(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

ecookie - Thanks for sharing the info on gainIQ. Will ask my mom to stock up for me. Hehhe. Are you referring to the 900gms?

lamb>I don't use gainIQ so don't know for sure which is cheapest but I saw promos for it at NTUC and Sheng Siong (I think) in the grocery ads in the papers today too. Maybe can ask your mom to double check? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lsntyl & smalldreams - Oooh, thanks for sharing. But will NTUC fairprice site show discounted prices? Coz' 3 to 4 dollars per tin is a lot of savings.

Hi mommies,

I am a little concerned. Nat still hasn't quite picked up clapping. I mean she can wave, she can shake her head etc. But she just doesn't seem to clap despite us showing her repeatedly. I am concerned because I don't know if this is an important milestone. Can I have some of your thoughts on this?

lamb>I went to kope the ST from my boss' desk while she's out for lunch to help you check. Paiseh, gave wrong info. NTUC's offer is for GainIQ Kid which is for older children, I think.

Sheng Siong, however, is selling GainIQ at $57.95 for the 1.8kg tin

lamb>personally I think it ok. But then you know I'm much more laid back. Ayden doesn't wave or shake his head. He simi claps with one hand open and 1 hand closed. A bit like doing the gongxi gongxi action. I think they'll pick it up in time bah

yl, I walked past Gogo bambini when I went to Dempsey with hubby. I heard good reviews about it but I think the location quite very inaccessible if got no car. not many taxis go in there too. :p I prefer polliwogs at east coast park cos easier to get adult n children food in the cafe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

littlelamb, Raelynn cannot clap upon request too. she can say quite a few words though but she's an early dec baby so should be faster.

Pauline>I went gogo bambini for a birthday party once. ok lah. quite a lot of stuff for children to play and the birthday kids seemed to really enjoy themselves. We took bus to bottom of dempsey and walk up leh. :p went back the same way. the food was so-so. from a cursory glance at the menu, its standard cafe food for adults and children

haven't had chance to go polliwogs so can't compare.

TYL

I think Sheng Siong sells formula at prices cheaper than many other supermarket. But still must survey lah. For diapers, I like to go to Good Luck Supermarket in Geylang Serai. Huggies Dry Comfort only $16.90 per 66pc pack. Can't beat NTUC's $18.90 per pack even with special offer.

Brought my then 16 mth old son there but

I found the kids who frequented that place

were really rough. And my son was already quite rough to begin with! lol.

Little Lamb

Maybe she just doesn't like clapping.

Does she hold things, grasp stuff in her hands?

Keep singing If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands?

smalldreams>you bought from luvbabies before? They're quite cheap. Huggies dry comfort is now $16 per big pack, if I remember correctly. http://www.luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/huggies.html

There's another online site that sells it even cheaper at $14.80 but I can't remember what its URL is. :p

Normally, I'll combine purchase with xin so can hit free delivery. she

lamb>you can consider asking your mom to order milk powder/diapers/groceries from www.luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg too. got free delivery if can hit $200. Prices for Gain here. http://www.luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/gain.html

smalldreams>hee, ayden doesn't like if you're happy and you know it. donno why he likes baa baa black sheep a lot.

are all kids rough at indoor playgrounds? too excited? Now that you say, I recall seeing some boys jump off the wall at gogo bambini. quite dangerous. donno why their parents never supervise them

yl, oic, didn't know there is bus there. but then, we r so lazy to carry Raeanne n walk cos she is already 3 yrs old, quite heavy for us. but it'll be quite tiring for her to walk up the slope. remember the drive in was about 5 mins when we drove there last time.

Polliwogs cafe food is not bad but not cheap. :p

TYL

Wow, that's really cheap! But must buy in bulk then worth it rite? Shows how much diaper manufacturers profit!

Oh A likes Twinkle2 Little star & if we sing the ABC song, she'll also open and close her palms, haahahah, same tune different lyrics.

I think the ones in Peekaboo, Polliwogs, & Explorer kids not so bad coz they're mostly local singaporean kids. Gogobambini is located not in the heartland areas...it also just so happened when I went there, the bunch of angmoh kids there were really uber-excited & just burrowed their way through during play.

smalldreams>hee, ok lah. I buy 3 or 4 packs a time. everybit of savings can add up mah. now, my house got a lot of diapers so won't get for a while.

the rough boys I saw at gogobambini were locals! The few angmoh kids I saw there were quite well behaved maybe cos their parents were standing there watching them? donno where the parents of the local boys were from.

smalldreams: i buy huggies comfort for day n ultra for night use for my boy. i buy from online. only $15 per pack if u purchase 5 bags at 1 go. free delivery too. only that u have to wait a week or 2. cos group delivery to area. u interested? i can send u the link!

little lamb: its for 1.8kg tin. NTUC also having sale but guardian is $1+ more discount compared to NTUC haha. not sure abt sheng shiong. but if at $57+ SS would be cheapest!

lsntyl: i love stocking up whens theres a sale!! so i have 15-16 tins of milk powder (all 1.8kg!) for my 2 boys (Gain IQ & Gain Kids) LOL.

and diapers! i have maybe 10-12 packs too... myhb said our hse like grocery shop LOL.

little lamb: yr knows how to clap but refuse to wave bye bye!! he did it a few times when he was 10m+ then suddenly refuse to do so liao. dun know why! and until now only at most say papa and bao bao and not on cue one. abit worried abt his speech developmt cos my elder boy can say mama, papa, ball, per (for apple) etc at 1 yo already...

lsntyl - Wahhaha, thanks for the lobangs. I'll get my mom to check Sheng Siong out then. Think Sheng Siong always has the best deals. Even for our CNY drinks, we always lug from there.

smalldreams & pauline - Yeah, maybe she doesn't like to clap her hands. But it's such an important social skill, don't you think? I mean, when they go to school and sing songs or when we sing happy birthday at parties, she just can't clap and it makes me wonder why, desite us showing it to her. :S I've sung the 'If you're happy and you know it song' to death and she still doesn't wanna clap. She basically it's just not strong on imitating others. She'll do it at her whims and fancies.

ecookie - @ least YR has done before. I have read that after they have mastered a sign, they'll stop as they know they've learnt and they'll not do it again. As for Nat, she has never started on clapping. So I dunno. As for speech, she says mama and baba and babbles a whole great deal. But on and off, I do hear her imitating a few words after she's heard them. Not very sharp but she tries.

Finally pop in for a short while.....;p

ecookie : I also stock up lots of diapers at hm....;p....think got > 10packs too.....;p

Heee....I hv not stock up too much milk powder yet....so far only enough to last for avg 1mth or most 2mths......;p.....think need to stock up stage 3 milk liao.....;p

Re : milestones

My bb can clap & shake her head abt 1 mth back liao but she only wave gd bye when she likes it.

Oh she loves to listen to the songs on my hb iphone.....;p

Btw, where else can get free baby songs for iphone ? Besides the normal ones which my hb already download.....;p

smalldreams : oh yes, my bb also loves twinkle twinkle stars song & can open & close her fingers when she hear the song.

She also loves a particular counting song on her fisher price turtle toy, can press the button again & again to listen....;p

But my bb still cant talk leh.....or think she's too lazy to talk.....;p...always said "ark".....;p

smalldreams, my boy had been wearing L for pampers,huggies n fitti premium for quite some times ald. He is on M for mamypoko n drypers pullup pants.I dun like drypers wee dry cos gets rash everytime we use it even if he only pee jus twice or thrice...plus the tape super noisy, I rather use pet2,cheaper than drypers.

xin/bryest, I cant imagine going bk to wk too....tho I dunno when but I tink having own $ is really much better than asking fr hb....

lamb, I tink Nat dun like to clap, babies nowadays got mind of their own one hahhaha! Wait till she does it willingly 1 day, my boy only claps at 8 mths old, teach him since he was like 5 mths old till I give up n he learn that thru 1 trial class himself. Issit ard this age they only know hw to shake head, I had been teaching A to nod but he jus stare bk at me. But when he doesnt want something, he can so readily shake head n turn away...

ecookie, my boy oso nvr say much other than, mama,papa,mumm,yeye,ump,baobao. Once in awhile he will say things only like 1 off when he tries to mimic adults. Things like byebye,bus,ball. But most of the time he doesnt wanna tell us wat he wants, he jus shout n cry!!! He mostly only utilise mama, papa n ump(pacifer)

tyl, I m hoping A can master gongxigongxi by cny,he dunno hw to differentiate gongxi n praying...Always do gongxi machiam like hw we ask him to pray ahahaha!

Re : Gd absorbent diapers

I use pampers active at nite.

Basically heard Huggies ultra, pampers active & Mamy Poko are gd & absorbent diapers & suppose to last thru out the nite.

Becos my bb pee alot so I still hv to change diapers for her when we dreamfeed her at ard 11.30-12+am then the diaper can last until 7.30-8pm the next morn if not also cannot last for my bb.

Somehow my hb feels that bb diaper cannot last for 12hrs......;p

Ha....dunno if use huggies ultra or Mamy Poko can last from 9pm - 7+am or not ?

firipy: lil' a is v lihai! its quite alot hes saying here!

yr only eh eh eh and make his mouth v pointy and go "ohhhh" LOL. otherwise, shout n scream for wat he wants! @_@

nowadays he learnign to walk a step or 2 before going down to crawling.. haha.

mstan, I usually on youtube clips on my iphone for my boy to see, I save as favourites. Like, Barney, tweenies, hi-5 alot of videos n songs! Cos ours had been jailbreak so nt sure which r free ones. I tink babytv is free nw, theres alot of games n videos on that apps.

smalldreams, nw I know y my boy does the twinkle twinkle sign when we sing ABC, same tune....hahhahah!I m so blur!!!

ecookie : ultra can last 12hrs at least ?

My gal still pee alot at nite maybe becos she drinks alot.....;p

But ultra like very expensive - more exp than pampers active.....;p

little lamb

nehmind, Nat can tap her feet to the beat instead of clapping her hands. Hehehehe, kidding. Usually when you voice yr worry about Nat not rolling over, not flipping etc, she'll do it very soon! So just wait [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You'll be surprised.

ecookie

long time no see. Woah, 16 tins milk powder? lol! If got war or floods, your boys won't go hungry. You must have a lot of space!!!! I'm amazed *eyespoppedout*

Ms tan

Hahahah, so cute, "ark" Eh I know what u mean. My lil girl always go like that when she's about to climb the stairs at my mom's, or about to enter the toilet at our own place. lol.

Eh why yr a/c always kena reset one?

ecookie,think boys speech development slower than girls... I tink yr is maybe stubbor, he felt he ald knew clapping so no pt showing again kekeke. Maybe cos I m home with my boy so I get to pick up every bit of wat A does. He calls me, my mum n mil "mama".... I dunno who he refers to...but he still prefers to use papa n ump.! Tink our kids r at the age where they like to mimic wat adults say, cos I caught mine repeating wat we say like 1 off thing.

firipy: hope yr will mimic soon. he just like to scream n shout ALOT!

smalldreams: everything in my kitchen cabinet. maybe cos i dun cook so alot of space in kitchen for the tins!

ms tan: can bah. yr wears from 9pm to 7am normally. since change before he sleeps and once he wakes up

smalldreams - hurhur ... yah ... i hope so lor. But I've been worrying abt this clapping thing for months! Now that she's turned 1, i lagi worry ...

ecookie : mmm.....maybe can try a few pcs of huggies ultra to see how ? But price like more exp than pampers active....so cost-wise....mmm....;p

sweetdreams : haa....when my gal said "ark" then my MIL will say not "duck" lar....chicken lar.....haa....;p

I also dunno why leh ?

Dunno is it becos I post some items on sale on other pple thread so they dun like it so complain then I kena lor.....but I saw other pple also post wat so I follows lor but dunno y I always so unlucky.....;p

firipy - Nat was doing a lot of gong xi gong xi at 10 mths leh ... then now CNY coming, she refused to do it. *faints* I told DH, wrong season leh! Now how to get more ang pows.

little_lamb : at times I also worry abt this & that abt my gal & her development.....but then sometimes I think back diff child hv diff speed of development so they may learn diff things at diff phrase.....some child faster at certain stuff like speech, some in motor skills, some in creative parts.....so when u compare yr child with other sometimes difficult to compare becos yr bb may know certain stuff faster which other child may not, so sort of balanced in some ways.

Of course easier said than done. I still worry abt my bb development becos after all we r living in Spore & Spore is a super competitive ctry......;p

Oh, I heard of a child who dun really want to talk even at 3yrs that the doc wory & advise parent to bring him for speech therapy doc but they dun wat, but now their boy can talk pretty well, so they told me dun worry too much as matter of time they will learn wan.....;p

lamb, i also hope A gets more angbao by showing off the skills, he ends up looking like he is praying to some diety statue lo! I can understand y u worry cos we are with them the whole time n we see it as our "job" to impart some skills to them, our job satisfaction to see them learn ahahha!

mstan, tink u start ur own thread, those ppl who ride on other ppl's thread may end up getting acct lock oso. Jus to play safe, keke

mstan>aiyoh, start your own thread better lah. unless you are posting in the WTB threads.

huggies ultra not that ex during promo.

lamb>you're welcome. luvbabies' milo is quite cheap too. maybe your mom can get some groceries. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

firipy>ayden09 is so cute! ayden10 doesn't really know how to talk yet although some noises he makes sounds like words.

ecookie>wah, you really stock up on a lot. :p

Yl, cos we have no more car. Our car is smashed up after the accident and beyond economic repair. COE is crazy now, so we will wait n see before getting another car. :p

yl, the car cannot claim much cos only get back COE residual value n scrap value. our car is 4.5 yrs old n back then COE was very cheap so only get back $5k. but medical bills can claim. But if we buy another car in future, the premiums will be SKY high! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oh, I did start my own thread in WTB as cannot post in WTS but sometimes after a few days my thread gone/disappear/cannot find.....;(

Hee....I only buy/stock-up my pampers active during promo.....;p

smalldreams> haha. we can all do reviews. :p

my workplace near town. quite far from home. and sure jam everyday. :p

thks all for the encouragement. think i'll really miss going out with mattias and going for playdates. :p

bryest> dont think i can buy more things for mattias. in fact i more stressed coz i'm the sole bread winner. and the one who likes to spend money. so think i'll credit my salary to hb's acct for him to manage.

pauline> hope ur hb gets well soon from his op. COE really ex. unless you all get another second hand car?

littlelamb> i never heard of clapping as a milestone leh. since Nat can do other actions hould be ok ba.

firipy> ayden so clever know how to imitate words. can teach him say chinese. i realise tt it's much easier to copy as its monosyllabus. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

we also trying to teach Mattias to do gong xi gong xi. sometimes, he'll do on his own but not by command yet.

the most funny thing is he do the same action for twinkle twinkle, diaper and milk. and maybe more. still dunno how to get him to differentiate. :p

he always likes to rub his chest. not sure what he trying to say. but these 2 days hb taught him how to 'bathe' himself. and he'll show the actions.

Xin, yup, we did think about getting second hand car but I dun know which car to get and heard that auto gear second hand cars not very good cos gearbox spoilt easily. I'm also worried if the second hand car is no good, then prone to accidents. :p Anyway, my hubby can't drive yet with his bandaged fractured hand so we'll wait and see. Hope that COE will drop lor esp if near election? :p

Pauline, 2nd hand cars r in hot demand nw cos coe is high so it's quite ex to get 2nd hand ones nw..... Hope things change for the better you soon, rest well in the meantime. Tyl, ur A will soon learn all these nitty gritty, all the gd n bad lo. Xin, he is nt very cute lately cos he is Very demanding!!! nw tat mentioned it's really easier to teach some things in Chinese! A likes to turn his hands to tell us " no more" when he drops his stuff n his latest " scare" me. He crawl to 1 of the rm door suddenly stop, stare n cry while patting his chest! We taught him " scare scare " if something shock him by patting his chest. We had to call the locksmith to break the lock tat very same day, even key oso cannot open the lock. Super weird cos no one is in the rm n no one lock the door... So sway gotta spend $40 for nothing n need to get new replacement lock n nob which we put off buying cos I tink all the door locks like got something wrong. So much of my own sg ghost story, nites everyone!

Wow! So many posts! I only have time to scroll thru but no time to post cuz been busy trying to exhaust Aly's energy, adjusting her routine and having to deal with SA in the night the past few nights.

Pauline:

Sorry to hear abt the accident. Sounds bad[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. Hope both you and hubby recovers soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb:

Dun worry too much abt Nat not being able to clap. As xin mentioned, it's NOT a milestone[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. But i can understand why u r concerned. Think for SAHMs like us, we tend to expect more from our kids. I m definitely guilty of this. Hope yr flight back this Sat wont b delayed!!!

Xin:

When r u gg back to work? i dunno when it will ever b my turn!!!But i must say my inclination of wanting to go back to work is less now cuz Aly's getting more interactive & fun to b with. At least, now i dun feel like i m having a monologue most of the time. In the meantime, treasure and enjoy whatever time u have with Mattias[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ms Tan

U tried mamypoko ? My boy sleep fr 6.30pm to 7 plus n use mamypoko no problem n no leakage. I saved a lot of $ using it but diff babies' skin react differently to the diapers materials some get diaper rash using a certain brand but some ok with the same brand so u must try out to find one suitable for your baby.

xin>your workplace near town? maybe we can meet for lunch! :p

Pauline>never mind lah. save the $ on the car first.

Morning mummies!

MIA for quite a while and the past 1 week is a nightmare.

My mum had this bad pain in her stomach and saw specialist. Went for gastro and colonscopy. Dr further ordered CT scan and comprehensive blood test. Goodness, the long hours of waiting for the test reults is so torturous! At the back of our mind we are dead worried the diagnosis is cancer. Finally the results are out and phew, everything is normal. Just when I can take a deep breath n relax, Chris down with fever on the same evening. Viral fever for 5 days, followed by cough and flu. He coughed till he teared and my heart so pain. I hugged him and cried too. Hubby on course the whole week after work and back only close to 11pm. I gota juggle between work, looking after the sick boy and housework. Pops Panadol at work everyday to ease my headache.

Pauline, hope your hubby and u r recovering well. Yes, I am so glad we bought medical insurance for my mum coz her bills came close to $3500. Both hubby and I are strong believer of life insurance and medical insurance.

Diaper

Hehee, I am a loyal fan of Huggies. Day time Chris is using nappy and if we go out, he wears Huggies Dry Comfort which can last abt 4hrs. Night time he wears Huggies Ultra which can last him for a good 12-14 hrs. We love Huggies Ultra/Dry Comfort coz it has this 'gather' at the thigh area which prevents leakage.

Xin,

Welcome back to the workforce! Already with TYL this is our 'ME' time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb,

Dun worry abt the milestones. Chris is still busy crawling around, no sign of walking despite many bbs of the same age started walking a few steps. But I do notice Chris is learning v fast this month. He can point to his ear, tongue, tummy, toes and palm correctly when we ask him. Also, he can crawl to the Goddness of Mercy buddha at my mum's house, kneel down and put 2 hands together and pray pray. Kudos to my mum who patiently teaches him these everyday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, need your advise.

Want to get a sling and which brand would u recommend? Chris is now 11kg and my current one can use up to 11.5kg only.

Back