(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

jon,

PM me your mobile no? you got mine, or you SMS me ? So I can arrange for this sunday to collect the wipes. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jon, I also dun pump religiously after each feed. Only when I feel breasts not sufficiently emptied then I pump.

Dawn, Jules, wat brand sling u using?

RE : JABS

Don't quite understand. For my boy coming to 2 months, i can't go for the 5-in-1 anymore? Need to go for 6-in-1 which carries a higher chance of fever?

Also, not all polyclinic have got the 6-in-1? By the way, where do they jab? At the arm?

Jon,

I also face the same issue. I quit pumping 2 days ago, and simply latch on bb. Realized my boobs will only really harden after 4-5 hours. In the past, used to be 2-3 hours. So if baby is feeding at 2.5-3 hourly schedule, my boobs is usually still quite soft, tho there is let down. Furthermore, am still using a shield (useless right?) so sometimes, bb seem like he's not getting enuff, eso when he fusses during feeding. Just now fed him at 1130am, it was those soft suckles too, don't even know if he had enuff! I always liked it when he suckles real hard and I can hear him swallow. So becos' of that, i went ahead to pump out both sides as much as i can, but could only get 60ML. Pathetic. Starting to think my ss is dropping. Due to using shield, and not pumping to regulate it. So am back to pumping business! But I will probably pump only in the day, like twice or thrice. Accompanied by lots of water. Hopefully I can see fountain again,cos I rather my boobs be full of milk come evening/night so he can suckle lotsa milk outta it.

Btw, I send you PM, go check.

BW, ok thanks! Btw, we should apply the drops when bb has blocked nose or can drop just to clear the nose anytime?

Tiga, we cut during the full month. I used the nail clipper and nearly "kiap" her flesh till she wail and I released. End up hubby used scissors, seems easier..I am a useless mummy..sobz..

Sky, u can try bringing bb to see the doc and take the med to standby if u want. Otherwise, try applying oil and see how..

Winnie, same as LadyK. When breasts are full or time to feed bb, it will auto leak...

Wish and Jon, my gal also didnt poo for 3 days till yesterday she seems uncomfy so we try to make the "mm mm" sound, and she finally poo! What we did was open up the diaper, lift up her legs and we can see her slowly releasing alot of poo. After that, she seems much better already..

Cef, glad that u have solved ur lump problems. I also didnt know coz usually i will press very hard, thinking that it will push out the milk more. End up I was wrong...

Joelle, thought bb on BM will poo everyday or more often? If FM, will not be so frequent right?

RE: Menses

Any mummies got their menses already? I had this slight pain yesterday at my lower adomen..thinking that I hurt my womb when i went massage 2 days ago so I called gynae and thought of going to check tonight. But earlier when i went to the toilet, i saw blood stains...could it be menses cramp and that I am having my menses now?

skysilver,

i did metabolism test for my girl when we were still in TMC. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

when i went to the BF'ing talk by BMSG, the lady shared that the maximum she ever heard was... 21 days of no POO POO'ing....

BM is easily digestible, so if bb absorbs everything then no poo poo bah? kekekeke.

my girl never poo for 1 day, i suspect its too heaty after she went 100% FM!!! SEE!!!! still tell me my BM heaty coz of the tonic soup i drank...

BUT HOR, the redness and pimple seems to be better.... aiyah nevermind la, continue to FM until tomorrow. hahahaha.

jon, it's a personal choice whether to pump the other side or not. if you intend to increase ss, then pump the other breast but do feed on tt breast tt u pump on yr next feed. u can also pump out a lil to ease if u find it getting too hard and uncomfy. if u leave it, u'll find yr breasts adjusting to just the latching amt.

afternoon mommies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WF,

havent gone for the jap yet, ayden's full month after [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] - 16th, will let you know.

Breast Feeding,

I've officially given up latching and gone PUMP! can't manage, it's driving me nuts latching every hour or so and i can't stand baby crying so i won't possible be able to train him to totally empty breast - BOTH and not fall asleep and wake another hour and cry for more breast.

pump 3-4 hourly i get 180mls so it's good enuf i guess.. i'd just have to live with pumping from now on.

okies, westies mommies...

Venue: IMM - Secret Recipe

Date: 27 April

Time: 2.15pm

1. Jules

2. Skysilver

3. Butterwaffles

4. Elise31

5. Joelle

6. Winnie

7. 1727

8. Reenren

Hi mummies,

thanks for all the advices.

Yeah, it's my #1 so also dunno wat to do... Think I m quite a lost mummy...

Did try to use breast pad but can't really do cos the breast itch and feel constricted when I wear my nursing bra. Dun think there is an increase in boobsize but just can't stand anything around the breast area so no choice I walk around like a faulty leaking tap.... Wah hahaha

Sky,

Ayden did the metabolism test before he checked out. I didn't get the results but "no news is good news" WHT! don't even know what the test was for and the breakdown results!!

the Mother's Tea taste kind of minty, pepperry.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] its ok. You can add honey like Jules said.

GD,

was watching the HOme & Health and the US doctors said, most likely in the next 20yrs or so of mothers whom develope GD would develope to diabetes. SO mommies, diet well from now on!

jon01josh03, agree with you that pumping makes one crazy. I'm selling my pump soon, hah. It's the stupid sterilising that really annoys me. Pumping time still ok as i will get ready with magazines, cushions, whatever...just to make the pumping session more bearable. It's worse if you are stuck pumping and the bb cries. Really wished i had 4 pairs of hands at that time.

re: poo

I don't know why but when i brought bb to polyclinic for jaundice checks, the doctor says it's fine if bb doesn't poo for a few days. He said some bb don't poo up to 2 weeks! But when my PD asked and i told her bb poos once a day, she commented that bb's bowel movements abit slow, that some bb poo up to 3 times a day! But the more crucial thing seems to be the poo-ing pattern, rather than the poo-ing frequency. Mine poos once a day. During a period of time, he was poo-ing once every 2 days only. After i started mixing Friso Comfort with his usual Nan Pro 1, he started to poo once a day liao.

whitefreckles, i'm not too sure PD mentioned that most babies will have colic to some degree starting from week 2 until they turn 3 months. For reflux, look out for merlions. Babies suffering from reflux do not like to lie down flat also because it is painful for them, so look out for sudden painful wailing when you try to settle your baby to sleep. Splitting up should be normal because my PD did not comment on that. If your bb has reflux, you might face problems during feeding times. Bb might be extremely fussy because his tummy is not comfy and you try to feed him, he feels worse because he IS hungry but yet cannot swallow. For colic, the 3hours of crying means the total number of hours baby cries per day, not at one go. If bb already fed, bathed, diaper changed, you are cuddling him, he is not too hot/cold, not running a fever and yet he wails his head off for no reason, colic liao lor. I have to say if my bb only has colic, i won't bring him to see PD because no point. Just be patient & sayang the bb....I give bb Ridwind (colic drop). Hope my experience with my bb helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: jabs

For pneumoccocal, i will be giving bb that. Rotavirus, maybe not yet...I still can't decide whether to give 5-in-1 or 6-in-1. Worry bb cannot take it if he is given 6-in-1 but he is already turning 2 months soon so not sure if 5-in-1 is still an option. Will be calling KKH and my PD's clinic to check and let you mummies know also.

re: diapers

My mum works at NTUC. She say to look out for NTUC offers every Thursday, sometimes will have discounts on diapers. For now, Pampers & Huggies having discount but i can't remember the prices already. I'm more interested in discounts for FM thou because for diapers, i can buy from JB.

Calafare shopper, yr ss so good, I pump every 3hrs, squeeze till boobs dry also get max of 120 ml only and it's once lor. Normally is 90 lor.

I drink lots of fluids, take fenugreek, eat oatmeal, massage N pump dilligently also like that. Seems like stagnant liao. Plus now got leaking boobs, lagi worst, ve not pump all leak out already.... Sob sob

latch

So far i also never pump after latch.. at most 1x a day so that she can be fed with EBM and learn to drink with bottle. Not so concern abt if bb had enough yet... cos if not enough.. bb will wake up within 2 hrs for more and and the same time the breast will know tt it need to produce more tmr. If enough tt means, I had too much - so dun need produce so much.

I latched almost 2 hrly in the day so my breasts almost feel heavy when bb can last 3 hr at times. Night time is abt 4hrly, in fact seemed like I can pump out more ss in the day now.

jules: no choice leh, i need to eat and go toilet, and she need to be close to me. So sling lor..lots of info on d web...trial n error [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

strawberryz: i made my own ring sling with material frm arab st and rings from ebay. cost less than 20 bucks total [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow dawn... handmade sling. no wonder alice loves tp be w you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

strawberryz, i got my sling from MIM.

carol, think yr abundant ss got to do w yr hrly latching in the day.

cef, wait till when baby is older. every noise she hears, she'll fidget and sometimes unlatch to kaypo. when she does tt and u r having a letdown, my goodness... boobs like our singapore icon, merlion. will do alot of times. v frus one.

re: vaccinations

Have called PCC@KKH and PD's clinic. Injections wise, PCC@KKH is cheaper but consultation fee depends on which PD we see.

Vaccinations at PCC@KKH:

5-in-1 = $42+

2nd dose Hep B (if taking 5-in-1) = $6+

6-in-1 = $82+

Panadol = $2+

Pneumoccocal = $141+ (can be paid by Medisave)

Rotavirus = $54+ per dose (3 doses to be taken every 1-2months apart, must use cash to pay. KKH also mention bb must be below 32 weeks)

All the above exclude service charge of $7.28 per injection, GST and consultation.

Have confirmed with both PD and KKH that even if baby has already turned 2 months, we can choose to let baby take 5-in-1 and the 2nd dose of Hep B provided the mother is not a Hep B carrier. But both commented that almost all parents choose 6-in-1 because the 5-in-1 & 2nd dose Hep B, thou injected separately and on different thighs, are done on the same day.

Hope the above info helps....Forgot to mention that my bb's PD is Dr Dorothy Ong located at Bukit Timah Plaza. So for my bb's vaccinations, i'll be going ahead with KKH.

Jules

That fountain happens to me few times, my bb play and play with my nipple and made me have a let down.. detach herself.. and my milk is spray all over her face and neck and she still dare to cry.. I don't know whether to save my milk first or clean her first.

Thanks BW for the info. How come such a vast difference in price? I remb reading some of the PD charging $400+ for the 6-in-1. The vaccines shd be the same rite? Weird.

So whereabout in KKH is the PCC? what does PCC stands for?

hahaha.. icy & jules, you r not alone. I think sometimes the letdown is very fast, so the baby will choke & cough. Worse still for me. Boy can't multitask..so when my boy is gg to pee or poo, he'll "kek" his face & concentrate on his urgent task so will leave the milk to spray all over. kekeke. But that only happens to me at night lah.. ss seems to be better then.

I have been quoted by the Kids clinic at Sengkang for the 6 in 1: total $440. The price includes 3 jabs, GST and consultation fee. Is this cheap or expensive?

Hi butterwaffles, Is your $82+ for one jab?

icy, i really burst out laughing when i read your post, hahahah! Reminds me of the time when my dad was changing diaper for my bb because i was having my massage. He was spilling milk from his mouth & poo-ing at the same time then my dad was very confused, don't know what to do first as he was crying also. Then my dad tried to lift his buttocks in an attempt to clean his butt first but end up the bb pee-ed at that moment and the urine ended up on his own face. My dad found it so funny that bb pee-ed at his own face he was laughing like mad.

1727, hmmm...my PD charges more expensive for the injections but not too expensive. Her 6-in-1 is $120. I think the $400 cannot be for 6-in-1 only right? Maybe it includes other stuff as well?

PCC is Private Children's Clinic. I'm a patient of KKKH Private Suite so automatically, my bb will be seen at the PCC. PCC is next to the Private Suite at KKH, at Women's Tower, next to the 7-11 there.

chrislin, the $82+ is for that one jab only. You can calculate for yourself to see if it's cheap or expensive? Since the $440 includes 3 jabs, what are the other 2 jabs? Then you just add up lor...If the other 2 jabs are what you intend to give your baby also, then you can also call other clinics to compare the prices first...Or you can check with Kids Clinic, what if you only want to give 6-in-1 only, how much would that be?

Icy, jules

ya, today bb de-latched a few times and end up I have to keep cleaning his face. And he just had his shower!! These 2 days, in the afternoon, bb seem to be drinking only 15 min or less, then fall asleep! Then he will wake 2-2.5 hrs, instead of the usual 3 hrs. In e evening, he tend to drink longer. Any mummies like tt?

1727,icy,jules: Same! haha i thought she was a drama queen but apparently not! She will also choke and kena spray then cry like i did it. (technically its my fault but cant control whadd) Sometimes she fall asleep then detach liao, wake up find her mouth empty then cry. -_-"

BW,

Thanks. Ok, then my bb doesn't have a serious case of either colic or reflux. I think it's just mild. In fact, I tink last night was much better after giving him dentinox. But hor, today I find it soooo hard to burp him! He keep sleeping.I just hope the nasty gas/wind will pass out from below? And even taking dentinox didn't make him burp easily too. He farts and poo alot tho.

I just had Magnam! Kinda regretted. Cos' it's chocolate. Gas-producing food! I hope bb won't be colicky later.. *fingers crossed!*

> what if you only want to give 6-in-1 only, how much would that be?

Yes I did ask that and she told me 6-in-1 consist of 3 jabs which cost $440 in total.

Strange. I called up one clinic in bishan 5 mins ago and said they only have maximum 2 jabs for 6-in-1.

How many jab really need for 6-in-1?

I am confused.

signz...

feel tired, depressed, sleep deprived... cried almost the whole nite n still needed to take care of bb...quarrelled with my stupid husband and really think getting married n have a bb is a mistake for me... so much sacrifice and yet not appreciated. can't help it, and my tears r dropping now still, while i am typing this...

my bm supply is only 60 ml together for both side the most and i really thot of stopping all this BF thing...

bw

woah.. ur dad must be very confused.. milk, shit and urine!

I am glad tt my girl don't shit in the middle of the night anymore. Because changing diaper will make her awake and I am so sleepy to clean her butt and all. Now she will do her biz in the early morning once she is alert.

whitefreckles

My girl always latch only a short while, then every 2 hrly latch. But in the evening she will latch very long - 30mins to 1 hr then at night even when she wakes up, it will be only a 5mins latch.. and she back to sleep. her routine still seemed not fixed yet cos she start to sleep more nowadays.. she used to stay awake in the day and only sleep like 5-15mins. Perhaps she is trained to sleep with all the sounds and noise after some time.

tash, u r not alone.. me also cant help but to cry at times when bb keep waking up... It's like i am just abt to sleep for less than 30 mins n he is up again!! dunno what he wans.. so tiring..

Are u latching n pumping out after or? I also starting to stop bf.. too taxing for me.. Now i pump 4 hrly and night i dun pump.. if i pump means i no need to sleep at all.

Tash: oh gosh dont think like that..bb wont b a bb forever, in a few mths he/she will b crawling and laughing with u. once start solis will sleep thru d night. Have u considered getting someone to help?

Feed FM can b costly, but it will take the pressure off u abit..

Hi babyl,

so fast? Menses come back? Timy like also have hers.

I think I will monitor my gal see how. Cause got quite a few mummies and elderly told me is normal. If it get mire often, I will bring her to a pd. Thanks.

Hi lady,

how much u do for that? Actually do that test is for what purpose? Hehe

whitefreckles, my PD said some babies just don't burp as easily so they will fart more, that's why we must apply Ru Yi oil...She taught me to massage bb's tummy. Divide the tummy into 4 quarters and in circular motions, using a few drops of Ru Yi oil, massage each quarter 30 seconds. To be done before feeding. Maybe you can try it when you are free...now whenever i'm free, i do that for bb. PD said it's to break down the big bubbles into small bubbles so that bb can fart or burp easier. Heh.

chrislin, that's weird! Alamak, all along, i thought 6-in-1 in one jab only? Else what's the point of having 6-in-1? KKH mentioned that if take 5-in-1 and 2nd dose Hep B separately, that's 2 separate jabs, one on each thigh. If take 6-in-1, one jab only. So most parents choose 6-in-1 because painful to see bb kenna jab so many times.

icy, mine last time poo around 3-4am without fail. Now he change timing already, afternoon will poo. But my mum asked me to train him to poo in the mornings. But how to train???!

Tash, *hugs* I know how you feel...i felt depressed during week 2 and 3. How old is your bb now? My gynae mentioned before, that usually mummies will experience abit of depression a week after delivery due to the hormonal changes. Please don't stress yourself over the BM thingy. The more stressed & sleep deprived you are, the less BM you will get via expressing. Don't keep looking at how much you've expressed. If have, give it to bb. Don't have, then supplement with FM. For me, i can express alot during evening times. Morning, afternoon and night times, no matter how long i torture my boobs, the most i can get for both boobs is only 50ml. But evening time, squeeze 10mins for each boob only can get me 130ml. Slowly you will know when to pump longer or which pumping sessions to skip if you are feeling too tired. Give yourself a break and get help...Your hubby will have to be supportive but husbands need a time-out also. I even encourage my husband to go for his usual mahjong sessions or watch soccer with his friends and he will come back rejuvenated and more willing to offer help. Anyone helping you now other than your husband?

elise, tash, me also starting to think if bf is for me...i pump every 3 hours and hit only 80 ml for both breast..and it's not enuff for baby...how to up ss...i tried all means and still the same... so sad

let me try to explain the 5 in 1 and 6 in 1.

for 5 in 1, the hep B is taken seperate. Go to the dr 4 visit.. while the 6 in 1, the hep B is incorporated. See dr 3 visit.

thks dawn n elise...

pump most of the time...4-5 hr, only yield 50-60ml the most... trying latching but its so tiring...

now is bb first, wife second...

1727, enzo did his 2nd dose of hepatitis b yday.. Then next mth will be his 5 in 1...

jules, icy,

phew...ok, so my bb is normal then, wah lau, latch like this take forever. Play and play and play until I give up don't latch, put her down. Then next minute, waaah, mouth rooting, looks hungry. Repeat few times, then she half asleep. Later wake up hungry coz she never fed well the first time round. Haiz! Btw, when is a bb considered older? 3mths? or 6mths? When will they be more consistent feeders?

re: shirt fall down when nursing

my t-shirt also will not stay up during bf. I tried wearing my lycra tight tops, even those after 3 latches, will stretch and start falling over her face. At one point, I was so frustrated I took a clothes peg and peg it to the collar.

Tash,

cheer up gal. like dawn says, which is what I also think abt to cheer myself up when I find facing bb 24/7 too much, I keep telling myself, okok, bb will grow into toddler soon. We'll pull thru this phase.

butterwaffle,

my son is 2 weeks old, mayb its hormones..but that husband seems want to have his "rights" to my son...he think he can do anything w my son w/o my consent...

who's the one went thru hell to have this son? its me, not him!

Back