(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi mummies,

Mush: pumpkin and sweet potato is good. Give water after solid. And occasionally give water in a day. I realized my boy will not poo for 1-2 days if I dun give enough water. But because u are stii bf-ing, maybe u will want to start with about 80ml a day, for example. My boy drinks quite a bit, I didn't track how much he is drinking.

Lucas is drinking 220ml 3 times a day. And it seemed like he still wants more. But I'm not in a rush to increase his intake. I'm worried his tummy too bloated. My mum says some babies at this stage will crave for milk, only at times, we will give him additional feed in the night if he fusses or can't get to sleep and/ or in between feed and solid.

I started with his breakfast. Then lunch and dinner. He is taking 3 solid meals since 8mths.

Luckyone, i was quite surprise to see these two item on the list as well. same goes to bananas, i always tok that it helps with constipation.

today Sophie lunch is chicken with sweet potato and green beans. tea is apple. hope that she will get over this bout of constipation soon.

Lucasmummy, Sophie is drinking quite a fair bit of water, abt 100ml per day. dont think i should increase it.

can share Lucas feeding timing? how much Lucas eat at every meal?

mush, add some water in the apple to make like apple juice.

I always add water to my boy's fruits beacuse he doesn't like to drink water hehe

HI Jojo,

i added a little water to the medicine in a bowl and i fed using spoon. as if feeding water. Mine drinks it that way. he thinks he's drinking water, happily drinking.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I dun recommend adding to milk cos if bb hates the med, he wun drink milk next time cos he will associated that to milk. but u can only add to a little bit of milk to ensure that medicated milk is finished.

Kissing:

I kiss jovan on the cheeks and lips. But he prefers kissing younger girls like my nieces. He does not turn away when the young girls kiss him but he turns away when the older women kiss him.. He is choosy....

Mush: his daily routine is like

8:30am milk

9:30am breakfast - about half a bowl of cereal, Yu Yan Sang brown rice or healthy times. Most of the time I mix with fruits.

12:30pm lunch - about half to 3/4 bowl of porridge or blw if I'm not working.

3:30pm milk

4:30pm snack if he's not napping yet.

6:30pm porridge - about 3/4 bowl

9:30pm milk

The timing depends on what time he wakes up. Sometimes he wakes up at 7, I tend to give him additional milk feed. Not sure how much I feed for solid. I'm using the pigeon stage 2 feeding bowl at home.

I give water after feed and try to give 2 serving of fruits each day.

Hi luckyone,

Thanks for the info.. alwasy have the impression that tomato has a sourish tinge to it.. so remove seeds and skin and cook w porridge.. no problem hor.

i thot ur paprika is those paprika powder so is it red peppers? But must remove seeds?

*SURVEY OF THE DAY***

To mommies who has a baby boy:

1) Have you kissed your baby boy on the lips?

Yes

2) If yes, how does your hubby find it?

i never purposely kiss the lips in front of my hb leh.. but i think he should be fine cause he kiss my ger on the lips too!! :p if now dun kiss on lips... soon i will not liao.. haha

helo mummies!

Hope everyone is doing well here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just dropping by to say hi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

genice, I cook tomato with other veg/ fish/ chicken meat then mixed with porridge. Never try with throw in the poriidge cook together leh.

Yes, Paprika is another name of red pepper/Capsicum.

Yes, try to remove skin and seed below 1 year old (^^)

Lucasmummy:

after seeing lucas' meal plans, suddenly i realise why Chloe has such chunky legs, and still growing...

7am: milk 150ml

10am: milk 130ml

12pm: porridge/cereal 3/4 pigeon stage1 bowl

2pm: milk 130ml

4pm: porridge/cereal 3/4 pigeon stage1 bowl

6pm: milk 150ml

9pm: milk 150ml

12mn: milk 150ml

4am: milk 150ml (occassionally)

and snacks at random times of the day... mostly bb biscuits.

she has super craving for milk. No way to stop her from drinking milk. She will prob scream till my ears drop....

Luckyone: I think the bananas that cause constipation is the Big Long ones... like del monte. The local small short ones are ok i think.

Genice: I got bb gal.. I luv kissing her, normally on cheek, forehead, hand, feet. Sometime on lips. But my hb always scold me for kissing her. He said this is how kids kena hfmd..

I tried feed her biscuit follow by spoon feed medicine, but the moment the spoon is near her (dunno is it the taste/smell/color) she will push away the spoon. When she's younger, I said sweet sweet, she let me feed with syring. Now, even I said sweet sweet also no use.. So bo bian, when she cry, mouth open, I jus shoot the medicine in.. But sometime the med jus dun follow down her throat and will flow out.

Chloemum: Chloe can really eat wo. My Chloe ar.. Skinny like monkey, behave like one too 

Her feeding goes like this:

7-8am: 110 fm

9am: 200ml of oat

12pm: 300ml of porridge with 2 veg

2pm: 100ml of fruits

4pm: 160 ebm

7pm: 160 ebm or 5 table spoon of cereal with 100ml milk

11pm: 100-130ml fm (dream feed)

4am: 120ml fm

On weekends I'll feed porridge or brown rice powder with fish + 2 veg. But my hb complaint I'm giving my girl too my dish, should only give fish alone..

How do you feed dragonftuits?? With the black seeds also??

Mommies: can our baby eat Pandan cake, bao with milk?? Or red/green bean soup??

My girl next week upgrade to mobile infant class.. The school will feed them those food for tea..

But I got some hesitant for those food?? Tot below 1yo should not eat food with added sugar/salt or coloring or preservative??

Pls share your views..

Kissing on lips:

I also kiss Cole everywhere including lips! Hb always say can't tahan mother & son but he also kisses Cole on his lips! Last time Cole didn't like it but we told him to get used to it. Even my girl also kisses her bro on his lips! We also kiss our girl on her lips too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] next time when they grow up can't do that already! Then gotta wait till grandchildren comes along.... What a long wait! But now Cole reciprocates it, he will pull my face towards him and kiss me back with lots n lots of saliva! Then out of a sudden will try to bite my lips! Hahaha so aggressive!!!!

Jo,

Hmm.... If it's me, I won't feel comfortable with them feeding my child with such food. I'm still giving him no sugar no salt diet. Maybe you supply them with baby biscuits or fruits to substitute for their tea?

Hi mummies,

Having the following items to let go:

2 tins (400g) mamil gold stage 2

Expiry: 17 / 08 / 2012

*Willing to exchange for Similac stage 2

1 tin of Nestle Cerelac Rice (Blue color)

Expiry: 27 / 09 / 2011 - Willing to accept token like baby wipes in exchange or $3

Kindly email me at [email protected]

Jo your girl IFC got diff stage one? So good.

Mine boy one only 1 class below 18 months.

um..I personally feel pandan cake(cont sugar), bao (what kind of bao? da sa? also cont sugar)give after 18 months. That why even next month my boy can start to eat food fr IFC, I will not let him eat.

Mummies without maid/ helper at home.

Any one planning for no.2?

Do you have any intention to get a maid?

Was thinking how to do house work if I'm pregnant again? I think during the Morning Sick periods, I can't even do light house work and cook for my boy...

Hi

Jasmini, good idea, never thot that he wont get rash if i kiss him on the lips. haha =)

babygi, avacodo can prevent constipation? my baby has a bit of that occassionally, i try to let him drink more water.

luckyone: i was thinking of the same too. Now hes being active how wd i be running ard/after him when tummy?

I was thinking maybe plan at the end of the year.By then Anish shd be quite independent and caring part would be easier.wats your take in ts?

also im hoping for a dargon baby...hehehe!!! but in chinese astro can tiger and dragon sibling get along ah?

Anne Raj, I want a dragon baby too!

haha you believe that ah tiger and dragon. I have a relative with dargon and tiger sons, they can get along very well..

um...I can start to see my boy's character now.

I think he's a super active boy. So even he turn 2, 3 years old, still needs a lot of attention one. So I'm quite worried..Haiz If I plan for no 2, guess must hire a maid at least till no. 2 turn 1 year old.

So my intention is get a maid for 2 years only.

jasmini, your hubby very pro-gahmen ah. So funny.

Regarding kissing: I kiss my girl on the lips and sometimes she'll stick out her tongue and want to french kiss me. Sometimes when she has good mood, you just have to 'tu' your lips and say kiss, she will lean her head forward, though not necessary her lips will touch mine, it's the action, which I think she learn from hubby and I.

And, the very funny thing is whenever my mother sings 'wa men ting, wa men ting' you know the 'Ai' Song, Thea will lean forward and press her cheek against my mother's lips.

My mother will be very happy and say, 'you kiss popo ah!' but we will say she's trying to ask you to shut up.

And, when her mood is good, she'll high five us also. Quite cute la this age. Very fun to play with, and also super got mood. Hate to wash hair and change diaper, will scream very loudly man. Anybody in this situation?

edie, mine also the same situation apart from washing hair (since he is still quite bald :p)....but change diaper, eating, sitting down at a place for too long, he will scream...and scream very loud...mush & bb sophie can testify....

i am at a loss...sometimes will also lose my patience and almost wanted to slap him...how?? anyone can advise what to do???

Luckyone:My boy is also so active. have started climbing here and there. Dont know how im going to manage him when he starts walking and running...Faintzzz....

I am planning to send my 1st to childcare in Jan 2012,when he is aobve 18mths, have 2nd at year end and then consider send to IFC or my mum if possible care for 2nd and later send both to child care. this is a plan but have maid as an option. Compare prices too and other peaks too.

Now im not sure, if its a good idea for no 2

Luckyone: Think I will not get a maid with #2 lar. Can't get used to the idea of having another person staying in my house. If possible, will stick to using the cheap part time maid. #1 send to childcare/bbsitter, #2 send to infant care/bbsitter.

Edie: Thea so cute. Learn how to kiss and hi 5 already. Silly chloe just blur blur let us kiss her all over. She super don't like it when we try to clean her face/mouth after her milk/meals. Change clothes and diaper also nightmare.

Wash hair and bathing is ok. She totally loves it. These days, we can fill her tub 3/4 full, but when she is done, there's less than 1/2 tub of water left. Super splasher and kicker. And she will refuse to come out of the tub, will hold on to the sides very very tight, need to ply open her fingers to carry her out.

My hb and his parents still "kisses" on the cheeks when they say bye bye. Yes.. so old liao and they still do it! So now, hb also kisses Chloe on her cheeks when he comes home from work and leaves for work. Same as me. I used to get kisses too, but seems like he forgot abt me already. =(

wahahahahahahahahaha

edie, blurangel: my boy cant sit in one place for too long nowadays. He will start screaming and talking in his own language asking us to carry him and walk ard. poor boy....so active and inquistive. wants to grab and hold everytg tt is near him.

edie, blurangel, my boy sometime will also scream when I wash his hair and change diaper.

When he scream, I will tell him must wash your hair and change diaper if not you smelly lah, keep repeating, he seem understand hehe..we have to be very patience and keep saying the same thing to make them understand bah.

Yeap agreed, sometimes I also will lose my temper at my boy. But think back, he still so small and don't understand what is right or wrong, scold him also no use. So I just follow he scream and "ee ah, ee ah" loh.

ChloeMum, I also not use to stranger to stay at my home. But how are you going to manage the other house work like wash your clothes (some can't machine wash), hubby shirt need to scrap and soak, wash dishes, cooking, wash milk bottles etc. If + another baby, all these going to x 2...

Luckyone: There's nothing in my wardrobe that needs to be hand washed. More like, I don't care. Everything goes into washing machine and dryer. Hubby shirt, i buy the spray detergent from diaso for collars and cuff, just spray and throw in with normal laundry. works like a magic.

No cooking. Dinner delivery. Minimal dishes to wash, hb's duty. i put the rice into rice cooker in the morning before i go work, set on timer to cook around 7pm. Weekend either dabao or eat out. Occasionally cook is ok.

I don't order dinner delivery on Fridays, so on Thurs night I will buy/prepare soup ingredients, Friday morning before I go to work, throw everything into slow cooker. When I come back, keep 2 portions for bb's use over weekend, the rest is our dinner. will top up with grilled fish or fried veg or steam egg.

weekend morning: wake up 7am, feed baby, cook porridge, etc.

Milk bottles washing: hb and me take turns to wash. we shd have enuff bottles for 2 bbs. #2 can use the small bottles (i have like 7 of them), #1 can use the big bottles (i have about 5 of them).

my mother comes over on most weekday evening to help out with stuff and play with bb. weekends if i got special stuff to attend to, she will also come over to help.

in laws also come over to visit on weekends.

so weekends are usu ok lar.

Cholemum: wow tt sounds very relaxed. hope i can manage it like tt. Who cares for your baby? babysitter?

mummies,

i've rec'd a coupon (softcopy) for free trial yogo lesson(3 lessons) at shenton area.

pls Pm me if you want.

I've been there once for trial hot yogo once and it felt great. but no motivation to sign up. If got khaki, I will also go for this FOC 3 lesson trial.

Hi mummies,

Likes to check any mummies here installed camera/cctv at home? I'm considering the singtel mobile livecam where u can watch them from ur phone. Anyone here engaged this service and willing to share how does it works?

TIA.

Hi mummies,

Jo: Panda cake and bao... I won't introduce at this age as well. May be u can bring them some instant baby oats?

Edie: My boy learns about the hokkien song from Ai. Everytime he hears it, he will turn or crawl towards the TV.

The Power of "Love".

I wash the water down from his head with a small pail.. hmm.. he didnt scream but he will try to stand and escape from it. Haa... Evil me.

His changing area is on this bed where we normally put our clean and waiting to be folded clothes. When I change his diaper, I need to give him something to hold, anything, diaper cream, diaper, clothes hanger.. sometimes my bra... just to keep him down for awhile. Has to be really quick. I am using pull up pants when we go out now. Cos, he simply doesn't want to ly still, no matter what we gave him. One day, he just slam himself into his pool of shit in the diaper. It's really messy. All eyes were on us...

Chloemum: That spray sounds magically good. Will go and look for it. :D

Now that Lucas crawls to every corner of the house, we do not have a choice to keep the house as spick and span as possible. He loves to go to the door and stand at the grill. That's where we always stepped in with our shoes.

One morning, I left him on his playmat while I just go into the room to quickly do something. He's gone when I came out. I went to his usual spot to look for him but he wasnt there too. Then I found him in our common toilet, playing with the stool. Luckily, my toilet bowl is covered. Funny but also scary.

Oh.. and he is already climbing up onto our coffee table... -.-"

Lucasmummy: For $2. I would say that the spray is fantastic. i used to get the more expensive ones from other supermarkets, but not much diff in quality. so i stick with cheap one.

Anne: it's as relax as you want it to be. i can get real stressed up sometimes, but on most times, i try to tell myself to relax, take a step back and don't think so much. a little dirt, dust, mess is ok.

i learn to relax more as the days go by. helps reduce my blood pressure too, control my fiery temper.

yes. my bbsitter looks after my bb on weekdays when i am at work. i bring her home every evening. weekends i look after her myself.

i guess the trick is to not be too particular with things. i wash bb clothes together with our clothes, floor i also only vacuum and mop once a week sometimes every 2 weeks. i think it helps when my hb doesn't have very high standard on cleanliness as well. even though my inlaws shake head when they come over on weekends, i also just ignore lar.

LucasMummy,

Dragonfruit, i feed my girl since 2weeks ago. the seeds ok to give. is so many and also very small , very hard to remove. Anyway, the seeds are good too. Only give 1/4 of fruit (not so much)

Shower: i use the shower head to wash her body and hair. like how adult shower, but is seated in bathtube.

since young already train her . So now wash her hair just ask to stay still and close eyes and hold breath. (Similar concept to put the head in water when swimming)

Luckyone: ya.. The IFC has two stages for bb below 18mths. 1st class: bb from 2mths to 1yr ( depending on bb progress). If ur bb by 9mths knows how to crawl, stand: will upgrade to the 2nd class)

2nd class : bb from 9mo to 18mo.

They have two stages so that those bb that crawl and walk, will not disturb those bb who have not reach those stages.

Today talk to the school.. Realized that the oats they feed bb for breakfast are mixed with condensed milk.. Omg.. Anyway I alr told them not to feed any other good except bb food.. If they wanna feed food for tea break, will supply my own.

My girl loves bathing, washing hair.. When changing diapers in good mood will lie still for me to change.. If not, she will be crawling on the mattress. Only when the changing or sitting in the chair for too long, she will complaints.

Mommies, any idea does mcys give any guideline to infant centre on the food that can be feed to bb below 1yo??

Seems like all mummies facing the problem of babies crying and screaming when they change diapers, i thot my baby is the only one. Really a big headache to change his clothes, don't know what to do. Keep screaming, crying and flipping here and there. Initially, i thot it's because he has a bad temper. Now, after reading seems like it's a phase. *phew*

Hopefully, they quickly outgrow it. Any mummies got any tips to keep them quiet for a few mins during diaper changing.

Luckyone, i tried talking to him. cannot work.

impulse41, I have another way, make sound of animals! Sheep, Cow, Dog, Cat what ever you can make. I tried to make diff sound until I finished his change haha..

Yeap have to tried many many times. They are still baby don't understand what we are talking..

ChloeMum, wa! you very relax leh. I have to learn from you liao. Throw everytime into washing machine and get my hubby to wash the milk bottle hehe

Chloemum: My hubby is quite particular with cleanliness, like dust and hair on the floor. He always said our house owns a dog. Feel like boxing him all the time. Whereas, I am more particular with neatness. I hate to see messy dining table and kitchen the moment i step into the house. But the house is like forever messy, especially now with the baby... urghhh

Impulse: try toys or whatever new thing for Castiel to play. i just grab whatever i can lay my hands on. her clothes, another diaper, ruyi oil can, hankie, anything.

if still doesn't work, den learn to dress bb up in the position that he is in. i can put on diaper and wear her clothes with her on tummy position now. sitting position also can. hahahaha...

tks mummies for the great suggestion...haha, make animal sound, luckyone sound great, maybe will try that with him.

ChloeMum, u powerful mummy, sitting position also can put on diaper? how?

make me kind of miss the days where he still dunno how to flip. Guai guai lay there and let me change. Aiyo, now flip here, flip there if i turn him back, started arching his back and crying.

impulse: ehhh... let bb sit on the diaper, and just velcro? it's easier than lying on tummy leh. ok, but i not sure if it will work for boys! hahahahaha...

Seem like quite a no. of babies here like that 我问天 song from Love. Everytime the tv have this song played or when commercial break, my girl focus will be on the tv. Haa.

Chloemum: you really very Gd wo.. Can even wear clothes on tummy. I tried wearing diaper while she on tummy, sitting ot standing.. But the diaper will be very loose, then I still gotta make her lay down for me to re-velco again.

My girl having very bad nappy rash. 2 days le.. Apply desitin but not any better.. Every time clean her bum or apply cream she will cry and shiver. To make thing worse.. She poo like 5x in the day.. IFC suspects either teething or milk powder.

Any babies teething have similar issue??

Poor girl recovering from 1 wk runny nose and cough.. Now came nappy rash.. What a new year gift.. Hopefully she recover before cny.

Back