(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Hi all,
Congrats to your, I bet your are very excited about your little new comer.

I’m Rina from Great Eastern Life, have been with the company for 2 year plus and still counting.
My Company has a comprehensive package for new born, or children.
It is about $100 per month or less. Let me know if you are interested.
NO Obligations, just wish to have the chance to visit you and explain the plans.
I’m able to meet up at your home or work place, just give me a call, email or sms anytime.

(。◕‿◕。)
[email protected]

Hi YenT,

Are you expecting twin boys or girls?
happy.gif
Will you be choosing c-section or normal birth?
happy.gif

Hi Irin,

Yes, its Dr John Tee from KKH
happy.gif

Sunnysideup,

They are girls, as hoped for by their older sister. Am undecided in c section or natural though Dr Tee seems to be encouraging natural and both are head down. Had my older one natural but am just afraid that will need to have c section for 2nd twin after natural for 1st one, and have to recover from both! Did you have C section?

Hi YenT,

Yes, i had c-section spinal block.
happy.gif
Just like you, my 2 twins were head down. Dr Tee is very pro natural, and he asked me to go natural, but i am very scared of labour pains.
happy.gif
and also scared second one will still need c-section if i go natural. So i opted for c-section in the end. Dun worry, you should be ok under Dr Tee given his experience.
happy.gif
Mine is 2 boys delivered on 37 weeks.
happy.gif

Hi Sunnysideup,

Thanks. Saw your adorable boys on You-tube. They ar growing big also
happy.gif

Was it painful or hard to move around after c-section? Are you breastfeeding or giving formula? I am amazed that you look so relaxed in the videos, and managed to make so many vides, just 2 months after the birth of your 2 boys
happy.gif
From all I've read, the first few months is a chaotic time...

BTW, do your twins sleep in the same cot? Any problems with that? I've only prepared one also.

Hi YenT,

It was not really painful for me. It was abit difficult getting up to walk the next day after the c-section, but it seems ok to me on the third day. I can say i recovered quite fast.
happy.gif
I am giving both breastmilk and formula. The first month is quite tough but luckilly my hubby was able to take leave for 1 month to help in looking after the babies. The second month was easier as my babies now can sleep through 5 or 6 hours at night. So i get better rest, and more free time for me.
happy.gif
My twins currently sleep in the same cot, but may have to sleep in separate cots soon since they are getting bigger now. I have prepared 2 cots. All in all, i am glad that i chose c-section. Didn't regret.
happy.gif
If you need any help, do let me know. I can share my experience with you.
happy.gif

Hi sunnysideup,

Am in my 23rd week and my twins are sharing placenta. My gynae advised me to go for c-section which I agree. Am now quite worry about the procedure as my gynae told me it won't be GA and my hubby cannot go in. Is there anything I should take note?

Thanks, sunnysideup, Irin. That's certainly reassuring to hear.

Sunnysideup, do you express or breastfeed directly? What was the deciding factor?

Irin, your twins still needed to stay be in hospital for a period even though they were 1.9 and 2.4kg?

Dear Mummies/ MTB,

Recently I had a VERY BAD encounter with Philips Singapore’s Customer Service regarding AVENT VIA Storage Cups.

I bought a lot of AVENT products during the OG 20% sales in Jan’09. I gave birth on 13 Jan & then started to use the product somewhere there then. One of the item I bought was the VIA Cups 240ml/8oz & 160ml/6oz bundle of 10 each in the box. The first few 6oz cups that I used have no leakage. Few days ago, I used one of the 8oz. I was surprised that it leak so I checked the cup. There was a needle hold at the mouth of the cup. The rest of the 9 cups also have the same problem. I believed this is the plastic molding defect. So I called Philips Singapore to check whether I can exchange the unused cups as I can’t use a defect item to store my BM & for sterilization.

The CSO who attended to me was Michael. He gave me a string of questions & asked for my receipt. I told him that I had thrown away the receipt. The stupidest thing is he even asked me how to spell the product. I told him that’s his product & he should know what that is. I already told him the remaining 9 cups are new & untouched, yet he kept asking me how many times have I used & where did I store it. Obviously unused items are in the box! He said with no receipt, there is nothing they can do as it is proof of purchase. He even suggested me going back to OG to reprint the receipt. I told him this is OG not any small shop that can trace backdated receipt. All he kept saying is “No receipt, they can’t recognize the item.”

I was angry as the product defect is due to the manufacture’s fault & in the end it become at the expenses of us, the consumer, I can’t even exchange the product.

I demanded to speak to his manager. His manager, Aaron Tan, again asked a lot of questions & said the same thing to me. He kept saying the service centre do not warranty items without receipt & it is very difficult to convince the service centre of the defect. When I asked him, “How do u warranty a plastic cup?” he did not answered my question & keep talking about the receipt. He also asked me did I check the product when I purchase. Items were all in box & sealed. Was it possible for us to check before buying??? Once open, its considered sold, isn’t it??

Here, I would like to emphasize that what if it was a gift? Do people buy gifts for others & leave the receipt in it? There is no flexibility in the way they deal with defect products. AVENT is AVENT from Philips, is there any imitation? If no, y can’t we exchange the defect products? If I had used it even if it was the manufacture’s fault, I will not ask for an exchange. But now, it is untouched, moreover, it is not cheap. Average per cup is $1.50. If there is no QC assurance on AVENT products, are we the consumers still able to trust them? For all we know, we will be buying defect products WITHOUT assurance & no exchange policy.

I am very upset & disappointed with the way they treat consumers who trust them. They breach my trust on their products. Therefore, please check all items from Philip Singapore if you are to purchase in future, keep the receipt as you may not know they sell defect items. My advise, best is don’t buy anything from them as the customer service or service centre have very bad way of treating the consumer.

For me, I will never trust them again. Never, again!

Hi Beverly,

If yours is not GA, then it shld be either epidural or spinal block c-section. Thought for this, hubby is usually allowed to go in? For my case, my hubby was allowed for my c-section spinal block. Who is your gynae? Also in KK?

Hi YenT,

I express out so that i will know how much milk exactly they drink. If not, it is hard to guess whether they have enough milk. Also with 2 babies crying for milk at the same time, it is easier to express out and have someone to help feed the other twin at the same time.
happy.gif
btw, Are you on leave already?

Hi YenT,

Yes, agree with you. He's a great gynae. Went thro my c-section and recovery with a breeze. Had been worrying and feeling very anxious before the c-section.
happy.gif
Seems there's quite a few Dr Tee's patients in this singaporemotherhood forum with positive comments.
happy.gif
How are your twins?
happy.gif

Hi sunnysideup,

Yes, am still on bedrest. Dont want to risk the babies coming out too early. Can probably go back to work after next week if haven't delivered by then
happy.gif

Hi YenT,

Have a good rest.
happy.gif
Wah, you can still go to work with such a big tummy? For me, Dr Tee gave me hospitalisation leave till day i delivered as i had very bad pelvic pain.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

I have a set of MEdela Swing used only 2times with cooler carrier(brand new) bought on 19march. To let go Bought at $469 willing to let go at $380.
Warranty card still with me can fill up with ur own name.

Will include
-3 medela bottle
-1medela nipple cream 37g(Brand New)

http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/products/purelan.php

http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/products/swing.php

http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/products/advanced.php (*Onli the cooler bag)

<font color="119911">Kindly contact me at [email protected] or PM me thanks</font>

Sunnysideup,
my twins just turned 2 and they are getting more and more mischievous. How old are yours? Sorry if you had mentioned before, abit lost. hehe.

YenT,
yup, they were in the SCN for 5 and 9 day respectively. KKH's discharge rule for premmies is must hit 35th gestation week and above 2kg.

Hi Irin,

My 2 boys are coming to 3 months. Getting more and more chubbier each day.
happy.gif

Hi YenT,
Have you decided to go for natural or c-section?
happy.gif
What week are you now? My total hospital bill for premier package c-section 4 days stay including babies is $7.8k out of which $6k can be paid by CPF. So i only paid $1.8k cash.

YenT,
we spent about $15K inclusive of my emergency c-section, my 3 days stay and their stay at B2 ward. But I think main part was paid for thru Medisave.

Hi..I'm coming to 32 weeks... am abit worried bbs will come out soon...I'm experiencing alot of kicking and at times, cramps.. wats the safe week to deliver? I'm seeing my gynae next Tues..but abit gun cheong to know...
happy.gif

Hi Hoops,

37 weeks is considered full term for twins. But many twin mums have delivered before 37 weeks and the babies are ok. Think it all depends on individual and the weight of the babies at birth.

Hi Sunnysideup,

You mention that we can use $6k from medisave? But i thought we can only use up to $3650 from medisave? Is the $6k only apply to kk? Can you confirm? Tks

Hi Lcohol,

The $6k CPF breakdown is as follows:
$3k+ for my c-section surgery &amp; 4 days stay in A-class ward premier package
$1k+ for twin A 4 days stay
$1k+ for twin B 4 days stay

Are you also expecting twins? Which hospital?
happy.gif

Icohol,
I think it's the same for all hospitals. Can use to up to a certain limit for delivery, daily room and board and treatments. I also delivered in KKH. We used around $12K to pay from Medisave and paid only $3K+ in cash.

Yes i'm also expecting twins and delivery due around early June. Currently i'm at NUH kent ridge wing and was told that i can only use $3650 from medisave. As the total bill for twins is average at $10k, i have to now fork out $6k in cash if i'm only allowed $3650 from medisave.

Why some can use $6k from medisave and why some can use $12k from medisave? I'm confused.

Hi Locohol,

I think the $3650 from medisave is referring to the expense for the mother only. Exclude ward charges for the twin babies. Like mine, my total bill for c-section and ward charges for myself only is $5k+, and $3k+ is paid from medisave. The nursery ward charges for each of my twins are $1k+ each and almost the full sum can be paid from medisave. Hope this clarifies.
happy.gif

Icohol,
ya, there are limits for individual person and individual item (surgery, daily room and board and treatment), not everything lump together so what's deductible from the Medisave should be more than $3650.

Hi all:

Though my wife is currently in 2nd trimester (week13)she still have the urge wanting to vomit is it normal?

hi joe..
im at 17wk5d today... still hvg occassional vomitting n most of the time.. uncomfortable bloatness n all.
recently oso started to hv terrible giddy spells n headaches oso more frequent le.

aftall... like sunnysideup said... it all depends on individual oso.

hope yur wife feeling better soon. :)

Thanks, Irin.

Hi Sunnysideup,

I'm in week 34 now
happy.gif
Have just moved from mansionete to my new place over the weekend too - no more stairs, hooray!

Have decided to go for C-section - just remembered that I couldn't push that much for my first gal, and twin B keeps moving about also: was head down, then above twin A, and think she's moved again. Hope the C section is not too painful..

Hi YenT,

Not to worry. C-section not that scary and painful as what i had imagined earlier.
happy.gif
Just rest well and think about your beautiful babies.
happy.gif

Hi Joe,

My nausea was worse and lasted longer for this twin pregnancy compared to my first gal. Though this sounds a bit counter-intuitive, the nausea was worse the hungrier I got -- and eating in between meals, before taking the bus home etc helped. Luckily I could still eat and didn't have vomiting.

Also found the supplement, Ensure Plus (drink in packet form), a very convenient, nutritional and filling snack when busy with meetings, work, for the middle of the night, or just too lazy to go get food. I'm very happy that my twins' estimated weight last week (@ 33 wks) was 2.2 and 2.5 kg
happy.gif
vs my first gal who was 2.65 kg when born at 37 weeks.

Hi YenT,

Wow, that is really good weight at 33 weeks.
happy.gif
Mine was only 2.49kg and 2.26kg at birth 37 weeks. Really tiny and skinny but luckily can stay in normal ward.
happy.gif

Hi mummies...
do docs determine whether to put bbs in the NICU or normal ward by their birth term or birth weight?

me will be 18wks tmr.. but then.. weight gain (frm pre-pregnant) oni abt 2-3kg niah! appetite hasnt been good still.. if eat too much will feel sick n puke.. quite worried not feeding myself enough n not enough nutrients to my bbs!

):

Hi jumbobo,

Not sure about this, but think must be more than 2kg for baby to discharge..

Heard tat eating durians and drinking full cream milk can increase weight of baby.
happy.gif
Can try.

Thanks sunnysideup,
i used to love durians.. but now.. cant take the smell le. ):
will try milk then.
cheers.

Dear Mummies, if anyone looking for a home base professional infant care center@ AMK just drop me a mail for more information just wanna to share some information

oh btw their service is quite flexible hours ... any also provides many more optional service like baby massage to enhance your baby growth
happy.gif

[email protected]

hi mummies,
anyone selling ur twin pram? looking for a second hand one to send/fetch my boys to childcare.
looking for budget ard $100-150.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi mummies,

I have given birth to a pair of identical twin girls, Yi Xin and Ro Xin on 9 Apr 09 @ 36 weeks
happy.gif

Yi Xin (older by one minute) weighed 2.42kg and Ro Xin weighed 2.455kg. Both went home with me at the same time, though we had to go the polyclinic 3 times to check their jaundice levels.

congrats YenT.. so 36 weeks is safe for delivery? I'm also hoping to have my twin boys out at 36 weeks.. they're now almost 34 weeks at 2kg each.. I am worried if they out, they'll be in NICU.

Back