(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

joelle, i'm 2 weeks behind you...i could feel the baby move when i was 14 weeks but for the past few days, no movement at all. Do you mind if i ask if this one is planned? I did plan for #2 but only when my boy turns 4 years old as i feel it will easier to handle by then because if age gap is less than 4 years old, i know i wont be able to cope. My boy was in infantcare since last year but last week, he 'graduated' to childcare, toddlers' class already. When im on MC, i still send him to the centre so that i can rest. I've gotten your PM, thank you for the contact! Am wondering what your plans are as well, how to cope when your #2 arrives...

CC, thank you...i cant wait to do the amnio. Its like Come On, get it done and over with so we can all move on...i am lucky to have an extremely understanding boss who tells me to only return to work when my condition stabilises. I'm fine now, just working on regaining my strength...

queque, you've definitely had hyperemesis for your #1. My husband asked if i wish to terminate to end it all, as he is sick and tired of having to deal with my drama yet again. He got pissed when i couldn't get out of his car on my own to fetch our boy. To him and my parents, its all in my head, that im causing this myself, to gain attention and so that i can push the responsbility of caring for my boy to others. But i didn't argue or say anything because i didn't have the strength to. My husband still did what he had to, however reluctant & resentful he might be. So i let it go. Right before i was admitted the 2nd time, i was convulsing in nausea in the wee hours (he was working) and i called him because i knew i needed help, needed to go on drip and i couldn't make it to TMC on my own. He told me if its necessary since i was just discharged and couldnt i just take the meds. I ended up vomitting bile every hour until 9am. When i finally got to see my gynae, i wanted to cry. The miracle drug combi im now on is Zofran & Promethazine. Both do not work on their own, must take together. It took him a couple of weeks to figure out what works on me as not every medication works on the mummies, every mummy is different and respond differently to different treatments. But Zofran is very expensive. A 2 weeks' supply cost me $850 thereabouts and this is if i take this twice a day, not thrice. But it is much cheaper than being warded. I'm not sure if my husband will be more appreciative of me. What he is sure is if this time the baby makes it, i must tie my tubes to ensure i do not get pregnant again. If you are considering #2, i strongly suggest you ask your gynae about Zofran. Vit B6 is useless. On hindsight, if i had started Zofran earlier, i might not have incurred such high medical costs. Both my gynae and myself were waiting to see if the MS would subside but it just got worse. We both thought i should be able to handle it as i did have bad MS with my #1 as well. I thought as long as i don't get dehydrated, things would be fine but i was wrong. I reall think more should be done to educate mummies on hyperemesis. More can be done to help the mummies, we don't have to suffer in silence and in the hope that it will subside, we deserve the right & adequate medical care...I'm now residing at Sengkang [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Quite near to Tamp ya...Love the pediped shoes thou too big for my boy now, but i kiasu buy first. My cousin (Ivy, your sec schoolmate), is now also a SAHM at bedok. You mummies should meet up sometime but beware, my nephew is extremely hyper...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xihui, do you plan to have #2? It is most likely you will suffer the same fate when you are preg with #2 and from most of the hyperemesis sufferers i've read about online, it gets progressively worse with subsequent pregnancies. Must be mentally prepared! I had no MS at all until i reach 6.5 weeks for this one and i was thinking heng sia, god is great. But cannot escape i think...cos the body is the same. Thank goodness for this forum....it is difficult to confide in friends (thou i have a couple really close ones, those who will die for me that kind) but they have their own lives and as much as they try, they do not face the kind of issues i'm having now, so i'm very grateful to be able to complain here. Your gal is such an intelligent girl and i really peifu you for being a SAHM. I love the stuff you prepare for your gal's meals. So wholesome...im surprised at some of the stuff your gal takes. Even thou my boy eats at the centre, he is extremely picky.

jenny, thank you! Really trying to jiayou. Being able to let out my feelings here, makes it easier. All the positivity is really rubbing off me here...

Bw,

Thank u for the compliments.

I started ms at 6th wk too,if not i didnt realised i was preggie at all... Yes,ve intention for #2 but perhaps next year... My fear is what u ve mentioned,u hit the spot!that's why i said i am not in the position to advice u initially...hehe.. one of the reason why i gave up my career is that i know i will not want to stop at 1,and if history repeats then i end up just becoming a $ generating machine every month,knowing i need to give up either family or climbing corporate ladder in a matter of time....by dragging this,i m sacrificing #1 in a way... I love $ but i love my family more.

U are right, u cant really confide in the dearest or close pple in ur life unless they ve been thru it themselves...

Joelle,

Congrats!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I feel happy for you.

BW,

I gained 9kg in my 1st trimester despite puking my guts out everytime I swallow anything as much as a drop of water. What helped is soups. Liu4 Wei4 Tang1 which I drank everyday. Throw herbs and pork marrow in slow cooker and just let it cook for a few hours. It's safe for 1st trimester. The medical hall at rivervale mall has it. At one point it was so bad I was going to be hospitalised but I realised sipping orange juice and lemon flavoured water every few mins helped to dehydrate me.

My mum, she dedicated her entire life for her children. My dad is opposite, he feels they raised me and it should be the end because my kids are not taking their surename but thankfully my mum is firm in her decision, for now that is. I know I'm being selfish but I rather be out generating money to keep everyone sane and happier. The feeling of having inadequate money to spend can really strain relationships given our existing lifestyle. Having said that, I do intend to have the 3 of them at my house as much as possible. For a start, I hope to bring the dogs back next month after one of them recover from eye ulcer. This is the first weekend Dyl was at my house from fri night to sun night. My mum kept calling up to check on him and she keep asking us to go back for meals. Haha. I suspect she misses him although she wanted time off. Dyl mesmerised my parents after all the time spent together. I believe Jude will also have the same reaction from your parents in time to come. Just give all of them some time.

I would love to see Jude and you soon and I look forward to that day! Just to let you know, my first skool is opening near the lrt and they have infantcare. i'm in the waiting list for a playgroup for dyl since cambridge doesn't have a vacancy for him.

xihui, i have no career so as to speak of, just a normal desk bound job but i am reluctant to give that up even. Really urge you to prepare mentally for #2, before the puking gets out of hand and drives you crazy. I wanted to slap anyone who tells me to get seabands, take vit B6, take toast, crackers, soda water, i just wanted to tell them to F off. Not their fault i know...

serendipity, i very much wish to put my unborn on the waiting list as well but to the amnio, i cannot plan further. Thanks for the headsup! You very clever, i take LRT with my boy now. He gets real cranky after 1 stop, really headache but so far, people are kind, give up seat to me. I'm surprised cambridge has no vacancy for him. You can try asking again in Nov or Dec, when the 6 K2 kids graduate. Jude is the youngest in the toddlers' class (i begged the principal to let him in now instead of Dec) but i see a couple of kids who seem quite old liao and will go to N1 next year. Once that happens, there will be vacancies again. I have placed Jude on the waiting list for 2 PCF centres at blk 259A/B/C and blk290. Both offer infantcare as well and are much nearer to my parents'. My husband very reluctant to buy a resale, prefers to wait for a BTO. If that's the case, a centre near our parents' will be easier. I know it sounds very exaggerated but i couldn't cook for myself either. It is very strange, just opening the fridge makes me retch. The nausea, mixed with starvation pangs, is something i can never forget. I'm fine now really...my poor husband in the wee hours, went Jalan Kayu to buy mutton mutabak for me. I had to eat it and it must be immediate. I am just very glad to be able to eat now, to be able to differentiate between hungry and nausea. To be able to bathe. I told my husband about your offer to help with jude and he was very touched, to have a 'stranger' offer help like this!

serendipity, if your mum takes care of dyl well, there is no reason why you should on purpose, quit? I don't even earn much to begin with! My parents and MIL hardly call to check on him. Out of sight out of mind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] When i was hospitalised, both sides were terrified. My husband had to ensure my MIL that our boy will only sleep over, he'll go cc the next morning. My parents didn't even ask. I dont hope for anything really. My dad has been going on and on about how one of his friends has to always rush off to fetch his grandchild from the cc, how lazy his friend's daughter is, cannot even fetch her own child on time. I think just forget it really....at least they help me do laundry and cook dinner when they have the time. You must miss your boy every much...

BW,

Mrs Chia kept on boasting about the long waiting list. Maybe you help me ask her when you see her? Hehe. To me it's only playgroup, so long a place is given to him, doesn't matter which school. Pity the new centre cannot comfirm until year end. I place more emphasis on the school he is going to when he turns N1. Meantime, Dyl just go down play with neighbour's kids in the evening.

I think a mother raising the kid is really the most beneficial situation. Unfortunately, not many can commit to that. Being a weekend mum also not easy but we get by. Just let your dad go on and on. I've learnt to ear in ear out already. To me, he can say whatever he want but at the end of the day so long he help to take care of Dyl, so be it. I used to argue with my dad but I have learnt not to do so. My dad is also not happy that my husband is not too hands on but that's just him mah. At my parent's place he is very hands off but at home he's much better. Our dads are just bu shuang over the differences.

Congrats on getting your hunger back. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serendipity, i used to be a weekend mum too rem? When i returned to work after 10 weeks of ML and my husband n MIL convinced me that i wouldnt b able to cope with night feeds and all (jude had serious colic and acid reflux) and i really left him overnight at her place which drove my BILs n herself crazy. People think weekend mums have a good life. But i found my family and friends' comments hard to bear, the guilt was overwhelming and every night i left my MIL's with a heavy heart. My husband was only too happy to get a good night's sleep which till today i m still perplexed about as he didnt help with night feeds at all :p weekends were very precious as those were the only times i can be a 'real' mum but now i think back, it was because i was very possessive over him and my MIL's 'aiyah u duno how to take care of him one lar' attitude didnt help. Its great having someone to rely on. Now even if i want to have him sleep overnight both sides also siam far far....btw, i received the new handbook from Cambridge and the fees now is $700 from $550. Jude has been there for only a week or so but i personally feel $700 is too expensive considering the size and condition of the space compared to other branches. I think if u r willing to pay $700, there are other choices, just a matter of vacancies. Now im hoping the PCF will contact me soon. Im not willing to pay $700....

bw,

hope that u r coping better, jiayou !!

sengkang centres are always full and on waitlist, u can refer to this link, http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/CCLS_Home.jsp

i think there is a centre near fernvale lrt which closes at 7.30pm and provides 2nd bath, not sure if provides dinner, but might be a little further to travel fr your mum place.

BW,

Yes dear. And I remember you coped well. I'll wait for My First Skool to get back to me first. It's at the block beside my mum's house. I suppose most schools are having that commanding rate now.

Tell you something funny about my husband. I wanted to watch movie tonight but he said no, let's go see Dylan. He ask me if I miss Dylan. But I betcha on my last dollar he'll play with Dylan for 10 minutes and then end of story, he'll go watch tvee or have dinner. A bit like paying lip service isn't it. As much as I miss the 3 of them, I don't see much point in visiting them frequently during weekdays. All 3 are very aloof towards me until they are certain I am staying overnight(which is I change to PJs) or taking them home. =_="

Take care babe. Update us again on your progress. God bless!

BW, I've read ur posts over n over... Didn't know how to respond or encourage u. If I were to put myself in ur shoes, I know for sure I would've given up long ago. The fact that u've been able to hang on despite all the obstacles n challenges juz demonstrates the power of love for ur unborn child even at this instant. U've been really strong thus far, keep ur faith n stay strong k? We're all rooting for u here

BW,

Read your post, donno what to say except that "ni shi yi ge hen jian qiang de mama!! I veri pei Fu you!! "shou de yun Kai jian yue Ming! Jia you jia you, hugz!

Congratulations to all the mommies here having #2~ may you all have a smooth delivery. Healthy babies and speedy recovery to all mommies!

BW: Stay positive! I hope everything else will flow smoothly here on. Jia you! You are a strong mom, you can do it. Have faith!

Joelle: Congrats!! So, is it a girl or a boy? =)

Congrats, Joelle!

Seren, I got mine fr ssw last time. But I dunno if they increased price.

Re: basic bb clothes, mittens, nappies etc

mommies, last time I rem some of u mentioned a shop ard bugis that sells the above cheap? Anyone knows the exact address?

serendipity,

i think asobang is also LG, thickness 18mm. the chinatown shop gets stock fr small small world.

mirthy,

the shop is near guan yin temple, blk 269, corner shop opposite the small road/food centre.

Hi Hi,

Just stopped by to wish everyone a good weekend ahead!

Did anyone happen to go to NATAS Fair today?

Thanks mummies. Still not too sure yet, 18 wks now. But the last scan, gynae mention could be Lucas #2...so mayb a boy. Still waiting for nx checkup or detailed scan to cfm.

Does any Mummy have the bright pink Similac baby bag from 2010 and would like to give away for a small token?

Mine's falling apart fr inside. I really like the design but dun wanna spend hundreds getting a similar and more expensive Kate Spade.

serendipity, y does it sound so familiar? Ur hubby playing with dyl for 10mins then going off to watch tv :p my husband does the same thing. For my husband, i guess he finds it boring after a while. And 18mth old toddlers are super active, can nv sit still so my husband finds it sian after a while cos keep chasing our boy, his old bones tired. Wah if most childcare centres charge $700 i honestly cannot afford.

Am still on the meds n they give me very bad constipation. I was stuck in the toilet for 3 hours 2 days ago n becos my husband had to go out to buy my meds (TMC ran out, i really v sian with TMC) at paragon guardian then my husband realised its so much cheaper to buy outside. One week's worth of med is $300+ compared to TMC's $400+! So angry with TMC. Then cos i was stuck in toilet, my dad had to jaga my boy n he was nagging n complaining so much. So tired hearing him rant. But like u said, just let go....1 ear in 1 ear out.

mirthy, thank you...honestly i feel no love for this bb yet. I still cannot look at the basin without feeling sick. Sometimes feel alot of resentment towards the bb too....and when i see my husband's friends with their preg yet radiant wives complaining of good appetite & lack of MS, i will feel v hateful again. But it would b too cruel to give the bb up because i

feel sick so just hang on. Tml will be doing the amnio so hope to receive good news before i return to work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jj, long time no see u....thank you for your encouraging words, taking 1 day at a time for now....aim to stop taking the meds soon else i'll go bankrupt even before the bb arrives.

joelle, so u were not surprised to conceive while bf-ing?? Wow, so still can do the deed while bf-ing? Wont milk leak while in action? Heh. I've chosen not to find out the gender but gynae keeps scanning for me. He has his own guess and my husband v anxious but all i hope for is a healthy n normal bb nvm the sex! Wish u have a smooth pregnancy n delivery ahead....

Hi poohgal,

Wow u r still using till now. I like the colour n design too but too bad it didn't last long enough...

Hi BW, wish u good luck!

BW, milk supply dropped quite a lot then...hehe.. I was a little surprised as when I juz wanted to stop bfing and ttc, i came with this news. But not hubby and I face a period of managging the pregnancy alone when hub was caught in a surprised. I'm not only facing issue of financial, and help of taking care of the 2 LOs. But also some comments and remarks made by certain people who are not vy encouraging of me being pregnant again. It feels so hurt. But nvm, am gg to move on, take 1 step at a time and welcome my bb. So let's do it together!

Good Luck with your scan!!!

Congrats Joelle - life will find it's way.

Know of people who want to have #2 but still waiting n waiting. So, be happy n positive.

BW - all d best for your results.

Thank you mummies, amnio went well yesterday. Gynae at the time scanned and after that told me he cannot see any typical soft markers of DS. Legs not short, nasal bone there, neck thickness ok, all structurally seemed fine so told me he wouldnt worry if he were me. I dont understand what soft markers he was talking about, so i just nodded and asked if i could get the results faster. Hopefully they will call me on thurs. Nurse was very nice, tried to reassure me that she assists with amnio more than 20 times per week, it is very safe. No pain, just cramping when the needle went in. But nurse told me the rapid result will only cfm if bb has the 3 common trisonomy defects, the results in another 2 weeks will show more.

joelle, Wish is right. I have seen people struggling to conceive. Its a painful sight. It comes to a point when TTC is all they think about. And only people who have gone through the struggles of TTC will understand the agony. I understd when u say ppl are not v encouraging when u r pregnant again. Last year then i returned to work after ML and this year im preg. I also duno what ppl will think of this but i know if this bb ok, im tying my tubes after this one since im gg for csec. U might consider tying your tubes after this bb unless u feel u might go for #3 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My good friend delivered her gal in Aug 2010 and is due for another bb gal this year Dec. She is 32 this year but she will try for a boy in another 2 years so she wont b tying her tubes yet. Financial it will b tough really...we already spent alot on my medication n hospital bills. Amnio is not cheap too. But my husband is determined, he wont give up unless the gynae says bb is not normal. Gynae is guessing this time bb is a girl n i know he is overjoyed yet afraid. We worry about the fees later on too, 1 childcare 1 infantcare...so PCF is the way to go, cant afford anything else. Wish said life will find its way so hope u guys can find a way too....

Jenny,

I've not been using that bag on a regular basis. Only started using it more often recently.

BW,

That's great news! Don't worry too much k. Try to translate the negative into positive energy so that the lil ones can benefit from it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BW, seems that things are turning positive for u! Hang on there n things can only get better! Xian ku hou tian. U will soon get ur rewards.

BabeE, not very sure which bag u are talking about. Don't think I hv it. If not, can give it to u. Any pic?

Morning mummies,

Just like to check with you all if anyone uses GPS? if yes, what brand/model are you all using and if its good? any recommendation cos my current one is not working anymore. The screen cracked. I m not sure why it cracked too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thinking of getting one in the upcoming IT fair.

Thanks for the recommendation

winnie,

i use my iphone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and...heads up to mommies on AventPhilips Product,

claiming your warranty is surely not an easy task.

i called their customer care line to inquire on my product warranty for the blender i bought. I rarely used it, less than 5 times...kept and today took out for cleaning i notice

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5972978.jpg]

i couldn;t find the box and warranty card so i referred online on the phillips family reward on registration of my product.

back to talking to the customer careline, to sum everything:

1.no warranty card no claim

2.online registration does no mean anything

3.no warranty card claim default to 1yr from manufacturer date by serial # (do need to guess how long the product has been sitting on the shelves)

4. No warranty card and no receipt of original purchase - refer No.3 - you can try to ask the establishment you purchased the item from to print you a receipt, good luck on that i'm sure.

5. with warranty card and original RECEIPT you can then move forth and try your luck at their service centre as "if we find that you are at fault of the damage - your warranty is FULLY VOIDED"

was asked to leave my details, why? so if i wanted to call or go to the service centre - it will serve as a "TICKET" - oh please... the person sounded more like "just to inform you that we already brief you that don't expect to get an exchange just by coming down"

i dunno if it's really appropriate to antagonize a customer with such! oh well... found my box with warranty and the bloody original receipt. *hopes for the best this sat!

by far, worst customer service (careline) i've ever spoken to [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

don't buy avent, save the hassle!

BW,

YES! to conceive is really not easy. However this ppl who says such things are some family members which makes me feel so disappointed. Having the kind of mindset that muz hv $ then hv babies. Anyway, BB is GOD's gift to me. I'll accept and welcome the BB to my family. What others say, i dun care. After all, bb is mine, I'm the 1 giving birth, raising the kid up NOT THEM.

Btw, happy for u for the good news. Stay positive and take good care of urself.

CC, I called before to check. If no warranty card can go by date of manufacture. Better than no claim but lose a few mths I suppose. Go by serial number can check manufacture date.

CC,will use at iphone at times but find that at certain places reception can be bad and thus signal affected and may get cut off. Not too good with roads so need a more robust system.

Oh, that bad for the customer service from Phillips? suppose to be a reputable firm and yet didnt offer decent service to start with. Sigh!

Winnie,

I use my Android for navigation in Singapore.

But this is what I wld consider if I was getting a GPS. Apart from the usual reliability, warranty, ease of usage etc, a colleague once told me its impt to find a gps that can let u download overseas maps for free or for a small amt. This is so that u can bring it along with u easily overseas.

Try reading reviews on cnet.com before committing a purchase. It's my review source for gadgets.

Or try forum reviews on sgcarmart. Sometimes can get good buy too.

Hi CC

i agree leh...i dont have good experience with philips too! super frustrated...so far got the breast pump and the blender only...i think that's it! their things are hard to maintain...and they dont provide maintenance...all they will ask u is to buy spare parts which are so costly...

i wonder how much i spend on the pump and right after my 2 years warranty, it's spoilt and i called them to ask if i can bring down for repair and on the cost....the person say better to get a new one...

Hi BW

great to hear good news from you indeed....jia you jia you....cant do much but do come in to chat with the mummies here...they give really good advice.

Jenny,

Ya.. Talking over the phone with the rep like hinting from the start "don't be getting your hopes up for an exchange"

What la! Like that just say "no warranty" make everyone's life easier!! On print "3yrs,2yrs and 1yr warranty" dunno warranty for what.

This month we've claim warranty for my iPhone,iPad, water dispenser... 1for1 and the last is this Phillips - what a month!

Winnie,

I normally plan my route before leaving the house and take a screen grab into my photo albums. If I'm overseas I do the same too so I dont rely on 3G too much. Hope the tip helps.

Hi Ho mommies, just got invites in from The Playhouse for Halloween - I really wanna go and dress up Ayden... ;p hopefully not as little snow white coz he just loves all princesses!!! I feel it's more for the older toddlers but if we don't have fun now... kids are just growing too fast indeed!

Details:

Halloween Party - "The Monster Bash" - on the 28th Oct 11 from 11am - 4pm.

We would like to extend our invitation to your Playgroup to be part of our annual blast.

Activities for the Day:-

The Monster Bash

(28th October 11, 11am - 4pm)

*Bouncy Castle

*Fancy Dress

*Spooky Dancing

*Game Stations

*Trick or Treat

*Mini Bazaar

*Face Painting

*Balloon Sculpting

*Best Dressed

And much much more...

As a goodwill to have you with us. We would be more than happy to offer you "The Playhouse" group rates: ---> PM me

*fees are per adult plus child and additional charge for accompanying child/adult applies.

Click here for info The Playhouse

CC, thanks for the tip.

Halloween party! Thats interesting. When is the latest that we need to reply you? The timing is great for our toddlers too.

Hi cc,

Thanks for coordinating but I can't join u all on that day, already book tickets to bring my elder one for a play. Will love to join u all the next time! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks.

BabeE,

No worries ;)

Cherli,

See how k ;)

Jenny,

Rex and Rayne really lucky ;)!

Will go see if I can get a dressup for ayden online...

Back