(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Piggym, ya $15 per pack. Hmm gd or nt ah, it's softer. But hor I think it will leak but think due to my bb explosive pee n poo. N think s size is rather big tats y leak. But I like the part where the tape is not those sticky type tat will make loud noise de.
Mamypoko gd or nt ah? Think I nid to explore more diapers n
see which is d best for my bb.

back home...super engorged...
cant imagine if i go back to work...dunno how if my gal never help me to "clear"...

rachelle, yeah...told u tha marina sq have nursing rooms tha u can use...

chris, melaka's honey very famous ah? top up ur honey supplies?

fieda, could it be tha ur boy is hooked to ur nipples liao so reject bottles??

shihui, the height thingy, i read somewhere before...maybe its not true for ur boy lor...btw how tall is ur boy now?

Back from class.. pumping now.. My girl will be spending the night over at my mil's place tonight n tmr night.. gg to miss her smell.. today is cuz my class ended ard 9.45 n hb out for wedding dinner so mil say too late le.. dun bring her hm so leave her there for the night..tmr night is cuz i got wedding lunch to attend on sun den hb's gg to be camp so gotta leave her at mil hse on sat night so tt sun i wun be so rush.. Hai.. dunno she'll be used to it anot.. Ltr i finish pumping gotta bring my ebm over to mil place den shun bian see my girl again.. dun want her to drink too much FM.. the tot of not seeing her for the night make me miss her le.. but the plus point is i'll get to sleep well and some couple time with hb lorz..

Hi swanston,

any ocbc acct for me to trf to u?
happy.gif

me dont like posb..super long Q when needed..heez

sporty: Yah lor.. Can slp well for 2 nights..But gg to miss her so much.. No choice la.. I also need to replenish my slp b4 I myself fall sick or wad lor.. thk will be even worse.. Ok.. chat with u ltr.. heading over to mil hse nw with my precious ebm.. hehe~~

am clearing my boobs now.

sporty, so shiok!

rachelle, 2nd kid may be different lor. i also got spotting. sianz.

sinkor, 12 hours without pumping!! won't explode meh?

Hi Dingdong,
I 'train' myself pump 12 hrly before start work.... No explode but really feel Full.... No choice as my work place hard to take time off to go n pump
sad.gif

dingdong, me also 5 hrs+ no pump...juz finished pumping also...hehhe...

i was out and my hb managed to attend to 2 kiddos and put them to zzz by 9ish...i'm impressed with him
happy.gif
when i reached home, he's already kiao-ing his ka watching tv!!

Hi gals, I would like to join for next Monday gathering too.

Date: 18th Jan (MONDAY)
Venue: Swensens @ United Sq
Time: 12 pm - 2pm (LOL)

1. Jane
2. shirlin
3. sporty
4. superwalker
5. zentan
6. rue
7. blessedcyn
8. momo_mummy (KIV cos Lucas 1st day at nanny)
9. magical (KIV)
10. shihui
11. ariesgal_76 (KIV)
12. chen mama
13. Mitsy
14. Agata

sinkor, u doing tbf if u pump every 12 hrly? or u supplement with fm?

dingdong, train ur hb!! haha... mine was trained as he loves to take leave during #1's bb time and take care of #1 alone...so his experience was "gained" from there... today i'm juz worried he cant handle 2 but he proved me wrong!

Ah I ate dinner at Botak Jones, ate steak. Then went to buy Koi buble tea
happy.gif
Feel so happy now.

My baby is getting more talkative these few days. Has more response when we talk to her. The bad point is she's impatient. When I want to carry her using a sling, I need to sit down first to arrange...baby will cry n complained, thought she's being cheated of being carried.

Wahaha...now my hubby is trying to rock her in her bed...baby is sleepy n licking her mittens in order to sleep. Got new pattern everyday now
happy.gif

aiya, my hubby ah...the moment he hear bb poo poo he runs away. he knows how to clean de just that he's lazy and leave the dirty job to me lor. but he's the burper. he'll be the one to burp bb after her feed, provided that he's at home. he's also the pacifier as his chest provides a comforting zone for my gal.

was a little upset just now. baby's feeding schedule was all mixed up cos dunno why he suddenly wants to feed so much. he was cluster feeding in the evening and it was difficult to estimate when he;s going for the next feed. then my MIL started taking out my chilled EBM to warm. i told her not to take out so much else could waste if baby not feeding. she kept saying baby hungry and wants to feed him even tho he was just fed 120ml one hour ago!then she told my son "your mummy dun let you drink"

argh! in the end, i let baby latch cos not enough time to warm up the chilled ebm. cos either my supply was not enough or bb getting fussy with my breasts, he started crying and we gave him FM. guess what, he only drinks 20ml. then MIL came in and insisted on feeding baby even tho baby is half dazed. she wanted to warm my EBM.

ARGH! then i said baby already half zzz, let him zzz. she took baby away. i tot to let him zzz. who knows she change diaper and then bring my baby to my FIL to play. of cos baby can;t zzz then started crying. she asked if it's cos not enough to drink. i nearly wanted to scream. in the end, my FIL managed to coax baby to zzz and end of episode.

i was very upset. cos it';s like everybody treating my ebm as natural and is always thr. noone knows how difficult it is for me to express the milk. everytime i have to squeeze and massage every 3 hourly. wake up in the middle of the night to express as well. somemore my ss not meeting demand. so i have to make sure i sqeeze out every single drop. so i get so upset when i tot of my ebm could be wasted. i put my ebm in 120ml bott cos bb feed 120ml every time. so if wasted means 120ml of milk wasted. that is a lot of time and effort wasted as well!!

I cried and threw tantrum at my hubby. told him i dun want to bf anymore since no one understd how diff to get ebm. i said i'm not going to pump and just engorged to death (ok now come to think of it, it's funny. imagine someone die of engorgement. breasts leaking etc)

Really a long evening for me. I appreciate my in laws for helping me with the baby but sometimes, it;s really getting on my nerve. i have my ways, my MIL and FIL have their own ways. i really dunno how to tell them it's my son. i prefer my way!!!

Sorry to vent frustration here. I;m really really upset and helpless now

momoko - my boy oso spat some of his rotavirus out the other day until i told him its very expensive 100+ leh .. he better drink it up anyway the gp says the dose gt excess 1 so its ok to spat out some ..

i gt the avent manual pump but i dunno why i gt a problem with the valve so i dont really use it much but in case my electric pump went on strike on me at least i got a temp solution .. o yeah i went service my pump today again and now the suction v gd ..

*pat pat rachelle*. i fully understand your frustration. our breastmilk is more precious than gold and diamonds and i understand the heartpain to see the breastmilk gone to waste.

sometimes my gal feeding can be quite erratic too and it's hard to guess how much milk she wants. usually we look at the time of last feed and the amount she drank. usually she drinks 100ml every 2 hours. if she's crying for milk, say, in an hour's time, we feed half an amount. if she's cluster feeding, we top up 30 by 30 till she's satisfied. it's very troublesome and my gal will fuss while waiting for the bm to be warmed. but it's better than seeing the milk gone to waste.

o yeah i gt a microwavable tub where i use hot water to rinse my pump parts at work after i wash the parts .. i also gt my spare avent manual pump just in case which i keep in a ziplock bag ..

Rachelle Ling *hugs* i oso feel heartpain or nehs pain when my ebm is wasted .. and my nehs really pain frm all the pumping as well haiz .. my ss also nt enulf so i seldom latch my boy ..

Back from mil hse le.. Super she bu de when I left lor.. She was still awake after her last feed..

Min: I bought the Infantino carrier.. sporty recommended de.. not bad but if wanna use now.. the head support there must put a cloth or shawl lor.. I dunno how to explain la.. maybe sporty can elaborate..

Gg to pump soon den off to bed le.. Hb still out enjoying.. will prob try n wait for him.. if not den i'll KO soon.. LOL~

hihi,
so sian juz now.. my gal rejected my frozen BM.. kept spitting out n cry till very jialet... hai... thinking if it will help if i mix fresh with frozen.. :p if not in future no extra stock for her leh.. meaning i can't leave her with parents n tour without her.. hahaha.. :p

sporty,
he's juz reached 90cm now... so short.....

wah... you hubby is so gd with the kids..
happy.gif

rachelle,
it's lidat.. when there's more than one person looking aft the baby, there's bound to be conflicts.. they are helpful.. but sometimes, they do not know their limits.. n their helpfulness actually makes things more difficult for us.. but no choice lah.. juz tolerate n vent on hb lor.. :p

Rachelle, yup our bm very precious, my mum oso used to waste my precious bm that I used 2 - 3 pumps to squeeze 1 feed till I say her then she make sure bb drink every single bit. Try get hubby to tok nicely to ur ILs?

shihui,
My girl is also short leh. She turning 4 this feb now only 93cm. I heard my friend said that her son also reject her frozen ebm as it taste like spit out milk.

sporty,
so good that ur hubby can handle 2 kids. ur kids must be also easy to take care. My hubby surely cannot hai....thats why my remaining facial sessions have to wait for my boy to turn 1 yr old then can go.

Does any of ur babies have difficulty drinking from ur engorged breast? Mine cannot tahan drinking from my engorged breast, he will like become breatheless and panting away and sometimes will choke so i always have to pump out some milk before latching him.

taurus,
nvm.. gal gal pettite very cute..
happy.gif
boy boy not tall not macho leh.. but my mom always console me by saying tt all the not-so-tall guys we know are very clever... so my boy will be very gd in his studies in future.. hahahahahaha.. :p

my frozen EBM got this metallic smell... super yucky.. even me can't tahan.. not to mention my gal.. but hor, my boy took it quite well... most likely will be feeding him my stash of frozen EBM b4 they expire.. hahaha.. :p

rachelle, i also can understand how frustrated and angry when bm is wasted cos i will also feel that way lor..... not say your mil lah... even my mum sometimes don't understand why i will get so agitated when her maid warm up a whole bottle of 100ml when i specifically told the maid to just take 30ml cos bb just had her 100ml.... then once the argument got so bad that hb just shouted at me like what's my problem... it's just milk and to which i shouted even louder to him that if he can squeeze out 10ml of milk then i will shut up cos if not, then he shut up cos he bloody hell doesn't know how much pain / efforts / time / energy and stress that i put in just to get that bottle of bm.... i think that was still in confinement... i told him that bottle could jolly well take me 2 pumping session lor and if keep wasting like that, our gal will have no milk to drink... i think after he saw me tearing, he just kept quiet.... now when he feed my bb bm, he will keep reminding my bb that bm is precious and must finish cos if not, mummy will scold big time... haha... but my mum's maid still the same.... kept wasting my milk!

shihui, not only your frozen EBM... in general all frozen EBM will have that fishy metallic smell... but if your boy can take it well then good for you cos then you can freeze your milk without worrying about the milk expiring when put in chiller.... for me i doubt my #2 will wanna drink based on #1's experience. even if give me i doubt i will take it cos it really smell yucky.. hee.... even my mum say my milk turn sour liao lor.... so now i'm getting my #1 to clear those going to expire milk in the chiller.... sometimes so much that my #1 has to drink 3x of my bm in a day.... but ok lah.... she is taking it as like snack cos won't be filling enough for her...

my #1 now a bit ki siao.. she see her mei mei latch, she also wanna latch! end up i have one toddler sucking on the left and a bb sucking on the right.... what a scene... feel like i'm having twins haha....

Babymuffin,
Mine too, drink for like 30-50ml then will start fussing and we gotto burp him or put him upright and walk ard then drink again, this can go on for 3-4times a feed.
I jus saw a PD abt this on tue and doc explains that it could be either due to colic or reflux (or both), means the milk + stomach juice will backflow and become painful for them and colic will also be aggravated during feeding.
Thus doc prescribe ridwind for baby.
We have been feeding baby with it 4times a day and things hv greatly improved!
He slps better now in the afternn, can coo & play by himself for a longer period of time, basically the only time he cries now is either its time for feeding or he is slpy and need us to put to slp.

Pinky,
Me also pile up alot during preg, almost 25kg!
Fyi, I do not have GD so its mere piling of weight!
Up to date, i still hv abt 5 more kg to go to pre-preg.
I hope i can shed it away before cny but looks like it isnt going to be easy =(

hello me up pumping...
think yesterday didnt latch my gal much so kept having engorgement as never cleared properly...n my hb didnt wake me up for bb's feed juz now n he fed ebm...argghhh

dingdong, my hb used to be like tha...whenever he saw #1 poo last time, he will kei kei act blur so tha he wun need to clear the poo...hehhe...but i think they will get used and do the dirty job la...hehe... ur hb's chest must be comfy tha ur gal likes :p

rachelle, if u stay with ILs really have to keep one eye closed...i understand the difficulty of "squeezing" the bm for the bb and better dun let it go wasted...and i dunno why MILs like to say " ur mummy dun let you blah blah blah"...etc... its very frustrating to hear this sentence lor....

ayukie, my gal also spat some rotavirus med out but GP said its ok leh....ur one dose of rotavirus is 100+?

shirlin, alamak...ur gal still awake after her last feed? ur mil gonna be zombie tonite :p

shihui, think u shd try to mix frozen n fresh milk and see whether ur gal takes it...thas why i dun freeze my ebm cuz my #1 hates it last time n wasted all my efforts... i think my hb is more patient than me with kids...haha

taurus, my kids not diff to take care la...my boy is very active n have to keep an eye on him almost every min n my gal tends to be more fussy n have to do cluster feedings in the evening...imagine my gal drank 2 bottles of 125ml ebm from 7pm to 10pm? so far my bb drinks ok from engorged breasts juz tha she will " grumble" while she drinks...

ariesgal, whoaaa tandem feeding eh? i dun dare to latch my boy cuz i'm afraid of being bitten...lol

babylele, jia you on ur weight loss!!

sporty, no tandem feeding lah.... my elder gal just want to suck a few times cos she saw her sister doing it... so i will remind and remind and remind her not to bite... haha.... she just like suck 3 - 4 mouths and then she don't want liao.. she just want to have the feeling of the milk squirt into her mouth...

hihi!
sleep thru for 6 hours last night.. sadly, i dun feel badly engorged....
sad.gif
somehow, i seems to hav lesser ss compared to the time i had #1...

taurus,
try to do more stretching exercise for ur boy..
happy.gif
now i massage my gal everyday... she loves it... will coo n ahhh while massaging.. very cute..
happy.gif

ariesgal,
ya.. actually for #1, i already know frozen BM smells terrible.. but my boy took it leh.. i'm thinking if it needs some getting use to the taste.. :p so i may try mixing today lor... i hope she will eventually accept frozen ones so tt i won't hav to worry of times of low ss...
happy.gif

hahaha... it's really cute tt ur #1 still wants to latch... my boy juz stare at me.... when i ask him if he wants to latch too, he will reject my offer shyly... very funny.. :p

sporty,
yupyup.. going to try mixing today.. although i'm doubting if it works.. hehe.. :p my hubby oso better with kids.. he's the official 'rocker'.. i usually end my day's duties with the last milk session.. he will be the one who will accompany #1 n #2 to sleep... hehehe.. :p

sporty, my gal yesterday also cluster feeding... the maid was telling me that she took 2 bottles of 100ml from 8.30 to 11.30pm... but i cannot remember what time she woke up in the night.... i think maybe 3+ or 4+ cos i just latch while zzz.... cannot even wake up to see the time and pump after latch.... very bad... ss dropping for the nights...

wah sporty and shihui, both your hbs very patient hor..... my hb not so patient or attentive now with #2 leh... he very patient with #1 cos i think first time as father ba and so very the hands on.... but #2 hor, i need to ask / tell then engine will move lor.... last time with #1, he will offer to bottle feed cos he wanna play with her... but now he carry #2 for 5 mins niah and then he will ask bb if she wants milk and then say "mummy, baby wans milk milk" and pass to me! or he will say "grandma, baby wants bao bao" and pass to my mum.... faint!

Back