(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Hi Bidosoh

I have PM you my email add & number. I should be bringing my help along that day, just in case she becomes a terror and i'll have an extra set of hands

Ashley,

How are the classes at Baby Jumper Gym? Where is it?

DK attended a trial class at Little Gym and he had lotsa fun there.

Rue,

Yes, similar to Bidosoh, I will put a piece of carrot, corn or meat when I boil porridge for flavoring and he likes that the porridge has flavor. I had thought of putting a few drops of Bovril or Marmite (which I had when I was young) but hadn't resorted to doing that since he is OK with his porridge now. I'm trying not to introduce too salty or sweet taste to him yet.

Ashley and Adelynn, see you on Friday. Hope it will be sunny, very wet recently.

Ashley, Lit H is acting only. She is overwhelmed by the new environment and people. Her true self is in hiding. If the things she is playing is taken over, she will also cry. However for new things she can play quietly for a long time if nobody disturb her. It is her character, very different from her brother.

wah so happening this morning!

funne, order the playtex milk bag online? from US?

ashley, Lil M not sweet la...she can be quite a terror at home esp when she fights with her korkor...hahhahha

bidosoh, i agree with ashley...ur lil H like v cool...she was like so attentive during the lesson!

sporty, right man, Lit H also fight with her brother and cousin. She don't admit defeat one. If lost the battle she will cry for rescue.

Haha.... ya she always look very cool. Always holding her head up high and looking down at people and things. Very proud - hao lian.

Hi ladies, thanks for ur feedback. I'm bought some colourful pasta, will try it tml, to cook with some carrot, potato, celery, pork soup..
Marmite good suggestion. better to have few drops of "convenient food" than a whole jar of convenient food = heinz jar..

Ashley,
so has Amanda signed up with baby jumper gym?

I find some favours of the Heinz jar quite tasteless. But anyway, its my son who ate if I do not have frozen reserves left.
I cook porridge and put in 1-2 tablesp of Heinz(normally use the recipes kind)

recently, toast and grind the silverfish into powder.
Put in porridge, got some taste.
But 1 batch, i din grind v well still can see 1 whole fish. Let my son try, he can't chew and wont swallow, i have to dig out from his mouth.

Rue and kanelmo, Amanda attended Baby Jumper Gym (Bukit Batok) for half a term. It's not too bad really cos they have flashcards, singing and gym time. But I wanna expose her to zoophonics too that is why I enrolled her in GUG.

Oops, sorry, the above post was by me...my friend was using my computer and I login using her username by mistake. :p

gd morning gals,

Wondering hv u start to give ur baby rice with soup or still porridge huh? Mmm...duno whether to start my gal on rice with soup coz i find that she tend to swallow without munching much for porridge since porridge is smooth and soft, any advice pls...thanks :p

Hi Mummies going to the zoo. I have to drop out last minute
sad.gif
Last Minute office got urgent stuff to do on that day, cannot take leave. I hope the kids and mummies have fun and pray that the rain don't come to you on that day.

If you need the zoo passes, i can meet one of you the night before and pass to you the zoo pass and my office badge (just in case) Bidosoh, you want to SMS me and let me know if my pass is needed?

bearycure, my gal is still on porridge but i feed her rice/noodle when i had my meal.
not advisable to give rice with soup coz the kids just wouldn't chew/bite.

I have sent out emails for the zoo outing, kindly check ladies.
BTW, so far we have 2 zoo passes (can admit 8 adults).

We are going to the zoo zoo zoo!
Date:14 jan 2011 (Fri)
Venue : Zoo
Time : 9am? 10am?

1. Bidosoh
2. Pauline ([email protected], not sure)
3. Pei Pei
4. Ashley
5. Momo_mummy and hb
6. Notveryfatmum (no need pass)
7. Xuanxuan (no need pass)
8. Novbaby (no need pass)
9. Bpmama (no need pass)

bearycue, it all depend on individual baby development. I think sporty boy only take rice from 8mths. While my own boy only start taking rice at 4 year old. He is taking porridge all the while. He will gag everytime we give him chunky food when he is under 4 yo. So you monitor your own baby development.

My boy can take marcoroni at 1.5yo, but only 1-2 pieces at a time. So need sometime to finish everything.

Actually as long as you are giving balance diet, there is no need to jump into rice/chewy food so fast. Won't affect their teeth too. So no need to worry to much.

Adelynn, ohhh... we will have 3 babies born on the same date if lit S is coming. Nvm next time lah. We have enough passes to gain entry. Unless PeiPei is not coming, then we will have abit of problem.

Bidosoh, no worries... I'm coming to the zoo!!
happy.gif

Btw, how many zoo passes we have? I have one to admit 4 adults, can admit 3 more adults, but pending to see if my hb decides to come along since he's only back from biz trip tomolo evening.

hello all!
finally weekend is slowly approaching!
weather is sooo good tha i wished i could continue to zzz every morn instead of waking up to go to work!!

bidosoh, haha! ur description of Lil H is v funny esp the "hao lian" part! :p but for gals, i think their ultimate "weapon" is to CRY!! then esp the daddies will quickly go and pacify them!

funne, i used to join sprees in the spree section to buy lor...now i dunno whether still have or not...

bearycue, my gal takes porridge on weekdays and weekends, we normally will feed her rice and she takes it quite well also... even the porridge on weekdays, its more grain like kind rather than soft and mashy kind cuz i wanna train her to chew...so next time she wun be so reliant on porridge... yeah, bidosoh was rite, my son rejected porridge last time and he started taking rice when he was 8 mths old... so it all depends on ur bb...like what bidosoh said, more importantly is they have a balanced diet...

pei pei, we have 2 zoo passes (yours and mine). So can admit 8 adults. So if your hb is coming along no issue. My hb is not coming. We are going to the zoo on Saturday again. This time with my boy. Since he is schooling tomorrow morn.

sporty, you are absolutely right about daddies. Not to forget, ah gong also. My gal's grandpa adores her alot, more then the grandsons. Gals are these Papa previous life girlfriend.

Go morning all...2 more days to weekend, cheers :p

bidosoh/sporty, thanks for the advice...yup u r rite, balance diet is the most impt and will let my gal try other types of food now and then so she will not juz be reliant on porridge
happy.gif

mummies & babies going to the zoo 2moro, enjoy your outing, hv fun!!!
happy.gif

bidosoh, hahah! u are rite abt the ah gong also!! sometimes if my hb scolds my boy becuz he wanted to "protect" his princess, i will get abit mad also lor! hahahha... u gals have fun in the zoo tom
happy.gif

bearycue, yeah...its good to let ur gal try diff kinds of food so they wun be picky abt food in the future...

Hi ladies!

Long time never log in. My girl seems to be weaning herself off milk recently. Takes maybe about 400ml per day max ... will this affect her growth?

As for her solids, she has been having soup, rice, mee sua, mee and everything except porridge. N she no longer likes her food mash, now she expects us to let her eat like adults like us.

hi all!!

Wow when was the last time I was here?? What a long time. This is 1sttimemummy...

firstly, any westie moms want to have a meet up play date? Also, interested to attend playdays on saturday at 9.30? very close to clementi...

momoko... my girl now wants to eat table food = loves mash potato and pasta - think she is ang moh.. haha. but she still drinks 4x 210ml milk a day.. still tiny though - too active maybe. She can finally walk - run even.

My girl has finally warm up in the GUG class. She started roaming around during lesson 2. So glad, she is normal. Hahahaha.... quite worried that she behaved exceptionally well during her first lesson. She finally show her true colours.

Any comments on Zoophonics lessons? Thinking of enrolling my DD in this May. It costs $200/ mth. 8 lessons of 1.5hr each..

rue, Zoophonics lessons are also very similar to GUG. Both have zoophonics. I find GUG standard is better in terms of teacher quality. Actually most play groups lessons are rather similar. The only difference is teacher quality. This week, they have another teacher for our class as the original teacher is on leave. This teacher is just as good. Even if you go to a 'brandless' school if the teacher can control the class and conduct the lesson in an interesting/lively manner it is worthwhile to enrol already. Why not you go for their trial lesson. I have been to their trial class during my son's time. You can go for trial class for different centres lah, then you decide which one you feel most comfortable with.

Bidosoh -Yeah, Lil H was crawling and walking around in class. But in general, she's a cool kid. :) It is interesting to see how each kid reacts in class.

Btw, for mommies who were at the GUG class, can someone please remind of the lyrics to the 'Sitting down' song and 'Bubba the Bear' song? I sort of can remember but ain't sure of the correct lyrics. I wanna sing to my son.

Was it like

Bubba the bear goes ber ber ber
ber ber ber ber ber ber
Bubba the bear goes ber ber ber
all day at the zoo?

I oso abit forget already.

Momoko,

Are you in Room 2?

So the Bubba Bear has no music to it, right? It's just a poem, right? If with music, I can't recall to what tune? Anyone?

It seems like after the class, I tend to forget the songs taught during the class. LOL!

hello all!
hows everyone?
how was the trip to the zoo?

bearycue, juz try to expose them to all kinds of food...think tha will help lor!

momoko, think our kiddos still need milk in their diet for calcium... if the food tha u feed ur gal is rich in calcium shd be ok...

1st time mummy, haven seen u ard for quite sometime... good tha ur gal's walking... my gal still taking her own sweet time...hahha

bidosoh, haha! yes H was "less cool" last sunday :p hehhe

rue, yes like what bidosoh says, zoophonics is quite similar to GUG... juz tha zoophonics thruout the whole 1 and 1/2 hrs is all zoophonics linked activities, for gug there's other activities like artwork and story telling...

kanelmo, the "sitting down" song goes like this... dun worry, u will slowly catch up on the songs...i used to have an email on the lyrics of the songs but i tried to find yesterday but seemed like i deleted it liao...if not can send to you...

"everybody sitting down sitting down sitting down...
everybody sitting down...on the mat...
when you ready, tap the mat...tap the mat... tap the mat...
when you ready, tap the mat... tap the mat "

momoko,
my gal opposite. Now she drinks lotsa milk but take very little solid. Less than half the portion she used to take.

*angry with my MIL*
i kw my gal want to self-feed so i let her be, messy nd to clean up later also nvm. Then my mil not happy. She said hw can i let my gal self-feed. Make a mess, if go outside to eat also like this no table manners!! OMG! She's expecting a toddler who just started self feed to exhibit table manner?? Then later my MIL said i spoilt litt C. Because i encourage her to self-feed, end up very difficult to spoon feed her. Damn upset, but i must "ren" cos i rely on her to take care on litt C while i'm working. Also i feel that the atmophere at hm very bad. The grandparents keep saying litt C "naughty, bad, beat ur buttock" even when she did nothing wrong! I'm so tempted to send her to full day childcare.

Morning mummies!

Sporty, the zoo trip was fun! There was a bit of rain but overall the weather was pretty good. I had to leave early cos I was knackered and so was lil A. Really admire the energy of the rest of the mommies!

As for songs from GUG, I tried singing them to my girl but she just ignore me.

Rue, living with old folks are like that. Just close one eye cos like what you said, you need your MIL's help to babysit lil C. Maybe you can try to explain to her the benefits of self-feeding. Initially, my mum also doesn't encourage my girl to self-feed but cos my girl will let out her glass-shattering screams if she doesn't get to feed herself during meal time, my mum gave in. Soon my mum realised that my girl can feed herself pretty well with a spoon and now she encourage toddlers to self-feed too.

As for the grandparents' comments, are they just teasing lil C? Cos sometimes my parents like to do that too.

Rue,

I realize that the older generation usually educate by commenting in an indirect way, e.g. they'd not praise and be 'negative' about it towards the kids so as not to spoil them. I think it's the traditional way.

Whereas we parents are more westernized and we have read up more western books which introduce us to direct praising of kids to encourage them.

rue, when my mum carry my girl she also gently pat her pipi and say, naughty girl. She said it in a very affectionate way. So I know she actually doesn't mean it. So your mil may also be like that.

Well you just have to 'ren'. Same for me, I also have alot of frustruation at times, still have to ren. Anyway, even if you sent your gal to childcare, when they fall sick, they still have to be at home. End up your MIL will still need to take care. So think of the bright side. You are more at easy and is confident that your gal will be taken care properly by family members. That is the most important. Also you don't have to be bothered about household chores. Just concentrate on playing/teaching your girl when you are free.

Ashley, lil A is so clever to self feed so well. So she can finish a bowl of porridge by herself? That is really amazing.

Bidosoh, no lah my girl cannot finish a bowl by herself...she just can scoop up the food from the bowl and put into the mouth...of course most of the time, the food will drop quite a bit from the bowl to her mouth. She is still learning but has improved a lot with practice.

has anyone tried "petite bowl" in united sq? How is it?

15 mth old - MMR vaccination.. care to share past experience? Heard from my fren that it's the worst vac of all. fever for 3-4days, crancky as well.

anyone tried letting bb sit on potty to poopoo?

so far, i only carry bb and position above the potty, he scare of sitting on potty.

I have let my gal try the potty.. But i bought her the kiddy pott that put on top of our toilet seat.. She will sit on tat.. But it is a challenge to carry & let her sit there... Coz if i let her sit.. She tend to shake her head when i ask her to poo...

we had a piyo piyo potty from kiddy palace with lid. But depending on her mood, sometimes she doesn't want to poo there. usually will be early morning after breakfast

Back