(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi Agginess,

I am a sahm and am just as possessive over my bb. But when she becomes too overly attached to me, i feel stifled and want some ME time...haha...talk abt being conflicted!

The babysitter at my place here (punggol) does one day babysitting. I tink she charges 30 bucks for daytime. If u r ok w location just PM me for her contacts.

Even tho babysitter can take care of bb for one day, i also bu she de to let my bb stay there! Tink i am the one suffering from separation anxiety lah...

Hellooo Mummies!

Guess what I'm sick again~~~3 days fever @ 39++...

Today finally go back to normal below 37.

I see 3, 4 or 5 times doctor (3 diff doctors) sick until I can't remember haha..

Jo, old folk are the same lah all want baby to be chubby one. I personally also like chubby baby but also must see how’s

your baby appetite mah. If force them to eat a lot, end up, they either vomit out, or refuse to eat next time, worse right?

AR, you can buy Japanese pumpkin (from Hokkaido) from Takashimaya cold storage, Paragon super market, Central Square NTUC, they sell in small pcs $2++, $3++ depend on the size. You can choose a bigger one and ask the staff there whether they can cut into half and sell you. That what I did always hehe.

To stroge pumpkin, you can cut into small pcs, wrap it with paper towel, put it Ziploc bag, can keep about 5 days. To keep longer than a week, storage it in the freezer.

LucasMummy, my idea comes from colours! Try to mix diff colour veg/ food per meal.

Maggie mee, yeah hor, recently only my hubby fetch my boy.

I will go home straight away to do some house work. My boy at home bari diff to do house work.

JSP, sorry can't meet you this week because I'm sick. Meet you next week? Will SMS you again the day and time.

Morning mummies!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Luckyone.. sorry my helper not doing pasir ris cuz she has no available slot liao.... nowadays i hardly do housework cuz all my time spent with my boi.. or when he sleeps i will surf net n hv some "ME" time... juz try to leave to my helper who comes once a wk to clean...

I think you should do tat... at least will not be tired out fr hsewk..

hihis mamas..

realised that i really missed being able to rant in this thread!

:p

bbao: from what i gathered, u're preggers wif #2? congrats! do take ur multi-vits and calcium pills.. cos our body is still busy replenishing what we've lost since our delivery.. (at least from my experience as i went for health checkup last Aug)

about bb care:

i read that ST article about low birth rates in sgp for last yr, there was a 1 liner comment at the end of that article saying sth about "if men become co-parents instead of helpers to the mummies, then that might just change women's minds about having more kids:

i totally agree!

being a working mum who earns ~ same income as hubby, i totally see myself as an equal contributor in the family and get very unhappy n jealous when i see that he has a chance to worry about his work, surf the net, do other stuff.. and not worry about the baby just as much as i do..

sommore i get told to stop bfing, worry less, bb dun need to eat lunch/dinner - drink milk also can, why need to prepare so much when go out, what happened to bb that she now cannot sleep thru the nite etc etc just to simplify my life so that i also can find my time to do what he does..

*grumbles*

Hello morning mummies--

howdi!! Mrs N!!-- THank you for the receipe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will try.

Luckyone!!-- Thank you also. I saw the pumpkin at NTUC finest b4. The Jap pumpkin. I know what it is. It was too big ($2) so i didnt buy. This time I will ask them to cut for me. :p

Agnes-- Try HomeTeamNS JOM at Balestier. Their Ballroom 2 can easily cater to 150 to 200pax.

OR try SIA Group SPorts Club (its at Simei). Can cater for your preferred number of pax also.

Both not that expensive. SIA club need member to book. Then Hometeam cheaper if member books.

Jo, when my boy having running nose, I feed him "ANTAMIN" he gets better 1 or 2 times feed.

It's prescribed by Pasir Ris Baby & Child Clinic Tel:65810032. This PD not bad, so far really no complain on his medication.

AR, yeah let them know you use to cook baby food so thay why you don't need a big one haha..

Pumpkin is rice in vitamin and very good for eyes. Possible let you boy eat lah

Thanks babygi and lucasmummy... will go check it out... got any thing for our 8mths old to play?

last week i went fidgets... not bad but only got 1 small area for him to play cuz mostly for baby who koe how to walk ald...

My hb working with mygym.. He said the trainers there quite pro wo..

I can only have "me" time on weekday when I take leave from work.. But my "me" will end at 6pm, to fetch my girl. Hee.. And when I'm having my "me" time..i won't let my hb know.. Cos if he knows that I'm on leave.. He will drag me to do supermarketing! Heez..

Agnes, last few weeks before I started work, I was super sticky to my girl. Means I did everything for her, Morning till night and will bring her everywhere we go. I made sure the moment she opened her eyes she saw me and I was the last one she saw before she went to bed. She already recognize me so just need to establish our relationship so she became quite sticky to me too.

After I started working, I still do the night parenting, and instead of propping a bottle to feed her I'll still carry her in my arms to feed her, I think she can feel me and in the morning I'll bath her and eat breakfast with her and when I'm changing and putting on make up, she will be around me playing. When I leave for work she'll refuse to let me go, but she won't cry or throw tantrums. This morning, I carried her to the car park, she was so happy and was swinging her legs and making oohs and aahs sound, then when we reach the car, I pass her back to my helper, i could see she was really disappointed. Shit man, I felt so cruel to her. Think I won't bring her to the car park tomorrow already. Just say goodbye to her at home.

But I believe we don't have to spend a lot of time with the child, but spend quality time, so should be okay.

edie, agnes: ya... I agreed on quality time. I am glad I have it with him every morning and night if he is still not asleep. I'll try to spend every off day with him.

Past 2 off days were fruitful. Was alone with him on my first off day. He's extremely easy. He plays with his toys on his mat while I was busy in the kitchen. I clean the house while I let him watch a video. Then, we took naps together. Thereafter, off to airport to pick up daddy and have dinner and met bb-bao and bb Morgan. Both babies interacted for awhile.

Yesterday, we went to Fidgets. He's ok there... as usual.. he needs a little while to warm up but not much fusses. After play, he had his milk and went to lala land...

I was so tired by night that I slept with him from 10pm all the way to this morning 8am!!! OMG! How happy I am now....

I tried to do BLW with him when I am off as well. I even made my hubby switched off the TV and sit with us at the dining when he "accidentally" forgot about it. Haaa.... How control freak I am.

Now, I am looking forward to my next off day!

How's the new environment? Any sales yet? Hard work will pay off. Probably you can go home by 2pm in future and have more time with Thea.

Jo: Ya... the trainers looked pro to me as well. I will probably bring Lucas there for trial after CNY. Each session can have maximum up to 12 babies.

maggie mee, just now I brought lunch box to IFC, I saw the teacher there was rocking my boy quite hardly in rocking chair! I thought not suppose to rock/shake baby below 1 year old? I heard from TV news and gynea also told me before that

will cause blind or damage the brain something like that...

That why when my in law want my boy to sleep in "yao lan" I insist NO.

I will call the principle later to tell her stop rocking my boy that way....Can't talk to the teacher there esp the thin "Rose"

Porridge with Pumpkin

Salmon with Red Paprika

Papaya

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5039365.jpg]

Nutrition:

Pumpkin - Pumpkin has good amounts of beta-carotene which body converts to vitamin A. 1,160ug of beta-carotene are present in 100 gm of pumpkin. This vegetable plays an important role in a vegetarian diet where animal products are not available to provide vitamin A. Beta carotene is an antioxidant to help prevent free radical damage that might lead to certain types of cancer. Pumpkin contains significant amount of vitamin E. Pumpkin contains low levels of sodium and good amount of potassium makes suitable for hypertensive patients. They are also advisable for diabetes, cardiovascular and also as a weaning food.

Salmon - Salmon is a highly nutritious food. It is high in protein, and the “good fats." But did you know that a 4 oz serving of wild salmon provides a full day’s requirement of vitamin D? It is one of the few foods that can make that claim. That same piece of fish contains over half of the necessary B12, niacin, and selenium, and is an excellent source of B6 and magnesium.

Paprika - Paprika is unusually high in vitamin C.

The capsicum peppers used for paprika contain six to nine times as much vitamin C as tomatoes by weight. As an antibacterial agent and stimulant, paprika can help normalize blood pressure, improve circulation, and increase the production of saliva and stomach acids to aid digestion.

Papaya - Papaya is good for balanced nutrition. It has no cholesterol nor saturated fat and contains carbohydrates, Vitamin A, lots of C, Calcium, Iron and fiber that is good for the digestive system and the heart. Papaya also contains other vitamins and minerals like: Niacin, Foliate, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, lipids and amino acids.

Spaghetti with Chicken Breast Meast, Tomato, Carrot, White Onion, Broccoli

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5039600.jpg]

Nutrition:

Tomato - •Excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K

•Very good source of molybdenum, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, chromium, and vitamin B1.

•Good source of vitamin B6, folate, copper, niacin, vitamin B2, magnesium, iron, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, vitamin E and protein.

•Red varieties are especially rich in the most powerful antioxidant lycopene. Studies have shown that lycopene protects against prostate cancer and skin damage from UV rays.

Carrot - •excellent source of vitamin A

•a very good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium and fiber

•a good source of vitamin B6, manganese, molybdenum, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, phosphorus, magnesium, and folate

White Onion - White Onions are very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. They're also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium and Manganese, and an excellent source of Vitamin C.

Broccoli - •Apart from being one of the richest sources of calcium, broccoli also contains vitamins A, B6, C and K.

•It is also very rich is dietary fiber.

•They are also rich in potassium and manganese.

•Having high content of vitamin C, it helps to supply our body enough of antioxidants that help keep away free radicals that cause aging.

•Broccoli also enhances the absorption of iron.

•Broccoli has indoles that help in the inactivation of harmful estrogens which promote the growth of tumors.

•A number of studies have come to a conclusion that people who ate broccoli in an abundant quantity, had lesser risk of a few types of cancers, such as cancer of the cervix, breast, colon, lungs, prostate, esophagus, bladder, larynx.

•Sulforaphane stimulates the cells that are engaged in the production of cancer-fighting enzymes.

•Beta-carotene is present in broccoli which is another cancer fighting agent.

•Diindolylmethanem, that is present in broccoli, has anti viral and anti bacterial properties.

•Broccoli is also very high in magnesium, iron, pantothenic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, phosphorus, etc.

Including broccoli in your diet will prevent the development of cataracts and ease the common cold symptoms.

•Broccoli that is high in fiber helps to prevent constipation.

•Some birth defect risks can also be lowered by including broccoli in our daily diet.

•Other broccoli health benefits include weight reduction, reduction of cholesterol, controlling Alzheimer's diseaseand prevention of diabetes.

Luckyone... isit? u mean like really hard? why ah? isit your boi crying? if not why they rock so hard????

Wow... yr menu is impressive leh..

haha (^^;) I'm too bored at home leh.

maggie mee, I think she trying to rock my boy to sleep. Anyway already spoken to the principle, she said she will inform the teachers and care taker there not to rock my boy.

The principle explained to me some parents prefer want they baby to be rock! Which I don't agreed loh!

Hi Mummies!

We are looking for Part Time/ Full Time Sales Staff at our upcoming new branch at Nex Serangoon.

If you know anyone who is interested or anyone of you here are keen, please let me know ok? Can PM me for details.

Thank you!

anyone interested to buy 4tins of 900gram each for:-

SIMILAC STAGE 2 FOLLOW-ON FORMULA ADVANCE EYE Q PLUS W/IMMUNIFY

900 G Quantity:

NTUC selling at $40.45

MFG:22/06/10

Exp:11/06/12

I got one $5discount voucher for it too (first buyer gets it).

Self collection at my house here only(admiralty link) cos 4tins very heavy.. LOL, prefer to sell either 2/4 tins at a go please.

Me can let go at $35 per tin.

PM me

hello mummies, hope everyone is doing well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Luckyone - can u compile into PDF n send to us? Haha!! All the food look so appetizing! Even I feel like eating :p

Lucasmummy - congrats on ur new store opening!

Bb bao - waaaaa grats mummy! Morgan gona hv a playmate soon!! Isit aboy or gal? If u having gal, I can pass u some infant clothings if u dun mind. All pretty new.. Only wear 2-3 times.

Chubby tiger - hope ur maid issue is settled by now?

LucasMummy , what shop you opening at NEX , on which floor ? I go NEX at least once a week , so can drop by your store [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jojo , Babgi, take care..Ive been coughing for a long long time. And my bb(the notty one) imitates me whnever I cough. Its soo cute! But this dry cough of mine has been gng on for a long long time(think 1 month). Im getting slightly worried. Think will have monitor the situation liao.

Babygi, I wish can hold the event at a chalet leh. But my family likes big huge events. tsk.

Jojo, yes...sumthing like 7 to 7. I mean Im not fussy abt the timing. Just tht the place has to be near n convenient, so tht I can drop bb go do some shopping or rest or do housework. Like once a week lor. I need sometime alone also. My hubby travels often. So alone at home wif bb whole day. But I will go find out abt the HDB hub thingy. Its good to have places in mind, in case me n hubby wana go out do things, can drop him there. Thanks.

AR : SIA sports club considered ready..its too far in. I used to work opp it (SIA training centre). Spans JOM is very very popular among our indian people. Been there so many times. I might have to onsider this one if no venue is suitable. Im thinking musuem spaces, like rooftop venues..something nice n unique. Also of coz good location. But alot of good venues dunt allow catering..so its a prob. Hmmm...headache ah do parties. This is the main reason why i didnt have a huge wedding..tsk.

Edie..after wht u said ah, think u spend more quality time wif bb than me leh. I mean, Im home all day, but becos I see him all day, I think the only time i hug him n carry him n kiss him is during his bath times, twice and probably like mornings before feed. Else I try n leave him in his walker or rocker...and even scold him him sumtimes for crying for attn. I feel bad scolding him lah..but I have to do housework, cook porridge n clean his stuff and there is like no one home. So no choice. Also sometimes I do actually feel worried he gets too sticky to me. U know, home alone wif bb whole day, it can happen. If there r like 2-3 people arnd him all day its a diff thing. U know wht I mean rite. So tht is one reason why i dunt pick him immediately when he cry n try as much to leave him to do his own things.*watch tv* soo sad, I have to give in to tht. No choice for me. He is glued to BabyTV. laughs, claps n responses to the baby tv..i sumtimes feel sad swithing off.

Little Tiger...where u get such lobang ah...aiyah..punggol is really abit too far lah. Im at redhill..and yes..this is the kind of babysitter im looking for. Flexible...like leave bb one day, few hours while I can go for waxing threading..or even go shopping ..nap..anything..If only the baby sitter nearby..soo convenient. U know, I always grumble to everyone n anyone I see abt how I wana stay away from my baby for one day, few weeks n stuff leh. Im sure alot of them think Im a bad mum. But I say all these only coz Im been wif my bb since day one 24/7. But hor, the minute I send him to my mums place to ask her to help look aft, I do miss him. I dunt even dare go overseas without him. keke...U do all the housework yrself too? Not easy rite?

You gals read the papers today? So sad... the 4mth baby died while sleeping on tummy. sob sob...

To think i allow my son to sleep on tummy during his 4th mth too... scary.. and sad for the mother.

btw, bb-bao, I am also pregnant with my #2, now in my 8th week. #1 now going 9th mth by end of this mth.

He's not working at mygym, but he provide maintenance services for their two outlets.

We haven't bring her to the gym yet.. Still thinking whether to bring her.

Thanks babygi and luckyone. Antamin.. Okie okie.. Prob bringing her to see Pd again. See if can ask for that.. Or can I buy over counter at pharmacy? She hasn't get any better yet. Thick greeny mucus and coughing with phlegm.

Guess what, since my girl hasn't got any appetite for milk these few days, I supposedly dun feed her any milk after her 7.30pm cereal cum milk, and let her sleep ard 9 plus. Thinking that let her sleep till she wakes up later, she'll be able to drink full feed. But.. She woke up at 3.30am and drink 80ml only!! After 8 hrs.. Still 80ml.. Sigh..

Dunno is it due to teething.. When she got her lst two bottom teeth.. Got mild runny nose, diarrhea. Her third bottom tooth, no symptom. I was some white white thing on her upper gum.. But haven't cut thru yet..

Any babies with teeth on upper gum alr?? Any symptoms??

I also always let my girl sleep on tummy lei.. But she will turn over after a while.. If not, her head will be tilt to the side.. Should be okie rite??

Jo. I also let my boy sleep on tummy now..Actually, he keep flipping to the side, tummy or back. They are big now, knows how to turn so should be fine ba. Guess 4th mth too young, maybe the baby no strength to turn his head then. i think so only..

morning mummies,

Congra to tpanda and bb bao on your 2nd pregnancy!

So sad about the 4month baby.

I'm kind of worried to let my baby sleep on his tummy even now, but now, they like to sleep on their side. Mine does and he need a bloster.

Luckyone: ur food looks really yummy and appetizing! No wonder ur boy luv to eat whatever u prepare!

I jus cut away my fringe on wed.. Havent cut them short in donkey years.. Now I feel that I look so "kuku". Feel like coloring my hair.. But scared cos still bfing. And I'm having serious hair loss too.

Any mummies color your hair while still bfing??

Agginess: how abt botanic garden?? May wan to check with the park?? Like having it in tha jacob ballas children playground??

Lucasmummy: what store are u opening at nex?? When shopping on wed.. Sad to say.. With a tummy, I jus dun look good on any top.. Really look like still preggy times.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jo: i coloured my hair while bf-ing lar! haha... the hair color on hair for a while only mah. but if u are having serious hairloss den maybe don't color first lar. i was still dropping hair when i did my hair color a few months back. but now my hair loss no more liao. can see hair growing out liao.

sleeping on tummy: i think very hard to control how the bbs sleep now since they can flip around very well already. i never put chloe in the cot on tummy position, always on her back only. but she will flip, toss and turn until she finds her favourite position then go sleep. if try to move her, she will get angry.

luckyone: if you do compile a "cookbook" please send me also ok. really love looking at the pictures of all the things you cook!

tpanda, congraz on yr 2nd pregancy

Luckyone, u usually prepare 3meal for infant ( Lunch , teabreak , dinner)??

Where u usally store for IFC? Do the IFC make hot before feed them?

i realised that my girl lunch usually is 1pm, the next meal feed is 5-6pm. Don't think have any opportunity to feed tea break lei. then her night feed is 8pm .

yay, BB Ethan is 8 months today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tpanda, congrats on ur #2, when is the EDD?

Agginess - maybe can try the smaller hotels like gallery hotel, quality hotel

tpanda: Congrats on #2!

Luckyone, how does ur IFC heat up the food?? If u do compile a book, send me too! Or u can try catering bb food! Hee.

Chloemum: u color while bfing, then the ebm still can keep?? At least if I dun color.. Maybe jus highlight?? Give my head some color.. I'm bored with my blackie hair!

Jo: yah. EBM still keep lar. precious leh!

i seriously don't think the color or chemicals will go into the milk lar. the amount of chemicals is prob negligible. if u really concerned, then i would say dun color at all. or go for hanna. it's more "natural" less chemicals.

the salon i went to uses the new Loreal haircolor series. INOA. i think advertise on tv recently. supposedly less chemicals. no smell of ammonia.

edie.. i working at Jurong east. How is ur new job? Flexi hrs?

Anyone working at Jurong East area?

Luckyone.. saw that u added paprika to salmon? Isnt paprika hot? Its ok for our babies? And can i check w u what variety of tomato u use the big ones or cherry ones? With skin removed?.. cause i find that some tomatoes are sour dunno how to give babies.. even kiwi also can be a little bit sour even if fully ripen.

Lucasmummy, congrats.. share what shop.. can go support u.

Re: bb sleeping on tummy

So sad.. haven read the papers yet b just reading abt the news here is already very saddening.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Agginess,

Haha we same same...been w bb since day 1 24/7...wah sometimes i feel burnt out too...and will go nuts when she is v notti and cries/whines for bao bao and attention. In fact, i can't do much housework cos she simply wun let me! Most of the time i am alone w her, so she must be feeling lonely if i were to do housework i guess...

I try to outsource housework but it is quite exp..and being a sahm already makes the budget pretty tite..so at times it can be very crazy cos gotta rush housework when she is in a good mood! Ends up i am in a bad mood most of the time too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Some ME time would be the best solution for us! But not easy for me cos bb latches on for her meals and naps. She rejected bottles since 2.5 mths old!

Hey check out EU yan sang for tcm for ur cough ya,..not gd to cough for so long!!

Hi mummies,

tpanda: Congratulations!

Belinda, Michelle, Jo, Genice: Thanks. It's not my shop la. It's my auntie's. Have been helping her since pregnancy. This is our 2nd branch. It's selling costume jewellery. Targeted to open by next week if there are no further delay. Will update you all again on the opening. So u all can go down and huat together... haaa

Back