(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Firipy, I think taka will be the next best bet cos got add 10% for cardmembers now. But, normally crayola is price controlled item in other dept stores so even when og, metro n kiddy palace having a storewide discount, brands like crayola n leapfrog will have no discount but Isetan will arm wrestle all its suppliers to give discount during IPS, that's why I am a loyal customer. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear mommies, thanks for answering my qn abt potty training, appreciate it! Actually, i'm getting worried because i recently attended a talk by one baby sign trainer who said it used to be a tradition that babies start potty training early (her girl started training at a few mths old; at that time they were living in China n the ah-yi helped her with it). She said that it was with the proliferation of disposable diapers that potty training gets more and more delayed - supposedly it's becoz diaper companies hav convinced parents and PDs that that potty training should be 'child-led' - so end up these days, kids get potty trained later n later. Then recently i borrowed fr the libr the baby whisperer's book on potty training and she advised starting at abt 9 mths old. Btw, when i was at the talk, the other moms (abt 5 of them) in the room have either started or are going to start with potty training - and my boy was the oldest!

Smalldreams: i mean that i can't read my boy's sign as to when he's about the pee. Any advice?

Jessie: thanks for alerting us abt the paint being hard to wash off. What i do is try to let my boy wear an old cloth bib or those plastic ones, but i dun succeed all the time coz he hates wearing a bib.

Oops.. another qn. Do you find it better to use the stand alone potty or the kind where you fix on top of a toilet bowl?

Abt enrichment classes, my son started Shichida this year. But i'm lazy, i dun do 'homework' e.g. flash cards with him coz he can't really stay still. Maybe i'll try again soon. Honestly though, i dunno if he is benefitting fr it and sometimes i feel like a chore bringing him to class because it's a commitment and it affects any other plans we might wanna make for the weekend. I initially wanted weekday class coz i really dunno wat to do with him during weekdays (and it's cheaper) but my hubby says he wanna be able to sometimes go into class with our boy. But so far, he has only done that twice! Most times, he just sit outside n read his papers and wait for us to finish..argh! :p So i really admire those parents who have the patience to bring their kids fr class to class. But i think too many classes also affect the kid. Like my boy, the class coincides with his nap time. So it's either we wake him up from his sleep, or we dun let him nap at all until his class ends. Think it's not good for him. Maybe i'll change to weekday class, but must perfect my driving skills first!

cheerieheart,

As i have shared before, that I dun have a realistic view of what the Singapore education system is like but based on what I hear from you all, it sounds super scary. Therefore, I can't give you a fair assessment if you should continue continue kenan for class. I think basically, in parenting, there are different schools of thoughts. On whether you would like to be the disciplinarian and go go go or you would prefer to let your child follow his passion. In our case, I clearly can see that Nat is restless at home and that's why I hope to send her for class. But because we are still waitlisted for the good preschools, I have to look for other alternatives like playground, playdates, short classes, some art and craft activities before my furniture and books all get destroyed by her!

If you feel that it's such a chore and that it takes away family time that you guys should be enjoying, then you might wanna rethink. Another thing is ... is Kenan enjoying class? Does he pay attention to the teacher or is busy running around? Usually I think it takes a few classes to assess. Does he get grouchy during class because it clashes with his nap time? Do give it some thought if you do feel that it's affecting well-being.

I do believe that at this age, they really should be going for classes not just for social reasons but also because they are absorbing. It makes sense. But I guess we also have to see if timing fits into their schedule and how the child is taking to the class.

Lamb: i think toddlers all have boundless energy and need lots of activities to keep them well occupied or else, like you said, furniture n books get destroyed!

The thing with shichida is it's a sitdown class. He can sit thr for a while then he will fidget n wanna get out of his seat. But thank God he's not the only one like that! Anyway, the more I think abt it, the more I think shifting to weekday makes more sense, at least frees up time during weekends for family activities. Will see wat the hubby thinks ;)

TGIF mummies!

cheerieheart> DH was asking me whether shld send our son to Shicida sometime back..heard frm my neighbour tat it is not bad but discontinued after a few months cos too costly, since u changing to weekdays, will it be cheaper?

I'm bringing LO to the Bird Park tis sunday since he always..'bird bird'..put him at the right place to 'bird' huh..heehee..gg to try the zoo next mth..tis is the 1st time i ever bring him out other then neighbourhood playground, shopping mall, wet market..gg to check out the JBP webby on the show time nw..mmm..

cheerieheart

Ohhh I get what you mean now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also can't tell before my girl wants to pee.

Previously I know she'd keep very still & then I know she's peeing.

For peeing some people use 'toilet-timing' , as in if you've gotten him to pee during morning bath, the next time he'll probably pee is a while after breakfast & milk. Then before his nap, then after a nap. I believe the child will learn to associate toilet times with these 'crucial' timings.

You're so right about the proliferation of diapers delaying toilet training. That's why people in china / indo can toilet train their babies - diapers aren't exactly easily available or cheap over there! So cool huh? Then again we live in different cultures. In modern societies, we probably don't have much time to keep bringing child to toilet, so we use diapers. I guess the importance is not to over-dependent on diapers but to use it to our convenience. Have you read The Diaper Free baby by Christina Gross-Loh? It's quite an interesting book.

And I also think Kenan is great to be able to sit and pay attention to a class no matter how short the time may be. I don't think my girl can do that.

Another reason why I'm reluctant to send my kids to enrichment class is also because I know it'll disrupt our already short weekends. bad hor. I'm hoping I'll gather enough courage & effort to start my son on some mandarin classes on Sundays.

firipy> so cute eh..

smalldreams> thanks for the link.

wah.. mandarin classes.. way to go. take note that for language classes to be effective, there must be lots of practise and not just within the classroom setting.

lamb> YX uses the pacifier for naptime and bedtime. I was also thinking to wean him off when he's a little older. However, lately there were a couple of times where he took the pacifier out to talk and the tossed him out of the cot. When he tried to look for it, I'll tell him 'no more'. He didn't fuss and managed to sleep without it. Perhaps I shall see how he fares during naptime without a pacifier this weekend.

I also tell myself to take it as spending time with him to watch him doze off. At times, it can take up to an hour and like you, I have tons of things to do, like preparing his meals for the next day, having my dinner, etc... that my patience begin to run thin. I have no complains if it's anything below 30 minutes or I do not have a list of things to do for that evening.

Oh.. YX used to like a nursery app on my iPhone. in fact, I like that app very much. it's basically nursery rhymes with some animation. he can slide to activate my iPhone, but needs my help to find the app. after that, he can navigate within the app to select the songs that he wants. nowadays he has lost some interest in it so i think i will let him take a rest from it.

smalldreams> most of the time, my boy will 'shiver' before he pees..wonder if most of the boys same here..

i took off his diaper yesterday nite..for 10mins..n i saw pools of urine everywhere..the next moment...worse came..his poo on the floor! DH was @$@*#!@(*#^ me y never let him wear diaper..i was laughing off..potty train mahh..but not on potty..haha..

cheerieheart> i bought an individual potty at kiddypalace for my son, he tot is for him to ride on since there is tis stand for him to rest his hands (like a ride on type)..end up he played wif the potty n refuse to sit on it..

cocoMama

Ya lor, I know that. Reinforcement is important at home too right? how did u pick up BM?

I've got a Tamil speaking colleague who picked up Mandarin coz her mom sent her for classes when she was young. No other exposure at home! I also have a malay friend who took mandarin and scored F9 all the way. but at least she can speak & write the language. I thought that was cool.

MamaD

Oh gosh, i can imagine the chaos! lol. Next time u remove the diaper, I think you can only do it when you're VERY SURE he has just peed or pooped. If not, it's a very risky behaviour. Sometimes I give my girl 'diaper-free' time. After a pee, I let her walk around in just shorts, sans diapers. hehehe let the private area 'breathe' a bit. Sometimes I think i'm quite insane & ridiculous hehehe..

Once I wasn't sure A has peed during her bath & I just propped her on the bed. A while later I noticed a warm & wet spot on my bed. Yep, she peed on the bed. Haiz...

I think most kids would shiver after peeing right? There were some times when A would lead me to bathroom and patted her diaper. When i removed, she'd pee. But this happened rather rarely lah.

cheerieheart,

I've always admired mom who have patience to homeschool their kids at this age because they're everywhere. I can never sit down with Nat and start teaching her things. I did try to structure learning times with her before only that with age, she gets more agile and it's harder. So these days, if she shows interest in books and brings to me, I'll sit down and read with her and teach her. But otherwise, forget it. I believe I have also shared here before that I'm not that sorta mom who has the patience to educate my child, I'd rather send her to school.

I can take care of her needs, discipline her but just not be her educator for some reason. Plus I'm not a creative person by nature, it is hard for me to engage with her on a fun learning experience. I'd very much rather leave that to teachers. Ha. I have seen how much my friends' kids have benefitted in preschools and how much they love school. To them, not being in school is actually punishment.

And I am deeply encouraged because these schools have such great programmes. You know at Nat's music class, she can never sit still for 45 mins. But of course, moving around the class is encouraged as it's music and movement class. And more importantly, she enjoys the classes. It's something we both look forward to every week. It sure beats being at home and destroying everything in sight!

So yes, if you can afford the time, do try to shift classes to weekdays. Really takes the heat off rushing during weekends.

cocomama,

It might be a sign that YX can do away with the paci already ... do keep up with this routine and see if he's ready to wean off. For Nat, I dun see that coming yet. So I'm just gonna continue giving to her. Okay ... for Nat and her iTouch, she actually has spent enough time on it to recognise which are her favourite apps and what to do within the app. She is so familiar with them that after a while, she just gets bored and frustrated. So I have decided to let her go cold turkey from the iTouch.

And since she hasn't been looking around for it, I take that as a good sign. Ha.

You know, I was at dinner with a mommy friend today and she was just sharing with me about how different gals and boys are made. She said that boys ... are actually much simpler than gals in the sense that they dun get so emotional and sensitive. If they get scolded, they get upset and then move along with other stuff. But for gals, they'll get upset and harbour that kinda ill feelings within.

It's just the way men and women are made differently. And I do find that quite true. When the kids grow older and start establishing friendships, for gals, you have to deal with the bit on having a best friend, feeling belonged to a clique. But for the boys, it's like, 'Oh, you can play ball too? Come join us.' and then they become friends. It's so funny the way she said it but yet there's so much truth in it. So for moms who wished they had daughters ... do think twice, it might be really easier raising boys.

Ha.

tyl, nvm I can save $, hehehehe!

cocomama, yah kinda cute but sometimes it gets abit argghh when they wanna get involved or mimic wat we do.

lamb, A used to always hog on our iphones n my dad wld nag so much abt the radiation n us ruining A's eyesight so I let him go on cold turkey on our iphones too. He will occasionally play with our iphones but nt like b4 where every outing or meal, he must play or watch videos on the iphone.

re: daughters

Cos I dun have 1 so I yearn for 1 but I have frens who tell me, if u wanna be the only lover ur hb have, pls dun have daugthers cos the way dad loves their lil girls is different fr sons. I usually wld tink in the most complex way last time, abt wan or don wan daughter n all the wat ifs, nowadays no time to tink so much!

firipy>ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sorry about it.

a daughter would be v nice i think. but really donno if want no 2...

lsntyl - Are you ready for no.2 at this juncture? If yes ... why not just let nature take its own course? And if have, it's bonus? If dun have ... just take things easy? A gal definitely is nice to have because we're after all women ourselves and would relate better to the same gender.

lamb>donno if ready or not. But if don't have soon, think won't have no2 le. getting old. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

about iphones: I also worry abt radiation, so I limit my boy's usage of it to the bare min. Think also not so gd for the eyes. Thinking of getting an ipad so he can also use it (coz screen bigger)

TYL: when are you going to US? If you're in a new job and be pregnant at the same time, will be a challenge? Do you know what's the sentiments of pple in US towards pregnant working women? Hope it's much better than here!

cheerieheart>donno leh. haven't fixed a date for US yet. anyway, take things one step at a time lah. maybe I won't go if I get preggers again.

firipy>forgot to ask if you redeemed for the extra hugtown stamps? after redemption, should have enough stamps for a stage 4, i think [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

YL, is the other side flexi about your join date? Yes, really a lot to think about if relocating to US since L wants another one and you have not officially closed factory. Over there, really no support from grandparents. But guess you would have talked things through with him before going for the interview bah. Btw, are you still BFing Ayden?

Mommies,

Can I check with you all, for those of you who have successfully weaned your LOs off the milk bottle, what kinda bottle/cup are they drinking their milk out of? I am planning to wean Nat off the milk bottle and wanna review what are some of the options available.

Tyl, i havnt let A wear the huggies yet So havnt open. cos i bought xl for future use. Lamb, A associates straw cup with water, We ever put milk in, he gave me this weird look n refuse it

lil lamb, why want to wean off milk bottle so fast...just take note that some kids will stop drinking milk once you wean them off...my son is one of them...when we stop him from drinking milk fm bottle, he refused all formula milk totally...prob when you drink wt straw or cup they can smell the milk, some may be put off by that...anyway not every kids are like tat...all the best to you!!!

megan - Thanks for your advice. I will bear that in mind. I have had friends who have successfully weaned their kids off the milk bottle at the age of 1 and some of them are drinking milk from cups before the age of 2. I guess from my pov, I just want her to learn drinking from a cup, be it milk, water or juice. She's already drinking water from a cup so I thought I can introduce milk to her in a cup too. So how old did your kids drink milk from a bottle until?

Morning mummies !!!

little lamb : why need to wean off bottles ?

My frd daugther now abt 3yrs still drink milk from bottle. Cannot meh ?

We only let her drink water from staw cup.

mstan - Nope ... not say cannot. It's more of a personal choice. Some moms are ok with their kids drinking from the milk bottle all the way. But to me, I just want her to not be so dependent on drinking from a milk bottle and actually progress to drinking from a cup.

megan - I see. Okay, but could it also be because he is not keen in milk anymore at that age? I guess for my end, it's more like getting her to be more independent just like how she's learning to feed herself now. But thanks for the advice, will give it good thought.

Lamb: It is good to wean when Nat is ready, I mean no harm trying. For me, Since Arwen is only drinking twice a day from the bottle and she does not seems to be very attached to the bottle anyway, don't think will wean off until she is two or more.

I see my Godson still drinking from the bottle at age of 3 plus ( for his morning milk) and he is very independent kid then. I was very surprised really but my friend just shrugged and say it is a comfort thing for him.

smalldreams> we had a lot of 'motivation' to learn BM. in order to get an overall pass, we must not fail BM. and in order to get a good overall grade, we must at least score a good credit in BM. otherwise, it doesn't matter how well we do in the other subjects. we have BM lessons 5 times a week, plus compositions, etc.. in order to do well, some students even subscribe to specific magazines published in BM. we also speak to our fellow schoolmates in BM. in fact, the non-Malays tend to score a better grade in BM than the native speakers. having said this, please don't be discouraged. if your objective is just to be able to speak and understand simple mandarin, it should be sufficient. just have to be realistic with the expectations.

lamb> i think as mothers we tend to be worried about everything under the sun.. whether it will or will not happen. even for boys there are things to be worried about. if i tell you what my biggest worry is, you might fall off the chair laughing. so, i think best is to just not think too much and enjoy motherhood.

oh.. regarding the switch to cup, one of the issue i have is that cups usually don't have measurements. so, i can't tell how much water to pour in order to make FM. unless i switch him over to fresh milk, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.

firipy> i truly don't get the need to be so insecure. i would rather share my DH's affection with my own daughter than with another woman.

cocomama, all I can say is they tink too much ald! ahhahha! It's a blessing to have kids and to have 1 of each gender is too perfect, hee!

jessie - For me, it's a case of if u never try, you'll never know. Just like how i introduced her a cup to drink water from initially and she wasn't ready, so I took a break from it and then re-introduced to her a few months later and she was better. So i guess I just wanna let her try it out and see if she's ok with it. She's actually still having 3 milk feeds a day. Am planning to cut down the mid-afternoon milk and probably at the same time try getting her to drink from a straw cup to see if she is ok with it. But I am well aware as well that with straw cups, they'll also take longer to drink.

cocomama - Ah yes ... the motherhood path is often entrenched with worries, be it whether we have a son or daughter, that I can agree with you. I have yet to introduce cow's milk as a drink to Nat yet as well. If she can take cow's milk, then I won't have to keep lugging FM over. :p

cocomama and smalldream, i took BM for my A level...learn all the literature...but overall i think it's easier to learn BM than mandarin...my malay neighbour ask me to teach my son BM...

little lamb : basically my girl still very used to having some milk b4 she sleeps....think it's a habit/addiction or comfort for her....;p

I always wanting to cut down on her milk intake but my PIL always grumbled saying that y reduce milk ? I no money to afford milk har ? They keep telling me that since now bb bigger shld drink more milk liao. Tell them now she bigger shld eat more rather than to drink more milk but they will rebuke back saying she dun hv much teeth how to eat ?

Wah lor, she already hv at least 10 teeth liao still not much teeth ?

Then my HB wld said dun rebuke them back & let them feed bb with milk lor.

I juz find MIL getting lazier lazier while looking my bb, always prefer to feed bb milk rather than food.

She still like to feed bb sometimes 4 times milk (600+ml) while I over the wkend feed bb with 3 times milk only (500+ml).

Also she like to feed bb early dinner at ard 5pm or 5+pm. When I having dinner at 7+pm then bb also wat me to feed her....;p

I remembered during my recent cruise trip, we feed bb with lots of food that she dun hv to drink so much milk (only ard 400+ml/day)....;p

I personally feel that as long as u feed bb with enough food, bb can drink 3 times milk (bf, lunch & dinner), dosage can varies depends on amt of food intake.

no time to read through posts. just glance through last 2 posts nia. topic today is about milk?

eh, what's wrong with giving bb more milk if bb wants ar? I let my boy drink as much as he wants. He still takes his 3 meals + snacks. N about 7-8oz of milk 3 or 4 times a day depending on his mood. Don't intend to cut back unless he doesn't want to drink cos don't see need to... or am I missing something?

megan>what is BM? I thought breastmilk but figured cannot be. :p sorry, if I'm slow. probably missed some posts that explain what it is.

Oh yes, I super bo tahan my SIL & MIL sometimes.

My SIL is living with my PIL so by right she shld take initiative to help her parent to do some stuffs rather my HB.

My HB always very gd-was thinking of bringing his parents for a short getaway (not 1st time liao).

My PIL passport already expired.

By right my SIL can easily help them take pic at hm (juz use a digital camera & take over the white wall only wat) & submit to renew passport, right ? Not that difficult wat ?

My HB hv to ask my PIL abt their passport & help my MIL to take pic when she come over. I suggest MIL to ask SIL to help PIL to take pic & email my HB so that he can help to sumit to renew but my MIL so defensive for my SIL saying she is busy no time.

Wah lor, she single & mostly everyday will come back hm after work still no time ?

We hv to look after bb everyday still hv to help them do this & that.

My HB always very 'chim cai' & will do for his PIL wan. But imagine asking my FIL to juz come over our hse to take pic I find a bit stupid wat, so suggest SIL to help PIL take pic only wat & email over to my HB, simple task to do only wat. My HB still help to renew for them.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that my SIL always a free-loader & always eat free.

My HB hv habit that during special occassions like his parents bdays, mother's day, father's day etc will bring them out to eat.

My SIL will always tag along, order either most expensive food or 1 of the most expesive food & eat for free. She never volunteer to pay back or to share cost wan.

Recently she hv lesson on sat & we going out for lunch (for mother's day). After ordering her food, she 'ordered' my HB saying she cant make it in time for her lesson & wat my HB to send her to class after lunch.

Wah lor, in the 1st place she knows she hv lesson y still join us for lunch ?

Over the past 7.5yrs, I only remember SIL only treat my HB & myself once at a cheap cafe.

Oh yes, during the last tax submission, my SIL go & submit for both her parents tax relief when all along over the yrs, my HB & SIL will claim for 1 parent each. And the best thing is she tell my MIL to inform my HB. When my HB ask why she claim for both parents, she told my MIL saying that becos we can claim on our child.

Wah liao, our child is our child leh. Becos with a child our expenses very high. In addition, not as if my HB dun gv allowances to his parents.

In fact he gv more than my SIL (especially more to my MIL).

So I tell him next yr he shld claim for both parents & he said he will.

Hee....sorry that I grumbled so much as I always wat to say out abt my SIL but dunno to say or not ?

YL> u mean Ayden is drinking close to 720ml to 960ml of milk plus 3 meals + snacks? i would praise my boy if he is like yours!

mstan> haha..who can compare lazy MIL than mine...did not even bother to feed lunch (i prepared tat day) to my boy..did not even let him drink milk n dun even bother to call me if my boy is picky abt his lunch n wat to supplement..she jus let him zzz for 3hrs tat afternoon..after he woke up (i was back frm appt) she oso never let him drink water, jus show off to neighbours tat grandson here...i told DH..he oso disappointed why his own mother dunno hw to take care of toddler??? 1st time ask her to take care of my boy while DH & i went for dental..tink still hve to ask my own mother or sibling to help..

mamaD>about bah. we never really count. I really want to know why some are cutting down milk feeds though. I thought its good if they can drink more...

but my son still looks skinny even though he can eat/drink a lot. at his last checkup, his weight was only 50th percentile but his height was 90th percentile. my friend actually thought he was underweight :p

ok, gotta go back to rushing work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope can pop back later

megan> i think BM is also easier than English.

lsntyl> BM = Bahasa Malaysia, i.e. the Malay language.

oh.. the reason to cut back on milk is so that they do not get full up on milk and not be able take much solid. the idea is for them to get most of their nutritional needs from solid. the other reason that i read about is that too much calcium can interfere with iron absorption.

if Ayden's solid intake is not affected, it should be fine to let him drink his milk. YX sometimes eat more and sometimes drink more. as long as over a period of a few days, his solid intake is not affected, i just let him be.

tyl> from what i know, above 18mth old should not be drinking more than 720ml of milk each day, rationale is so that they will have enough solid intake for nutrients as nutrients from milk is not enough. I suppose if ayden is drinking a lot of milk but yet eating the necessary portion of food then it's ok. cos i know some babies drink a lot of milk but solid wise not adequate.

mstan> there are all sorts of ppl. oh well.

littlelamb> i wanted to also change from milk bottle to straw or cup because i was afraid she becomes to reliant on it, but now that she only has 3 milk feeds a day and it seems easier to me to wash bottle than straw and also she doesnt seem to rely on him, so i decided to not wean her off. I think I will wean when she starts drinking fresh milk from the cup, easy to wash.

lsntyl> eh.. Ayden is tall leh.. what is his height? i sometimes bring YX to the 2 different GPs nearby and they seems to measure differently. at one point, one GP measured him shorter than he was at the previous measurement as the previous measurement was taken by the other GP.

but he is consistenly at the 90th percentile for his weight despite many people telling me that he slimmed down a lot.

cocomama/melissa>understood. ok lah, his solid intake not really affected. for lunch/dinner, he can still eat quite a lot, if he's interested in the food. sometimes he just wants to play like today when my parents brought him to ikea. :p but he made up for not eating as much lunch by requesting for biscuits around 2+.

cocomama>eh, don't remember exact number. height was taken when he was 15 months at the poly when he went for his mmr jab. only rem wad percentile he is in :p

YL> Ayden is 11-12kg alreadi? guez is his tall built tats y yr friend tot he is under weight..i tink he is eating veri well leh..my boy eats half of wat Ayden is taking..hehe..500ml milk + 1 to 2 snacks + 2.5 meals...

i hve been adding vege puree into his HB cereal breakfast for a week (yes,he is eating like a baby n not a toddler) but tis is the best i can do to ask him to eat his veg..better than him puking out..remembered one author said every toddler is different but as long as we can find a method to feed his 5 types of fruits/vege a day, we r on the track..or rather i'm on the track...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mstan : Hugs.. really difficult when come to family. I know easy to say but seriously your problem is not the very worst I heard. LOL. Just do your best and within your means. Sometimes have to be at the losing end one., us DIL.

My SIL give birth 6 months back cos she and DH are twins. She back then was like "my brother has a baby, I also want!!!" Then when her checkup show she is having a baby boy, she was so depress cos she wants a girl "just like her brother". I mean er, they are both 30 years old lor!. Sibling rivalry between these two still going on ! I know when I go back to France, Arwen and her baby will be compare to death , I won't ask my MIL to help at all, I mean just leave me alone and go help your daughter cos your daughter abit psycho one!

As for milk, I think Arwen takes like 600 mls a day now. She takes 3 meals and 1 snack . Seriously if Lamb did not mention weaning off bottle, it did not even cross my mind man. Made me dig out my Baby book and check. But seems like some kids really attach to bottle, those better to wean by 18 months before they get smarter and smarter.

cocomama : YX is a hunk lor. Arwen now 12.4kg .. people here all think she is 24 months old. Abit paiseh.. but then again, really really did not feed her much liao wor. LOL.

mamaD>when we weighed ayden last sun, he is about 11kg. but our weighing is v imprecise. hubby step on scale without him, then step back with him n we calculate the diff. :p

ayden refuses to take his HB cereals now. for breakfast, we normally give him oats but will alternate with hi-fibre bread and whatever breakfast items hubby and I happen to be eating. lunch/dinner is normally porridge/rice with whatever ingredients my mom is cooking. she will drop carrots/brocolli flowers/green veg/sweet potato/pumpkin into the porridge sometimes to cook together and serve that to him. snacks are whatever I buy for him, biscuits, fruits. he esp likes to munch on apples that we have deskinned for him. I think he just likes different textures. maybe u can try? I find he will eat more if we vary the food so we try to give him different items like chee cheong fun, noodles, pasta etc during weekends.

jessie>arwen is a sweetie lor. want to see more pix of her!

>< I better get back to work. really need to rush out a paper if I'm to go home on time.

Back