(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

sporty: i'm here~~ She's asleep for now but inside the YL.. hope tonight gt miracle... haha

jane: go study!!every night you say wanna study but end up 'foruming'.. LOL!

i juz finished pumping...gonna pack skool bag for my son now...brb
happy.gif

shirlin, she;s asleep now ah? then u better quickly pump and koon...even 1 hr of zz is good!!

hello
sometimes i notice white specks that stick on the milk bottle after feeding my gal the warmed ebm. is it normal? anyone experienced this?

my gal has been puking out milk recently. i guess it's most likely to be reflux. is there a need to send her to pd to have a look? or no need since they'll outgrow this stage?

back
happy.gif

dingdong, i think i saw the specks too...but so far ok leh... think reflux is normal unless its excessive la cuz my gal have reflux sometimes also and need to keep changing her if not she stinks

shirlin, quickly pump...shower and koon!! dun waste time!!

pinky, come join us for lunch next week...hehe

sporty, oh thanks. but sometimes i feel heartpain seeing the milk come out. juz this morning i latch her lying down. after she's done, i lifted her up and all the milk comes out. are there any remedies for reflux?

dingdong, i always have this prob of her having reflux if i latch her lying down also...i wonder isit tha she cant swallow properly while lying down latching...but i couldnt help but to lie down to latch esp when i needed more zzz :p then after tha, all my bedsheet kena...

hi all

Like momo mummy and shirlin i oso thinking of getting a medela!! I am currently using the Ameda but i feel like when i dual pump, the suction is not good, after 4hrs i pump only got like max 200ml.. either i am getting used to suction or indeed the suction is decreasing, now must pump like at least 30min to empty!

I am thinking of getting either the PIS or FS..are the suction same strength. I heard PIS is stronger?

BTW this website http://agapebabies.livejournal.com/ sells the pumps from US import. Not sure if u ladies need it
happy.gif

u all very cute hor. the "first time" i say wanna buy fs everyone (except sporty) jus "ignore" me (see thread history), now everyone want to buy fs sia?? LOL. see u all shld have listened to master jane from "day 1" =P

Haha * bow head* yes
happy.gif
For me it is heartpain, plus i had a fren who used Ameda for a whole yr, her bb total bf!

Now i am thinking of investing coz i m planning for my 2nd one mah!

Hai..sigh.. Plus the cost is so much le.. i saw on mumsfairy was like 988 so i chickened out!

Ariesgal: how much did u buy it at paragon?

sporty, i like the lying down position too.
happy.gif
it's safer for her this way as i have the tendency to doze off if i do cradle hold and high chance of dropping her.

raerae, u can consider US version as its half the px of local version but "con" part is tha no warranty lor... yes ameda is good too, i also bfed my #1 for 1 yr using it! hehhe :p but i dun think ameda can tahan for #2 cuz mine was dying le...

jane, hahha...u are the FS pioneer here...hahha

dingdong, usually my gal reflux is from lying down latching...so i think i better "cut down" on tha position...hehe

Dingdong: haha yes i wanna haf another one next yr hopefully den chop chop close shop!

Sporty: Yah i was thinking oso! The suction is like getting from bad to worse! I was wondering why like that! ai yo so if i get a PIS or FS den at least for no 2 can use! thing is i heard FS suction is not as good as PIS ...sian man now cannot decide liao!

sporty: pumping nw den will try to take bb out of YL n bring her to bed... pray hard for me pls.. hope she wun wake up when i bring her over...

raerae, some pple say PIS suction is better but its more bulky to carry ard lor...FS is good cuz i can walk ard the house while pumping! so fast plan for rabbit bb liao eh? :p hehhe

dingdong, u never consider #2 ah?

shirlin, cant let ur gal sleep overnite in the YL?

sporty> actually i "talked" abt it first but i remb ur hands and legs were faster
happy.gif
that's y u missed the $20 "discount" so sama sama lah

yah, i also realise that sometimes when latch lying down, my boy cant swallow. my husb tell me "duh" if he feed me a can drink lying down from a straw, is it easy to swallow boh? then i shuddup liao. :p

wah rae rae! #2. steady lah. if my fs can last till then i will be happy liaos. but i am waiting to see if medela will outdo themselves. :p

raerae, your ameda still working right? actually 200ml after 4hr is good leh..... it's already more than what your bb is taking i suppose? your ameda already how long liao.... i think the lifespan of ameda is probably 2 - 3 yrs... cos i bought mine in 2007 and just recently it died on me....
i bought my fs for $699 nett at paragon. comes with the adaptor for the 2 pin plug and in house warranty.

jane, i think medela can tahan for very long la...i have a fren who used PIS for her 3 kids lor...so FS shdnt be THA bad la...so u can use for ur #2, #3, etc....

ariesgal, ur FS is US version rite? but juz tha the warranty given by first few yrs?

dingdong, what kinda cirumstances? can tell? *hugs*

feeling hungry now...having bak kwa...shiok!
happy.gif

jane, yeah medela can last super long... my SIL has been using her medela for like 4 yrs and still going strong.. ha....

raerae, what's the speed and strength you are using for ameda? I presume max already since u say suction getting worse... for me i use max with ameda but when using medela, i can only use level 3 - 4 and the max is at level 9 so i think the suction is good enough liao lah.... if can go to 9 i think my boobs pichar liao haha...

sporty, yup. i asked them they say got it from US. you mean US version diff from local version? i tot only the plug is different? ya the warranty given by first few yrs.

ariesgal:My ameda is only used for 2 mths Le...yes i used the max speed already!! and need to pump for at least 30min, while i can see my nipples moving but i can barely feel the suction le like pump no kick haha ..200ml after 4 hrs is if i try really hard.coz now i am back at work..cant sit there to pump for like 1 hr mah..

Jane/Sporty: Yah lor wanna have no 2 next yr if possible =)Coz like hai wait i lao kor kor have another one no strength plus, later my mum & mil old liao dun wanna help me look after i peng san!

Sporty: wow FS seems very good le.. Hai hai maybe i will go see at paragon wat are the rates like lor.. sighh...

dingdong, icic...after ur follow up tha day? ur GD didnt come down? ic...slowly tiao ur body back...possible?

ariesgal, i always use max 5 for suction for FS...hehhe...i cant imagine level 9...faints lor... icic, so 1st few yrs like "repackage" the US version with their own warranty... think local version is the same except for the plug ba...

blessedcyn, okies...will check my a/c...thanks
happy.gif

raerae, u very lao meh?? i think next 2 yrs will be very hot to have bbs...rabbit and dragon cuz many pple avoided tiger yr this yr...hehhe...so far, i find FS not bad....u can consider la...US version is cheaper than paragon but paragon got the warranty la...hehhe

Sporty: I am 28 la but hor..my mum is 56 liao.. i wanna avoid the dragon bb le haha later got no pl in pri sch how??? haha rabbit good meh?? Yah 200-300 more for warranty for 1yr..i am still considering..I dun mind get the PIS too le..i just wan a solid pump haha

raerae, 28 very young la...i then lao lor...whahhaha :p 56 still managable la cuz my mum almost 58 when she took care of my son.... rabbit not bad...u can consider... PIS also have US version...maybe u can see the sprees section and see how muchie!

Jane: haha cannot compare wan these kind of thing! so yah u should go plan for ur no 2 la! Jane are u pumping now ??

Sporty: Yah i went to ask ask around..see how lor..sighh

raerae, your mum still quite young lah... my mum hor 67 liao lor...... looking after my 2 kids hehe... but she doesn't look like 67.... more like in her 50s... even her energy also like 50s... hee.... then i already 30s liao.... so i very old liao leh.... actually i'm thinking if i wanna have #3 but if i do, i'll go for dragon yr... hee.... cos both me and hb and mil are dragons so if i can have a dragon child, will have 4 dragons at home... keke...

Ariesgal, my FS oso stopped at 30 mins suddenly that day. I oso tot my motor die-d on me. Heng I press again can on. But I duno izt auto cut off leh coz I usually pump 40 mins and this is the first time I kena cut off at 30 mins.

Raerae, I tried PISA b4, I felt that the suction is indeed stronger than my FS. But its really bulky lor.

dingdong,

dun be so worried about ur GD not coming down, i am also in the same shoes mah. I read this blog where the mother also develop GD during pregnancy and her diabetes did not going away but by medication and diet, she had her 2nd child less than 2 years later.

actually for US set FS, can still send to local service centre for servicing, just that have to pay.

My husband theory is that the first few years is $799 and US set is $480, difference of $319 can almost buy one more US set liao. if really spoil, just buy 1 new one instead of servicing. since after servicing might still spoil. $319 for just 1 year waranty like not worth it.

morn all!
finally had almost 6 hrs of continous zzz cuz my hb fed my gal at 3ish and let me zzzz :p
hehhehe... but now super engorged and pumping now...

ariesgal, if u try for dragon bb, will need to go thru lotsa tests cuz above 35 liao leh...u dare ah? for me, after 35 no more bbs le...ur mum really steady leh, still can help u take care of 2 gals...

raerae, i pumped 15 mins instead of 20 mins for FS as compared to ameda...its more time saving la...

momoko, wow...u pumped 40 mins ah?

mitsy, i agree with ur hb's theory cuz me and my hb think likewise also and we cant be tha "suay" rite...so we took the chance and bought the US set...hehhe :p

ariesgal and sporty> i also use level 3 for let down and level 4 for pumping. i feel the suction quite strong liaos. use higher levels machiam only 'noise' louder only. and imagine in the office !

mitsy, first few years selling the set at 699 leh not 799. hehe... but your theory is also correct lah cos buy from US is really much cheaper. Initially I did order thru spree (early Dec)lor for the set from US but then last min (my set already set to arrive in less than a weeks time then) the organizer kenna complained and she decided to refund all orders that has not been collected (including mine though i suspect it's already in SG then). I did say that I wanted to get the set since here liao but she refused to sell lor so i bo pian have to get a new one quick cos i scared my ameda die on me (which it really did). so heng in a way i get locally cos if i were to join spree again then, confirm now i die jialat jialat cos i can only get it end Jan.

jane, you can still try for dragon lah cos u still so young.... me already in 30s liao and as sporty say, if i aim for that, i'm in high risk group and need to do lotsa test lor and then my career will be affected for sure.... sigh.... so unless accident by then and if no have, i confirmed don't want liao....

Back