(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

carol,

Just 3.1kg. My birth canal swollen, baby head also swollen.. I also not sure if GD is one of the causes. My whole V is puffy from the pt I am on drip.. not even sure if it is allergy.. deliver already then I forget to ask.

ryne,

It is close to 9pm.. they all free and abt to change shift already, whole delivery wards only left me. They doing everything to get the baby out.. honestly speaking I dun even know that doc use vaccum. The way they press also so rough. That point i really cry, so painful.

seren,

poor thing.. k, keep as cool as you can.. no sweating helps too. Gyne has seen so many cases thats why sometimes docs are immune to what we have to go thru.

email me gals.. too many posts, incase i miss out yr orders!

noscon, yes birthday direct...

lingling22,

yeah, KKH has gowns.. big big gowns with flaps covering the access holes to the boobs.. I have seen my fren wearing it and also other patients walking about KKH in the gowns.

icy,

very important to wait till cervix is fully dilated before pushing. The bearing down effect can make us push and if you push too early - cervix swells into a big tight kinda like float...

then you'd have to remember to remind gyne if it's allergy, don't want to go thru the same thing ya.

A friend shared this with me..think some mummies going through a hard 3rd tri so want to share this. Hang in there!

“Being brave doesn’t mean you’re never scared,” said Love-a-lot Bear. “It means you keep going even when you’re afraid”.

Carol, I'm trying. Yeh, he says he has seen a lot worst but this is about as much as I can handle.

carol, yr deliveries sounded sooo easy!! i guess this one will be as easy as well!

as for my #1 delivery, i really have no choice but to admit hospital immediately. my waterbag burst in the evening. gush of water flushed out, even pads also can't hold the flow. soon after, i hv bloody discharge like menses.. few days before my waterbag burst, i was only 1cm dilated, baby only 1/3 engaged. nurse inserted pill to soften my cervix and hope dilation can be fastern. too bad it did not help. 2nd pill inserted, put on drip.. all don't seems to help. i was only 2cm dilated after waited for nearly 14 hours with the drips & pills. i gave up and listened to my gynea & nurse advice to hv epi administered and hope my body can relax abit. it still took me another 12 hours to further dilated till 10cm. when dilated at 8cm, the nurse there wanted me to start practise pushing and they helped to direct bb's head into position. at that point of time, bb has not fully engaged yet.. what a tough labor isn't it?

wanna ask u ladies..

if order balloon frm birthday direct, how to get the helium to pump up e balloons?

how much is it to pump one balloon?

Okay, i think i will use VPOST.. UOB got 10% discount. OR any other suggestions which one shld i use??

elise..wats the URL again?

icy, my gynae says the birth canal will swell when we r too tense. epi or a higher dosage of epi can take care of it.

elise...

1st child - i was all alone in bed crying when finally my mom came to see me. she screamed at the nurse! the whole ward was "alive" right after that!

it was my moms & ex- MIL b'day and they were eating a feast at the nearby restaurant. Tot i was in good care... so while they were celebrating i was crying my eyes out due to the pain.

joyful,

you can just take the balloons to the florist or gift shops. cost roughly $2-$3 for helium, depends on the size of your balloons.

serene, www.birthdaydirect.com

carol, argh! i think if i have no epi, i will be sobbing as well.. That day e steroid jabs, both jabs i also teared... doubt i can go thru labour without epi.

elise,

plan ahead, can't get epi to late into labour.. it will tired you out, no strength to push. tell your gyne your plans [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

GD mummies, have u tried taking ur sugar level after drinking coconut? I am going to buy lunch and thinking of buying coconut to drink.

lingling,

was told Pearl Powder a week before delivery will help clearing the baby off jaundice. Am keeping off the coconut as i dunno the amount to drink and also frequency. Too much and risking baby of accumulating phlegm and too cooling plus GD too.

toray,

hehehe, Elise might be organizing if the value hits free shipment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

elise

if too much trouble, its ok i can order from spree... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cactus, Jules, noscon,

Thanks on response on Birth Plan. I have never read about it until recently though had my no. 1..keke. Ok, maybe will talk to hubby when still sane.

Ryne

I also experience strain when walking. My pelvic/hip area is really painful. Got a pregnancy support belt and it helps me a lot. At least can still go shopping now.. Else, walk from car park to shopping mall already cannot take it.

BHC

Till now..I still cant differentiate between baby “stuck” to one side of tummy vs. BHC. Coz to me, there are periods of tighening of tummy but looks more like bb pushing to one side. As in, I can see my tummy “skewed” to one side. Is that BHC?

Hospital bag

Haven’t packed! :p

ooh thanks carol..

i see how!

i'm so excited elise is coordinating this.. hehe elise, remember to wait for my email eh! i'm surfing now!

carol, really? I got pearl powder.. i shall eat!!

noscon, let's see if we hit the free shipping... Me got things to order too.. I email EC mum also didnt reply me!

eglantine

I heard there is one coconut drink selling at supermkt with no artificial stuff.. people do recommend that in this forum else they also sell those small coconuts still in their original "packaging"....heehee but not sure whether thats recommended or not

noscon, tonight lo.... Delivery shld be 2-3 weeks from now.. If pop liao will ask hubby to mail it out for me lo..

need advice..

initially, gynae told me that my placenta is low even at 33 weeks and asked me to prepare for c-sect. I even got the date selected by the geomancer. Now, at 35 weeks, she told me that i might have a chance to deliver naturally even thou my placenta is low but it depends on the internal check at 37 weeks.

shld i go for natural birth or c-sect? my main concern is that if cannot deliver naturally, then, must go for emergency c-sect. this is my first time giving birth.. so dunno which one is the best.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ok cool....elise once u r ready to order/join EC spree pls email or sms if im not reachable at this thread... thanks hope we can order on our own too...

CalafareShopper, where to get the pearl powder? I only intend to drink half coconut plus the coconut meat once every 2 weeks. Hopefully its not very high in sugar content and also not too cooling.

Eglantine, i got my coconut from the market. think is local coconut not the thai one.

eglantine, cactus drinks this coconut drink from carrefour. can't remb the brand. u cld message her to ask. main thing is young green coconut no matter the origins.

asther26, did u ask gynae what grade is yr placenta? actually she should be able to tell by week 33 already..so long not covering birth canal got chance.

asther

My personal opinion is always to opt for natural because its easier for the mum to recover and some mums who go for c-sect may have to opt for c-sect too during next birth to my understanding (I'm not that sure about VBAC) Please correct me if im wrong...

No doubt in the end may still end up emerg csect, but who knows u may up being able to go for natural or assisted birth... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Do read up online or ask your doc the pros and cons [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art36018.asp

little twin star

I rent the tank from parkway, but my brain not functioning, i cant remember how much i pay. Small tank can fill up 50 balloons.. think is $75 or so. Think BP thread also have mummies renting. think those flora shop can pump for u.. sorry suddenly mental block leh.. jialat.

serendipity

I start swelling after 1-2hrs, waterbag bust and the drips come in. I think I will remind my gynae when it is closer to my delivery.

asther

U can wait for ur gynae to discuss this first. I am not sure if this is true, but seemed like friends with low placenta deliver faster.

elise,

I've PM u my humble order :p

I donno how to email to your a/c coz don seem to be able to access the outlook.

tks

elise,

check dosage 1st k, for the pearl powder. Am not too sure but the medical hall can give an answer. mine comes prepack, waiting for week 39!

hey ladies, thanks for the prompt reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serendipity - actually, i dunno cos gynae said baby's head is blocking it.

noscon - i also prefer natural birth..seems that recovery faster..but my MIL v cute.. kept telling me to go for c-sect so that won't have much damage down there.. anw, i think i m paranoid..not even 37 weeks internal check.. already thinking here and there.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

icy - if i go for natural birth, i let u know whether the assumption is true [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Asther,

Me also pro-natural. That's why praying and psyching the little one to turn her head down.

Lunch was McD double cheeseburger meal with twister fries. My verdict is that the twister fries are just not as good as A&W's curly fries.

Also met a super-enthusiatic employee @ the bank. I went to enquire about the govt-aided CDA account for kids. Nice young lady who helped me with my queries and seems more excited about the baby than me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But her service was really good. She see I pregnant and want to change passbook, so she give me personalised service instead of queueing up.

Jules, Lovinglife, Carol: thanks for sharing your birth stories! I think subsequent births are indeed faster.. but I still can't decide if my doctor is right - that I won't really have advanced notice of pending labour since I won't have early dilation or early engagement.

Asther, I would go for natural birth. I think c-section is a major surgery with risks to you and the baby. if it is needed due to medical reasons, then it should be proceeded on, but otherwise, natural birth is better. the recovery is quicker, and it is the way nature intended it to be. it may even affect your fertiliy and the ability to carry on subsequent pregnancies. your subsequent births may also be affected.

eglantine, I drink Amy & Brian's coconut juice. it's without preservatives or added sugar. some pulp but quite miserable. it's from thai young coconut. not sure if it is green. I drink cos it's yummy.. that's all. my MIL and SIL told me to drink cos easier labour, but I don't really believe in it.. cos an aunt of mine also drink, but she was elective c-section. in fact, my SIL drank alot although she was also elective c-section.

joyful, for my #1's 1st birthday, I rented a helium tank from Party joy at Parkway parade (they have website). they have different sizes of tanks. Think I paid $100 for a medium sized tank which could blow up 70 balloons. self blow.

Elise, personally, I use borderlinx to ship. not sure if have discount code or offers now. Thanks for posting the link. I'm checking it out!

suddenly remembered u ladies talking abt the pool for babies to 'swim' in which u see at shops like plaza sing. i thot of renting it b4 but wen think of amt water needed to fill tub, i din even consider liao.

when tummy abt to tighten, can fill my back starting to ache liao. oohhh... how i wish i use my upapa now.

bad news! birthday direct only accepts US credit card! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back