(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

i am sick at home

i am scared even to think of bringing the kids out . #2 recovering & #1 now has ear infecion from coughing on a course of antibiotics as well. #2 just finish his antibiotic course & fever free for 2 days already.

i started fever wed night myself. yday doctor asked if i wanted antibiotics i jumped & said WHY NOT! kill off the germs like - been passing from my MIL to my boy to my girl to me.

Hi Maddie,

Gosh, it is the same case for didi and my gal. He is now 5 mths old and has been sick 4 times, all transmitted by his elder sister to him. Sometimes I sit down and think, hmm... My BM also no use, pump so hard for what har??

Hi Adak,

Congrats on your #2! My gal has been sick on/off since she started cc in mid-dec. I share the same mentality as celyn, as long no fever, then I let her go school. She recently had a bout of cough/cold that lasted 3 weeks until I buah tahan and brought her to PD and she prescribed antibiotics.

Hmm... How I deal w the teachers to make sure they know I am unhappy about certain things - for eg, my gal ever came back w a diaper that if u rolled it up, it is the size of a small melon! I kid u not! I called to complain but followed up w some cake treat for the teacher! Hee.. A trick I learnt from Vic Ma. I think for the teacher to take 'extra' care of ur darling, we parents also must do something 'extra'?

Vicma, take care!! better get well soon... now with the HFM.. i very paranoid also ..

Ruru, thanks!! hmmm yeahh i think need to start the "extra" service!! hehe..

Vicma, now with #2 then i realised that actually with 1 baby is super duper easy - eat sleep shit! wahahhahaa

my #1 has been sleeping with my helper since day 1, have recently moved him to sleep w me but had been "fighting" every nite for the pass 2 weeks. he will wake up crying and then totally lost it. The worst was when he cried for 2 hrs, totally hystercial that i have to put him in the car seat and drive ard for 30mins to calm him.

sigh.. damm regret that i was not hands-on with him.. so now trying to redeem myself with #2

I have never felt so 委屈 before. Left my boy at the new cc this morning. His first sat in the new cc and the teacher told us there will only be him alone in his class today as most of the kids don't come on sat. Then as usual my boy refused to go in on his own and started crying. The teacher seems annoyed and made this comment;" I told you to fetch him earlier last week, u don't listen now he don't want to come to school"

I'm annoyed because the parents are working how to fetch him early and I already spent 2 half day with him in school. Does the teacher feels it not enough? It's quite ridiculous. The previous cc will tell me to go back home so that he can adapt to school faster and not like this MFS branch whose teacher keep telling me to accompany my kid when I put him in school in the morning and ask me to fetch him earlier.

And now my hubby ask me to change back to old school since this teacher really Cmi.

Quite upset that i had to put up with all this nonsense for the past 2 weeks with lotsa complaints about this teacher that we wrote an email to the HQ and it seems like the teacher's attitude remains the same and unapologetic about her actions.

Hi Violet,

Please change back your son to the old cc. Having continous conflicts w the form teacher is not ideal as we don't know how she will 'deal' with her anger. Also, we parents are already feeling guilty that we need to put them in cc so hearing teacher making snide remarks towards us just affect our mood even more! Don't put up with it, we paid the cc with our hard-earned $ and we deserve a certain service standard!

hello again adak and violet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

violet,

before you change back to the old cc, think abt why you changed him to this one in the first place... then decide....

other than that, i tend to agree w rurucat.

adak, celyn,

such a small world!

adak,

yay on #2! if you are still bf, do hug #1 close when u are latching #2.

like so many things happen.... it does get easier in a way when both are older. so hang in there! jiayou!

trial classes

i used to bring C1 to trial classes... but never signed him up for anything before cc. so i figured haiya dun waste my time with C2 la. might as well bring him out to run around in nature and expend his energy. i do find myself that when i m outdoors, i m super energised [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and... yay... i have alone time to myself for a while.... Mr C is bringing the boys and maid back to the ILs in MY.... ME time!!! haha. but all visions of spa, facial, self care evaporated... super duper stressed at work. in fact, i was working on smthing just now. oh well.... this too shall pass! (the work pressure i mean)

Thanks ruru and cellow. Ruru, that's exactly my feeling. The guiltiness and then all these remarks made by the teacher.

We changed because its so near our place and after working the whole day, we thought it would be better that the cc is nearer and we could save previous time everyday.

I told my hubby that he would fetch him to and fro from cc from next week so that I would not see the teacher and keep clashing with her. Have a feeling that i was also abit sensitive last week and got quite emotional over what the teacher said. Hopefully things will get better.

Violet- wat an insensitive teacher. If she can say such things in front of u, can't imagine hw she communicates to the kids..behind the parents' back. Wat Abt other parents? Can gather some feedback on the teachers there or issit only her? Maybe loon n get yr hb monitor a little more n stil no improvement then better change for peace of mind too...

adak

having 2 kids forces anyone to multi task.

i am still very peeved at my hb for taking his own sweet time to bath & eat.

i do those things very quickily normally so i adapt well to quickily eat then lookafter the child - but he will eat so long - i feel like i am the bloody maid.

at night i want him to bath quickily so that he can help to look after the children in the bed room but he will sit on this chair & watch TV or be on the notebook & not bath till so late i get so pissed off.

its like having to get used to less freedom & yet having to train 3 kids & plan for 2 smaller ones.

so hard to stay calm & cool & the lovely wifey my hb married initially lolz! but still must hiaz!!

wonderwoman - BRIEFS OUTSIDE!

violetmei

the remarks seems on the surface acceptable by some - but i see your concern.

if a person capable of voicing such things easily - i dont think this person will make a good teacher much. she should check her attitude.

i do my best to accomodate the school & show i try - the teachers dare not say such things in my face. i only get feedback from the principal when initially my MIL gave some problems to the teachers by loitering around 1st 2-3 days.

other than that - they know their part - they want to earn our $$ as CC is not cheap either. they have to make us want to continue to leave the children there.

hi

Anyone hv luck to train ur kid off diapers during e day? for boys, usually u ask them to sit or stand? i told my boy to wee wee inside e potty but he wee in the toilet. how do u train?

kite

i plan to teach only when #2 starts full day CC, now my helper makes him go diaperless sometimes during the day for 30mins or so. & will encourage him to have potty time - i didnt ask her to do - not sure how on she is is in training.

the school will train as i understand.

just a couple of months more before full day so i dont want to think about it 1st as they say boys are slower to toilet train in general.

I have a bigger task at hand to tackle now not worrying about this for now.

Kite: nope... my girl still refuse to sit on potty so no point taking off diapers. or shd i? just feel it will be extra work lor

vic ma,

when ur #2 gg to attend cc? i hv signed up my boy but hvnt attend as he has gone through all vaccinations. u all done?

for boy, usually ask them sit or stand during potty time? lol. cos my boy wee wee is standing up when i ask him to.

kite,

i leave the training to cc. lazy to train at home. when he is done in cc, then i start at home.

my boy goes straight to toilet bowl and stand to pee. no potty at all.

for my girl, i think it will be the same. go straight to toilet, no potty and won't start soon.

kite

#2 already in CC half day since Nov 2011.

not only vaccinations - insurance for illness related too must get 1st best before putting into childcare - now they have those covering HFMD etc.

maddie,

hehehe.... i'm not in a hurry to train. or you can check with cc to see if she is ready to be trained?

i ask cc and waited for them to tell me ok and what to prepare then i just prepare and let them trained. spend 5 months for yu ze to be trained in cc and go diaper free both in cc and home. this is only day time. night time, haven't start.

vic ma

oic. ya we have already gotten all insurance for my kids since they were born [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw boys usually speak slower? my boy not really talking yet. PD says generally boys are slower n suggests send him to cc.

Individual MMR:

He stil hv MMR n hep b not taken yet. planning go for separate M-M-R. anyone here send kid to take individual jab for MMR????

kite

i am not sure about boy or girl slower in speech but what i am certain is that kids will definately start to speak faster once they are in CC & you should not procrastinate putting the child in.

the friends. social skills, learning to play in a group is all good.

of course supplementation at the side to prevent or reduce illness periods - that one is bo bian one with kids & CC. just ahve to bear with it.

the pros are more than the cos.

afternoon all.

speech

my boy got more words in his vocab nowadays.

as for diapers, he dont want to wear he is between XL & XXL, XL is too tight for him, XXL is too long for him.

last weekend he dont want to wear and suddenly poo a long ngoh hiang drop out of his boxer. heheeee

kite,

comparing both of them, boy is indeed slower for my case. however, he did pick up much faster once he is in cc.

another thing, this mummy is one who don't provide any supplements to the kids and straight they goes into cc. back with virus, bring them to gp for medications or let them be to fight virus on their own. i'm for them to build up their immunity and not keep them safe and sound from virus.

my boy havent take mmr&chickenpox.

will take together i think in mid may

he jus join childcare n as n when he hav flu, think his body not so fit for jab now..

Kite: read on news some time back that kids exposed to virus earlier fall sick less later on.

celyn: guess if my girl don't want to sit potty means she is not ready lo.

kite

all possible till MMR lor.

chicken pox yet to give, flu too. pushing back as its flu season too.

yes like what celyn said - health booklet required when you register with the school.

i waiting for PD to decide on flu jab as my boy is flu prone & has sensitive nose too.

chips

your boy forvere winner!

i want to grad to XL also cannot - stuck at L & last week fever - lost abit more weight -stuck L for another 3 months at least liao lor. i got 4-5 XL packs we bot in anticipation liao stil cannot start.

vic ma,

i m a ftwm. busy like a bee.

ok i stil left last hep n mmr. which one shld i go 1st n more critical?

i think MMR is more critical - but do check with your PD. individual kids they might have diff recommendations.

if u are ftwm - headache also if he joins & fallssick & u need to look after - best find a work lul period to start school?

Maddie,

Did you show her that she needs to sit down to pee? I don't mean that you pee into potty but see you in toilet?

Yu xi will says that she sh sh and stand there to pee whenever yu ze goes to toilet to pee. Sometimes, she will fuss for me to remove diaper cos she wants to follow gor gor. I ignore her and tell her to pee in the diaper. I'm not prepare to clean up the mess.

vicma,

the XXL so much bigger cutting than XL

he is still wearing XL, tight to fasten it up but still have to bear with it. maybe tat y he dosent like to wear..

XXL I have 2 packs too 'long' for him

I use it during sleep time but when he walk too much the diaper may fall.

Celyn: ya she see me pee in toilet she knows the steps. She has ever asked to sh sh in potty n done it.

My gal L too small, XL too big.

i find Huggies cutting bigger than pampers -i had their L - i dont like the design - very PUI & think. makes my boy look like big in the front lol! & he keeps pulling too. & it keeps slipping.

L pampers cutting just nice now.

They said Drypers cutting very small - always leaving gather marks on the child's thighs not so good.

kite

i dont think its recommended unless pd say so - if not allergic to egg MMR should not be procrastinated.

there is no link to autism -that theory has been thrown out the window long ago.

only egg allergic children take MMR later around 2 yrs old in some cases.

the new MMR vaccine has so far feedback from most here - not many got fever after the MMR, vs my #1 time nearly everyone kena fever after that for around 1 week. its a new improved vaccine.

if its just CC its not so bad - if you are travelling - its strongly advised to give MMR 1st.

Today is son 1st day at CHild care centre for trial lessons. I am not comfortable with how they bath kids. All kids lined up to undress n wrap up with towels, sit and wait for their turn to get bath. The room has 2 ceiling fans on.Are u all comfortable with this type of bath arrangement or am I too sensitive?

Hi mommies,

Anyone successfully brought small pair of scissors onboard a flight before to be used for cutting the meat into bite-size portion for our kiddos? How about drinking water? Pls advise! Thanks!

Hi 1sttimepapa,

I am not comfortable with any type of bathing arrangement at all as my gal doesn't like to dry her hair with towel and will yell and cry when I do it at home. I just ignoreher and dry her hair well but I am not sure if the teachers in the cc will do so. Imagine taking a nap in the aircon room with wet hair?

Solution - I bathe my gal before sending her to full-day cc. If u don't like the bathing arrangement, can tell teacher.

Morning mummies ;)

Long time no come in here n chat. New comp cannot use internet for non work related stufd cos they check every once a while. Hope everyone is doing fine ;)

Adak

Congrats ;)

Ruru

Nope they wont allow u to bring scissor on board. There was once i forgot to check in n they ask me to throw away so dont try.

Good morning mummies!!

Hi bbd~~

Vicma: starting class to "train" super mummy? =P

Just received news yesterday.. there's a HFMD case in my boy sch...aiyoo... my boy better dun kanna, i'm maid-less from tomorrow till end of month.

morning all,

1st time papa if dont like the bathing style.. dont shower there you can inform the teacher.

my boy dont shower in childcare, under aircon shower will catch a cold lor.

my boy shower before he goes, and come back shower again after dinner. so if shower in childcare dosent mean come back no need to shower..

but stil we will prepare a set of extra clothing and towel in bag in case he need to change as he dirty himself during lunch and when poo poo teacher wash backside need towel to clean.

my boy special requirement of no shower and milk 180ml is written on board.

adak

your boy sch where huh north south east west ?

Back