(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Chilipadi, ah... I didn't think stitching affected... !! you have a point.

Siti, you may be at risk for pre-emclapsia (how to spell ah?). so considered high risk pregnancy. normally, doctors like to encourage c-section for high risk pregnancy in case of complication during labour but should check with your doctor. did you have natural delivery for your first 3 ah?

butterwaffles..

i saw my baby at week 7 jus normal scanning.. no v-scan..so don need to worry..

wow..u guys think very far leh.. think abt giving birth liao.. i just wan to be done n over with my 1st trimester

Hi Cactus,

Please add me.

Nickname: weemo

EDD: TBC

Baby #: 2

Gynae: Dr LN Sim

Hospital: Raffles

I went for a scan yesterday and was told that I'm probably only 5 weeks pregnant so Dr could only see the yolk sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat. This pregnancy is very different from my first because during my first pregnancy, I didn't discover I was pregnant until I was 6 or 7 weeks and before that all pregnancy tests were negative so this time round it was very amazing to me when the urine test tested positive a few days after I missed my period.

I gave birth naturally the first time round and I found the recovery process very smooth.

Hi mummies,

I'm selling a brand new cot bed (comes with brand new mattress), never used before. Bed height adjustable. Can be converted to toddler bed.

Bought @ $330, willing to let go @ lower price

Collection @ Potong Pasir...

135cm x 75cm

PM if interested :)

just want to share my happiness on god's gift to answering my quiet prayers..

All things well, we'll have our 1st born in due course [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

snowy,

Dr Sim did a V scan or abdomen scan? I'm seeing her this friday, 1st visit...nervous!!!! Hope to see/hear heartbeat since I'm going on 6th week

hi ladies,

seems like i really got alot to catch up..coz only got time to log-on at nite. hee....

btw ya...for dr adrian his package include everything even if u r havin flu or not well jus go back to him and it's inclusive.

seems like there's alot of experience mothers here...really get to learn alot in this thread.

wow.... all the experiences from the experienced mummies are like so scary lor... *faint*

i only just wished i can get through this 1st trimester chop chop. And abt the v-scan.....after what i heard here, also seems a little uncomfy rite? prays hard i really don have to go through it cos i don really know how the process like...hehe

drama in the house lor

Evening time I kanna red spotting den I went kkh 24H women clinic and just came back

Can't see anything on V scan

HPT faint line.

Did HCG blood test going again on Sat for 2nd test..

Prescribed duphaston..

Dr say maybe implantation can be anything..

Cant see nothing lah.. I also know..4 weeks only

Healthy ovaries and thin lining.. wonder wat he means.. some blood clot or wat but stop liaoz

zhuzhu, do take care of yourself aite.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good morning to all mummies and mummies to be!!

zhuzhu..don worry too much..just think positive..keep urself healthy..most impt..everything should be fine lah..

all the mummies here have huge babies.. my boi was only 2.6kg..small compared to all.. but i had a smooth delivery..at 36 weeks..abt 1.5 hrs and he's out.. hopefully this one is as smooth..but only give birth at full term.. if not hit cNY..my confinement lady cannot make it...

cactus.. not 2 bois but 3 actually.. lost the 2nd at 20 weeks.. so now i crossing fingers and toes, really really really hoping for a girl.. so i can close shop...

hei hei i tink CT same as me yah!! 2 bois and expecting 3rd one now.. btw CT i used to stay at BBSt11 too.. study at the neighbouring sch some more.. practically grew up in BB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

like to ask an embarrassing question... do any of you mummies experience diarrhea instead of puking as morning sickness? instead of nauseous, i hd tummy ache.. giddy i lausai, after eat i lausai, smell something weird i lausai, woke up in the middle of the nite to lausai, first thing i do when waking up in the morning is to run to the toilet to lausai...!!!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_embarrassed.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_embarrassed.gif]

TeeNoy

I am also hoping for a gerl ....

But old ppl say if our pregnany is a smooth one example we can eat well and not many morning sickness .. we will have boys ..

CT, ooo really?? ya, come to think of it, my pregnancies are all smooth sailing through out right till delivery...

TeeNoy, yesterday I had diarrhea, was asked by gynae to see GP and mentioned to GP that I am pregnant. GP said that it is nothing to worry, sometimes it could be to food that we eat or also body adjusting to the changing hormone and become more sensitive to certain food. Was asked to avoid milk for a while. If it continues you have to see your gynae immed because of risk of dehydration

Hi ladies,

What dosage of folic acid did your doctors prescribe for you? Mine was 5 mg (5000mcg) a day but I read from internet that the normal dosage is 600-800mcg. I'm confused, is 5mg too high a dosage?

Dear CActus

Both my bb delivered normal and blood pressure was ok ..

Only for these BB mhy blood pressure is very high ... I am soo sad .. I just dont understand how can be high ...

Hi,

Has anyone taken Anarex during pregnancy? Went to my gp for backache and headache and he gave me anarex (he knows im pregnant).

Ate 5 of it already. And today i tried to google about it, and heard that Anarex is not safe during pregnancy. What are the side effects? Gosh...I'm worried for my baby.

I'm only 5 weeks preggy.

Hi stileto,

I had a v scan because my bladder wasn't full enough. Try to go to Dr Sim with a full bladder then you'll be able to do a normal scan.

Does anyone know if it is normal not to see fetal heartbeat and embryo at 5 weeks?

blueyrose, if you're concerned maybe you should seek a second opinion or speak to your GP.

Hi Snowy,

I did ask the GP and he said its ok to consume anarex during pregnancy. But when I googled it, seemed like there are side effects. But not clearly stated. My colleague's gynae told her not to consume panadol during her preg. That made me even more worried. Sigh....

blueyrose, I think medication should be consumed in moderate amounts. If you're very worried about anarex then maybe you should stop?

i've stopped eating it altogether...but i'm worried abt the 5 pills tt i already took...sigh...

This is my first pregnancy...

Don't worry too much. The 5 pills you've taken have already been digested and probably out of your system already. Embryos are very resilient [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I really hope it doesnt get stuck and flow to the embryo...coz i heard during pregnancy, the first 3 mths and last 3 mths, it is dangerous to consume medicines...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

blueyrose

have u tried asking ur gynae? mayb she would be a better person to ans ur qns...but guess that is the GP say it's safe shld not be an issue [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi kayden...

i haven't fixed my gynae yet. coz i thought it is rather too early. maybe after my third mth, then i will decide on the hosp and gynae that i want.

yup, my gp says it is safe. but my colleague's gp says it is not. that is what is making me super worried.

Rebecca, Josephyn, my diarrhea is not a one off thing.. I had been experiencing it for nearly 2 weeks now..

Blueyrose, I think everyone here must be suffering from some kinda headache, fever, body ache and like me tummy ache.. but its a normal phase of an early stage of pregnancy.. I dont take any medication (a big NO NO to panadols) esp during the 1st & last tri.. Tahan a bit.. I just use medicated oil to ease the pain.. For your body ache, maybe you can buy a prenatal massage oil and get your hb to help.. instead of consuming anarex [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blueyrose,

ohh....hmmm...are u having any cramp in ur tummy or anything like that after takin it? if nothing guess u shld be fine ba....coz for the 1st trim. watever u eat is actually absorb by urself so guess will not affect ur bb ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup yup...in fact i am anti-medicine even before i got pregnant. dont like to take all these medications coz it harms the liver. but my hubby was so worried abt me tt he 'forced' 5 anarex pills in 24 hrs. coz doc said its ok. and now i am really worried, still is. and my pregnancy is only 5 weeks old. im really praying my baby will be fine.

thanks for the assurance, kayden. i really hope so. coz i was so worried when i read that the first trimester and last trimester, no medications shld be taken...

TeeNoyL, mayb u shld consult ur gynae jus to b sure... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

these few days i keep feeling very pek chek [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] does anybody also feels pek chek? I worry abt tis n tat... now the estate i live in is starting to paint the exterior n i worry abt the chemicals fr the paint being harmful to my bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] oh dear...wat shld i do?

hi josephyn

ya ya....i felt very frustrated easily as well...been losin my temper very easily...get pek chek with everythin too....

same here. i also very frustrated over small things. and i get vv nauseous when hungry. anyone having this problem ? i'm only seeing my gynae for the 1st time next wkend. end of 8 wks by then.

serlina,

I am with stemcord. What do u need to know? You can do and attend their seminar to know more. Think stemcord is ard Aug, cordlife also have a date. It is depositing your baby cord blood to store, in case u need to use it. The uses are limited now, but may expand more and yrs go by.

Actually the doc will do everything for you after u deliver, u just have to bring the kit to hospital when u deliver.

me me... last night i was so busy dat i only had my dinner at 945pm, b4 the food come, i feel like vomiting. after eating i still feel very uncomfortable. hmmm... as for pek chek, i wont leh.

i went for scan on my 5th week, cant see heart beat. this sat is my 7th week, gog for the scan, hope can see, if not jia lat. My body is very weak, im afraid the baby will not be healthy. haiz...

hi chloe,

Dun worry too much, muz be positive! I juz went for my scan today, baby is 6 wks+, can see the heartbeat already.

I was initially worried oso cos i had spotting every few days but my gynae told mi its normal & prescribed mi Duphaston.

7 weeks should be able to see heartbeat right? ya, i had brown discharge and was given Duphaston. i finished the 20 tabs last weekend. This is my 1st pregnancy. I guess i think too much. hee...

Didnt expect this as we are preparing for our wedding on sept. Suddenly a lot of things to do. House, wedding and baby. Stress!!!

hi all, do you like to drink can drinks or sweetened stuffs lately? i love can sweetened drinks lately (i seldom take sweetened drinks last time) n i'm craving madly for it... but i dun dare to drink too much... is it ok to have can drinks one per day or two per day?

funny thing is i dun crave for anything. but i dun think its good to take too much sugar during pregnancy right?

actually its not that i'm exactly craving for sweetened drinks... but its hard to swallow water...

anyway just a short update on my pregnancy, at 5w6d i did a v-scan and saw bb's heart beat, this sat which is end of my 8 weeks, i'll be seeing gynae again... looking forward to see the progress of my bb =D

Hi Chloe,

don't worry too much. I think being pregnant makes us all paranoid that's why we're all worried about this and that! And I can't help worrying about not seeing my baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks even though I did read that it's too early...I think we all need reassurance! Don't worry about being unhealthy because I thought I was very unhealthy before my last pregnancy too, I was on 2 rounds of antibiotics consecutively for a flu that wouldn't recover then subsequently I discovered I was pregnant but it was so weird then as I took a few pregnancy tests and the result was always negative then I think 6 or 7 weeks into the pregnancy the Dr finally found the yolk sac. And this time round, I'm actually trying to recover from a cough. I read that the body's immune system is actually suppressed at this time so that our bodies won't reject the baby as a foreign body. Maybe that's why everyone here is feeling sickly or uncomfortable. I'm just feeling tired.

nylek, you can take sweet stuff, but in moderation.

Hi, shame to ask..but is there anyone feel that ur tummy start growing? mine only 7-8 weeks but i feel like my tummy grow faster than my #1 last time.. 5 mths also still can't see e tummy..

Back