to enter the promo code which most of the times are available and you can get additional discount!! Carters/Osh Kosh with the 50% off for selected items, you can get further 25% off on them and all items, just enter the promo code when check out.

Jenn

GAP does ship overseas so do checkout if it is prohibited to deliver to Vpost, Comgateway or Borderlinx. Cos merchant sometimes does prohibit sending orders to 3rd party to protect themselves, e.g. Vpost can't accept Kate Spade orders. The cost for international shipping is very expensive from GAP and it's not worth.

Jenn

GAP has a coupon which offers 25% off the merchandise better than the current promo stated on the webby for $20 off for $80+ purchase. Hmm... I very KPO hor...

Mummies I would like to start reading to the little rascal, hmm... I know I'm late but better than never? Could you share with me what books are popular? Is "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle good? Is "Songbirds Phonics Collection" good - I see alot of people ordering this?

Zoie

U can consider getting a multi sim card for ya iPad. Only $5 addnl each mth. The only thing is you wud hv shorter ringing tone but oki de cos it'll bounce back to ya primary phone if you set it

Amo,

The hungry caterpillar is a v good book which can last v long. Even an older child can read it. Think maybe slightly too young to start songbird phonics.

That said, reading at this stage is to create language awareness so read anything also can. I like to read Julia Donaldson's 'The Gruffalo' to my boy which is meant for older kids but I like the flow of the book n it's language when read aloud. Books with rhyming sentences are good at this stage.

I also recommend ladybird's touch and feel fairytales. It has different textures for the child to touch as u read the book. My boy loves exploring the textures. It's also a good way to expose them to fairytales.

Choose books that has repetition. Eg. The gingerbread man has this phrase which is always repeated throughout the book - ' run, run as fast as u can, u can't catch me, I am the gingerbread man!'

HTHs

dr seus

wads up w this book huh? wad's the catch? so popular but i nv seem to comprehend y

amor

hw can u call ur gentleman, a little rascal? u were referring to mine?? hahAz!

zoie

u teach lower pri ah?

Jenn, I wanted to get 32gb too but too bad no more white. I reckon i dun need as much space as I want white. So... Haha! Actually most of the time I'll also be using wifi at home. 3G is sort of a nice to have...

Amo, get those books with lift a flap? My gal quite likes the sleepy kitten book featured in despicable me.

Hopecg - My #2 likes Dr Seus cos of its rhymes.. but My #1 does not like it..she finds that the "Mr cat" is ugly

U can download free ebook of Dr Seus (First 10 pages) using iphone/ipad..quite interesting..

Books

My boy has not acquired interest in books yet..he prefers the playmat..maybe cos he spends most of time playing on the mat...he can recognise the items on the mat

bebe

tks for the tip! so i'm not e only one who doesn't find dr seus interesting.. haha.. wonderz if my boy thinks otherwise =)

books:

never really intro my boys to reading. but now surprisingly, my #1 is a little keen in reading, keep asking me The Lion King & Little Mermaid story. read until i sian, haha.

yesterday hubby went for #1 parents' meeting session. according to his teacher, he is very sociable in class with his peers but shy to outsiders. like to observe & follow ppl actions. can express himself fully. very cheerful boy, branded "kai xin guo" by his teacher. well-behaved in school, keeps toys after playing, stopped throwing things around liao. english has no problem, mandarin slowly picking up. sometimes speaks mandarin to his chinese teacher.

however need to practice more on the writing. =p

hmm but hor i find that his behaviour is quite different @ home leh. still throws his toys, sometimes throw @ #2 or us.

cheerful boy? he tends to throw tantrums @ home leh. sometimes scream. -.-"

bebe,

thanks for the dr seuss link! im not sure whether want to buy this book, scare waste my $, haha.

hopecg,

is there a playdate @ ur hse on 6/7june?

Bluey

Normally the kids behave differently at school vs at home...normally more guai at school cos they have pple to model after...

Dr Suess books is good...step into reading books are good too. Can get books from bookpeople.uk. The book sets are very cheap vs in SG.

Zoie

I also like the gruffalo book very nice. Next time when our kids are older can bring them to watch the play. My no 1 watched the play and cant get enuff thus got her the book. The hungry caterpillar is staging their show by Act 3 in june. But think our kids is little too young to watch but for the exposure can consider...its a 3D show using black light theatre.

Jojo, their lunar birthday is on 9th June. They will turn 2yo according to Chinese calendar. Mmm... Maybe can cook egg mee sua for them? I think it's the Chinese tradition.

Wow mummies, all talking abt cognitive development already. I think my zz is just fooling ard at home. Never really teach him anything. Reading all your posts make me feel so kiasu, like zz's lagging behind already. I think other than wad we do, how frequent we do it is also very impt right? I probably spend 30mins a day in all doing serious stuff like flashcards n reading books, n fool ard for the rest of the day.

Hope, nope. I teach pri 4 leh...

I don't like dr seuss too.. The rhymes sound weird.

Mezzo, I think I enjoy gruffalo more than my boy. Hahaha

Xiaoxin: half an hr is good enough la.. Our babies are so young!! Attention span is so short!

And ohhhhh I got my ipad2!!! Yippee.. Had a friend who was v nice to queue for me!!

i like the gruffalo book too.. you can also try 'we are going on a bear hunt' there's a youtube vid by the author himself (Michael Rosen i think).. my boy is hooked to that.. it's repetitive and lots of actions..

i also got him those touch and feely books.. and Spot the dog.. I like those with noise.. Hmm.. there' this Ladybird book that's titled 'Noisy Fairy Tales' containing Goldlilock, Gingerbreadman and 3 little pigs.. one of my boy's fav too.. cos of the sound buttons..

xx i dont even have 30mins to do serious stuff with my boy.. haiz.. feel so guilty.. to the point that my hubby has to keep reminding me to spend time with my boy and not just mark/ busy myself w my work.. and by the time i bring him home it's usually 8.. mostly just sing him some songs and read him a book.. and he watch his baby signing times.. that's abt it.. 1 hr alr.. then he nd to bathe and sleep..

xiao xiin,

haha, i dun even do 30mins lor! hahahaha.

mezzo,

oh well.....what is step into reading books?? i blur. hee.

zoie,

wah gd for u! something to look forward to hor?

friday is crap, system is crap, even colleague is also crap. haha.

bluey, me also dun even have 30 mins for my gal to read to her. when i reach home, its hsework hsework or else fooling around with her. no time to read to her at all! actually teacher mummies, can enlighten roughly beginning from which age will be better for reading books to them? will their young minds understand?

side track a bit, who is buying SKINFOOD mushroom BB cream, i rem Jenn & xx. now got offer. go below link to see.

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=401232377

Prada

Any mommies interested to get at about 20% discount from SG prices???

My SIL is going to Rome and then coming back to SG for Summer. She is looking to make a small profit only. If you are interested, watch this space. Once she lets me know the exchange rate she is charging, I will post here. Due to space constraint, she intends to only get 2-3 bags max.

Dr Seus

My Jeph loves "The Cat in the Hat", "The Hat in the Hat comes back" and "Green Eggs and Ham". My Didi loves "Ten Apples up on Top". During Xmas, I will always read "How the Grinch stole Christmas". So far my kids enjoy it.

Jenn

For prada, do you know you can order directly from prada website and they can ship directly to you. the prices are alot alot cheaper and they offer the tax rebate as well. I ordered fm the Italy prada roma website. Just received my bag from them...very satisfied.

zinc/zoie, from yesterday i call the kindermusik @ pasir ris no one pick up ley? btw, u all goin for 9am class ar? so early...keke.. ur hubby goin along?

zoie, can u give me her mobile no.? Been trying to call since yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I'm goin if there's available slot lo.. Btw, the place is at pasir ris where?

zoie, i left a message just now and she called me back aldy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Only one caregiver can go in... so think ask my hubby dun come along. See you tmr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irene your hubby can sit in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but only 1 caregiver can participate..

see u too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I ordered on Amazon a Braun ear thermoscan for US$39 and my cousin is going to bring it back for me end of June. Now I want to sell it - anyone interested to buy it over? I'm not asking for profit, just that my hubby say I waste money since we already have a thermometer at home and I told him I'll try to sell it away.

Yup that's what she told me last wk.. But when we were paying for the class, the guy in charge says my hubby can sit in leh.. Sit at the back to observe.. He shld b gg Tmr too since he's driving us there

Hope, 7th June ok for Charlie! Thks!

I m trying to sell my peg perego infant car seat with seat belt base, in the store room for 3 months le. Anyone knows anyone who may be interested? I used the seat for 5 months only.

Back