(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Karen, I think bb likes to go out. My gal k.o. since 1 till now. Ha ha and I manage to get power nap.

My gal wasn't drinking enuf. As a 5 wk old bb, she is only drinking 80ml per feed. By right she should be feeding atleast 100ml per feed. So my pd suspect my gal not use to S26 and want me to try out Friso.

tanly, your gal drinking 80ml every how many hrs? that time when i went to PD, my gal's PD say my girl should only drink 90ml BM max every 3 hours.... when i told her 100ml she say too much for a 4 wk old baby. now my gal at 2 months drinking 100ml every 3 hrs lor... finally managed to break her routine of 60 - 70ml every 2 hr....

superwalker, i'm still doing postnatal massage now.. got asked if she can help.. she also adviced me to go do MRI check first.. i'm thinking of doing accupunture see if it helps..
happy.gif
during preg, i oso had numbness in my hands... but nw upgraded to arms as well.. tt's y doc was worried tt it could be something more serious...

tanly,
hahaha.. ya.. ever since i become a mom, i never enjoy mealtime.. :p always got to jaga the kids n gobble down my food.. now, i will by default gobble down my food even if kids are not ard.. got to constantly remind myself to eat slowly.. :p

kimifin,
try to massage that area before u breatfeed or pump.. i used to hav a big lump there too... had to massage n clear them.. the clog will affect supply too coz that area's flow is not gd..

ariesgal,
wat's ur gal's weight now? when i told my gal's pd tt she's drinking 150ml every 3 hour, she doesn't show any concern leh... my gal was 4.3kg during her 6wks visit..

i duno how much my bb is drking, cos TBF, supplement with EBM.
But I expressed once-twice, if that time of the day is slightly heavier or bb takes 1 breast.
I thk he din really empty much. I can express a total of 40-60ml then.

I suspect he drk only 30-40 every 2 hrs.
try to force him take both sides, but he vomit out a mouthful 30mins later.

kimifin,
i juz roll the area between my fingers.. but while expressing, hav to occasionally squeeze the nipple so tt whatever 'dissolved' will be squeezed out..

tanly, your bb drinking 80ml per feed is not enough meh?

Mine only drink 90ml FM (can last 4 to 5 hours) or 100ml EBM(around 3 hour) and sometimes she don't even finish it. The feed is around 3 hourly. I ask PD how much my bb should be drinking, he mentioned if the feed can last at least 3 hours, should be ok, only increase if cannot last 3 hours.

For me i'm now more worry about bb getting reflux, cause if they do, they feel very uncomfortable and cranky. PD says after feed, let them sit upright for 30 to 45 mins. We are trying to do that.

my gal still on 2 hourly schedule.. drinking 120-125ml of ebm.. at night.. she drinks abt 120ml of fm which can lasts her abt 4 hours max.. thought of increasing but sometimes she can't finish!

Shihui, hope your hand gets better soon. MRI Scan is not good for breastfeeding mothers cos they have to inject some medicine into you and this will affect your BM.

Karen, my baby also less cranky when she is out. We brought her to Orchard Road a few nights ago and she slept so soundly throughout..despite the loud noise and movement. But once she is home, she starts to get cranky again. Same for the few times we brought her to Jurong Point. I think she enjoys movement and noise a lot.

Looking forward to our lunch tomorrow
happy.gif
Won't be bringing my baby though...I can't manage alone with baby and the stroller!

My gal is feeding on 80ml and it generally last her abt 3hrs. Sometimes 2 over hrs she will cry for milk.

Even I make 120ml, she can only finish 80ml. I hope that she can drink more and last longer.

tanly, i think at wk 5 80ml for 3 hrs or less is ok. cos my gal also like that. initially i gave her 100ml from avent bottle but it kept leaking and leaking so i think she only took in 70 - 80ml in each feed. but her interval slowly shorten from 3 hrs to 2 hrly. then only last wk, her intake slowly went up to 80 and then 90 every 2.5 hrs and now she can take in 100ml every 3 hr. sometimes 110 - 120ml for her last feed for the day(mostly at night cos she seems to have cluster feeding before she zzz)... and then wake up for feed another 5 hrs later.
as long as your bb is putting on weight i think no need to worry. each bb has their own pace. like my elder gal, now still only drink 180ml max for her milk feed when my friend's son who is 5 months younger than her is taking in 270ml for each milk feed.

me back!
juz came back from dinner...went chomp chomp
happy.gif

ariesgal, u starting work on 8 feb? then same as me...yeah, ML is really ending soon! dun worry la, we sure have another gathering soon!!

kimifin, ya...i also let my bb nap on bouncer in the day as its cooler n i find tha she dun like to nap inside the cot in the day...dunno why, maybe she likes to have noises ard her in the day cuz the cot in the room like very lonely...

tanly, good tha u went out with bb le...it will get better as u go out more often... no need to cold sweat!

jasmine, welcome to the thread
happy.gif
u are already trying ur best to cope as a 1st time mum...bb definitely need to cry as its their way of communicating with us...think u have really take what ur hb's siblings and fil say with pince of salt...jia you gal
happy.gif

karen, my gal likes to stretch n make funny noises when she zz, but never struggle like wanna shit kind leh...

jeelomeelo, yes...come join us tom
happy.gif

Sporty, my bb is drinking 130ml pr 3hr previously then after pd say we overfeed, we reduce to 120ml. But sometimes I think after feed, bb like still wan to drink, like nt enuff like tat leh..

Don't be afraid of bringing bb out, especially if u have company. My hubby is on leave these 2 weeks n we have been bringing bb out everyday. If bb makes noise in a restaurant, I usually step out of the restaurant to sooth him. Was out with the bb from 11am till 8pm. It was quite fun actually
happy.gif
bot a maclaren stroller today at the baby hyperstore. Can't wait to use it when bb turns 3 mths old
happy.gif

starrz, icic...but every bb is different lor, maybe urs really wanna drink...actually now bb abit chubbier its ok one cuz they will lose their weight after they start to crawl/walk...

superwalker, did u get the "protective cover" from the hyperstore when u bought the maclaren today? i agree its quite fun to bring bb out, good breather for both mummy and bb...hehe

tanly, cluster feeding means the bb tends to feed more and in shorter interval during a period of time... usually from evening onwards... i think she got our genes.... always do supper...

Sporty,
My Baby also slp better in noise in the day, dunno why. With the loud TV and ppl talking, he can slp tru.

Jasmine,
Me also 1st time mummy, guess our issues are all the same.
My baby also jus suffered fr colic (or reflux) since 6 - 9pm jus now, refused to drink, cry so loud and lost his voice, face was tomato red and he keep kicking and arching backwards, my heart pain like mad but didnt cry cos i roughly know the reason why.
Guess if i didnt know and baby cry till like that, i would panick and in state of helplessness, may cry w baby too cos heart so pain.

Starzz,
My baby going into 7weeks also drinking abt 90-100ml per feed, sometimes only 70 or 80ml.
But regardless, he always can tahan until 3hrs later

u gals use the ruyi oil? i'm not a fan coz i think it smells and it stings. but my CL used on my #2 and it worked making him him fart big time and it seems to lessen the wind. But since she left i never used...

sporty/jane - so sad cant join u all for lunch tml my gran still in hosp hopefully she recovers soon and most imptly she can still walk haiz .. really worried abt her stroke ..

sporty - erm u usually have lobangs 1 mah hehe .. so if u know where gt sell gd and cheap carrier lor .. ergo carrier better ar ? any lobang where to buy ?

jasmine, hang on there. it's ok la, take time to learn your bb's personality. anyway, they change now n then heheee... dun bother about what others have to say. the more you are bothered, the more stress you are imposing on yourself. Even sometimes when the elderly nag, i filter and dun take to heart. sometimes if they make sense then can consider their words. else do what you deem right. go out with friends and or even just window shopping and sit down for a decaf cuppa would make life more interesting.. now that we are all having ML, it's time to sit down and watch others go to work on weekdays heheee

ayukie, i'm a fan for ergo. hahaa i used up from 4mths old to my #1 was 11kg, then i surrender... i bought from the overseas website and sent to my home. consolidated with a friend. previously i also heard that metro was selling but i'm not sure if they are still selling, might be worth to check out during metro sales

ariesgal, my gal also "enjoys" doing cluster feeding during evenings, thas why i always have to finish my dinner before 630pm to "entertain" her...

babylele, maybe our bbs feel lonely in the cot in the day, so prefer to be at noiser places...lol

jeelomeelo, i dun use tha oil for my bb but may use once the euculytus oil tha i'm using now runs out!

ayukie, nvm la...join us next time
happy.gif
hope ur gran's ok...i gotten my ergo thru BP section...think metro dun sell anymore le cuz i asked before...

Tanly I took the rotarvirus one for my girl tgt with her 6-in-1.

Jeelomeelo, I use ruyi oil daily coz my girl lotsa wind duno y. Her tummy like always bloated.

I'm really grateful to my mummy. Over the long weekend, managed to go BBQ and movies on eve and X'mas day and JB for yummy food last nite. Everytime we want some "our" time on weekends she will come over to take care of my girl and tis helps me get my sanity back. Every such trips be it long or short really cheers me up. Honestly my girl seems to prefer her to me which I seriously dun mind. Keke.

Jus finish pumping.. So sleepy now.. resting my nipples b4 gg back to bed.. hehe

Another few more hrs to seeing you girls.. =) May be a lil late cuz waking up earlier den my girl's usual sleeping time may make her cranky so may need more time to prepare.. Hope everything will go smoothly when prpearing to head out ltr.. =)

Anw, went pa tok with hb today.. left bb with MIL for that 3hrs plus..Felt so relaxed after tt.. The feeling of being able to hold my hb's hand felt so good..like back to the old days b4 bb is born.. lol

Oh ya, any mums signed for the vaccination package with PD? Can share the pricing n wad vaccines included?

gd morning!! pumping now... seeing u all soon...
happy.gif
i'm stil considering if i shd bring stroller or sling... hmmmm....

sporty, ariesgal,
same same, my gal will do cluster feeding at certain time of the day... usually in the morning.. coz she sleeps thru sometimes.. so will wake up super hungry.. :p these few days she seems overstimulated.. been going out too much.. she seems to be having trouble falling asleep...
sad.gif

shirlin,
i signed up package with my gal's PD for the vaccination.. taking 2 of 6-in-1 and 1 of 5-in-1.. the package price is $220 excluding consultation...

I think my girl also over stimulated yesterday.

She slept througoutnthe afternoon yesterday after we went shopping. Then last night toke longer time to coax her to sleep after feedimg her. I am super duper tired now.

morning all!
looking forward to lunch later...hope the weather stays sunny
happy.gif

momoko, ya...our mums are the best la...my mum will always help me to jaga for awhile when we need to go out or what... its great to have coupletime after u pop rite? esp its so "rare"...hehe

shirlin, dun worry too much abt going out later...am sure ur gal will behave herself
happy.gif

shihui, how u pacify her when she gets overstimulated? i am gonna sling my gal cuz stroller too heavy for me! hehe

any mommy taking mrt?? want to meet at orchard mrt n walk there together? :p

sporty,
same here.. sling more mobile... most likely i will sling my gal too...

she will want us to carry her.... once put down on the bed, she will wail..so got to carry her till she sleeps really deep....

babylele,
wah compare my bb and yours, think my bb is drinking much than your bb, my bb also going 7th week this week....
Canot reduce further liao the amt, coz think bb already get used to 120ml liao... hope PD wont say anything the next time we see her.

See u all bring bb out i so envy... but i still cant bring bb out till she abt 3-4 months old...but for the sake of bb health.. is okie lah.

hi, haven't been here for so long,been busy with kids and also going out with husband and baby (elder son in school), also started teaching again, once a week.
my bb doesn't like to sleep lei, i remember she newborn that time keep sleeping, dun wan to suck milk, now opposite, cot also can't sleep, rocker sometimes a while, only when we go shopping sling her then she sleeps a while.
night time also 6pm till 830pm or 9pm super cranky, whole body like with wind and turn hard hard, face red red, cry and cry.
sometimes i can't take it i lose my cool and yelled at her, then after that she gave me sad face and started wailing. so guilty. haiz.

my husband leave ending, he going back work jan 3rd. i'll be all alone. so worried.

so good, momoko, you still can go so many places for couple time.
me jia lak one, mil said if look after a while if we got work or serious biz can, if look after while we go pak tor cannot. she won't help.
then these days she also go shopping a lot, dun really want to come help.
my own mum largi worse. from i give birth till now, only come see me twice, including full month celebration once.

haiz. no time for myself, not to say couple time.

Hi gals, thanks for the encouragement and advice. Maybe bb's colicky problem really bothers everybody in the household. It's really good to have such a forum where all mummies with the same mth if Edd meet. Nobody understand my situation more than anyone of u.

Tanly, same birthday? Which hospital? Mi at mt a.

Hi mummies,
I miss coming online here... I am super duper no time for other stuff, cos i am all alone with baby nia
sad.gif
My cl left on the 16 dec and till now i am still trying to cope with baby alone and is super ot easy.

I realise that i let bb sleep on his tummy he can sleep longer then facing upwards. But again if he sleep on tummy i dun dare to leave him alone cos i scare he gets suffocated... bb sleep on his tummy after ard 1hr he will wake up and wan to turn his head, then i will help him turn his head then he fall asleep again (any mummy experience that?)

myboyjovan:
Hey i got the same fate as u... my own mum just came to visit me twice (once in the hospital and once at baby shower) somemore she gave stupid comments infront of my friends that she prefer baby gal than boy (i am so super upset and I dun think i will forget her such comments! is rather hurting
sad.gif
and I dun think she knows how i feel)
My mil wants to help but cant help much, she is tied down with my sister in law 3 kids and oso with my fil... so i am as helpless as U... when my cl left me i cry also every day until recently i am better liao... i can hardly go eat, shit or sleep with baby waking up almost every 30mins for nothing.

Momoko:
So nice of ur mummy, i wish i could have "our" time someday. I miss going to movies and going shopping. I miss couple time together so so much.

Shihui:
Where is ur PD? My PD never tell me got such package 1 ley.

Sporty:
U guys going lunch where? haiz i miss so much here, didnt know u guys going out.... maybe next time i join u all cos i guess is too late to go now liao.. i need min 2 hrs to prepare baby and myself to go out.

sporty,
i took the protective cover for my maclaren stroller. they gave me blue cover 4 my grey stroller, ugly.

ayukie,
u can buy ergo carrier frm mummymilk.com

gg to catch avatar later, then nd rush hm to pump, argz..

hi momo_mummy, long time didn't see you online.

I also let my bb sleep on tummy during day time as she tends to get startled. At first i help her to turn if she trying to turn the head, but we notice without help she also can turn so we just let her turn on her own, but we wont' leave her alone while she sleeping on tummy. Normally will be nearby to check on her.

I am wondering when bb will know or strong enough to turn her body? yesterday my gal kick her leg till her body shifted to the edge of the sofa , scare us man.

Today wanted to go walk walk at JP and see whether got any thing to buy for her , but so cloudy now, got to postpone the outing liao, hopefully can go out more before my hb go back to work on 3 Jan.

Hi,

My boy is 7 weeks old and he is still asking for feeds every 2 hours, day and night. Each daytime feed is 90-100ml of EBM. Does it seem lot?

Also, I have been pumping and feeding him EBM in the day. My MIL will bottle feed him. However, i feel that it makes me emotionally unstable, because each time he cries, I have the urge to latch him on instead of having my MIL take over and feeding him expressed milk. Feels as though my MIL is the food provider. Hence, I'm thinking of latching him on in the day instead. However, I'm afraid that bb will not be efficient in sucking and end up crying for milk every half hourly, which will make everyone (my in-laws, my hubby) discourage me from latching him on again.

for those who don't latch on your bb,wonder if you feel the same way? For those who latch on your bb, do they at least stick to a rough schedule?

rhapsodyrach - I also rely on my mil to feed my boy in day when I pumping at night it's my Bb ... I know the way you feel cause I also don't have enough for my boy feed so if latch him he won't be able to be statisfied ... Anyway I will be gg back work soon so also nothing much I can do just take it as it comes lor .. Anyway when he's older still gt time to bond with him .. I hope

Hmmm recently I have started bottle feeding the bb.. He is starting his 6th wk and is already drinking 100ml sometimes maybe 110 of ebm... Am I overfeeding him?.. And this amt can only last him 2 hrly in the day... And normally he hAs cluster feed in the evening probably interval at only 1 hr plus... Then at night he can sleep longer maybe up to 4hrs.. But the thng is he can't go to sleep easily from morning till evening and is forever like searching for food.. Or pacifier... So I dono if he wants food or just wants to suckle for comfort.. I'm just afraid I'm overfeeding him cos he looks alot bigger than his cousin who is just 1wk younger than him..

Anyway, so sad long wkend is over cos hb had to go back to work..

We brought bb out on christmas eve and bought a capella stroller but it's quite heavy at 9kg but it has alot of functions and wheels are sturdy... But am fretting cos it won't be easy carrying the stroller out if I'm alone..and it feels so good to shoP around vivo with the stroller... We brought bb out on Christmas again to town but it was super crowded so we just
loitered around at forum.. The nursing room at forum super chio can!

Then boxing day was finally some 'couple time' for me and hb where we went for super good jap food at mirama hotel... It really felt so good to go out w/o the bb after so long... But kept thinking of him when I was outside... Keep wondering if bb is drinking well on bottle or not... And keep having guilty feelings taat I'm out so long and wonder if mil can handle...

But I agree with many mummies here.. Do have some couple time once in awhile without bb and u will feel alot better... Don't coop urself in the Hse for so long or u will feel the natal blues creeping in...

Back