(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

alicia - gt the exersaucer for 179 i think .. or around there .. yeah gt 2 wheels and its seat is attached to a table so .. since my boy can only tip toe in it .. i push it around lor dont waste mah since assembled so its like a merry go round for him in a way bah anyway he enjoys being push around and around also .. and he is exdploring the games on the table as well .. only thing is i didnt put batteries so when he play the keybaord no sound and he press and press no sound whahaa

ayukie/bidosoh, if never bring pump will be my greatest nightmare...thas why i always double check and triple check before i head out for work!

kimifin, yes...juz put the nose drop into his nose...i use bb scissors to cut my gal's nails... hand express can yield the same amt if u kno how to do it...

anise, i can understand *hugs*

Bidosoh - my hand expression amt is pathertic and i cant clear haiz .. tried abit just nw got my hb to get my funnels and parts for me .. (i brought my motor without the funnels) else i will go crazy manz .. im almost crazy beyond myself just nw whahaa

hi, those been to the fp warehouse, did u gals see any Fisher Price Brillant Basics Musical Poptivity Table? Can u remember roughly how much is this selling?

sporty - yeah imagine my HORROR of all HORRORS and ASTONISHMENT when i was in the washroom trying to pump and i assembled everything and found darn NO BOTTLES AND FUNNELS .. i went bersek and called hb to ask him to get me my parts before i go haywire ..

I also double check my bag before i leave the house in case i forget something...cos i did bring out the funnels but not the pump out when i was out shopping....so in the end i did not pump for >12hrs and thereafter my supply drop half man!!!!

sporty - thats my initial thought as well .. pity cant leave work .. haiz but if he cnat make it then i will have to run home whahaa i cant imagine no pump at work ..

ok i go pump abit more just nw pump to relief le .. sian somemore last night didnt manage to wake up to pump again this morning also nt clear yet whahahaa

haitong - whahaha you same as me .. joker whahaa ..
just like i brought milk powder , cool water and hot water and etc for my boy in his diaper bag but i forgot to bring ANY milk bottles whahhaa luckily he didnt scream for milk that time whaha (when he was a month old and not on TBF yet ..)

Ayukie,

yah, its tough being a working mum, I everyday big and small bags like moving house.

I still lucky, got 2 sets of pump (borrowed from sis before she needs it in May) and hence, the "forgetfulness" of some parts can be reduced.
Yah if no bottle, still not so bad, can pump direct to the milk bag(if you have) but no funnel, yah, cannot do anythg.

I will be as miserable too.

now pumping a few times at work has been quite disruptive, though i tried to look at my stuff as I pump. typing with 1 hand is v hectic.

take care gal.

ayukie, i really will ki siao lor...if no pump! u still wake up in the middle of the nite to pump?!

kimifin, get a pumping pal so tha u can go handsfree

Ayukie, I fully understand your HORROR when you discovered that you forgot to bring parts of your pump. Last time, I also have such experience, luckily a nice colleague drove me home to pick up during lunch time. Since then, I have two sets of pumps and pumping pals. One to be placed at home and another at workplace. Currently, just purchase another 2nd hand ameda to backup as my previous 2 no longer on warranty. Super kiasu I know but i also super paranoid that my pump will suddenly stop working!

Ayukie, so your hubby manage to take the funnel to office for you??

you are very funny in your description, i understand, if i were you, i will also went bersek when i see no funnels, Cool down Cool down, dont let it effect your milk supply, maybe today you try to pump one/two times more to catch back your supply?

dont worry, one/two times miss the expressing, should be fine, as long as you resume your expressing routine after that....

oppps, my post is lost

MM6J, ok lah, if you wan me to buy, msg me. i'm going to buy tmr noon.

Ayukie, i also forgot to bring bott cap once. I lugged my pump out so that i can shop longer. in the end, when i want to pump (the funnels already at my breasts), i realise i din bring bott cap. lucky din pump else wasted the milk. so i LL, packed my things and went home without shopping. hahaha

Sporty , i also wake up in the middle of night to pump lei. cos i want to maintain my supply. i usu pump once at 11.30pm, then 3.30am, then 6.30am.

Rachelle Ling,

U very hard working, i simply latch in the middle of nite,n mostly bb only drk 1 side per session, quite a waste hor?

but if i pump, i cant go back to sleep asap one.

Hi mummies, I am back frm kk.. Whew.. Doc say everything is normal liao.. Thanks gals for all the encouragement.

Waited very long for our turn!! And lil K is the youngest among all the children.. Gt appt still have to wait for ages... Wait until lil k v impatient n sleepy..

Saw one new born baby with oxygen mask also went to scan.. See aldy so heart pain ...

sporty - i tries to wake up but haha no i didnt maange to do so .. cause i scare morning i cant clear boobs before i go work then the whole day i will be v v uncomfy and then v hard pump out also haiz ..

Rachelle Ling - i also one time didnt bring the caps but i already pumped out so i carry the pump together with the bottles with the milk inside home whaha then in lift everyone stared like they see something odd sianz ..

AYukie,

then u must really learn hand express.

Wah, i started to think, really scary if our pumps fail us.

I got the avent Uno, if electric pump fail, still can attach the handle to manual pump.
if the parts fail,,,must go n back spare parts immed...

hi sorry to interrupt
I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Prices nego. Thanks

MM6J, did u see any FP activity music table in the sales? How much? i saw a mummy selling @ $35, so thinking to buy anot....

Ayukie, haha, then i think mayb you need to have a checklist in your pump bag so tat you wont forget to bring anything.

Kimifin, ya i also scared one day my pump will go bonkers. then i think i'll be lost. i got a medela manual pump on stand by. actually i find hand express quite tiring cos have to squeeze for quite some time. imagine pumping already spend about 10 min. then hand expression if also 10 min can be quite tiring.
I want to maintain my supply so i try to pump 6 times a day. now trying to squeeze one more time in the evening to make it 7 times a day. my hubby always say the pump is now my lover. the pump touches my boobs more than he does ahahahha

rachelle,
u so funny.

yesterday, i schedule in 1 more pump, but the next pump got less supply. is it the breast needs time to build up supply so need to see for a few days?

but i dun have the luxury to pump so many times esp when i am taking care of bb at nite.

last nite, i asked in laws to help me look after, end up, i spend less time with bb...

i pump total 5 times a day only. 2 times in office.

I remembered reading somewhere saying when our menses is here, our ss will drop during menses period? is it true?

Wow i am so envious of u all with milk supply.. While i pump 4x a day and latch 1 or 2 times a day..my ss up abit for awhile den bk to 200ml/pump..so sian..nt sure why the ss is dwindling le... haii...

Haha last time i got engorgement so i oso v scard abt pump go bonky..now i got an avent manual, a medela and a ameda.. haha siao rite.. My hb say i only got 2 boob but got 3 pumps! =p

hai i havent been to Fp sale le..u all so shiok le.. I am still nt sure wat to buy...so jia lat le!! anything that is super wu hua and super must buy!

usually if you are pumping, menses shd not come. cos bf and menses are regulated by hormones. if menses come, it will interfere with bf and milk supply will be affected. that is why usu pple who bf wont get preg cos of the hormones loh.

kimilin, yes, breasts need some time for supply to slowly crawl up. so, if really want to up supply, have to pump more times for a few days before you see the effect. now my supply also slowly dropping since i start work. i just hope tat it will not drop so much that i dun have enough to feed baby per day. i pray that the max it can drop is to a level where baby has enough to drink

haitong,
my supply also like yours. if wait for 5 hrs, will blocked ducts.

rachelle,

i pump, but bb seem drking more suddenly. hee..
also up to his mood.

last nite, when my MIL bottle feed him, he drk 70ml, i quickly interrupt him to burp him, cos he might be sleepy n not burp. but he not happy and dun wanna drk the remaining 20ml.
he fussed n i gave up, let him latch to sleep.

To all mummies,
To save time pumping at work, <font color="0077aa">u don't have to wash or sterelize your pump parts.</font> Just do it the night before at home, place them in a air tight container. Keep in fridge. Next day, bring to office, keep in the fridge. Use it, keep it again in the fridge. Just make sure u don't touch the parts where milk will be in contact with. I've been doing that. So easy.

Better to take more time in pumping than washing
happy.gif

finally back home!

esther, u good lor...have so many backup pumps! :p

alicia, i cannot miss even one time of expressing...like over last weekend, i didnt pump for once...i kena blocked ducts liao...

rachelle, *kudos* u really good lor...still diligently wake up to pump! i agree with ur hb tha the pump is ur lover lor...whahhaha :p

mm6j, no wonder u "MIA" u went to the mattel sale ah? :p

haitong, yes...ur ss will drop during menses period...its true...

raerae, i also got 3 pumps lor...hahha...same brands as u...hahha...

starrz, glad tha ur gal's ok
happy.gif

ayukie, u cannot clear ur boobs first thing in the morning meh? wake up earlier la?!

Happy Bellies Spree (state quantity and flavour)
tentative price: $8.00 before discount (price only stands if minimum
order 12 cans)
(comes in 3 flavours- oatmeal,multigrain and brown rice) (the 12 cans
minimum quantity can mix and match flavours)
Expiry date: After September 2010

Unknown

1. ayukie - brown rice x 1 (North, North-west) (11th)
2. piggym - brown rice x 1
3. piggy - brown rice x 2

North
1. tanly - brown rice x 1 (north)
2. superwalker - brown rice x 2 (north)
3. swanston - brown rice x 1 (north)
4. sponge - brown rice x 1 (north)
5. zentan - oatmeal x 1 (north)
7. jolene428 - oatmeal x 1 (north)
8. fritt - brown rice x 1, oatmeal x 1, multigrain x 1 (north)
9.rachelleling - brown rice x 2

West
1. bearycue - brown rice x 1 (West)
2. chris- brown rice x 2 (west)
3. esther - brown rice x 2, oatmeal x 2, multigrain x 2 (west)
4. Pei Pei - brown rice x 2 (west)
5. ardenz - brown rice x 1 (west)
6. anise - brown rice x 1 (west)
7. celine - brown rice x 1 (west)
8. Babylele - brown rice x 1 (west)
9. Karen - brown rice x2 (west)
10. saintbaby - brown rice x 1 (west)
11. shirlin - brown rice x 1 (west)
12. Shers83 - brown rice x 1

Central
1. jwys - brown rice x 1 (central)
2. Xuanxuan - brown rice x 1 (central/south)
3. Novbaby - brown rice X 2 (central/ east)

East
1. blessedcyn - brown rice x 2 (east)
2. carolorac - brown rice x 1 (east)

NorthEast
1. Momo _Mummy - Brown rice x 1 (north east)
2. momoko - brown rice x 1 (north east)
3 Agata - brown rice x 1 (North East)

Me from west... Ulu Jurong West (Pioneer). Anyone ordering? thx

saphira, i wash and then use hot water to rinse thru the parts and start pumping....is it ok huh?

When we steriliser the parts, do we need to dry the parts before putting in air tight container?

Back from the mattel warehse sale.
tt place is hot &amp; super dusty, i advised not to bring children there. I spent $95 there on toys meant for 6mths+

Haitong: My 200ml is every 5-6hrs lor!!!haha misleading yah?

Sporty: think mm6J is at sale la..u saw her FB la..For u pumping dun pump once already blocked duct?? Dunno le sometimes i feel like my medela cant empty my boobs..its like while milk is pumped until i dun see any coming out..but i have the heavy feeling le.. strange.

Rachelle: I have been faithfully pumping at least 4x a day le but my menses still came le! but yes during that time the ss will drop but will pick up to ur normal again wan..I oso *salute* u le.. wake up in the nite to pump!! steady...now i dun wake up already wanna koon koon koon

Sterilizing@wk: I bought a mini sterilizer hahahaha from mothercare..abt 70 dollars so i sterilized my stuff after my pump..i do it 2x per day in the office...

Haitong,
I don't wash them in the office. I just keep it back in the air tight container before placing back into the fridge after each usage. As long as u don't touch the parts where milk is in contact with, u don't don't need to clean the pump parts. U only need to clean and sterilize it once a day.

saphira, i also leave my pump parts in the fridge in the tupperware container when i'm at work...

rue, what toys did u buy?

raerae, yeah...she's at the sale...think she took half day to go! LOL... no la, cuz i like many hrs never pumped during the weekend, thas why kena blocked ducts... in the end, i survived on my gal to latch to clear, medela cant clear also...

kimifin, whether menses will come or not depends on individual...some gals on tbf, menses also came liao...

Back