(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

superwalker, i let u know again can? cos wanting to see if my cousin is going to pass me her 2nd hand cot too... if not, then i let you know again.

swanston, same here! my bb girl always rub her face on my chest when i carry her upright, like a cute worm trying to find her way into the tree truck...she also always sleep w mouth open, do your bb have stuffy nose?

kimifin, yes, Tangs have alot of nice clothes, happen to pass by last week, see until drool, but a bit exp...

sporty, you only buy clothes for your children, what abt yourself? wei dai de ma ma ...me now doing online shopping for my cny...kekeke
happy.gif
me just kidding lah! i dont want to spoilt your appetite, she v unprediable, scare she will b cranky when bring her out...im v excited when i think of coming out to meet up w all the mummies, will talk to my mum abt it....
happy.gif

tanly, must b very stressful to hear your bb cry like that, is it bcos she had wind in stomach? or just cranky, see if can carry her near to your chest, talk to her using soft voice near her ear, i always rock her gently and told her "ok,ok, mummy sayang mummy sayang, dont worry mummy is here" then kiss her cheek....to smoothen her down...

tanly, dont give yourself too much stress, it's ok if your bb sitter do not want to take care, better than she accept unwillingly and did sth funny, there is another alternate to put her in infant care...

hi mummies,

I am back. Taka sales not bad. The nursing room was so crowded, i ended up pumping in the toilet. I did not have time to comb thru' the store thoroughly. Medela (spare parts and pumps)is having 15% discount and members enjoy another 10%. Most of the bb brands are on sale. So if you have taka card pretty good buys. I bgt some clothes for my gal and boy. If you are into branded stuffs, Jimmy Choo, Kenzo,Brunomagli,Cole Hann, Agnes B, Kate Spade, Max and Co all have additional 10% (for members) on top of their sales discount. All the cosmetic brands also have 10% discount for members. Pretty good buys. I better hide my shopping bags. Hub going to serve me warning letter again if he saw how much i spent. I just got one last wk during the robinson sale.

tanly, the bumbo seat(wo tray) is on sale at $66.90, member get additional 10%.

Sporty, haha sales do get me excited.

Alicia, thanks. Shopping during sales is my favourite past time. U can make some time to shop too. Sale is the best time to buy.

Min, I also experienced sharp shooting pain. I thought letdown 'cos sometime milk shoot out when i have the pain.Not normal ah?

tanly, think sometimes bb also have their mood...my gal have her cranky days as well...maybe these few days is one of those days...

alicia, got ah...i got buy clothes for myself during the recent mango sales ah and last week also bought 3 pairs of shoes...heheh...but frankly hor, after being a parent, u will seldom buy things for urself already,..hehhe...which site u buying from? for urself or ur gal? come la...i'm sure ur mummy will help
happy.gif

sally, great tha there's good buys at the taka sales
happy.gif

Alicia, when you say stuffy nose, u meant baby like got phlegm? My boy also has it. I can hear him grunting at night when he is sleeping. My elder gal also like that but went away when she was older. Acording to a TMC nurse, it is due to the food we ate during pregnancy. Particularly if u consume food which are too "liang". I didn't really bother to find out from the PD since they have no problem breathing.

anyone knows where to get drawstring pants or other stretchable types??

At least I can still wear them when my tummy fats are getting less.

Tanly.. Yah dunno why bb need to cry whEn they want to sleep? To make themselves more tired so can sleep?

Sally, think that is the let down reflex.. The pain I have now is diff from the usual let down.. Even not feeding also got the pain.. It's weird.. Wow sounds like u bought many goodies today... I want to go shopping too!!

Thanks sporty, no need say paiseh la

Sharon, can use a manual pump like the avent one

kimifin, if ure into online shopping.. Can try Victoria secrets
happy.gif

kimifin, u can try River Island, British India and some maternity wear shops.

Min, oh i see. but i think shouldn't be major ba. ya bgt quite a few things but majority of the stuffs are for babies, the house and hubby.

Blessedcyn, I also put my baby on his tummy. He slept longer. He struggle a bit but will fall aslp when he finds the right position. He knws how to shift his head such that he can breathe properly so I am not worry.

wah, so many posts!!

Starrz, i gave baby one teaspoon of gripe water. never dilute with water. he likes it lei. he will like taste the gripe water and appear sedated after tat haha.

I tried letting my boy lie on his tummy. he also like burrow his face into the bed.. so cute. then he started to try lifting his head up. it;s interesting to watch how they do all these stuff!! haha

I feel like going shopping!!! but then dunno where got nice nice clothes for me. i was addicted to online shopping for a period of time. then i realise most of the clothes i buy online are not fitting. either too big or too small. sigh. but i did bought those CNY rompers from the spree. very cute. like Long Pao like tat. litte emperor!

oh yes, can go buy levi's. bring old jeans and you get $50 off any levi jeans. quite worth. i bought one pair of jeans at $70.

I feel like going taka shopping liao!! but i was just wondering will metro have 20% sale before CNY. then the disc will be even more huh?

wah u productive leh. can do so many things.

mine also slept at 9ish. but elder gal like going to have fever due to her MMR jab. think tonight going to be a sleepless one. alrdy standby chicken of essence.

Sporty,
my hubby just tranfer $18.72 (Ref:2794) today. Paiseh pay so late..

After seeing how you bf at lunch the other day,
ive been trying at home..
using my shawl to cover when i bf her..
But she will trying to pull it and her legs also start to kickings sigh..
Will try again tom

blessedcyn, wake up ur gal to LATCH!! whahha :p

sally, i'm those kind who cant sit down to do nothing lor... ohhh...MMR jab ah...good luck... the fever could be quite shiong one...

chen mama, no prob, will check my a/c
happy.gif
think ur gal kpo (like what u said), not used to being covered up lor :p

hi gals,sorry to interrupt.. i have boxes of extra lansinoh milkbags to sell off.. $17 for box of 50s. please pm me if you are interested. Box is new and sealed.

sporty, yeah! she is a kpo type..another problem is she's a loud drinker..
feel paiseh to latch in public..
i try to learn is because next month we will be travelling and i tot i will be better if i can latch her( like the way u hatch yr bb, so guai guai)

sporty: ya latching her now.

mummies, r both of your breasts equal in size? my left boob can be engorged in 5 hrs but the right is alright.

Sally, my elder gal haven't taken her MMR jab, cos she was sicked and have postponed. Will bring her to take these few days. Is she having fever now? I thought fever will come on 7th days to 10th days after the jab? Hope she's ok.

Orh, your gal went infant care and cut down on weight huh... u must be heart pain. But u got so many helpers, y still need to send her to infant care leh?

You means your mil come and look after your kids you still have to cook for her? Can ask your maid to cook? But your husband so good leh, get a nanny and a maid for you.

Sporty, saw your gal's photos in fb, so cute leh. Your boy looked like your husband. Your gal and boy sleep in one room huh? My #1 still sleeping with us while my #2 sleep in other room alone.

ariesgal, me not pumping now. My bb is on fm. I still awake cos I wake up at 3pm today. My mil will come in the morning to take care of my two kids. That's y I can sleep until so late.

xuantingmum, oic... keke.... but u still don't wanna go and zzz?

me going to zzz liao... later still need to wake up soon to prepare for #1 school...

Aiyo, don't know what happen to my girl. Getting from bad to worst. Cranky in the day and now refuse to sleep after her feeding at 4.30. Think I am loosing patience with her liao. Her eyes are big as marble now. So tired and sian.

I don't think I enjoy motherhood like the rest of you. Esp when you have a gal where everyday got new pattern.

miss my pump again, super engorged. My boy slept from 9pm to 5ish.Hopefulluy this is sustainable.
Sporty, luckily my gal's fever was mild. i gave her paracetamol at 1 am and she did not wake up after that.

Xuantingmum, wah u really slept late during the day. Yes my gal took her MMR jab last wk. oh initially, we thought we can ask nanny to take care no 2 and no need to ask MIL's help. But the plan backfired loh.

ya loh have to cook for MIL cos she complained maid's cooking sucks and she don't want to eat.aiya, my hubby also dun want a grumpy wife.
Plus i will nag at him to help more if i can't handle.

tanly, motherhood has ups and downs. U may not enjoy it now but perhaps later when they are older and more manageable. I used to think like u cos my gal also very fussy and can wake up many times in a night. Now i am blessed with a more easy going baby and also my gal getting better. So hang on there.

looking at big scheme of things, at least we can have children and are blessed with healthy ones. I have met so many couples who have problems conceiving and will try every ways just to have a baby. I also knw friends who either have autistic children or have some kind of genetic illness. These people went thru' so much more compared to us. So we nothers here really have to count our blessings.

morn all...me woke up with engorgement cuz i basically zzz thru after feeding my gal at 1ish...now she's still zzzz...

chen mama, slowly train her lor since still have 1 mth before u travel...if not u can get the nursing shawl or even sew one cuz at least tha one hides better...

blessedcyn, i also have one boob tha produces less milk than another...think its normal ba...

xuantingmum, eh...my boy look like my hb eh? some gals here say look like me...ahehhe...yes, my plan is to let them sleep in one room but #1 will wanna go out to sleep in living room (cuz he naps there in afternoon when hes at home) in the middle of the nite...so in the end, we gave up...so my son sleeps on floor mattress in living room, #2 in kids room and me and hb in our room...hehhehe :p ur #1 sleeping together on ur bed in ur room?

tanly, chill chill... think things will get better...dun get frustrated with ur gal...maybe she didnt nap well in the afternnoon, thas why at nite also cant get to zz...

sally, 9pm to 5ish sounds good
happy.gif
yes...better monitor her temp cuz tha time after my #1 took the jab...the fever was quite shiong...yes i agree with u...we are lucky to be blessed with healthy children
happy.gif

blessedcyn, me also same as u.

tanly, actually i also feel like that sometimes...like totally no own time after giving birth. everything have to do fast fast, always gulping down my meals, shower super fast,not much sleep, busy the whole day also donno do what. But hopefully things will be better as bb gets older and more fun to play with
happy.gif

Blessedcyn, sama but mine is right bigger heh..
Sometime express can double the amt..

Tanly n lulu hais me sometimes will feel the same way esp last night when everyone was out. Pil, sil n hubby all went abt doing there own things n Left me at home trying to soothe a crying baby n putting him to bed..then wound pain, neh pain feel so sorry for myself haha
Then when hubby came back I told him, think I dun love baby as much as u do.. Then see his face I feel bad again aiyoh...

Anyway today is a new day! N it's going to b a good good day!
U're not alone!

lulu, actually its really no ME time after u popped la, so really have to plan n allocate ur time wisely...but seeing them grow will make u forget abt all these lor...chin up...things will get better!
happy.gif

min, double the amt? the variance quite big hor...i get what u meant, the taking care of bb alone while others are doing their own things...the feeling sucks... yeah, today is a good day to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

cheer up folks, come forum to chat chat or whine yr troubles away..it's good 'me" time.. go for the mummies' gatherings, go shopping, go take a walk in the park with baby!

*happy chris is back coz baby is drinking again!no more milk strikes okie baby!*

tanly, hmm..as long as baby is not crying, it's ok to leave her alone to self-entertain while u sleep? Hope yr girl will establish her routine soon.. hmm, u can help by letting her do the same things (drink milk, sleep, play etc) in the same places/environment... have the same music, lighting, temperature for sleeping etc... take heart, u r not alone indeed!

nod nod agree with Sporty, seeing them grow up healthy and happy makes you forget all these. One smile from them alrdy make our day.

Thanks Sporty for your advice. Yes will be monitoring her closely today.

Our high tea date!!
Date : 1 Feb 2010 (Mon)
Venue : Coffee Lounge @ Goodwood Park
Time: 3pm

1. Jane
2. Shirlin
3. Blessedcyn
4. Superwalker
5. Magical
6. Sporty
7. Ayukie
8. momo mummy
9. swanston (mon)
10. Mitsy
11. Rachelle Ling
12. ariesgal
13. Shihui
14. Tanly (except wed n fri)
15. carinez

add ur name in if you are keen
happy.gif

chris, good good tha luke is willing to drink!!
happy.gif

sally, no worries...juz sharing what happened to my #1...he never fever after all jabs but MMR!!

yup sporty, although not as much as before, he was willing to take the bottle at every feed time.. now hoping he will increase the amount slowly..

Hi mums

Just like to add that I'm from March 2010 mums thread. We are organising a baby photography group sign up for a better deal. We are looking for 10 mums to sign up. So far more than half the slots are taken up. Would like to ask if any of you are interested. Pls pm me if you are interested or have any queries. Thanks

<font color="ff0000">Group sign up for Seanlau.com baby photography</font>

10 babies sign up @ $218 ($30 off Classic Baby Package)

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com
02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau
05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)
01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)
DVD of selected images in High Resolution

*Additional Pax can join in the session for $25/ Pax instead of $35.
If both parents join in for a family portrait, will throw in an
additional picture worth $30.

*Photoshoot usually suitable for babies who are 6months old or so when they are able to sit up.

aiyah poor chris and poor fly! jia you luke, drink up!

starzz, mine about 3 - 4 big poops..
read somewhere that sometimes breastfed baby can even go without pooping for a day but need not worry that they are constipated

chris, yes...jia you!
happy.gif

starrz, my gal poo abt 4 to 5 times a day...maybe becuz she's on bfing...so stools more watery...

Back