(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Eva already eats adult food outside with us. She loves soupy stuff and fish, which is lucky for us. But we started to expose her to more western food so that easier when overseas. How to find fish soup & yong tau foo in western country?

Hee... Good for you Wish! Really 好!

I found my I pod touch. Lil one fascinated with the new toy. But I reckon we will still get the ipad 2. Heard fr epicentre that ppl started to queue since 6.30am. I tested it today n must admit I am pretty impressed.

Hi mommies,

Seren, saw ur post on the Marche gathering. Haha.. That was some time ago for us huh... N how our babes hv grown since!

Btw, which iherb product u using? Thinking of giving Isaac multivits

Re: feeding in highchair

Hubby n I insist he must sit in it for meals, but recently, Isaac wld want to stand up n get off the chair after a few mins. We gave him all the toys, inclu pots n pans which he likes.. Finally resorted to showing YouTube videos. I knowits a bad habit, but at least it keeps him in the highchair for longer.

How ah? Anyone facing same prob?

Hi mommies,

So caught up in BP recently that I hardly drop in here. Anyway hope all mommies are doing well.

Been busy with preparing boys for exams and taking care of my sick Kaitlyn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Me too down with sore throat now sigh.....

Been a long time since I feel exam stress, oh my, don like this kinda feeling at all!

Didn't read the above thread proper, super fast run through the posting.

Congrats to wish!!! Yea!! Happy for U!! 女 和 子 真"好"!!! Pray that all go well for your amnio test!!

Mirthy,

My K must watch her TV when we feed her else she will take forever to finsh her porridge sigh....

Hahaha... Mirthy... You're definitely not the only one. Eva eats faster when there's Wheel of Fortune & Hi5 on tv. Otherwise she'll wanna play with the camel and donald duck fridge magnets.

congrats wish [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

recently realised that bb gets v v excited when she sees other children, esp our neighbour's kiddos, like wanna communicate and play with them.....

xihui, no wonder..if eat like bird then no choice but be more selective. Bak kwa!!! I scared leh. Next year CNY i think my boy sure cheong ^^ What are her favourite food so far??

serendipity hey same here! I use japanese rice and ground organic brown rice into power, cook together. More nutritious [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have to use alot of bak kut to cook porridge or soup so i find it a waste as im only cooking for him alone ^^ Ney, that's not spoiling him lar...we love our kids, and that's not a life and death matter, heh. We can't be too controlling either. Nowadays kids are not the same anymore. All very smart and they know they have 'rights' lor!

BabeE, my bestie got her ipad 2 already. I think $668...wah piang eh.

mirthy, my boy doesnt stay in the highchair for long either. He doesn't finish every meal. Maybe because i always cook too much heh. If he doesnt want to eat anymore, i don't force him either. But he does eat more when he watches Leapfrog.

jmmabb, ahhh...exactly why im contemplating #2. When you see your #1 wanting to interact with others, you start to wonder. But i find that it's very difficult to cope on my own with 2 if the age gap is too small...so am still considering...

is leapfrog cheap here or get from US site cheaper? I am tempted to get the Leapfrog laptop for Heidi. She kept imitating us typing away at our laptop whenever she has a chance...which is very seldom.

mommie,

I need to find a good piano teacher to teach my sons. My current one is the most irresponible teacher ever. Sooooo mad with her. Just one sms in the morning "for some personal reasons, I have decided not to teach your boys" That's it???? and my #1 just registered for Grade 3 exam this coming Aug and she just walked out just like that. I sms her asking her what happen and at least recommend me another piano teacher, she just say, all my colleagues do not travel to students' hs, tat's it??? Stupid &^%!@#$%^&*!!!! sooooo angry!! Appreciate if you can recommend a trustworthy piano teacher to me esp one who stays in the East tks!

Tks!

torayme, im tempted to get also. saw it in toys r us sales, selling $80. hub say too early to get.

jj, walau... damn irresponsible. my coll also had a hard time finding a teacher to replace the previous one. this current one also one kind lah, always late or last min dun turn up.

Which leapfrog laptop u all are talking about? I bought the leapfrog leaptop so that C will not snatch my netbook n play with it but it doesn't work.

Popping in to say a quick hi hi. All e Los are growing up well. Mine is a terror. Hard to feed him without entertainment. Prefers adult food over his own. Struggle when u try to pin him down. Really wonder what did I do wrong?!! I really 不会教.

Yes yes. We Shd have a gathering soon.

now mine will yell and scream just to get his way! practically the whole mall was looking at us when we brought him out today. refuse to be carred, just wanted to walk on his own though wobbly and brushed us away when we wanted to hold his hand. Are cubs like that or it is just this period and how long will this last?

Hi jules n reen,

Michelle is also like that. I did post some of her terror video on fb. I super cannot tahan.. I thought of sending her to childcare will it help? but got so much of objection... Sigh!

Sky, ya, hb was also saying should we send him to childcare soon .....

Wish, congrats to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh gosh!!! all our LO has transformed into a real TIGER n TIGERESS now. my z is the wailing type. when he wan something he will jus cry, den when i ask him wat he wan, he will stop immediately n express.

Mine will grab things and immediately pull it to his back cos he knows we'll be snatching it from him. Gosh he's getting very intelligent.

He can call mummy, daddy, mei mei and auntie.

He banged his hand once on the table and said pain while holding his palm for me to see. aiyo, dun know to laugh or to cry.

can u all imagine if we were to bring them out for playdate next round, the magnificant scene of tigers and tigeress roaring and pawing at each other!!!!

bw,

ehh,i think her favourite food is rice,banana, tofu and cereal.... as for other varieties of food, it depends on her mood... today she can love fish to bits, tomorrow she can reject totally...i foresee myself struggling with a picky eater next time...

mummies, r ur bbies walking already ? mine took a few steps and that's it, she prefers to crawl...so sad, waiting til my neck long long. now i worry if she can walk a not [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

recently i got difficulty in carrying her. felt her weight too much for me to handle but her weight not even hit 9kg..feel so tired to carry her after just a while, wonder if is due to me hoping that she can walk....

Xihui,

Eva may attempt to be a 小霸王 at home, but put her with a group of her peers and she goes quiet!

jmmabb, mine not walking yet. not even a step. still crawling. but a lot of bbs here walking steadily already. yes me too. i really hope he can walk soon. z is definately weighing on me. he is now 11kg.

does teething make them cough n sneeze n doesnt wanna sleep. he used to knock out by 8pm. last sat he stay up till 10+, n he slept only when hub bring him out for a walk.

hmmm.. Enzo also notti boy.. Gotta entertain him with TV when feeding and it seems to take ages for him to finish his food. When he was young, a breeze to feed him cos he couldnt wait. Now he keep spitting the food out! Seems to lose interest in food. But i change his menu often, soup, rice, noodles, macaroni etc.

Chloe, dun worry, Enzo decided to walk this 2 days! Suddenly he just took the 1st step and started to walk 4-5 steps the next day. Once they start very fast..

Lucas is another notti boy too. He begins to bite mummy & daddy, pull my hair, and even hit my face. Got to fed up with him over the weekend and start disciplining him. Felt heartache but no choice but to start disciplining him now. Put him in his room (with door open) and ask him stay inside. So angry!!! Our LOs have really grown up and knowing their rights now!

Chloe & jmmabb, dont worry. Different kids develop at the different time. Some learn to talk 1st, some walk 1st. Lucas also juz decided to take a few steps w/o support over the weekend.

Oh yes! Gathering...when?

jmmabb,

yeah, i agree with elise.. as i was just ''grumbling'' to c how come she doesn't wanna walk, she started moving on her own the next few days.. out of the sudden she could squat and stood up with her hands holding her toys, without any assistance.. and this hao lian toddler goes out now,dun wanna be carried, wanna hold my hand and walk... need to get proper shoes for her liao... though not sure when she will walk more than 5 steps on her own, but defintely a surprise and good start... u never know when, who knows it might be tonight!

JJ,

my neighbour is a piano teacher but she's due to deliver in late july so i think not suitable hor?

Talk about growling, my cub will usually relent when we offer him something he can have in return. But yesterday when we went shopping, I let him walk on his own and he refused to be carried after that. Told him if he continues we are going home so he bear with it another 10 more minutes before throwing another fit! So we decided to eat at the airport last night so that he can walk and explore all he wants.

And about teething...6 new ones are sprouting!

xihui,

we were at T1 saboten!

YA, all at one go. I see tiny parts cutting out through the gum. No wonder last week he was waking up every night at 4+am to scream.

jmmabb and chloe, u're not alone!

belle is also refusing to walk! she doesnt even seem to want to try! wait until neck super long too. she's also almost 11kg and my arms are seriously breaking carrying her and also in my current state, its worse.

one of the first to crawl and possibly the last to walk! wah.. my 'curse' is possibly coming true :p

thanks chloe,xihui,joelle, hope to get a surprise soon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chloe,

dont think teething will cause cough or sneezing. maybe due to other reasons ? is it one-off or many days already ?

joelle,

can start practicing the 'quiet/naughty corner' ??

was with bb at T2 ytd too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

seren, jmmabb,

i was at T2!!!

mommies,

can name me some places where i can shop for lo's shoes? bw mentioned bata before...

jmmabb,

ironically when dyl was teething, i realise he wasnt in tip top condition. he seems to have a stuffy nose and irratable throat. probably from the over excess saliva production.

xihui,

i like pediped but no idea how to spree on that. BW says the spree rates not so good i think but definitely cheaper than mothercare.

Wow.. So many looking for shoe, just sold both ayden's pediped. Rarely wore one n the other was brand new.. the mommy was so nice and prompt, sold both for $28

I still feel Pigeon or combi are still better at least ayden doesn't slip and fall. Almost had a gash on his head wearing pediped as he slipped coz the grip on soles were non.

But then if babies are not walking or learning to walk, of coz pediped Originals is a good shoe otherwise pediped grip&go or flex would be a better choice.

Jmmabb,

My gal can't walk without support, need to hold both her hands and she always fell when she shook off one of our hands.

Cc,

Where can you find pigeon shoes?

Mine's wearing pediped original, so far it's still more comfy than the normal me shoes bought from mother care.

jmmabb,

For Lucas case, he is really a stubborn boy and has strong character. If he doesnt get the thing he wants, he will knock his head against something. When I hit him, he will either hit me back or pinch himself on the spot I hit. Hence for me,I felt I needed to discipline him NOW! When I put him in his room that day, he was crying inside n dare not to come out. Only came out abt 5 min later, n that is when I explained to him abt the punishment. Kids may nt be able to understand fully, however its constant discipline that teaches them to behave.

joelle, lucas does what belle does too!

she will pretend to bang her head on the floor.. (she does it slowly cuz she knows it will hurt!) and then hits her own head repeatedly. buay tahan.

i raised my voice, also like that. sometimes she will hold back her nonsense a little.. sometimes she breaks into a grin (and melts away all my anger)

MT, Belle pretend, Lucas really hit. Everyday w/o fail, he will throw his tantrum n hit his head against sofa, floor etc. Normally he will hit against the sofa knowing its not painful.

mt,

haha..high 5 on neck long long ??? lol..oh yes, do take care when carrying belle ;)

whats the 'curse' ?

xihui,

saw mothercare has buy 1 and get 2nd at 50% for seekairun. but not sure if the promotion is still on.....

not too sure what brand is gd, no motivation or mood to shop for shoes cos she is not walking yet and the same reason for hair accessories

serendipity,

when her 1st & 2nd tooth sprouted, she went on milk strike, totally not taking milk from breast or bottle, screaming her head off which frightened me so much that i rather not hope for new teeth sprouting again. lucky when her 3rd and 4th sprout, all was fine. now she is at her 6th tooth and i m still keeping fingers crossed.....

lotusmum,

yup same over here. tried to hold her one hand and let her walk and she walked like a drunkard and fell down many times [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] waiting for a miracle to happen soon...

joelle,

yeah my friend reccommend me to start quiet/naughty corner but i havent identify the location and start yet.

my aunt told me not to hit them with our hands, hit them with a ruler so that they will hate the ruler not us. also if in future if we raise our hands, they might think we be hitting them instead and cause fear to them. dont know how true but i sometimes still forget and still hit her with my hands. trying very hard to remember but problem is when we get angry, where to look for ruler ?? and also my hb doesnt like me raising my voice, he gets v unhappy and will say me, why cant you talk nicely to her..

joelle, wah.. heartpain leh.. sometimes when belle does that she will accidentally hit really hard too, how come they know how to behave like that!! learn from where man!?

now whenever i take something away from her (her cards, her building bricks etc), she will still scream and resist so i totally bo chap her, try not to give her the attention, i find that her nonsense will shorten. if i scold her, or try to lecture her, her drama will lengthen. so now tactic is, yank it away from her, and then discreetly distract her by something else like (see! got bird in the sky!) lol... lame.. anything that'll work.

jmmabb, the 'curse' is the first few to crawl but last to walk lor.. cuz when she first started crawling, alot say she might walk very soon.. then i suay mouth, say scully last to walk.. now coming true :p so lesson learnt, dont anyhow say. lol

jmmabb,

hit with ruler or cane is becoz the force u exerted on it will not be tt great as compared to hands. Coz using hands we might be so angry n not knowing how much force we have put in and may cause greater injury to the child. However, i felt that it has nothing to do with fear of ruler or mummy as kids are smart enough, its mummy who is disciplinging.

To me, I'm rather firm with discipline. U can hate me for good, but being ur mum i wont allow u to grow up the way u want. I've seen too many kids dun show respect to parents at vy young age. Its so common in my centre. I feel heartpain when I scold, hit Lucas but I always tell myself is either I discipline him now or dun discipline at all. Often, I go for soft approach, is when Lucas is overboard, then my hard approach comes. Hitting doesnt work everytime. When Lucas is much older, punishment is the way to handle him. My boy gt thick skin!

jmmabb,

ya i saw that mothercare promotion too... but i find the quality/workmanship of those shoes kinda anyhow, not worth paying so much for them.. my personal opinion.

joelle,

my nephew does the same few months back (he has overcome the phase now)hitting his own head so hard that parents intended to buy helmet for him.. i personally felt that by ignoring them is the best soloution (for now)..he only does it selectively, not to everyone.. cos actions that they do is to seek attention from adults, when they know that the method that they are using to lure adults is no longer effective, they will stop.. the more we brood over the action, the more they will do it cos they remember... only talk to them after the action is over..

there goes the same if they pick up any vulgar words..ignore and they will drop that word out of their dictionary, but of course adults must set proper example lah.

joelle,

icic. thanks for clarifying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i think i beat her not hard enough cos she just stare at me like nothing happen. its not easy to bring up a child..we must always keep this in mind, ci mu duo pai er, spare the rod spoil the child.

another thing, my girl is rather quiet(not vocal) and doesnt really learn despite repetitions. really afraid and worried if this is slow development ?? how do we identify or determine, bring her to pd ??

xihui,

Ya, was telling my hb shld buy Lucas a helmet. Haha.. I also hope it juz a passing phase. Lucas temper is real bad. Yes, i do think that we should talk to the child, explain after the punishment. So that they understand y they r being punished. Parents is the role model of the children. 父母是孩子的启蒙老师。

Jmmabb,

Still too early to know if she is slow in her development. Some kids are slower in development in certain areas. My god daughter also started to talk in words nt sentence when she turns 5 years old. Dont worry too much.

serendipity, z's has 3 molar sprouting at one go. i thought its bad enough. on one occassion, he woke up 6 times. he dislike teething gel, i dunno wat else i can do to soothe him.

Back