(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Jmmabb,

Oh, IFC issues. How about maybe u can experiment and premix the milk powder and cereal together than just instruct IFC to prepare. Like maybe 2 scoop of mixture to certain ml of water? In this case, then no need to worry abt the milk powder to water ratio. Cos it's not healthy for baby to take in FM with the incorrect water ratio.

Or some brands of cereal have milk premixed so just only need to add water?

Me at times add fruits / veg / meat puree so the amt of water always varies.

I just add water water bit by bit n stir and stir so if I use FM, will also do the same

serendity, aiyoh! Does it mean if they cough too long will end up bronchitis for sure? I can't bring my boy for tui na for 3 consecutive days, maybe 2, on Sats and Sundays. His PD considered using neubulizer on him but decided not too as he is too difficult. I'll call Yu Guo and ask if they operate on public hols [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I've tried giving the meds to him later, thinking he should be sleep by now (11.30pm) but no lor, he was still cheonging around at 1am. But better than him wailing his lungs out. Had to endure 2 hours of him wailing 3 nights in a row, until i got a headache and puked in the toilet after he finally zzz :p

re: adding FM to cereal

My boy no longer takes cereal *sigh* Actually, i hardly add FM to his cereal as he's already taking quite abit of milk. I add fruit puree and hot water. His infantcare teachers do the same just that i prepare the fruit beforehand. But ever since he turned 1, he rejects cereal totally. He has normal cereal, sandwiches or oats for breakfast. Sometimes Macdonald's pancakes ^^ Or kuay teow soup. Personally, i will add hot water to cereal first. Mix it to the right consistency, then add FM slowly.

bebe, will let you know ok...fingers crossed for you and your family! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bw, only when bb is well then can we switch their milk. Status quo for now till they are better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I also kanna a lot of snide remarks...my durians during pregnancy. Everything's the mother's fault lah. I am going to hush my FIL if he kp again. When she was rosy in health, he kept saying...不要生病就好...really 乌鸦嘴! now come a big illness lah. I am going to rebuke him if he say such nonsense again. Babies are pantang wor.

serendipity, I always soaked the cold antibiotic in warm water for a while before feeding. Feed about 1 to 2 hrs after milk. Then I will feed bit by bit with plenty of water from her tumbler in-between.

I am going to try to persuade my in-laws to jargar Heidi till she's 3 yrs old. She so princess...haiz...how to go childcare?

All babies get well soon!

BW,

pat pat. it depends on Jude's condition before the physician order xx number of days tui na. for dyl she says best is 3.

torayme,

his klacid cannot be kept in fridge. i duno how to explain but it's so grainy and sandy. i tasted it, ok lor. i hide it in red rice cereal, works most of the time but this morning, FAIL! last night I hide in mash potato, it worked for a few spoonfuls then he throw out the rest. the rest of the liquid meds r ok. if only i can dissolve the grains.

Sure confirm I'm the least with patience amongst us mommies... Ayden since he could scrawl, meds are simply meds time - come and eat, finish and go. All done in seconds otherwise sure in big time wacking.

He takes his multivits every morning.. He loves them ;)! Half btl of vitagen, fresh fruits and totally stop all cereal since 6months, no biscuits too - stoped even pigeon crackers. This is a confirm source of phelgm for ayden.

Serend,

You can mix his klacid with other meds thats cooler temp. ask try putting it back of cheek before pumping not directly towards the throat.

JJ, she prolly has a tip ;)

toray, she's taking antibiotics?? My boy's PD never give antibiotics...I'm thinking of trying to mix in goat's milk powder bit by bit for now. Also cannot ah? My boy's coughing has improved alot. Just that when he does cough, can hear the thick phelgm. Actually, i find that my boy does quite well in infantcare, he usually falls sick only when new babies join the centre, weird hor, heh. Some children are really not meant to go childcare. Sick for one week, well for 2 days, then sick again. How to tahan like this...

serendipity, did you see Xu or Huang Yishi? I don't know what grains you are talking about but for my boy, out of his 5 medications, 3 are tablet kinds and i just mash them with a spoon, mix in water and pour down his throat, heh.

carol, agree with you, no biscuit. In fact, i think anything that's too sugary may contribute to the phelgm problem. I heard too much dairy products may worsen the phelgm as well, like cheese and yoghurt and of cos, FM.

Seren, mine also doesn't like the taste of most medicine n will puke if the taste is to his dislike. Hard time feeding medicine too n esp antibiotics. I try not to mix into his normal food like milk in case he will reject them subsequently due to fear. For normal medicine like flu, cough n fever, I will try to change another type if possible as some are 'better' taste than others. Otherwise, faster feed n insert something sweet like raisins, small biscuit etc to help him mask the taste immediately.

winnie,

yap going to experiment and tell IFC how much water to add to the pre-mix of cereal & FM.

cc,

i have a lot of difficulties feeding medicine with syringe, recently i switch to spoon. depends on her mood, sometime ok sometimes not ok, just scream at her this morning cos she doesnt want to take and hb is angry with me. as if he has the patience to feed her medicine lor...idiotic.

jmmabb,

my hb also the same... they just dun understand.. they dun feel how the 1 doing feels until they themselves do it.. i threw c's dinner away last night too... so pek chek.. here i spent time cooking for her, there during dinner time daugther smile at daddy,daddy smiled back, striking conversation. daddy walked away she fuss, turn head here and there... and when she gag, it's my fault for feeding too fast... #$!%T!#@...

xihui,

yeah he left home with bb this morning without say bye to mummy and i m really sad, what a start to the week. he also got no patience to feed medicine. when i feed successfully with no tears, i dont get appreciated.

ytd while i feed dinner, he took the trike out to clean cos want to bring her down walk walk, the moment she saw the trike she hong sim doesnt want to eat anymore, no wonder my girl prefers daddy to mummy...sobz

jmmabb, xihui...sama sama. When i beat my boy or my boy wails, my husband will immediately ask what i do this time. Did i blar blar blar? Why i blar blar blar? But it only happens when he's very tired or he's playing games and my boy's wails irritate him or disturb him from doing his own things. But i guess my husband has his own struggles as my boy prefers me. Everytime my husband tries to kiss him, my boy bites him. So i think my husband sometimes also mentally not balanced.

bw, this is the 2nd antibiotic course Heidi's on after she caught the viral flu from me. I think first course we didn't give properly so she didn't fully recover. It was prescribed by GP. Not PD. We didn't bring her to PD cos my in-laws brought her to GP. 2nd course has to be prescribed cos of her hazy lungs.

jmmabb and babybear, haha i have to agree with both of you leh. Anything is mommies' fault but I envied your daughters for having such gentle daddies.

Seren,

Yah, i so dislike klacid too! Hard time feeding tasha tt when she was sick in feb. But i dun put in food cos the smell is still rather strong, i find the mtd of squirting at the back of the cheeks works best so far. Tasha also had runny nose with green mucus after kindermusik trial. After 1 wk of medication with no improvement nor deterioration in condition, i quickly went to chinese doc cos my PD always give antibiotics whenever u go back for 2nd consultation.

BW,

Ur PD gives tablets?!? Wow, u r good, i totally can't imagine feeding tasha tablet med. They won't dissolve totally even after mashing rite?

Torayme,

Ignore snide remarks. I also ate a lot of durians during preggy times. At tt time, they all want us to fatten the bb in the womb but when bb gets heaty now, it is not our fault!

Come to think of it of it after u all mentioned, C also fell sick with cough, flu n fever a week after kindermusik. Not sure if he caught any virus from there. When I brought him to PD, also prescribed antibiotic. But this round I didn't feed him with that.

so many kids fall sick after kindermusik? but then again, the weather and air pollution was really bad last week. There were several children at KKH A&E with bronchitis issues like us too. So the weather plays a big part too.

qq, ya lor. i will ignore but i have to rebuke if he go wu ya zui again. haha.

toray, looks like I must check with my boy's PD about antibiotics. What I know is antibiotics must be taken direct to have the full effect right? Anything else can be mixed with any food or drinks? I replaced 1 scoop of Friso with Karihome goat's milk for my boy yesterday, he just drank up, hope he'll take it well...why your inlaws didn't bring her to PD? They prefer GP ah? My regular GP is good, once I brought my boy to see him as he was just having slight runny nose but somehow when I gave his PD's med for cold, didn't work and it was my GP who pointed out that my boy has sinus problem like me. He ended up prescribing med for allergies. Lucky bring my boy to see him else I would have overfed my boy with the wrong medication. This time see PD for his bronchitis not cheap, $165 gone. Plus cabfares fwah. Really scared he falls sick and next month he's taking jabs again. Cant decide if should give the chicken pox jab at the same time or separately.

queque, PD says as long as baby is above 10kg, she gives tablets because they are much easier to feed. Personally I find it easier than those sickeningly sweet syrup, my boy hates it. He only has to take 1/4 of 1 tablet so it's actually very small! I just mash with spoon until super fine and when mixed with water, totally tasteless because the tablet is so small. Feed syrup very difficult, just 2.5ml takes me ages because he will block out everything with his teeth and tongue.

JWT Trial class

Morning mommies, Sky can't make it this Sat 23rd 1-2pm for JWT trial.

Anyone keen pls update here and transfer $18 to sky.

Hi all!

zoo's water park is sure fun!! there are slides and the water isn't too high, best for kids to crawl too.

but zoo's really hot hot hot. if there were to be an outing, best for it to be on a weekday. weekend is crazy..and the restaurants might be really crowded..

Morning mummies!

Read about the pregnancy diet that will affect our current health of LO... Actually not true leh.. I had very good diet during pregnancy, no caffine, no cold drinks, no seafood (except prawns n 1-2 crab claws), no frog legs, no kang kong n many other liang food but Lac still fall sick like the rest. So i think its not true that pregnancy diet is link to LO's immunity. I think the weather and LO's environment play a part too. So dun bother abt what the elderly's say about durians bla bla... I also didnt take alot of durians that time....

Btw, it seems like Lac is different when taking med leh.. She will auto take out her pacifier or standby to open mouth when she saw syringe with med. Gosh, definately not a good thing....

Opps, so many pple sick ah after kindermusik? maybe they didnt disinfect the place? Enzo's okay thank God.. Except for fever for a day but i think due to teething..

I agree with BabyL, seriously i dun think it has to do with what we ate to determine the "heatiness and liangness" of our babies body. During Enzo time, i drank teh everyday, bubble tea 2-3 times a week, lots of crabs (salted egg crab somemore), century egg porridge.. all the rubbish... I only avoid during the 1st 3 mths.

BabyL, look on a good side at least no struggling.. I got to force feed Enzo with lots of crying, lots of struggling n not forgetting a huge mess!

torayme,

now already like that, cant imagine after #2 comes along in future, dont know where i stand liao, maybe follow behind like a maid..:p must think twice whether want a not..hahaaa

administering medicine,

my girl now got new pattern, if force feed her medicine she doesnt like, she will gag and vomit out everything, 3 days already, this morning again merlion out all her milk...haiz...got to ask pd for alternative medicine...

babyl,

Lac is a gd gal, she knows eat medicine then she will get well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cher, really love Riley's healthy glow. Can't imagine her being sick. Is she still on bm?

BabyL, yah lor. But anything happens, mothers get the most blame. Especially when our in-laws are the caregiver. As long as my hubby understands, I still can tahan rubbish comments.

Elise and Jmmabb, yeah.... Maybe on a positive note that i do not have to force feed her. We always tell her that its "sweet sweet" time n she will eat. Daddy can be lame to tell her that got mint, vanilla or strawberry sweet syrups, depending on the colours.

Torayme, just tell them that u have real example of friend who also has bb sick though she has good diet during preg. So, its all not true! Its good that ur hubby will support u so just ignore all those remarks from them.

BabyL,

Ayden says "shhh-weeet"... he gets sweets from PD, after medication - learn so fast, no medications but the WORD has logged in! Lachelle will be asking for sweets soon ;)

What pregnancy diet?! Ayden has allergies here there everywhere!! Just eat everything in moderation k.

Hi Mommies,

i have 2 slots open for JWT, pls PM or email me if keen to join - Sat 23rd 1-2pm JWT UE Square.

first come 1st served - thank you.

cc,

I can't take, timing clash with sons tuition [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif], no choice, exams!!

QQ/icy may be interested

I don't think mothers should be blamed for the intake of whatever diet during pregnancy. Most doctors say everything can eat but in moderation. Just like some parents are allergy to some medicine but their children may not hv the same allergy since I believe genes pass through should be more direct than food which is already filtered by our bodies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CC & JJ

Thanks for the offer. My kid just get better from the flu and cough virus too! I think I will keep them indoor for a while.

All the babies who are sick, get well soon!

toray & 1727,

Did u sign up for JG?

I just sign up for JG Bilingual Playclub weekend for Crystal. She will be on the wait list for sept (term 4) at Evans road. Only paid the registration fee of $37.45.

Icy,

No worries..

As the slots are already paid, I don't want to waste $ for those whom paid. If there's replacement available then can refund.

Hmmm... Posted on Jan and feb MTB maybe I'd have takers.

CC, wah! Ayden asks sweets from PD! So cute! Lac now see food will go "mum mum mum mum", really greedy!

Oh, what i meant by pregnancy diet is food we take during preg. Some mummies mentioned that they were blamed for the food they took n resulting in LO's low immunity. So not true!

Hello all mummies, wah wah I need to catch up threads didn't hv the time to chat with u all. Just went Fr LASIK surgery last wk.

Hey Toray, hope Heidi is ok now really heart pain to see our little ones get sick and going thru the pain and discomfort.

Good to know mummies are not at fault when it comes to whatever allergies our little ones kenna. I realised phelgm is a problem for alot of children, i really wonder why. I didn't have that problem when i was little according to my mum.

BabeE, see you this Sat and i'll pass you the Friso 3, keke. I get to vote as well, under Pioneer. Hope i don't kenna recall back to do counting else i don't know my boy how.

carol, your boy is fast! So far, my boy can only say daddy, mama, mum mum, ball and bird. Anything else, he grunts instead, heh.

Lynn, am also looking at weekend stuff for my boy. Hopefully something fun, indoors and easily accessible via public transport ah.

Pris, you went for lasik! I want also! Can share how much it costs you, where you went and which doc? Pain or not? *scared*

Lynn,

It's this sat, 1-2pm at JWT gym UE square river valley. Trial is $18 - max 12kidds with 2intructors. It's under wobbler category - google and check. If keen pls update - one slot left

It's a lot of fun for lilttle kids with lots of space to explore. Of coz it's just a trial class and I doubt much will be learnt. It's confidence building for the kidds and time for parents to let go and watch them lilttle ones achieve higher grounds ;).

BW,

Ayden is not that fast I feel.. He just started calling me MA mA - been interrogating him everyday since he called out DADDY while watching muppets "bohemian rhapsody" on yuotube... Scene where "animal" calls out "mama.. Mama...MAMA..." ayden yelled "daddy!" angry told hubby - you can take your son to work!

Haha k can only say baber which is bubble. Other than this it's jie, ji, jia, which I have no clue! Yet.to confirm if she means what she says when I hear mum mum, mama, papa, could be at random that she utters those words [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think I get to vote... hopefully. Just in time before my trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eva's not as fantastic when it comes to words. She's a survivor this one. The one word she knows to survive is "Mum Mum"!

Other words - A (becomes ah), R (also sounds like ah), "Oo" or "Do" for Mummy, "woo woo" for dog. Anything else all sounds like different pronounciations of Ah and Oo.... =S

Crystal also very good with "mum mum". anything that she see us eating with, she will rush towards us and say "mum mum". She used to say more like "papa, mama, yeye & nai nai" but now suddenly all stop. Anything she wants would be point and "eh eh".

Oh, she also know how to say "mao mao" (cat) becos my mil taught her.

Heeheee... So cute our little ones ;)

Ayden has few words, correction all the time but this few the whole family knows inclusive neighbours that see him often -

Bird - "be-erd"

Pak pak

Raining - "ain-ning"

Eat

Up

Kitty

Ball

Daddy

Jie Jie

Sweet - "shh-weet"

Milk

Fish - "ish"

Thank you - "thanks!" sometimes "tah"

The rest is signing - bath, more, pain, thank you, shoe, help, sleep

During preg, my diet was quite crappy but Dyl turned out fine. In his first year, he was sick only twice wor. And he bounced back after 2 days. Do you girls know my gynae tells me I can take orange juice freely for the first few months? It's only last tri I have to avoid cos baby lungs are developing rapidly. If any elders blame me for Dyl's health they are going to get it from me.

Reen, nasty virus at kindermusik. That's the only place he went that weekend. Haiz. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I wanted to organise some more trials and gatherings but very dishearted. Anyway I am keeping Dyl away from public until I chop guarantee and confirm he is all well. Thankfully I didn't go ahead with CC's trial elses I will blame myself if the other kids get sick.

CC, yeh, I pump at the back of the cheek but he gags. For other meds, his face will scrunch up to say yucks then it'he'll get over it. Fresh fruits cause phlegm for Ayden?

BW, I saw the sinseh at Room 7.

Que, I heard Tash was sick after kindermusik trial. Is she ok now? First time my boy on antibiotic. I so suaku can. It has "fruit punch flavour" so I thought it'll be ok. Which sinseh did you go to? 3rd day after going Yu Guo, Dyl puke and poo a lot of phlegm. I see liao SHIOK! This morning he could down 180ml of milk. Hope tomorrow we can go back to 225ml. I'll be bringing him to Yu Guo this sat again for overall health massage cum follow up.

Anyway the trick is to give him some milk powder to "coat his mouth and throat" before syringing in then give loads of water. Amen! My boy takes chinese powder med real well. The trick is to give him neat. I have decided to sack kidslink. Going to the kid's clinic to Dr Lillian for review. I need to hear from her mouth that he is fine.

Back