(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

I'm the only one in the family who knows what Dyl is talking about. He's better than recognising things that saying though. I'm trying to teach him the 4 seasons now.

He says there which sounds like "ere". And sunny sounds like honey. And for phonics, his most kiang alphabet is B..he goes "ber ber ber" without fail. My mum has taught him body parts - ear, nose, head, hair, mouth, teeth, tongue, lips. And things in the living room like television, buddha, fan, sofa, table, lights(twinkle), clock(hickory dickory doc)! My mum set aside a fruit tray as well and he can recognise fruits - apple, orange, banana, grape, pear, strawberry. And best of all, he has learnt how to pat Zen instead of pulling clumps of fur out. He likes to use Zen as a pillow and just fumble with his fur.

His hand signs is objects based also. Star, butterfly, thumbkin(thumbkin, pointer, tall man, ring man, pinkie), no more.

It's really amazing to watch the little ones grow! At times, I really want to give up but obviously I cannot. Then I question myself why did I embark on this path while my friends are all so carefree. But looking at Dylan growing, I know I made a right choice. Our babies are all amazing. Amen!

Serendipity,

The fruits that ayden does not take at all are banana, Orange and grapes.

Of coz his portion is only few cuts of varies fruits daily.

Wow... Kindermusic hygiene so poor??

pris, heidi's all good now! just gotta continue her antibiotics till thursday. You went for lasik? how was it? I also want too! But still thinking...haha...

We just came back from our shoot with Studioloft. It was fast and fun. Heidi's rather cooperative but wished she can smile more. My baby smiled more easily when she was younger.

torayme,

good to hear that she's all good now..

kindermusik,

thank god she didn't get any virus back from the class.. but 1 week after her 4th prevnar,she is having running nose now... how not to doubt the after effects of this syringe. but anyway, the doses are completed liao.

seren,

same too, my mom was pretty amazed when i know what c is talking abt... actually the trick is 1st few times we may not know, but just treat that we know and continue the conversation. after a few times, she will really talk with sense liao.. proven for my case... haha..

CC,

Dyl also cannot take grapes! It gives him heaps of phlegm. I find that he doesn't take fruits very well. A teaspoon of scrapped apple is all he can take. Elses got phlegm again.

Xihui,

agree! when he says "ere", instead of correcting him, I say, "yes, it is THERE!". my husband damn funny. He tell dylan not to do it because he will knock himself and be in pain. I told him his son wun understand. Teach house rules, just say "DEH" or "Don't do it" or distract. MEN!

oh Carol, same here, my boy's first word is daddy you know. So disheartened that time until the PD told me that's because D is easier to pronounce, wuhahahahaah. I point that out everytime when my husband tells his friends his son called him first. I think your boy is already saying alot! You should see mine, he mostly just point and grunts, always command me to take this for him, do that for him, go here go there, i'm like his maid. The newborn who was buried alive? Heard the culprit is a maid.

jj, i think our kids same rate of development, wuhahahaha. My friend's gal is only near 8 months old and she told me her gal can say Hi 5 already ^^ She says her gal can even pinch her nose already! My boy didn't master the skill of picking up something tiny with his thumb and forefinger until like 1 month ago. So i think her gal is really fast. I was quite upset thou, when some of my husband's friends commented on how my boy still cannot walk at his first year birthday chalet. All looked so shocked when i told them he can't walk yet. Sigh.

serendipity, lucky you! Mine will never ever take medication like this. He sticks out his tongue to block and taste abit. Even at the centre, everything that's brought to his mouth, he will taste first. Like very scared kenna poisoned. Hey, i find the leapfrog phonics dvd fantastic! My boy enjoys it very much. He is best at M. Mmmmm. Wow, i'm going to the sinseh this weekend as well. I hope to see phelgm in his poo as well. Maybe we'll get to see each other this Sat at Yu Guo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Agree with you that it's amazing to watch them grow. I sure will miss this phase when my boy becomes a teenager.

toray, what i'm scared about lasik is having to wear specs forever and ever amen if my vision fails me again after a few years, haha. I heard that after lasik, the eyeballs are no longer of the same original shape so cannot wear contact lens at all you know. Wish to bring my boy for photoshoot as well. Actually, want to do many things for him and with him, heh. At this rate i think i no $ to have #2, all spent on my boy liao, wuhahahaha.

seren,

no no to banana (those del monte or long ones), oranges and grapes when they are coughing... they cause phlegm.

haha, ya, must ve house rules, when she goes to a place and touch something that she's not supposed to and she knows she's not supposed to, she will turn back look at me and tell me nono, then smile and clapped... you set house rules and they will follow in time to come...

BW,

They say babies like this are more kiang. :p Which leapfrog phonics DVD is it? I only have the alphabet one. Try to reach at 8.45am to get a queue number. I hope I recognise the slim pretty mummy! Hehe. For first 2 naps he puke out vomit. Then my mum complain to sinseh the massage not useful so she prescribe another super long tui na and it helped him loads. I'm so surprised u r planning for #2. Jia you!

Xihui,

Since he started solids, I realise grapes big no no. He get phlegmy elses he is usually pretty clear. Yes! When I say DEH, he will hands off. He lagi scared of my killer stare.

babybear, i tried to set houserules and so far, only 1 works. I don't know, think i need to buy cane. Agree with you on the delmonte bananas. In fact, my boy has never touched delmonte bananas, oranges or grapes. But STILL he has phlegm, i really don't know what caused it.

serendipity, think we are using the same dvd, heh. Letter Factory! Sometimes i let him watch The Talking Words Factory and he will hmmm along but that's about it. He's still more responsive to the Letter Factory dvd. When i sing the itsy bitsy spider song, he will have his own hand movements as well but i suspect that's cos they do music with the kids at the centre so he just sort of try to copy. I'm only going to Yu Guo after the JWT trial! Am thinking of going before 9am to get a queue no. as well but worried that my boy will be sleepy or cranky after the tui na, then he might not enjoy the trial as much. Ney, i do think of having #2 now and then but have not gathered enough courage (and energy) to actually start trying. Am really too tired with this one and not sure if i can cope as my boy is really clingy. Can't imagine having a big tummy and still have to carry him to school and if it rains, diaoz. Plus my parents are super unsupportive of a #2 grandchild so....oh well ^^

BW,

Yeh "itsy bitsy spider climb up the water spout". My mum taught Dyl this also. Using thumb and forefinger right. True, Dyl sleeps and eats well after tui na. Better see after JWT. I'm not sure how the afternoon session is like. Have fun! After talking to you so much, I'm confident that u can cope one lor!

Serendipity,

You could try - dragon fruit, green grapes, green apple, pear(green), mango, star fruit, kiwi, strawberry, plum, watermelon, melon... Ayden eats durian occasionally ;p

I don't feed him, it's all cut nicely and on his platter - I try to retain as much original shapes I can so he knows what he is eating. Like melons, mango are all in bite cubes.

Leapfrog toys are pretty good I must say, totally tumbs up! Batteries are not drained that fast! The fridge phonics are good, ayden loves his leapfrog fridge DJ - lots of modes, favorite is music coz it has itsy bitsy spider from selection of songs. Ayden will press till his song selection and squat to listen and watch - funny seeing him and sister both sit infront of fridge like it's a tv!

bw & serene

Both of u let ur babies watch leapfrog so soon. I only start on my boy who is 3 yrs old. He is repeating most of the songs like a broken radio. But really thumbup for the DVD, really super!

Crystal not too interested in them. she only know how to say mmm when it comes to M.

Anyway cheaper to get them from AMazon, I managed to get the DVD set 2 at $29 while the set 1 cost me $45 from BP here!

I brought Crystal to Eu Yan Seng for her cough and flu. Glad that she is better after the visit, PD or GP medicine doesnt work for her.

Heidi's favourite song right now is 'The Wheels on the bus go...' she gets really happy and swished her arms around when we got to the wipers.

chloe, i saw my sis post on fb. They said the bb got dirt in her/his mouth. So poor thing. Luckily baby still alive! Suspected to be a domestic helper's baby...

serendipity, you really see me super up. I just get pretty doubtful especially after my parents made their stand real clear. Have #2? Don't count us in, your boy is more than enough. Hah, so encouraging...Might not be a good idea to have #2 since i'm moving in with my parents' in a few months. Wow, your mum is good! Now i know music is very important...can engage the young ones more easily. I hope my boy won't struggle and wail at Yu Guo. Everytime we see his PD, have to pin him down and i hate that.

Carol, come to think of it, i give my boy honey pears (yellow). Will that cause phlegm? Leapfrog fridge?? I hardly buy toys as my boy loses interest so fast. Now really don't know what else to do with him. Am not keen on flashing cards at him but as if he will allowed himself to be flashed at heh. What do you do at home with him?

icy, i love the leapfrog dvd. It taught me phonics as well! I watched it first and i was hooked. I still have problems with L thou. Sounds like ALL to me? Am i wrong? I started my boy on the dvd when he was able to sit upright. It's only when he turned 1 then he was interested enough to sit and watch, giving me a few precious minutes to do other stuff. You are right about getting them from Amazon, buying from BP is expensiev! I intend to get the Read-Along-Sing-Along dvd. You interested? He's obssessed with the 7pm show on Channel 8 as well. The taiwanese Ai show. He will smile and point at the tv and clap happily when the scene of 2 dudes punching each other comes on. No choice, he used to be taken care of by my MIL and my MIL is an Ai fan.

leapfrog toys,

i like leapfrog toys too, very educational and reasonable in price. got the dvd but havent started watching, its collecting dust in the cupboard :p

butterwaffles,

my grandmother told me 1 kid is good enough, ask me not to have so many, quite shocked to hear this fr her mouth(she has 8 kids) nowadays the older generations are very open minded already. hahaaaa. my parents doesnt have any comments because they dont help out so dont dare to say anything, same situation for ILs, but i know ILs are secretly hoping for a boy as hb is only son.....

BW,

Not too sure of yellow pears but the green pears are easier to eat for little ones with lesser teeth - ayden only has 6. You can try to stop for a while and see if the phlegm subsides?

Lots of stuff to do at home, tv, DVD, toys, coloring, scribbling, flash cards..nap eat change diaper, do Jie jie's homework, fight, scream, watch tv again... Heeheee... Ayden learns Kumon with his sis ;)

bw,

I am getting more leapfrog for my elder boy than Crystal. Crystal is more interested in flipping books than watching DVDs.

I just saw the leapfrog is having promo on the Read-Along-Sing-Along dvd at 7.99, much much cheaper if compared to amazon 19.75. How are u getting it?

I am so stressed! Why is K pooing at least 2-3 times daily?? Always hear pp stress over bb not pooing and constipated. K is the opp! She poo till I'm stressed. Wonder wat's wrong with her digestion? She is not having diarhea leh, so strange. I don even dare to feed her too much fruits and veg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi moms

MIA for a while.... Hope everyone is well!

I like to find out if anyone is interested in getting this mini buggy(2.9kg and can fit into luggage bag for vacations). I would like to organise an initial private spree for this as I am getting another one for myself. It will costs $80 for the private spree. Please pm me if you are interested. More information @ www.babystickyfingers.com. (I will gladly take down this post if people thinks I am soliciting for business here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]) I will put this up at bulk purchase later on at the original price of $85.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5371015.jpg]

bw

forget to answer u regard the sound of L. My son says is as "Lor" but the DVD makes it sounds like "ler" and sometimes like "lor". I am confused too. Perhaps any teachers here can enlighten us?

I also learn phonics from leapfrog, previously school doesnt bother to teach us phonics, we learn how to pronounce a word from memorizing.

JJ

Crystal start pooing 2 times a day for the past 3 days becos she had been eating more and drinking more milk (increase becos she starts taking bottle well FINALLY!!!) Perhaps K poo more becos she is eating well. If her poo is not watery, should be fine.

JJ,

Mal also poop 2 to 3 times a day depending on food/milk intake. Its a norm for him as well.

Noscon,

Am interested in this buggy. Coincidentally saw a parent using something similar somewhere last month. Was mentioning to hubby that it just look at a chair with wheels [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] let me check if hubby is keen in case he comments on my buys again. Then again, there is always a stroller for different occasion :p

Can't sleep... Prancing thru our enormous Smh database checking on potential buyers - I learn that adoption fees in Sg is 25k nett... There's also a repayment scheme available.

I'm darf.. Why is there a 25k charge? Issnt adoption a life giving opportunity? Ok.. Maybe charges includes education, medical fees for the young child??

I am totally crazy over leapfrog! Got the fridge magnet phonics, Violet, 2 different Caterpillars, Spin a Letter toys. Buy till dunno what else i can buy. Got a DVD from friend but cant open, dunno why. Got recommendations on which DVDs are good? Want to go buy for Lac to watch. MIL been letting her watch High 5 and seems like she loves to dance n swing. And she follows them by rubbing her tummy when we say "yummy yummy"! So funny!

Lac can understand n recognise things now but verbal wise not so strong. So far can only say "papa, ah pa, mama, mum mum, ball, yeh yeh (grandpa) and duck duck. Other than that, its "ah na" and " ah ta" which sounds like Bruce Lee! I even record and play for her to listen, she can even laugh at it!

And she learnt to take and put back her shoes from her own shoe shelf, sit on her own bumbo to standby during makan time, be my helper when i ask her to retrieve things for me.... Now also attempting to wear her socks and shoes but unsuccessful. Seeing her beginning to understand more things made me realise that my gal has grown up so much. Time really flies..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CC, u mean we need code to play? I tried on player cant, havent try on computer though... So does it means that it is not usable?

BabyL,

The DVD from US has a different code, different DVD players are able to play certain coding. If you normally buy DVD's from amazon or united states and it plays on your home DVD player the leapfrog DVD should play as well. Our pioneer DVD player plays the leapfrog DVD sing along. You can check at electrical stores for these players. Not sure if dvdrom will play but I manage to burn an extra copy for the leapfrog sing a long we have - I duplicate all cd's and DVD's for the kids as it's played so often and I can't afford to keep buying from amazon once the original copies don't play due to excessive usage ;p - use and abuse!

Seren,

If u going to Yi Guo Sat morning I might see u there.

Noscon,

I'm interested but I just bot a new stroller. Nvm, I go take a look first.

Babyl

Your baby can do a lot liao lor.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Yeah they have grown quite a bit liao...will miss those days when they need us to carry them around or do things for them....

winnie

did u see me or not...? I did not see anyone else using or selling this. I bought from overseas and find it good but no one selling in Spore. Before that has been searching ard for a light and simple buggy for indoor use.

Babe

ok let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

moms

Are you teaching phonics liao? How are you teaching your kid to speak? I only make it a point to point things out and repeat their names. I think our kids can recognise and understand a lot of what we are saying just that maybe they can't pronounce them yet?

Noscon, I saw a lady at bugis area, we were at the opposite ways on escalator so didn't catch a good view of the parent and the baby. Yeah, never saw it at a physical store that why was wondering where it came from. You using it? Easy to use? Sturdy? How is yr baby taking it? Is it secure? Sorry so many questions cause my baby always like to do his great escape trick. Need something secure to deter his act. :p

serendipity, do you know where can I get Barbara Milne's albums in singapore? or do we have to order from internet?

serendipity, winnie

Have to pass on that. Still got a few bottles of body wash in storage...Will take a long time to finish them...Thanks for the offer.

It is sturdy enough for our kids and until 2yrs old. The supplier told me until 3 yrs old so if ur bb is those that can guai guai sit inside buggy it should be ok till 3yo. It has a belt(2 point) to strap the baby. It is convenient to open/close. My baby likes it, at least she doesn't try a lot of funny tricks in it. If your bb likes to "g.i joe", then I may not recommend it cos I'm also concern for babies' safety but its up to the parents to judge but so far my baby is ok in it. I'm getting another one for my nanny whose relative wants one.

Oh that means another mom has it too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I like it cos its super light to carry and we brought it back from Vietnam in our luggage.(those big kind). I used it now for gg to shopping centres,run errands, practically everywhere. Not for gg to zoo or long period in the outdoors as it doesnt have a shade.

I'm only looking for 2-3 more moms to join in this spree cos i wanna get it soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CC, okie...i go try out on com 1st. Else I will go get it outside on other Leapfrog CDs. Thanks!

Noscon, ya lor.... my PILs prefer current stage where Lac can walk on her walk and no need to carry much. For me, i miss the times when she is still a baby! Now Lac dont even want to hold my hand and will shake off! Acting like adult, buay tahan!

Seren, thanks for sharing the link!

carol, i've stopped giving my boy yellow pears for 3 months already, sigh! Now my dad keep pushing me this pearl powder he bought, saying it's good for phlegm. But my boy has taken so much of it when he was a newborn already, my MIL gives some to him every alternatve day. Really want to stop feeding him EVERYTHING and just go for regular massage and hope he will poo his phlegm out. Wah, he does kumon now! Now only 1 year old do kumon when he's 7 how?? He'll be bored with kumon stuff by then, hehe. Ehhh....meaning only those who can afford the 25k can consider adoption lar? I think adoption is not so simple. A childless couple, how to know if they are truly 'equipped' to care for a child, it's very hard to gauge. I only know a single male is not allowed to adopt a baby girl. But baby boy ok. Weird, there are plenty of men who prefers young boys also what.

jmmabb, i'm very contented with my boy, it's only when i see him happily playing/interacting with other kids then i will wonder about #2 again. I have a younger bro but we are not close. So i also don't know why i keep thinking about #2. Actually, i secretly hope for a girl. My husband as well. Think his side of the family is pretty bored with boys already. It's the genes i think, his side all boys. No girl as at now...

icy, you mean usd7.99?? Where ah?? I'm keen on the Sing-Along-Read-Along, heard that many kids enjoy it. I've never ordered anything from amazon before ^^ So suaku ah. The L sounds like ALL to me. I also cannot get the R right. My tongue got problem i think, haha.

jj, it's not the frequency of the pooing i think. It's how hard or soft the poo is that is more important hehe. My boy poos once a day only, at most twice. Even as a newborn, there are times when he doesnt poo for 3 days. 4 days is the max, and i was worried but when he finally poo-ed, normal and soft so PD say that's fine then. Your girl has a good digestive system man!

babyL, agree with you, they are developing so fast, hehe. But my boy is not so fast, i think your gal is faster! He at most will point at his shoes and socks, and remove the straps but won't attempt to remove them, just point and grunt. My dvd player is ok, can play...I think most dvd players nowadays can right?

noscon, i never purposely teach phonics to my boy but just encourage him to sing along and pronounce. I will use the flashcards that are included in the dvds which i bought and i just repeat the songs to him. He'll usually just grunt, take the cards and fling them somewhere :p He's only most responsive towards Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Everytime we sing that, he'll open and close his hands nonstop and hmmm hmmm hmmm. I would love to include more music in my daily activities with him but don't know how! I'm tone deaf!

serendipity, wow that's nice! Very addictive leh! Must go home and play for my boy! Cool stuff, heh. Im tempted to buy ipad for my boy *oops* Alamak, i just orderd 3 big bottles of hair & body wash for my boy already. Iherb is good man, i buy the Happy Belly puffs, melts and colostrum for my boy and the shipping is really very reasonable.

BW,

Ayden just circles around his sister while she does her Kumon work... Round round round like hawk waiting for opportunity to stoop in for a kill - scribble the worksheet!!

So between all the circling I'd squueze in few words ;)

BW, Lac will remove strap and try to pull out but cant manage to. That night before sleeping, she attempts to stretch open the socks, raise her foot n want to wear on... Think after few unsuccessful attempts she gave up. Most funny thing is she took my panty yesterday n want to put her legs in and wear! Aiyo! The actions they make now are so cute! Thats when it strikes me that she is no longer a baby now....

Back