(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

kimifin, i have juz a bb monitor for bb use in another room but not as high tech one as u mentioned...haha

raerae, started off with parents & babe then parents & tods (billingual) class...its roughly abt 50 bucks per session and u pay in advance for every term...

kimifin, me and my baby sitter give plain water for my baby to drink. Sometimes we will add barley or diluted "yang shen" - to recude heatiness.

How to encourage? At home i just pass her the magcup with soft sprout and she like to play and chew so while she chew the water will go in, also after feeding porridge or biscuit i will hold her bottle and she will drink some from the bottle. It is the same when she is at baby sitter place. My gal also don't know how to use straw yet.

kimifin,

i let her drink water with magmag cup with straw coz give her water in milk bottle, she dun drink much. Gave her water in magmag cup with spout, she only bite the sprout.. so i try with straw and she drink more with it.

My problem is this haha my silly gal takes ONLY nuk teats and they CANNOT be the wide neck type..so odd rite?? same brand same shap and same material. So far i have been using those teats with Pigeon glass bottles N i am thinking of changing to plastic bottles.. den there is no way i can use the teats with any other bottles which are bPA free so now i am in a fix!

Please cont the poll heeh i just tot i should explain myself

raerae - actually the nuk standard neck teats can be standard size bottles i have this plastic bpa free bottles that are the 250ml kind which i store bm and its cheap called NANNY bottles ... metro and og gt sell .. ard 10 bucks 3 btls cheap .. haha ..

else u can get those milk storage btls and change the whole cap and use lor .. and those bm storage btls are bpa free ...

Ayukie: Oh really Geezz i nv heard of NANNY bottles le..okies thanks for the idea! BPA free but still very cheap le ha ha okies...i am VERY tempted to go buy the non BPA NUK already my gal make me so fed up.. i threw away all the BPA bottles liao.. the wide neck ones...looking at them make me angry haha so heart pain!

Starrz,

yah, how to TEACH bb to draw from a straw? seems he might poke into his mouth so I must keep holding for him

Karen,
I m using the Avent with hard sprout, he just bite. I try to drk from it, takes a bit of strength to suck.

My nanny house got tippee toppee, which no need to suck, but i duno she got use or not.

anyone using the diody cup yet?

Sporty,

I think no such sensor unless I wan those 7-11 ones, u walk pass, got ding-dong..haa

Avent has the one which you can hear the sound.
But hor, if my son, gets up, crawl to the out of bounds area, he can be really silent!

kimifin, the pigeon magcup sprout is softer. at nanny place, she use the normal teats with avent bottle, a bit messy but just let her play. I bought the avent sprout i also find is very hard to drink do i dind't let her use it.

kimifin,
eh i just try it out using normal straw and sort of imitate the action of sucking the water thru the straw. At first, she only bite on the straw, after a few min, saw she actually sip the water thru the straw and next day i went to buy the magmag cup.
Although she can drink from straw liao but not that well lah, water still will drip off her mouth.

kimifin > ya mag mag cup is pigeon brand.
actually the straw not very long, in fact i feel a bit too short liao, eh okie lah, not very pokey.

dingdong, the other time din get to see you too cos HT loots i pass to your mum is it?
pai sei forget to introduce myself during phototaking.

carol, jovin seeing caris next tue liao. but jovin poor thing la, bad bad flu attack now.

eastgal, haven't seen you here for a while. so your new place ready soon? ya, ikea tampines is still on, thought you fly by 7th? good good, then can touch mikail's ba ba liao.

raerae, you ok to travel to ikea tampines? thought of going there for their chicken wing and let my son go "play" there cos he has been asking to go every single day.

i think my BM is dropping in supply cos of work, cos i dun have time to pump at work. and plus now that she is sick, she really just wants to sleep, today husband tried giving her some FM to drink but she reject BIG time lor. jia lak, cos i dun have any BM reserve in my fridge at all.

keep wondering if it is a wrong move to start work but i do enjoy myself at work. sigh.

MBJ > hmm seems like v stressful hor, to jaga work and bb...
Jovin still sick ah.. poor gal. Hope she is getting better each day.
Jia You!

MBJ: Ai yo Tampiness too far le hee heeh i stay Bt Batok le..=(

Jia you =) While ur children make up an important part of ur life, working and have things for URSELF is good.. I read newspaper which says that mum work or dun work may nt make big diff in kids lives BUT it is essential mummies have me activities heeh

Hope Jovin gets better soon =) Jia you at the pumping too..

Kimifin: the pigeon magmag straw is short.. dun need to worry abt it poking yr baby.. i just let my girl hold it herself and she just slurp slurp slurp.. hehe.. She's also using the doidy cup but that I have to hold for her to drink.. She's getting better with it le.. Now can drink more without spilling.. at the beginning yr bb may not know how to suck w the straw and bite bite bite.. but after awhile, they will learn.. =) now i give her water with it and she can drink more.. =)

kimifin: try starting off with the magmag cup with spout. she may not know how to use it immediately but over time she'll get the hang of it. in the meantime be prepared for mess
happy.gif
my girl now drinks water thru the straw, didnt teach her she just suddenly knew how to when i decided to swap one day

don't worry about the straw, its soft as well, so even if ur baby tries to stick it into her mouth w/o success it wun hurt her

MBJ: takes awhile for supply to stabalize when u start/return to work, went thru that same cycle. working isnt a wrong move, ull enjoy the time away and time together with the kids
happy.gif

I oso interested to go for trial GUG/kindermusik/Gymboree. Jio me leh.

Pei pei-hi! My girl's name oso Chloe
happy.gif

Pea-I sent my girl to shichida.just started last month. So far find quite good. But still haven really do home practice. Will add u in fb.

i haven't let my gal try straw yet.. but she likes to drink water use spoon feed..

raerae, i was telling mbj tt if i hardworking enough to travel to tampines then i'll got to meet others,coz i stay cck!! LOL~

MBJ_ ya been busy leh...my place just started reno only nia..must wait till oct then can move. But now is the busy with buying stuff for contractor to fix while work in progress lor like toilet bowl, sink, shower stuff, cooker hood and hob blah blah and the list goes on. somemore nowsdays shopping must lug mikail around and he prefers i carry him then to sit in his comfy stroller,,,haiz bobianz my little sweet potatoe..hehehe
Ya, flying only 10th or 11th now cos dun want to go too many days..staying at the same hotel as his dad so a bit shiong on the pocket cos had to book one room for my mum too :X

Aiyo hope Jovin gets well soon! dun worry abt BM depleting lah...mine long time stopped liao after i went back to work..the body just stops producing lor..take it easy dun stress too much. Got work is goodz..cant imagine if i become SAHM man..will go crazy after 1 month..hehehehe

Eastgal & mbj, u request for Friso 6419 8484 liao?
I keep the Mamil Gold & Similac for both of u hor? ;p Sigh, gotta save milk powder $ since I am not contributing financially...
Yah mbj, not a bad thing to work lah, I may wanna start work soon to have my own $ coz dun like the idea of depending on hubby leh and I think u will appreciate ur time w ur children more after u start working?

Carol_have to say Friso damm slack leh..requested vis online didnt even send acknowledgement email at all..its been 2 weeks liao!!
will try to call them..
Yes, i agree that working to have your own pocket money is the best...plus with what we make, dun need to think too hard when we wanna get something for ourself or baby...i comtemplated a few times when baby came along that i shd maybe consider to stay at home but just couldnt as this job is pretty attractive for me now in terms of working time and paycheck,,,so i make extra effort to spend sat and sun fulltime with BB to make up for lost time!

Thanks Ladies,
I will go buy the mag mag cup, cos the tippee toppe one v hard.

Rainz,

I'm signing up for trial class at Gymboree this saturday:
Harbour front @ 12-1245pm

Most likely I just let bb try trial, if I sign up packages, I have trouble attending classes regularly cos got other activities with family.

Too restricted to need to attend 12 lessons in 3 mths. If only the packages are more flexible.
Anyone knows which package is flexible?

Like the bb swimming one, we can go to any branch, any time we like...though now, bb dun like to swim "alone" so I pass to my sis whose son is now 3 mths old.

morning all!

whow.. seems like quite a number of baby can sip water from the cups liao.. maybe i shld go buy 1 and let my gal try... but e prob is.. she still hates to drink water... only manage to bluff her to drink from syringe...

yesterday went for review and heng no more neubiliser liao... but still need ventolin puffs... and now she weigh only like 7.25kg... didn grow much lo... haiz...

morn all
tired...this week is slow...

raerae, i am using non BPA free bottles...

mbj, hope ur ss be stablised soon...initally when u started work, its like tha one...

morning mummies, im back!
MBJ: 10 Aug i'm on, i decided i NEED a break from the craziness from work and for one day, i will heck it at work
happy.gif
Let me know what the plans are

morning mummies.

Thanks notveryfatmum for the info ya.
Called the centre liao & made registration for trial class. Planning to go for their open house next Sat. U going?

MBJ
Aiya...I would love to join you gals on 10th but I got a few meetings on that day! Wanted to take leave but was rejected by Boss!

wahhh i also want go for the gug trial leh .. actually i dont mind gymbroyree or kindermusik class also since my boy enjoys them ..

o yeah for gymbroyree trial class harbourfront charges $30 and tanglin charges $40 ..

<font color="119911">dingdong</font>, okie dokey. will keep aside for u until we meet then.

<font color="119911">ayukie</font>, izzit?!

<font color="119911">devlina</font>, izzit! but i was asked to pay $40 for the stage 1 trial at hf b4 i signed the membership. hmm???

looking at last sat's photos hor, i realize i din even see some of u at all. oops!

dev/ayukie, u two at the 2 diff ends of the function room...of cuz didnt see each other la! LOL

mbj, u all enjoy ikea chix wings &amp; take more pics k? i cant take leave on 10th...join u all next time!

Hi I'm signed up for kindermusik trial on 16 aug mon 230pm. Age group for tat trial is 8mth to 12mth. Any one keen to join?

Back