(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

yuki>hugs. so happy for you that your mom and chris are better now. must have been really stressful. but you pulled through it. Yay! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Personally, I think you should get a carrier rather than a sling. at least distribute the weight between both shoulders and your back. I think best to go to the novena bb carrier shop to try on the carriers and see which you like best. They have quite a few different brands. xin got boba, wendy has manduca and I've got pikkolo. all 3 brands are stocked there. ergo is really popular too but they don't stock it. think its available at one of the baby shops at paragon. maybe you can bring chris to try. most important is he's comfy in them.

actually hor, I think xin or wendy might still have the babywearer's priviledge card which entitles you to 10% discount when you purchase another carrier within 6 months after you've purchased your 1st carrier. the card can only be used once. Perhaps you can borrow their card, get the 10% then pass the new card they will issue you back to them? win-win for both of you cos you get 10% and the validity of their card is extended. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] more info here. http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/babywearer_privilege_card

yuki>I'm not lah! I've only used 2 carriers - pupsik and pikkolo. haven't had the chance to try the rest yet. stil tempted by ergo!

yuki10 - Whoa, Chris is very smart, can point to body parts liao. Nat just started pointing but very on and off, not all the time. Like when I ask her where is the clock, she'll point but not everytime. I agree with lsntyl that it's better to get a carrier. Actually I've been using the ergo for the longest time and no complains. I kinda gave up on the MIM sling after Nat didn't like it. Maybe i'm just not skilled enough when using it lah. Hehhehe.

smalldreams - for some weird reason, i dreamt i went to your place last nite with Nat and DH, went to collect something at your place and even saw Adam. Damn weird when I have never met you before. LOL.

sp_callalily & xin - Well yeah, I think I just wanted to make sure she can eventually do it lah ... especially when it seems like such an easy feat for everyone else! But these days, my helper and I do notice that she's more willing to 'walk' and cruise as opposed to crawling. Hopefully it's an indication of her wanting to walk soon.

little lamb

hahaha, that's so cute of you.

Do you even know how I look like? :p

I think you miss us lah, altho you've never met

us, except Jessie.

Think Yang is back here, but I'm not sure abt Andi. was thinking of her & Emma too.

Hope her dog's alright.

smalldreams - Yah ... maybe missed you gals. I mean, this thread is seldom active these days. Missed the good ol' days where everyone was busy discussing about their LOs. Now wondering where everyone disappeared to. No! I dunno how you look like of course. Which was why it seemed rather weird.

lamb>most moms are more active in fb these days, i think.

If you miss us, we can always try to organise a playdate when you are back, if you are interested. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

C.Yang is back in SG and she'll be coming to the baby bash. Not sure where andie is. Prob busy?

lamb>not all lah. but most bz mah. fb easier cos can see photos and mass chit chat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh yuki, glad tat both ur mom and Chris are ok now...my maid same prob stomach so pain, stay in hosp for 3 days did all test but show nothing wrong...it's tough for you to juggle so many things together...

being a woman really not easy....haha everything we need to look into and juggle...work, family, household...haha our job really not easy!!! we are wife, daughter, mother, sister,employee and employer (those wt maids)....sometimes come home fm work we want to hv a rest but just can't cos we need to check on our kids, teach them, somemore need to make sure household is in order, those wt maid still need to handle maid when they gv u prob...Woman...we are really strong and tough!!!

Hi all,

like to share an incident i witnessed during lunch which made me upset. There was this table meant for 4. This group of 3 young people chope that table. 2 of them went to buy food, and one jaga the table. Then a frail old man (abt 80yo) with a walking stick asked if he could sit on the same table, the girl said yes, but only one seat. So the old man put his walking stick, and sat down.

Then the friends came back and demanded that the old man move away. The old man tried to clarify that he was only taking one seat, which was told to him as available. The young man then started to shout,'I came here first, this is my seat, you go away!' the whole foodcourt could hear him.

The old man then moved feebly to another table.

Is it a failure of parental upbringing, or society or self? This young man, his ego is too big for him.

For sure, I don't want to bring up my kids like that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hahah dropping by to say Hello!!

Grace> thats so smart of little chris..kids these days are really smart!! Glad that ya mum is better now.. guess its impt to have insurance these days, medical bills are really costly.. i cant imagine paying $3500 in cash, boy!

Furby>Thats so bad of this young man! he shld be really ashamed of himself... i cant imagine my children doing this..

Yuki> glad ur mum & lil chris are ok.

Megan> agree we had lots to do.

Am very fortunate my mum helps look after Letty & did most of the housework.

Furby> So horrible this young man... If i am his fren sure scold him & walk away!!

Buay paisey to shout mae???

Furby

that was so terrible [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Were you at Fork & Spoon just now?

That young man is so able-bodied now,

wait till he hits 80 years old.

But with a temper liddat, he might not last that

long.

Furby, that man so disgusting! In the first plc he dun own that seat, eats wrong with sharing a seat tsk!!! I wld be so upset if someone treat my grandpa tat way, maybe he dun have much interaction with old folks. Maybe karma returns in form of being chased away by his own grandkid

pauline> get 2nd hand cars must get from pple you know. coz 99.9% will change the odometer even though they claim it's not changed. my hb did some research and dont dare to buy. but now my fren's hb is dealing with 2nd hand cars if you interested.

but let your hb get well first ba. he still resting at home?

furby> these days young people really terrible. yesterday got an elderly woman about 60 complain about how she ask a young person in school uniform to give up seat for a preg lady and the young one ask her back why dont you give up your seat. sighz. but the old lady v fierce, ask her which school she come from then the person scared. haha.

MamaD, thanks for the tip off. I only found out last night after the gals slept cos finally got time to read the papers. But now with no car, and we are only partially mobile, very difficult to stock up on MP. Maybe buy 1 or 2 packs then wait for the next sale.

Xin, thanks, please PM me your friend's hb contact. Is his shop in the kaki bukit area? There are many 2nd hand car marts there, near to my mum's house. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Furby, so disgusted by the young person's behaviour. If I were there, I will have scolded the boy, bully the old uncle like that. Just now, I was at the polyclinic with hubby cos he needs to change his bandage, there were 2 people in front of us but they couldn't get the queue ticket cos they didn't know need to tap very hard on the touch screen. Then 1 woman just came forward and try to touch the screen ie. 'jumping queue' ahead of us. I told her that we are all queuing and she backed off. The Malay woman carrying a toddler in front of me turned around and thanked me. No wonder my mum always say I'm a fierce woman. :p

Pauline, my mum almost quarrel with a man abt 40s liddat in mrt. Mum was stand at the side of the mrt door with A in stroller. This man cut across my mum n stand infront of the door like scared can't get into mrt liddat! My mum so competitive n angry rush with the man to enter the mrt. I purposely tell my mum nt to bother abt such no feng du man! N inside mrt sitting in priority seats r all young n abled ppl.....

thanks to mummies and this forum, for this little space to vent our frustrations!

btw, the disgusting man is not that young, look like in his early 30s, and working

Have you guys ever felt like a failure when your kid fell? Today Arwen climb on the couch on her own and I was just beside her , thinking it is safe but she decided to flip backwards and fell , her head hit the wooden floor.

She brawls and cry like mad but was okay, I am watching her for any danger signs. Still, I feel so sian lor.. like wah liao, this week, she bump her head a few times liao leh and now this..

Like I am a careless mother lor.. so sad to see her cry ..

firipy, hehe, my hubby is Mr Nice Guy like you, the only time I saw him using his fierce tone at other people was when a boy was playing at the park with his friends and threw the ball in the direction of the pathway, nearly hitting RaeAnne. :/

furby, aiyoh, early 30s still like that, his own father should be also around the old uncle's age right? So ungracious. :p

Jessie, poor Arwen, know how you feel. Felt that way when Raelynn fell backwards a few times while both me and the maid were in the house.At least your floor is wooden, lesser impact, mine is ceramic tiles, she cried for long time. No choice but to be more careful next time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I hope it's not a falling day, letty also fell from my bed at night n e worse is I dun even know she crawled over me to my bed from her cot!!! I woke up in shocked from her super loud cry n everyone in e house came running in my room. Lucky she was fine.

Jessie> Arwen will b fine, dun blame yrself...mine is granite floor, u can imagine my LO has mastered Shaolin Iron Head..

Pauline> I tink i read yr DH's comic when i preggy, it helped me go thru my 'sad' days..i did not buy but borrowed frm library..aiyoh can't remember the comic name but the contents filled me wif laughter..wats his nick?

hey mummies,

nvr log on for v long...jessie, cy, mamad...falling is part of growing up..think it happens to almost all babies...

T1 & T2 for sure fell from sarong before..keke..T3 juz mastered crawling up the coffee table..at danger of falling bakwards too..always hear maid screaming..juz haf to be vigilant...

pauline,

hope you & your hubby a speedy recovery..it is horrible experience but also a wakeup call to treasure life & family more yeah..

furby,

yah sometimes in this type of situations, i will purposely embarrassed the young fella. not like i am v self righteous, but i haf my fair share of accidental inconsideration too...like not able to tell an early pregger & give my seat...but i ever scorned loudly at youngsters who take seats from the needy..till they do it...or take my phone and cam them till they gave up.

TYL,

sorry for not turning up at Ayden's party...really down wif bad throat infection...but the photos were lovely!!

MamaD, my hubby published a series of motivational books with self drawn cartoons. Which book did u read? For his books, he just used his name no nick ie Teo Aik Cher. The name he used for newspaper comics is 郁之, his Chinese name. Why u said 'sad' days?

Hi Mummies,

I have a tin of Mamil Gold Stage 2 to let go.

400g at $12.

Giving away a set of quality weaning bowl with spoon free.

Take away all the above in a nice pink paper bag worth $4.50

Contact [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5046620.jpg]

jessie

yah, falling and accidents are part of growing up. No amount of vigilance can prevent one.

Once my no.1 was baby, she fell onto the rough concrete and bloodied her nosebridge. when i came back from work in evening, she still behaved very happy though i heartpain.

Thanks girls, A is fine today but I super paranoid, now tagging her wherever she goes. Falling is part and parcel of growing up but this week, she really knock her head quite a few times eh. Haiz..

Cy, hope Letty is fine ~

NEED HELP!

Funny qn I know but living in SH for too long liao and most of the time it is not good weather, I forgot how to dress A in hot weather liao!

What you guys let your LOs wear during the day huh?

jessie>hugs. don't be too upset. ayden knocks his head all the time.

we dress him normally in either a shirt/one-piece and his diapers. If we're going out, then pants. :p SG is a bit chilly these days though so we're actually giving him more warm clothes.

furby>aiyoh, that guy is so bad. how can he treat the old man like this.

babe>no probs lah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I understand.

jessie,

usually tytus go out in sleevless tee...and berms...i specially love to dress him in sleevless romper too!...

for my eldest dotter..when she was a baby..its always sphaghetti strap romper / carters..& i will bring thin cardi if need to bein aircon..

furby> I will walk up and scold that man in his 30s for shouting at the old man....Yeah, dun quite understand some people nowadays....Wait till they are old...

Jessie, CY and mummies> Hey, it is very important to teach our LO how to come down from the couch and bed safely. I taught Lucas to come down using his legs first, then kept reminding him leg first, pointing to his legs or my legs...Nowadays, I am not so worried if he climbs onto the couch or bed liao coz I am sure he can come down safely....Lucas is walking very stably now and has even learnt how to run which really scares me at times.

luvbabe: Arwen already know how to come down by leg first liao but sometimes it is like she has no understanding yet about space! She will suddenly decide to flop back without a thought . Many times she does that but on bed so not so bad but this time off the couch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] . I better reinforce her again and again!

Ok, thanks girls, better got get some sleeveless for her, cos her stuff now mostly long sleeve!

Jessie> Yeah...he has learnt how to walk very fast and quickly and to the extent of running these 2 days.... Actually once he learnt how to walk, he seldom crawls liao..

Jessie, Lamb

Whoa, you mean it's now getting warmer in SH already? That's a huge weather change! One moment you're frozen, the next you're thawed big time, lol.

Anyway, I'm like BBchic too. I'm a fan of singlets & sleeveless rompers. My kids also don't sleep with long-sleeved tops until recently as the nights in singapore were recently verrrryyy verrrry cold (or maybe it's just me). And for the 2nd time, I bought long-sleeved PJs for my kids.

Luvbabe

Hey babe I wanted to ask you, what is the Kidzstyle shoe trade-in promotion about? I feel like buying shoes for lil A. She has soooo many pairs that people gave as gifts but all are too huge! She's wearing a combi (probably a combi rip-off) I bought through Jessie's taobao spree...which will probably be outgrown soon :D TIA.

I'm up early on sunday morning coz I was up at 6 am as lil A felt warm. Hmmm...

smalldreams, luvbabe,

are the older siblings treatg A, L nice?? T3 likes to beat & snatch toy from T2...and T2 scolded him stoopid baby dat day..worry 1 day T2 cannot control will beat T3....but of coz T1 is very nice to T3..

Babe, Letty also fell from sarong once.. lucky we cushion the floor. Now she smart liao, when wake up she sit up & wait for us to carry her out.

Luvbabe, Letty knows hows to get down from our bed. Our storage bed is super high & 1 leg she will step on the bed & slowly slide down.

Jessie, thanks she is fine. I must be too tired tat i didnt even realised she crawled over my body to my bed.

Smalldreams, I have the DISCOUNT card for Kidzstyle! If needed,can arrange a meetup in suntec this week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, If my place is fully cleaned can hav playdate either 27 or 28 Jan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Cant wait !! Hehee

Babe, Wave!! U woke up so early ... hehee

LOL, usually i heard is elder beat younger leh.. My colleague son(6yes) pinched her sister(infant)in the room & e lil sis suddenly cried super loud. Asked him if he did anything to lil sis he denied & later was caught by daddy.

T3 so fierce ar ?

Fatbabe, hiaz, Raeanne pushes n beats Raelynn too, usually when Mei Mei tries to invade her space, follow her around or touch the toy she is playing with. Occasionally, also because she sees RL doing something she thinks is dangerous eg Stand too near to tv or trying to eat some small toy. We always talk to n punish her but severity of punishment depends on the reasons n how long Mei Mei cries lor. :p

smalldreams> The Kidstyle promotion is just trade in any old pair of shoes for a direct $20 off the new pair. Quite worth it. Not sure if promo is still on tho'. Since Cindy has the discount card, should borrow from her.

Babe> T3 is so fierce ah..knows how to beat and snatch toy from T2. Luis for now still loves his lil brother quite a lot...We always have to explain to him that Lucas is still young and still can't talk and walk stably as yet, so he will have to be a good kor-kor to protect and take care of him. Think his patience is probably running out soon too coz Lucas, on the other hand, is the one who always hit Luis and destroy his building blocks, etc.... I think we will just have to keep explaining and talking to him lor.

Cindy> Glad that Letty is ok. Let me know when you are coming down to Suntec, maybe we can meet for lunch. When are you shifting into your new house?

Hi all, After reading abt bb fell dwn,next sec my boy fell rite onto the parquet flr with my mum. We r super vigilant but my boy is super active. My tailbone very aching ald after going after hum. He cruise all over the hse, climb up n dwn fr coffeetable, sofa. My bed also storage kind, he hang there n slide dwn.... Once legs touch grd he cruises ard the bed or crawls away! Most of the time he us ok but when he get excited he will slip n fall. Only way is let him learn the hard way cos I really watch him like a hawk ald.

Back