(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

bidosoh, u juz bought ur FS? its a good pump la...so far no complaints abt it

veryfatmum, yeah...its not cheap but quality is good...esp good when bb learns to crawl...

sporty, yup. luckily I bought it. else my gal no milk to drink liao. I tried using the manual pump today at work, but cannot have let down. only FS can. Good investment.

bidosoh, and it saves time la...normally i juz pump 15 to 20 mins each session...chop chop and done! best tha its handsfree and can surf net or do my work while pumping!

hi, would like to check with the mummies who have bumbo seat... My son is currently 7.5kg, can he still fit into a bumbo seat? Thinking of getting one, but worried that he would not fit in within a few weeks... How long were u able to use the bumbo seat for?

Sporty,
Last & Tonight he didnt slp that easily, took baby 1-2hrs to slp but he's on the bed thru out on his own. At least now he can self soothe and talk to his pillows & himself and only yell when he cant get to slp a few times, but i'll ignore and he will stop after 10-20sec. This goes on till he fall aslp on his own.
So far, he's been napping very well since we started his training, generally 2-3hrs per nap for 3 naps a day and even slpt longer in the night too!
Seriously so long as we dun hv to rock him till god-knows-when he's gonna fall aslp, we are happy enough.

Starrz,
You tell yr IL if they do that, they are only wasting baby's cries for nothing and the training will take longer than it shd, ie: baby will need to cry even more and longer.
i learn that cannot put baby dwn when he is cranky, will only agitate them more. But more like carry him, let him listen to the music for 5-10mins, then when he calm dwn & become luan mian mian then put him dwn and quickly give him his fav beanie pillow, that works too with minimal or no crying at all and also no need rocking on our part.
But thats after baby has learn to slp on his own, last time if i try to put dwn my baby before he slpt, he will cry very loud, so no way i can do that man.
Also let him have his feed before slpg, can give abit like 50-70ml if he jus had his feed 1hr ago, cos they fall aslp easier with a full stomach.
Good luck!!!

Taurus33,
No leh, mine is call "the sleepsense program" by dana obleman.
You tink my baby easy to train? i also dunno leh, i kinda tink he is very stubborn, many times, he already fall aslp on his own but will wake up to cry as if "bu shuang" that we are not carrying him, this can goes on for an hr!
Mum says he is "niu (cow) pi qi(temper)".
I also realise the older the baby gets, the harder is it to train them.
Like my fren's 6m old baby cried for 2hrs on the 1st night and refused to nap on his own for 6hrs!
So after your training, your baby slpg on his own now?

babylele: Thats wat i do also~ I will sing baby a song (most likely the same song over and over again) when she is cranky so she will calm down. And i will give baby a small feed of 60-90ml and while she feed, sing her the same song and she will doze off halfway or after the feed. I do it twice a day. Once is after her bath and one is to get her to sleep at nite...

melodie: u gg bb fair on the 10th March? If yes, i can go also~!!! Heehee... i wana get a pink or purple bumbo seat too~!!!

ehh i thought hwa xia is the swimming de?

hey mummies~

Me and Rachelle just starting off with a Mummy and Baby Blog lately. I should say the webby is ready for launch already just that still pumping in contents.. and looking for products~ Yaaa.. the webby will be alot of sharing personal experiences , sharing of articles or books and also sourcing for good priced baby and mummy products :D

The webby is called www.MinistryofBabies.com. Cool rite? Heehee... U can go take a look now though not much things there yet. Still putting thgs together :D

Ohhhhh.. We intend to invite all the 2009 mummy threads to send us photos, descriptions and contacts of the 2nd hand bb and mummy products they wish to sell off. We are gg to post in our webby and advertise for them and u all FREE~!!! Hope this will help u all get sellers to buy ur 2nd hand items soon ^^

Email me ur list of products and photos now :D And not forgetting ur contact numbers and email. I will post the contacts and emails so the buyers will contact u directly if interested in the items
happy.gif

I am starting from digging my own list of items :p

morning all!
finally thurs...friday's coming! and also looking forward to sunday's gathering!!

lulu, it depends on how bak are ur son's legs...tha time for my #1, we used it for abt 3 mths...then didnt use...only after he started to crawl/walk, lost abit of bak-ness and we used it again... anyways if u dun want it, u can always sell it on WTS...there's always pple who wanna buy!

babylele, good to hear tha! at least u can catch more rest now
happy.gif

Good morning ladies!!!

Bidosoh: Thank you so much i've got ur PM =) U have 2 kids rite? so work and bb reeally must tire u out..actually one kid & one hb to take care of..i am already poof..

Babylele: Jia you Jia youzz..Actually i do the same as u..i juz "throw" my gal on the mattress n let her make herself sleep..i think after awhile they will get the idea plus they oso tire themselves out =) "CONGRATS" haha i rem when my gal first did it i was SOOOOOOOO happpy...no more carrying ..no more arm ache..*cross fingers* hope this will last!!

Jolene: U ladies are so techie!! Its a really nice webbie and i think the 2nd hand section is really useful for us!! thank you so much..i go put on my fb =) hee hee

raerae, my gal dun usually can empty my boobs when i latch so i will normally pump after latch lor... still have bm at 6ish when i pump...

AIYOH! My bb will miss the "class photo"!

If bb can sit on bumbo means can sit well?

I din buy bumbo, my nursing pillow has the function to be used as a support for bb to sit too.
He can sit, but doesn't like, and especially now, evenings he is cranky after I started work.

hope he can get used to the life.

0-6mths FM vs 6 mths FM

If my boy 5 mth +, can give 6mths FM?

Is it when intro FM, must get samples to test wat suits bb?

morning..its thursday and i am on leave today!

Babylele...
i tried the training yesterday... bb cry n cry n in the end, she suck her hand to sleep at about 9pm.
But wake at 3 plus again for milk.

Jus now... after bath.. tried again.. also cry n cry and waiting for me to give her pacifier.
Then she cry herself to sleep.
But she wake half an hour later...

I duno conclusion is what... is she cry herself to sleep or she can self soothe liao...

think still a long way to go before i succeed...
btw ur bb got wake up for milk in the middle of the night?

Kimifin: I am getting samples to try out the FM coz my niece last time when first transited to FM she had very bad constipation..bleed while pooing plus oso keep having fever. so when change to diff brand den things settle down.

I am not sure abt the 0-6 mth Vs 6 mth FM le...

Sporty: Ooo i see..hmm i think i may do that..but means the 6ish pump is not too much?

kimifin, some frens tha i kno still feed 0 to 6 mths FM to bbs after 6 mths as its more nutritious...they went to study the contents la! thas what they told me!

starrz, initially the bb will cry to sleep...after awhile they kno crying wun help...they will self entertain and self sooth...

raerae, yes not too much but at least it drains ur boobs and can produce more lor...

Sporty, Bidosoh the FS you both mention is it medala Free style pump? My amenda cant seem to give me any let down...or maybe i am losing my BM supply. Its getting worst after no pumping for 3 days during NATAs travel fair.

Chris - I feel the same as u. If there is any special pill or procedure that can increase BM supply i will try too...hahah..including poking the breast!! hahah...:p

I also want get a bumbo sit but not for my boy but my friend's baby as a gift. I worry the seat cant last for my boy. Yet tempted to get as seem alot of mummies here getting.

morning ladies.

<font color="119911">ayukie</font>, lol. soya bean look like milk same white white.

<font color="119911">ashley</font>, aiyo. poor thing. nvm, it will be over soon. jiayou!

velo, yeah...FS is medela freestyle... i think u can try to build up ur ss again lor since the travel fair ended le...

<font color="ff0000">
Reminder: Gathering @ Park Green this sunday!
Its from 12pm to 3pm!
Pls bring ur bumbos (if you have) and strollers wise, maybe if can, try to leave it in the car cuz theres limited space @ the function room...

Calling for Piggy!! are you still coming...pls trf the monies to me...</font>

Velo: need to pick up the pumping again =) Ameda abit lao hong (lose air) le..haha last time i used Ameda too..but find tat after sometime ( only 2 mth le) i feel the suction like not strong liao le..so i ended up getting a medela half way through...think one of the other mummies who still goin strong with the Ameda is Ayukie??

hi morning! jus finished my macdees bf..

bb is sleeping now. temp abit higher than normal. think cos of the vaccine last nite.

talking abt things to sell, i have breast pads and nappy liners. anyone interested? if so i can bring on sun, if not i will email u jolene.

thks!

sporty,
haha..okok, now that you mentioned space contraints i will leave my "mercedes" twin stroller at home. will carry and hold the kids instead.

velo,
why did you not pump for 3days? u work at travel fair? actually if you dont have storage shd just pump and throw to keep up supply. i rem last time i need to fly overseas for work, i even pumped in the air!! (haha..i mean on plane). and while there i just pump and dump on the spot..abit heartpain but bo bian.

raerae, dun condemn ameda la...i used to bf my #1 for 1 yr with tha!

mm6j, wahh...hot cakes? *slurps*

stacey, can leave ur "mercedes" outside the function room la...u walking over rite? esp if u coming alone with 2 kids...u better bring stroller...

raerae, yes, I was thinking of that too. so if intro, better dun wait my supply is completely down, maybe try to mix by giving a feed of FM.

Anyone knows which brand is good for less constipation? I know must feed water to bb, but how much?

someone ask about bb waking up for feeds in the nite?
Yes, mine still the same "pai gia"(naughty boy)
10pm feed bottle(to ensure he drk more) 130am, 330am then 430am need milk!

last time was 1,3,5...now he torture me to get less sleep

kimifin, choosing which FM is more trial and error cuz diff bbs react differently to FM! so no particular brand which cause constipation etc

raerae, hehe...juz kidding with u la...heheh...

sporty,

my PD give a big tin to me, I ask for wyeth one, cos i duno wat is ok...so now, just write in to request for samples? anyone got lobang?

duno y my boobs are hurting recently? i pumping 3-4 hrs regularly, but duno cos i took soya bean milk in the morn.

Raerae &amp; Jolene,
You are good! If only i had let him cry abit when he is younger then wouldnt need this training now le.
You are right, i was so excited when he can fall aslp by himself!! Nv thought its possible!

Starrz,
how long did your baby cry last night before she slpt at 9pm?
Mine 35mins of hard crying, but 2nd night cried for 1hr, last night 2hrs of fussing (not crying).
My fren's baby cried for 2hrs on 1st night.
On my 1st few naps of training, also very hard as mentioned in the book (u finished the book?)
My baby cried for 30mins and only slpt for 20mins on 1st nap (usually he can slp for 1hr), then 2nd nap, he cried for 10mins and slpt for 3hrs! Probly too exhausted.
I think beginning they cried themselves to sleep, slowly they get used to lying dwn and sleep on their own w/o our help, that is when they learnt self soothing le.
It helps in their sleep cos during slpg, sometimes they woke up but now they are able to slp back on their own thus to us they can sleep longer.
Before that if they woke up, they will cry for us to help them sleep back.
The program is for 10days, some babies faster, some even need beyond 10days and diff baby yield diff results.
For me i am simply happy that i can now carry him (w/o rocking) until he is very slpy and jus put him dwn and he slp with minimum crying.
For my fren, she dun even carry until he is slpy, as soon as her baby rub his eyes, she will put him dwn on the cot and let him self soothe and fall aslp even if it means abit of crying while she walk out of the room and do her own things.
Good luck man!

Kimifin: Juz google the websites..Dumex-Mamil, Nestle-NAN, MeadJohnson - Enfalac? I did a search den one by one went le.. but as i mentioned for those after 6mth the com only send to u AFTER ur bb turn 6mth..

Somone once told me tat the more calcium the formula has..the more likely constipation..but yah like sporty say have to trial and error..

R u a SAHM? Ur pumping schedule is power le...and ur boy oso hmm power but now give him more milk oso good..sometimes after jabs bb lose appetite etc etc..hee hee

Sporty: hee hee its ok..

Lunch on 8 march (mon)
swensens at ion orchard at 12pm
1. Fieda
2. Superwalker
3. Novbaby
4. Xuanxuan

anyone else interested?

I am going to the taka baby fair on Thursday too
happy.gif
anyone wants to go together?

raerae,

I just resumed work.
Cos just back and warming up, still can have time to pump, I just come early to work and pump the 1st thg I reach office. 4 hours is the one with least disruption to my work, but as I got a lot of things to catch up, I pump and read my stuff lor. so is 830(try to latch bb at 6am if not, v full breasts), 1230 and 430 to pump.

Intend to slot in 1 more pump, so hopefully can reserve more for bb to drk.

Rae,
yes u reminded me, he had his jab 2 weeks back and was not keen for milk n sleep v long between feeds. Now he back to normal...hhaa

Starrz,
Ya he still woke up for milk, now i put him to slp at 7-8pm, 1st night he woke up at 12am (cry for 15mins before slpg) &amp; 4am (cry &amp; stop for 1.5hrs before slpg) for milk.
2nd night no crying for both night feeds.
3rd night only wake up for 1 feed at 1.30am but cry for 1hr intermittenly cos he got frustrated that he tries very hard to slp yet he cant.
Last night also 1 feed only and no crying at all cos mummy this time learnt fr prev experience, chop chop with his burping, diaper chg &amp; cleaning his face.

Like my fren whom went tru the training for 2months says, there are still good and bad days.
Some days he slpt w/o fuss, some days still cry even though already 2m into the program.
No foolproof method, babies are still human after all.
But at least they learn the skill of falling aslp on their own, good for their future growth too.
Hope the abv helps =)

tanly: tks for e update, later i go isetan and look see..

jolene: realised tt taka fair is 11th and not 10th? must change leave date liao...

i thot of going to hwa xia for the baby haircut, not for swimming.. i'm going to buy the portable tub, u can bring jamie over for swims if u want, hehe...

i also have BN breast pads &amp; nappy liners to let go
happy.gif
maybe we can all bring our stuff for sale to lelong on sun?

xuan2/sporty: tks for offering to bring mats, i hope to get a bumbo by this sunday!
happy.gif

superwalker> i don mind gg taka sale with u
happy.gif
sms/msn me?
happy.gif

melodie> later we all "sell" same things but no one wants to buy, haha

babylele,
thanks so much for sharing. Really appreciate that.

Yesterday she cry for half an hour but on off i got carry her n calm her down and she stop crying then put her down... i repeat the process again n again until she zz...
book havent finish but agar agar read thru those important points..
Did ur bb need pacifier previously?

Mine is need pacifier and rocking/bouncing to sleep.
For 2 nights i never rock liao, then yesterday night i started to keep all my pacifiers and want to lock it up (haha in case my MIL found it and gave to her)

Then morning and now... also no pacifier... and she still cry herself to sleep.
Hope sooner or later, she dun even cry can zz liao. *pray*

now typing this.. she woke again after half an hour.. duno when then can zz long..
but i will jia you!
Thanks
happy.gif

kimifin, u can email or call the FM companies for samples...

mel, looking forward to sunday!! i'm trying to tie up the loose ends for the event today!

babylele,
Yes my boy sleeps on his own since i started training him. Actually he loves his cot than other places. He would rather that we put him in his cot then carry him. Sometimes will struggle when we carry him. Is true that babies are difficult to train as they get older cause they character will slowly surface out. I did not want to repeat the same mistake when i took care of my girl so started training early. It was difficult to train my girl when she was more than 6 months old. Surprisingly she was able to sleep on her own when we changed her cot to a single bed. Think she hated the cot.

starrz,
During training they will cry to sleep but when they are trained no more crying liao. They will play on their own till they tired and sleep. Jia you, must persist if not waste the baby crying.

mm6j ...like you always having hot cakes...is that the reason for the good ss ...hmmm

kimfin, i heard from my friend if the baby is slightly over 6 mth, it is better to feed him w 0-6 mth FM for a while before moving to the 6mth FM

nicole> *faints... there is such co-relation? :p

i envy all of u here, those who are sahm and those who have a 'good office env' i feel like i am having bad work days
sad.gif

hahaha mm6j i think so leh..i think hor maple syrup is made from fenugreek...my ss is dropping v fast after i started work so sad guess i have to start FM soon

Back