(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

ayukie, my boy attends growing up gifted and they teach zoophonics...

xuanxuan, actually bb have bui bui thighs also good...they can sit more properly in the bumbo...heheh :p

bidosoh, u gonna demo zoophonics! interesting
happy.gif

updates on payments for Park Green gathering...
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>No of paxs</TD><TD>status</TD><TD>payment status </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>melodie (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>sporty (2A + 1 todd + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>mm6j (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>ayukie (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Jane (2A + 1 todd + bb) + maid</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Piggy (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>jolene428 (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>devlina (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>ashley (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>fieda (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>shirlin (1A + bb)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Mitsy (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>novbaby (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Nicole (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Tanly (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Swanston (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Xuanxuan (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>veryfatmum (2A + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Shihui (2A + 1 todd + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>reenie (2A + 1 todd + bb)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>zentan (1A + 1 todd + bb) + maid</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>confirmed</TD><TD>received </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>41</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

superwalker, are you all still short of one person to enjoy the one for one?
if you are, then count me in.
I have pm-ed you le.
contact me?

veryfatmum,
if im going, want to share cab?
I have pm-ed you too.
contact me?

ardenz, i guess what the sea gym offers (rotating cushioned support) is quite different from the playmat. Perhaps u can find something with cushioned support to elevate your baby and continue to use the playmat? The elevation must be safe thou...

So far, the cheapest Bumbo Seat I've come across is $49.90 without the play tray. Not sure how much Hyperstore is selling at.

Sporty, haha, i got another idea! With bui bui thighs, it will be harder for our toddlers to get out of the seat when they can walk in months to come. Then we can feed them in it! No need to chase after them liao. =)

Min, not sure if superwalker has replied you. Yes, we are still short of 1 person. Do join us!

ardenz - isetan selling at 49.90, now till 10th mar

i'm going to get one by this week
happy.gif

xuanxuan - the sea gym looks really fun ! good deal
happy.gif

yah, taka baby fair starting on 10th mar, shld have bumbo seat too.. hw abt the tray? anyone knows the cheapest deal by far?

xuan2 - lil YX will hv loads of fun, i'm sure... :p

min, i just sms-ed you.. got receive?

wow.. i m feeling excited about the coming baby fairs! *rub hands in glee* I wonder what we can buy for babies now? hmmm..

hi ladies,

been awhile since i last post, been very busy taking care of baby as he is getting more demanding by the day.

Wonder if anyone of you had begun yr slp training with yr baby, ie: teach baby to self soothe and to slp on his own instead of rocking him to slp.

sporty> I know u are an advocate in self soothing and i am soooo impressed with the way u train your girl that she is so kwai now, i guess i will know what to do on my 2nd baby, doing the right thing starting fr day 1 =)

Well, anyway i began my slp training last night + nap time, as expected baby cries like nobody's biz and the longest so far was for an hr thou its nothing compared to my fren's baby who cried for 2hrs on the 1st night.

Just when i see some progress (he proudly slpt by himself after his night feeding, even after a diaper chge while wide awake tonight), he literally lost his voice, instead of the usual loud cries, it has became squeaks or husky sound (not even a qualify as a cry).

Now i dunno to continue the training or not, since we already come this far and i really see gd progress, like baby slps longer, more patient before he start crying, he can stop crying on his own w/o anyone carrying to comfort him, he can slp back when he suddenly jerk awake and even slp by himself w/o having anyone to rock him at times.

I had to do this by no choice as i am going bk to work and he can only slp with ME rocking him, not anyone else and recently he had been getting poor slp in the night, waking up at 1am, 3am, 6am and 8am, its driving me crazy and half of the wakes is not to feed, simply cos he woke up and cant get bk to slp.

fell asleep while latching my gal juz now.. woke up to pump n juz finished the last pump for the day.. going back to sleep liao..
happy.gif

momo mummy,
my gal snorts.. not snore.. :p she sounds like a piggy lor... :p can hear tt it's blocked lor..

regarding tv watching,
recently, there's a news article regarding watching tv.. Baby Einstein allow refund for its baby einstein series aft it has been proven tt it does not help in learning.. research has proved tt watching too much tv (even if it's baby einstein) hinders learning..

superwalker,
i intro walker to my boy at abt 8mths when he got the strength to stand supported.. heard abt bow legs issue too.. but i think as long as u dun put bb in there for the whole day, it shd be fine lah...
happy.gif

chenmama,
how's valerie? able to poo liao? my massage therapist taught me a tui na method before.. it works whenever my gal suffers fr constipation.. u can try massaging the arch of her feet..

raerae,
there's a gd tcm clinic recommended by taurus.. my other fren recommended it too.. so i think it shd be gd.. it's Fu Nan, Blk 152 Bukit Batok West Ave 6, Dr Su..

shihui, can i have the tel of Funan?
wanted to bring my gal for tuina also, my gf gave me contact 1 at sembawang and 1 at JE. sembwang one said 3mth bb too young for tuina and JE always pack with ppl..

i think watching TV program as long as moderate should be ok bah..
my gf's gal always watch disney playhouse, the way she talk english like ang mo! while my nephew also watch same channel, he can't really communicate with others wor.

Haitong, I didnt' use the zoophonics flashcards. I just use nomal a,b,c cards. Actually the important part is the alphabets, action, names and phonic sound. I don't think the original zoophonics flashcards is that important. As after we learned the alphabets...phonic sound from a playgroup class I just used normal abc flashcard to re-cap with my son at home. He is ok with them too. I will try to demo the full set today for the mummies in Aquamarine if they wants to see it. They can even record it down if they wants to and teach their kids/bb at home. Its actually very simple. I learned it when I have to join my son's playgroup class when he is 2 years old.
You can search the internet for Zoophonics. There are some centers in Singapore. Though I didn't go to these centers. They do sell the flashcards and CDs which teaches the action, phonic sounds, etc... but as what Sporty mention. Its rather expensive. I think I will try to do a video session and pass to any mommies who wants it. But really pai seh leh, I am not photogenic. Don't laugh at me hor!

Shihui. My gal also have the snorting sound. Is it recently that your bb have them? My gal have that almost immediately after she is born. But recently I didn't hear it at all. I have checked with 2 PD so far. Both said that they will grow out of it. My fren boy last time also like that. Now already grown out of it. She also mention that her boy when born that time keep sneezing if temp change, smell, etc... then he grown out of it when he is bigger. Now he is 4 years old. My gal also has this problem. After hearing that, I am relief. What she said is true, as now the sneezing problem is becoming lesser too.

funne,
the tel is 68961618..

i oso feel tt moderate tv is okie.. juz dun let them watch fr day to night can liao.. :p

bidosoh,
if u r recording the zoophonics, can i hav a copy? hehehe.. want to teach my kids too... coz i dunnoe wat to say to my gal leh.. always coo-ing n ah-ing only.. will be gd if i can say something useful to her.. :p

my gal started to develop this snorting sound aft her full mth... initially, only occassional.. so we thought nothing of it.. but recetly, her snorting is almost consistant... and it's accompanied with sneeze (with phelgm) somemore... so we got concerned... consult the PD n was told tt it's sensitive nose.. my boy oso has sensitive nose... both me n my hb are mild case of sensitive nose.. but both my kids got it worse than us.....
sad.gif

ya... ur fren is right.. for newborn, sneezing is actually a way for them to clear their nostril etc... so it's perfectly normal n will reduce when they r older...
happy.gif
my boy had tt when he was young too.. n outgrow it..
happy.gif

morn all...
gonna be late today!
went back to nap awhile after i latched my gal!
hahha

gals who are going for aquamarine today, enjoy
happy.gif
eat more oysters and sashimi (to boost milk ss!)

xuanxuan, hahha...ya lor...i always force my boy to sit in bumbo last time with his bui bui thighs but eventually he learnt how to "escape" from it...hahha

babylele, dun be impressed la...i juz learnt from my mistakes la...my #1 wasnt an easy bb then! i'm glad tha u are "hard hearted" enough to let ur boy cries it thru! jia you...u can do it one!
happy.gif

shihui, bb einstein got provide refund eh? hahha...too bad mine is "burned" copies...whahhaha :p

bidosoh, u gonna do live demo and let the gals record down eh...u good leh! *salutes*:p

re: zoophonics...more info on what it is...
http://www.zoophonics.com.sg/page2.html

shi hui, really pai seh. Thought about it again, I don't think I will do it myself. I will video my son, hope he can remember all the actions :)
He didn't practice a long long time liao.
But, then see how lor.
Hee...

sporty, its hilarious! Ya, must it clear, record down the words or voice. Appreciate no videoing. Else I think I will really faint and can't finish A to Z. Must be too early when I post that, didn't think and say properly. Oops....

bidosoh, i only dare to do it at home or in the car lor...hee...aquamarine quite 'open' one and will attract attention if u do it...hee :p i think when young kids do it, they looked v cute lor..

sporty, can share what you mean by your boy wasn't a easy baby? And how you tackle the issue. My gal's sleeping is an issue since day 1. She like don't need to sleep one leh in the daytime, she just need to nap at most 1 hour, other times 15 minutes. She also fall asleep in every feedings. Day or night, nursing = sleeping. She will nurse for 5 minutes and then fall asleep (sleep less than 1 hour). No matter what you do, moving her arms/legs, tickling, cold towel all cannot wake her up. Then repeat the whole process again. Thats why all the bad habits from us to make her sleep. Sometime still cannot sleep. She is very alert, some noise only, she will wake up. Very jiak lat. BTW, all these apply to daytime.

sporty, thanks for note. So won't demo all. Just a, b, c. I can't write out the whole thing. As I can't remember the spelling of some names already. Just know how to pronounce it.

Bidosoh, Dun paiseh lah... show us lah.... *i secretly video it down*... hehehe

Shihui: *Sorry sorry* Hahaha.. my ang mo very poor.. haha... i dun noe wat is snort .. so i tot is snore... hahaha... now i noe wat is snort liaoz... Thank U for teaching me
happy.gif

Lucas snore and also snort... Hehehe

Sporty, thermal suit means ur boy wear 6 mths nia ah? wah like that very waste money hor?

Velo: yup yup the world is really small, another mummy is also my colleague friend... and another mummy here is my friend sister...

Jo: thanks, bidosoh PM me liao.... bt merah abit far for me... only if hubby is free then can bring me cos i dun dare to drive as I dun noe how to park... Hahaha

Jo and Xuan Xuan: ya our babies are the smallest among all
happy.gif
Lucas now only drink abt 90ml... and got mood then he drink 120ml.... still very small eater... if i latch him.. each side 5mins he dun want liao....

Xuan Xuan: I love Lamaze product, they are all very cute and Lucas love them alot
happy.gif

VeryFATmum: I bought teether for lucas liao... cos he always like to bite my shoulder and hands when i carry him... but he dun noe how to hold it... so i hold for him then he will bite and suck... hehhe...

Ztaciep: Mt E teach me to use stringe on Lucas, cos that time he refuse to latch and I dun wan to introduce bottle to him yet previously... but really take very very long to finish the milk milk...

Superwalker: I CANT WAIT FOR OUR LUNCH TO COME!!!! Hehehe

good morning mummies...

Sporty,
ya share u train your little ones to sleep on their own leh.
I have to hong n coax my gal to sleep... sometimes have to hong more than an hour. Have to carry, rock, sing and dance then she can sleep... just when i thought she finally sleep, put her on bed and she woke and i had to repeat the whole process again. Help!

Morning ladies...
i missed quite alot these days..
hardly got time of my own over the weekends.
Yest brought my boy to jab ( decided to take 6 in 1 and rota) and he very cranky after that. He was affected by the hot weather, i also cant stand it.
any babies got affected by weather?

I wash the Medela Freestyle tubing. I can't dry the water droplets in the tubing completely. What can i do to dry it. If not dry completely can use for pumping or not? 1st timer using FS. Please advice as soon possible. As really need to try by today. As tomorrow working liao. Thank-you.

rehi all!
finally in office!

bidosoh, my boy wasnt easy since the day we were back from hospital...he's practically US timing...at nite he dun wanna sleep and was always very alert after milk and wanna play...so basically everyday during ML was really sleepless nites lor...and after ML, my mum offered to take care of him on weekdays so tha i can rest for the nite and work the next day...he also never stop "torturing" her lor...he very pattern one, wanna be carried to sleep and u cannot carry him while u sit down lor...u must STAND up and carry him...somehow he knos the diff... anyways, i had been thinking what went wrong before my #2 was born so tha my #2 wun turn out to be like tha...then i realised could be the routine thingy lor cuz my #1 was not on any routine and i juz fed him on demand...maybe thas why at nite he's still hungry and didnt feed enough and kept waking up!!

i find tha some of the zoophonics action very funny...cant imagine if we do olive octopus orh orh orh...hahhahhah :p

u wash the FS tubing??!! i never wash before leh...u wanna let it air dry? or put in somewhere where its more "windy"...

momo mummy, yes lor...wear 6 mths nia...after tha have probs zipping him up in tha suit...nvm la, now my #2 can wear mah...so not waste money la

starrz, i guess mine started from routine cuz i dun carry her much since shes back from hospital...so she can self entertain herself quite well... sleeping wise, i will juz wipe her at 8ish...changed her clothes and nursed her to sleep... no special gimmicks or what la...think she's juz "used it" this sequence... we never rock our bb la cuz we dun wanna make it a habit...i also told my CL off tha time when she rocks my gal...

Sporty> Agree, guess for 1st baby, probably we dunno hw to set them with the right things straight cos too dotes on them le, cannot stand just one more second to hear them cry.

Anyway Mummies, i went tru my 2nd night slp training very well, baby wakes up for feeding and once put on the bed, he can slp by himself within 5mins for both feeds! No cry at all.

Just when i was in a dilemma whether to stop the training, Mum and Hubby suggest we stick to it since already came this far which i am so glad we did, cos baby jus fall aslp by his own after only 10mins of crying for his 1st nap at 8.30am!

No more rocking, swaying, breaking of my and mum's back =)

I have a ebook that i follow, mummies who are interested to explore can PM me, i can email it to you.

Good luck babes and enjoy the buffet today!!

babylele, also becuz first bb...u dunno the ropes and u juz hear what ur mum or ur MIL teach u...so in the end, the "blind" leads the blind (us)! good tha ur sleep training is successful...think we juz have to be "hard hearted" at times...so when are u going back to work?

Sporty> yayya, thats true. cos our mums hv no idea abt a routine schedule, i also realise most babies that slpt tru early are usually those on routine since day 1. Actually i knew abt schedules but was just too chicken to insist my mum to follow cos was trying very hard not to create any unnecessary conflicts if possible, since insisting a no "yao lan" &amp; pacifier already got a black face and a u-tink-its-easy-taking-care-of-a-baby look.

Going bk to work next mon le, guess i am already one of the Nov mummies to go bk work late so cant complain "SIANZZZ" here, heee

sporty, my first one also feed on demand. He is different, he will finish feeding until he has his fill. Then burp and put to bed and fall asleep by himself. He will sleep on his own, no rocking, no hand carrying, no yao lan. He can nap 3-4 hours straight, then wakes up for his next feed, burp and sleep and repeat. At night, just 2 weeks of US timing. After that he is adjusted. That time my ML I am so free. He nap 3 times initially, meaning 9 hours I can do my own things. I can watch tv, read books, etc....

My girl is just different from his brother in the daytime like don't need to nap one lor. If asleep, you need to rock and rock and rock. I bought a electronic yao lan in the end. Cos no choice. Night time not too bad lah, can sleep in cot.

Actually routine will work for my gal if only she can sleep longer. Anyway as long as she can sleep at least 5-6 hours in the daytime ok liao. As she can sleep about 10 hours straight in the night.

babylele,
i am interested in the ebook. Will PM u
happy.gif

thanks.
For sleep training, isist just let bb cry n cry and then let them sleep on their own?

I think mine already soo used to carrying and rocking. Duno how to kick off the habit.
Sporty, mine also canot sit down while carrying. Whole body got to shake n shake then she dun cry. Sometimes i got no energy liao..
Got to train her liao.. but duno how to start??

tanly, I bought a Combi high chair during my son days. It can incline all the way down for newborn. When babies are ready to eat solid or are ready to sit up you can prop it up. It got wheels and is easy to push around. I push my gal all over the house. Like push her near my computer table, push her to dining table, push her to laundry area when I need to hang clothes. Its very useful and convenient when you want your bb to be near you when you do things.

Starrz,
I speed read the ebook on one night and take dwn notes cos was desperate.
After hearing a success story fr a fren on her 5m old baby using this program, I decide to try it.

Baby is making evryone very grouchy, my mum, hubby and myself so I thought if he can slp by himself, it saves a lot of work.

I started on sun night and today is only the 2nd day but I see good progress on him.
Other than the fact he lost his voice that makes it very heartbreaking to hear him cry.

Almost wan to give up lasy night but he suddenly shw very gd progress this morning that seems to be a sign to persevere on and my fren's baby also lost his voice for a week.

So I decide to continue.

But if anytime u decide u cant cope w his cries, trust yr instinct if u tink there's a need to give up ya.

Good luck.

babylele, so shiok! going back to work next week! tha was my "inital" date also but too bad! ya lor, my mum also cultivate the habit of drinking milk in the middle of the nite for my boy so at times he still wake up for milk also cuz my mum juz used the easy way out, when he cried last time , she fed him milk so now he has the habit of drinking if he wants! thas why die die for #2 no milk for her if she cries in middle of the nite! hahah

bidosoh, i guess every bb is diff la... my fren and i always say...if ur #1 is easy, #2 will be opposite and vice versa lor...god is fair mah...no easy life for both kids! hehe

starrz, i think u have to be more hard hearted lor...after ur gal get used tha no one will "hiew" her or pick her up...she will self sooth and get used to it!

Morning,

Shihui
i plan to bring Valerie to yr tui na at Funan to try.. thanks

Bidosoh
i also want to learn how to do zoophonics, may i have a copy
happy.gif

Today Schedule
9am - i wake up
- nurse Valerie, change her diaper
(this week) she like to play beside the mirror and look at herself and smile
happy.gif

(ME) water plants, clean floor, do laundry, eat breakfast, check email..

11am Bath, change diaper, nurse, nap
(ME) bath

12 noon Go jalan
(Valerie fav activies)visit aquarium at Tampines Mall then doing marketing at NTUC

Sporty> My colleagues did hint hint for me to go bk earlier but i refused lor. I make sure i dun take unnecessary leave last yr, when i was pregnant jus so i had all reasons to take my 4m ML straight.
I still feed baby for the night feeds, probly until he's 6m then i'll try to stop in case it becomes habitual.
Now i am only hoping that he can self soothe and slp by himself whenever he is slpy, that will save alot of crying cos he tend to scream till the roof came dwn whenever he cant get to slp, everytime!

Ya gotto be hard hearted but only for a few days of hard crying but save alot of tears going fwd if he learn the ropes of slpg on his own, and not rely on our rocking to slp.

So very worth it in the long run.

babylele..
thanks a lot.. got the ebook :D

sporty...
hard hearted.. okie i admit i am soft hearted..but i got to try it out.. for my own and bb good.
Now the problem is... IN LAWS always want us to carry bb whenever she cries. hubby wanted to try out and let bb cry.. once think she cry so loud for 5 min.. IN LAWS want to carry and say canot let bb cry for so long.
How am i going to try in that way.. even i can try out when i am back home after work.. but during office hours.. wait scarly i manage to train bb liao then in laws 'spoilt' the training again. Haiyo...

morning ladies,
2nd day back to work. Haven enter lab cos need to see company doc 1st. so tiring to breastfeed while working. Yesterday after work, go hm, shower, wash all the milk bottles accumulated over the day, dinner then pump at 8pm, wipe baby cos she's sticky, play w her, feed her bottle milk, that goes my evening. Argz

babylele, so how many times does ur boy still wake up in the middle of the nite? for my gal, she used to wake up once a nite to feed...eventually she managed to sleep thru lor cuz i cluster feed her in the evenings before she KO for the nite

starrz, ya la...with ILs or parents ard very diff to train one cuz they will bu she de to let bb cry...for me as we are independent and staying on our own, so its definitely easier lor

rue, evenings are very short one on weekdays...mine too but bo bian lor!

nicole, dun sian...u can see ur kai kai when u are home tonite!!

i think i am a mad woman...rushing here n there today n i hope i can go home on time today as my son's sick and didnt attend skool!

Bidisoh,yr gal is like my son now. We end up buying electronic yao lan. The amount of sleep in day and night also same as my son! Just that after a certain hrs of sleep into the night, he will like keep turning his head n struggle...

Back