(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Dot, i also headache when think abt the packing..

Bliss, how did u manage to bring ur FP rocker and stroller along when u went JB that time? need to seek ur advise leh. heeheeh

**** Xmas Party Attendants as on 30th Nov, 2.00pm ***

1) Jennifer with #1, #2 & maid (Transferred)

2) Rabbit & bb (Transferred, POSB)

3) Agnes & bb

4) Jolene with #1, #2 & hubby or mum

5) Natelie & bb

6) Raleigh & bb (Transferred, DBS)

7) Jolynn Teo with bb & hubby (Transferred, POSB)

8) Zoie & bb

9) Sheryl with #1, #2 & hubby or maid

10) Julie with #1, #2 & hubby

11) Jocelyn with bb & mum

12) Chiou Fong with #1, #2, #3 & hubby

13) Cindy Guo & bb

14) Irene ong & bb

15) Cath Lim with #1, #2 & hubby

16) Lisa Logam Tan with hubby & bb

17) Jeannie Ng & bb

18) Barbara Lok with #1, #2, #3, #4

19) Bliss with #1, #2 & Mom

20) Doo Lee & bb

21) Elise Chow with bb & hubby (Transferred, POSB)

22) Grace Thio with bb & hubby (Transferred, DBS)

23) Amy with bb & hubby

24) Kathleen Lee with #1 & #2

25) Ang hui jia & bb

26) Mei Keen & bb (Transferred)

27) Vanessa Wong with bb & hubby or maid

28) Joelle with bb & hubby

29) Heng Shi Ling with #1, #2 & hubby

30) Kerry Leow with bb & hubby

31) Neo pei pei with #1, #2 & hubby

32) Cynthia Lee with #1, #2 & maid

33) Cheralyn Chew with bb & hubby (TBC)

34) Juliiana Lee with bb & hubby

35) Jenn Tan Weiling with bb & hubby

36) Ju_vin with bb & hubby

Added another 2 more family to the list. Both of them pm me that they want to join.

Currently we reached 36 families liao. FULL!

Please inform, if you are bring spouse, maid or additional kids.

Let me know if i am missing out any information thanks.

Please transfer the $16 (Per Family) to:

OCBC 508-822012-001

The first three numbers (508) is the branch number(fyi).

OCBC's Bank Code is 7339

Dot

How about malacca?

Am driving up with my 2 kids in dec. R&R nothing much basically is just eat and eat and eat. And maybe rickshaw ride for my no 1.

Hi ladies...

just want to check, for those who have signed package with Baby SPa, did ur go for the studio photoshoot for free tabletop photo?

Dot, I forgot to bring my ib pin key today, I will either transfer my share tonight or tomorrow morning ok? I'm No. 27 - Vanessa Wong.

I have the reply from the Sophie agent in SG (no reply yet from manufacturer in France) but I can't copy paste the email here, dunno why it doesn't work.

Basically, they say:

1. the legs must have a serial number

2. the only packaging is box type - next year for 50th anniversary they will have new packaging but did not elaborate what kind of new packaging.

If any of you are interested to want me to forward you the email, pls provide me your email address.

Tywong,

Mine got no serial no leh. So is not real one???

Cherish,

We drove in so just bring cuz I scared bb will miss home cuz my boy very homely one lar..

Also cuz I have a place to stay there so much easier that I dun have to brings lots of stuff..

Bliss, it's hard to say now, based on what the SG agent says then there must be a serial number. They asked me in return to report who is the seller on SMH BP but I don't think I will go that far. I don't have reply yet from France manufacturer. Knowing the french, they will take 1 year to reply maybe.

What's yr email address? I forward the SG reply to you.

tywong, ok

sophie: mine does not have serial number, but I did not buy from BP. My bro got for me from the US.

Mezzo, I find Malacca very hot leh. But still can consider. Thanks!

Raleigh, I'm on leave but wanna feed bb solid first. I can probably reach ard noon. Wanna pm me your hp and i will sms you to confirm that day?

Sophie,

I'm getting very nervous abt this fake Sophie thing. Baby has been biting it everywhere and i just noticed that the "skin" around the squeaker is a bit torn. Have now put it away. Hubby is thinking of getting a new one from Mums & Babes cos bb loves it so much. But waste $ leh...

Dot, I will transfer the $ to you tonight.

Bliss & Zoie, sent.

Tersher, hope I didn't get you too anxious, sorry if it caused you heavy worry. I was really worried after I spoke to the seller at the expo fair, thus I decided to pursue this issue with the manufacturer and SG agent.

Tywong,

I've checked. Confirm dun have serial no. But I look at the box is same as selling from expo..

My mum say shouldn't be fake since I bought from PD.

Tywong,

I'm not so worried cause I bought from PD clinic which they got it from local distributor but if there is really fake Sophie I'm gonna tell my friends! Imagine if the paint drop off from the fake Sophie! Worse if is from China!

Ya Bliss, if yours came in the box packaging, it's more likely ok, compared to ours which wasn't a box, but a balloon pack. Let you see my Sophie on 11dec, you can feel the difference in the texture and material.

mini meet up on 11am, 6 dec, United Square

- I am keen!! But may have to tag my #1 and #2 along.

Bliss

Thanks for the offer on the nuk pacifier..I will prob go and get the teething gel Dentinox and apply first. Just today I increase the cereal from 2oz to 4oz, my boy finished all and I was abled to delay my next nursing from 2hrs to 2.5hrs.

Hopecg, the Tupperware seller finally replied me - she has 2 pieces of ice trays left, $19.90 for 2. Do you still want to share the set with me?

ty can share more on how to chk sophie after the compare session? mine was a gift fr my cousin from US.. guess she bought it there.. the box looks like the one at the expo fair, got french wordings de.. just to be sure, i wana chk my sophie too..

tywong, the one we bought from BP is the blister packaging one, which i think is an alternate packaging rather than a "fake" packaging?

http://www.1two.co.uk/p/product/0803069956-Sophie+the+Giraffe+-+blister+packaging/

earlier joelle did send us an email informing tat those we got were made in france as opposed to these selling in the local shops made in USA. so tat may explain packaging differences and probably texture differences as they are supposed to be handmade?

then again, thanks for sharing ur concern!

xiao xiin, I sent you the email already.

Jojo, if yours is a box, then should be ok I guess. If you at xmas party, I show you mine.

What's yr email address?

Tigerbaby, thanks for finding the webpage. I've sent you the reply from the SG authorised agent.

My colleague is french and bought his sophie in Paris, and his sophie also came in a box (like the USA box) and his Sophie is a very different colour from ours (his is almost orange, mine is almost dark brown). His Sophie never faded from washing or biting (his daughter used since January 2010), but mine has faded after awhile.

All the sophies I have seen sold in SG shops are almost orange colour, I have yet to come across one piece that is close to dark brown.

Anyway, not defending my "investigation" but we can have fun comparing at the xmas party.

\red {Dot}

I've transferred $16 to you moment ago via POSB with reference no. 5324086353

I'm totally busy at work and home, unable to screen thru the archive from 7th November, is the Xmas party on 11th December or 25th December?

Hi all mummies, I have been silently reading this forum although I did post some messages b4 my due date in June as I have been v busy and tired to post.

Sophie

My Sophie was bought from Switherland and made in France and there was not a serial no one the legs. The paint did come off after some time esp my boy likes to chew, squeeze and hit around with it. It was from a box and come with information specs as well. I read that the paint is made from edible food paint. It has a rubbery latex smell too.

How much did u ladies pay from BP? My hubby paid ard SGD 25...

The xmas party is on 11th December... My eyes failed to read the complete sentence on top of the attendance list which reads....

**** Xmas Party Attendants as on 30th Nov, 2.00pm ***

Signs of 老花眼!!!

Tywong: Sophies sold locally also hv dark brown spots. The one I bought from expo on sunday is dark brown. On the racks were Sophies in orange n dark brown spots. I asked if there was any diff, they said no cos the paint is hand-sprayed so there r some differences

tywong.. my sophie is dark orange spots too. bought fromp the bp seller.. comes in box and w serial no.. sigh so confusing... hope all of us got authentic ones.. anyway my spots did fade too.. i think its natural to fade if the baby keeps chewing but if the ears /legs come off then got problem leh.. dangerous...

I can help to ask my hubby's cousin who was one of e girl selling Sophie at Pusik Studio at e Expo Fair. Coz I oso gt from there bt mine oso dun haf serial number de. Caught my boy choking on e legs n i decided nt to let him chew it. So sad to hear tat even kids stuff oso gt imitation.

Hi mummies

those who went Parenthood fair last weekend.. i'm curious to know if anyone of you got the Delphin pot which the sales lady was bugging me to collect it FOC!! i was quite sceptical abt it as i know Delphin ppl v pushy.. sure ask you to buy their products so i ignored her.

so did they really give out the pot w/o any string attached?

Porridge

I think pls start with cereal first.. esp bland ones better.

if you give porridge, will hv flavour and taste..once BB start eating porridge, they may not wanna eat cereal.. then 8 mth onwards then give porridge as lunch to replace 1 milk feed

and next time if you wanna feed solids when you are out or overseas.. maybe a headache if BB won't eat instant cereal and only want porridge

my gf having this problem lor.. her boy rejected cereal.. only want porridge

Zinc

U asked abt Xmas wreaths? I have one at my door now, bot frm taka.. These days think most shopping malls shuld have cos of season.. I feel taka ones are nice.. Tangs nt really.. Wanted to buy some reighdeer items too.. Gian!

Raleigh/Genice/tersher

My Bb most likely coming along too to united sq

Zoie

How's the book about feeding child right? Saw it at mph, feel like buying but see recipes which turn me off abit cos I dun cook..

Tywong

Yup! We can share.. Hw to go abt doing it? Can pass u money at Xmas party

Glitz

The Delphine ppl came before, really give free pot.. Without purchase.. Think their profit margin v high

Finally can login!!

Delphine

The lady gave without purchase too. I agree their profits very high. Cos she offered a free set of pots other den the free 1 I've got & kids colouring set worth $188 I think. But nv get, machine too ex le.

Rabbit

I've tsf to dot ytd le but unable to post ref no. Ytd smh n my ib in total chaos, can't login properly..

I also had problems accessing SMH.

Bebe

If you are bringing your 2 kiddos to United Sq next Mon, and if they are fans of Barney, it's the last day of the show. If you girls buy so many packs of the biscuits, can use it for the Meet the Barney. Min mat is $30 so you girls can even split the bill to get a few passes!

United Sq meet up

Can't meet for lunch but are you girls coming over once you are done with the shopping? We can chill at my place.

Jenn

My gals has outgrown the barney stage liao..ha ha..now they are pestering me to bring them to catch the movie "Entangled (Repunzel)" and "Megamind"..

Between Sophie giraffe and the vanilla teether, which is a better investment? Thinking of getting either 1 for my baby. Thks.

Bebe

Yah. My boy also outgrown liao but I still see some big kids there so thought maybe your kids may still like them.

Friends

Buy the vanilla one. I find it easier for baby to hold and it smells great!

Zinc

Yup! I got e brochures for e sales too.. Wanna go dwn to check out e reindeers again! And also to perhaps get hb new wallet for Xmas presents.. Wad r u ladies getting for hb??

Jenn

Can I park car at ur hse then? Can chill long that day cos nothing on..

Friends,

It depends on ur bb. My bb don't really like sophie. He prefer small teether so I bought vanilla teether but yet let him try.

And I remember u customise ur baby cot mattress from

Seahorse right? How is it? Feels soft but firm? Ur bb like it?

I'm thinking of changing... My bb can sleep very well on my bed but not on his. My hb say cause his bed is too firm. Mine is very soft. I didn't want to let him nap on my bed anymore cause he can crawl backwards and move ard my king size bed already.

Back