(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

rhapsodyrach, no prob...we have gatherings every now and then...join us for the next one then
happy.gif

shirlin, okies noted
happy.gif

saintbaby, heheh...our common taste buds strikes again :p

Date: 28 Dec 09 (Mon)
Venue: TCC @ Scotts Isetan
Time : 12pm
Reservations under Jane Ong (if can make reservations)
1. Jane
2. piggy (1st time)
3. sporty
4. ariesgal_76
5. 1sttimemummy (1st time)
6. zentan
7. shirlin
8. Ashley
9. superwalker
10. swanston
11. shihui
12.lovie

anymore mummies keen?!
happy.gif
add ur name in
happy.gif
come with or w/o bbs...
happy.gif

wanna ask, ask bb grows up, with the BF time increase?
cos i find bb drking 1 side, but same time or less, 5-10 mins actively.

isit the flow also faster to meet bb demand?

Sorry ladies,
cant join for lunch too as mum wont be home until 4pm but would very mch like to meet up w u ladies to share more abt our babies.
Will try next round.

Kimifin, for meals, sometimes I get my mum to cook a lot n I eat it over the next few days (especially if my hb travelling). If not, I cook something fast like fried rice or dumplings or make sandwiches. For showers, like wat the gals said - shower really fast when bb is playing in the cot or asleep in the cot. The 1st few times when bb cries when I m in the shower, I practically run out dripping wet. Now as long as I know that I have just fed him n changed him and that he is placed safely in the cot, I dun run to the bb immediately. Still have time to wipe myself dry n put on my pj for modesty sake :p

My bb has been doing explosive shits everyday and at least once a day, he would shit all over me, especially when I m feeding him! Today was worse! The explosion was so powerful that it splattered onto my skirt, tigh, kaki colored Brand new sofa and cream colored carpet!!!! Dieded scrubbing the shit off!!!!

superwalker,
thx for sharing.

explosive shit- mine been doing so since week 1, when ss came in.

Sometimes, when we change his nappy, his "air" blew direct at us.
:x

maybe pull the changing mat closer to u, n use it to cover bb butt as u react...

ok ladies...i'm logging off now. Here's wishing all a merry xmas..enjoy the hols, the spirit of giving & lots of good food
happy.gif

Karen,
To me is consider normal as part of the spitting as long there is normal weight gain. Frankly speaking there's nothing the PD can do with it, they will tell u that babies will outgrow it and prescribe medicine that temporary stop it. To TCM, it just indicates that the baby's stomach and spleen is weak. As they grow older it will get stronger, provided they are well taken care of. Just remember not to overfeed them.

superwalker and kimifin,
Me also kana explosive shit before. That time he even poo on my hand when i brought him to the sink to wash his butt and he even poo in the sink. I would pull up the diaper to block the poo poo.

Kimifin n Taurus, haha.... now I place a changing mat between him n my lap when I feed him, just in case! But I know that the one time I forget the changing mat, he will shit on me again! Lol! I have also placed a spare set of clothes in my car, just in case! Lol!!!

Merry Xmas to everyone!!!!
happy.gif

ashley - take care gal .. i also barely breastfeeding have been having migrines lately didnt really pump cause nt feeling gd cant pump much so my ss drop again so sian haiz ..

merry xmasz all

sporty - thx for asking but think at least she is out of the danger window the other day was really bsd where my mum gt ask to icu or hope n pray which is quite bad been gg hosp daily also think my ss drops

went for a feast juz now...very satisfied!!
happy.gif

merry xmas everyone! enjoy this weekend
happy.gif

kimifin, ya...think bb can clear the boobs more efficiently and faster when they grow older...

babylele, no worries...we can always meet another time
happy.gif

re: explosive shit... so far i haven kena from my #2, for #1 i kena once before while latching him...it was so bad tha half of my shorts were drenched with his shitz and the chair and floor kena also...i had to call my hb into the room...take the bb out then i slowly stand up...and clean myself...in the end, i threw my shorts away cuz there was really alot of shit on it and i dun wanna wash it since it was an old shorts...hehe

ayukie, good to kno tha she's outta danger zone
happy.gif
hope she gets better soon...

hi mummies,
my baby keep crying even after his feed...my mil said he is hungry..so she gave him milk after an hour if he continues to cry..

can any experienced mummies advised if its right to feed the baby again after 1 hr if he is crying, even after changing the diapers or applying ru-yi oil? Cos i think she is overfeeding the baby..

Merry Christmas to all mummies.

Last night is my nightmare again. My girl refuse to sleep again. Coax her for 45min then put her down in her cot and she sleep only 30min and wake up. Very tired now. In the end I had to carry her and sleep with me.

What a christmas night.

Hope that this won't happen again tonight.

Merry Christmas everyone!! =)

Am up pumping now.. Last night too lazy to get up n pump so ended up 7hrs nv pump n I'm gg to explode soon..haha..

merry christmas!
havent got time to read all the posts yet

shirlin,
ha.. me too! pumped at 11 when i got home then feb bb at 130am, too lazy to pump, then bb so good boy, slept til 6am then want milk..so i slept too until he woke me up, feb him, then i pumped.

merry xmas ladies,

my baby started drooling saliva.. is that a sign of teething? N she couldn't get to sleep during the day, even if zz also short nap. but gd thing is then she could zz longer at night.

cant join u all for lunch cos it's my bday on mon :p

Merry Xmas all..
I am getting depressed over my mil! I can't stand her. I am my bb mummy not she. She everyting oso wana control n dun allow me to carry bb n dun let mi bring bb out. To make things worse, she is living with us. Sianzz, wana leave home with bb! Feel so sian with her ard
sad.gif

sorry to rant, just need to vent out my frustration....

Geraldine,
Could be true if baby still crying after feed.

My mum sometimes also feed baby like 50ml when he just cant get to slp, she says alittle milk can let him slp better.
I guess once in a while is ok ba, not feed when he cries all the time ba.

Sporty,
Thanks, met bearycue at parentcraft a few weeks back and we were just talking abt meeting the forum girls esp you cos like someone says u are our guru, ahhaha.

Tanly,
My boy also refused to slp last night, manage to coax him to slp but once placed on the bed, he woke up in 5mins, this happen like 4-5times fr 11pm - 2am!! and its feeding time again! then slp then wake up again in 5mins for another 2 times before he finally slp through, phew exhausted!

Starrz,
Is your MIL crazy?? why she refused to let u carry baby and bring him out?
HUGGZZZ~~
Seems like not only we have a few crabky babies dwn here but also a couple of cranky MIL too.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Btw, monday i don't think i can join cos hb just told me that he took leave on Mon so i think he has plans for the day liao.... will join the next outing instead....

Hi, I broke down again. I find that I am such a lousy mummy. Got lots of mixed feeling. I am trying my best but always cannot take my gals unstable routine. Really cry my heart out. Very very tired. Not sure when then my girl can have a more stable routine.

I just can't take my gal's cranky behaviour and heartache to see my mum coaxing her as my mum is old and tired. Feel really helpless.

I would say I had fear and phobia with my gal now. Feel very sad for myself.

I miss the 'me' time, I miss the couple time with my hb.

I think I am selfish mum.

Geraldine,
Sometimes my boy will also want to feed 1 hr later after his feed. He shows signs of wanting to feed but i will try other ways to coax him if unable to then perhaps he's really hungry.

tanly,
You are not a selfish mum, everyone would want sometime to ourselves when we are taking care of baby all day. I have reached such stage breaking down and even screaming at my girl last time and at times even handling abit roughly with her after that will feel guilty. Ur girl's routine will get better eventually so u must tahan till then. Some crying is good so that we vent it out instead of keeping it inside. Last time i was paranoid with my girl's crying, kept thinking when she will cry again making myself really stress. We all will get pass this stage. Perhaps u want to let ur baby cry it out which i did for my boy. This time round i dun attend to my boy immediately when he cries, so sometimes by the time i finished my chore he already stopped. It was really heartpain at first to let him cry to sleep as i was trying to teach him to sleep on his own but right now i see the results. He can sleep on his own sometimes crying for a while (but sometimes i will give him a little help to sleep by massaging him or patting him but not rocking him) and can lie down on his own even when his awake but of course when he starts to get bored he will start making noise again.

Rue,
Dun think baby will start teething so early lah. My boy also more saliva now.

Anyone had used ergo infant insert before? Was thinking whether to buy or not as next yr need to bring my girl to school. If use stroller i need to walk one big round but i'm also really lousy in using the mim sling. Any suggestions?

merry xmas to all! how's ur day?
i went to expo metro sale...not bad...bought dresses for my gal & crocs mary janes for her :p heheh

geraldine, normally i wun feed bb if its after 1 hr after the feed, i will check on diapers or distract her instead...the earliest i will feed her is 2 hrs ba...

tanly, u sounded really stressed...who will take care of ur gal after u return to work? ur mum or bb sitter?

rue, happy bday in advance...enjoy ur day on mon
happy.gif
teething can be as early as 3rd mth ba cuz i myself started teething when i was 3 mths old...

starrz, why ur mil dun allow u to carry bb and bring her out? is ur bb not well or she's possessive?!

babylele, ohhh so u met bearycue at parentcraft
happy.gif
hope to see u one day in our gatherings
happy.gif

ariesgal, okies...noted...u enjoy ur family outing then
happy.gif

taurus, i was thinking whether to get the ergo insert or not...in the end i didnt get cuz i thot can only use for a few mths nia...so i will use the MIM sling these few mths first...

Sporty, yah I am very stress. My gal's routine was mess up again. Last night until today she refuse to sleep again. Whenever I put her down on the cot, she will wake up. So sian.

How I wish I could be like u bring my gal to shopping. But I worry she get cranky and I can't coax her.

My confidence with my gal has dropped to the bottom. She now refuse me to coax and carry her again, just like when she is new born like that. Then along the way I tried and slowly she accepted me, now again she refuse me to coax her and refuse to sleep. So I super duper sian now. She also refuse to sleep alone and wanted to be carried to sleep or wanted to sleep with my mum. Really worried that it will become a bad habit.

I'll be leaving her with bb sitter. Was thinking shd I bring her to my bb sitter earlier or not. But I will miss my gal.

Sporty,
Yes, Will try on the nxt outing.
Looking fwd to meeting you and the girls.
=)

Tanly,
Ayooo, poor mummy.
I understd how u feel, sometimes i also feel frustrated and my back is aching every day fr carrying and rocking baby too mch.
i miss my couplehood a great deal even on my very 1st weekend, was sighing that i could be watching movie or having coffee with hubby if not for our dear baby, so envious of childless couple frens that they can do what they want, Miss holidays mch mch too, miss looking good and skinny too, sigh (i still hv 10kg w me)

My boy was cranky last night too, finally he slpt tru and i slpt w him, dreamt that he was crying and i woke up. That was how mch he is crying that i even dreamt abt it!

My mum says last time my youngest sis cry so mch that my mum got hopsitalised and doc diagnose that she is over-exhausted.
Even after 6m, she is still crying alot and babysitter cannot take it and refused to take care after one mth.
My sis grew up well, doing well and very filial.
I was a cranky baby too, and very naughty kid (teacher gotto speak to my mum when i was in kindergarten cos i was a big bully, hahhaa)

And i grew up fine and filial (heee) so cranky babies or naughty children will grow up fine and filial, isnt that comforting to know?
*wink wink*

Dun be upset, at least u still hv yr mum to help.
Some mummies here doesnt even hv help with their cranky babies.

I gathered that maybe cos baby is bigger now (into 2nd mth) thus they need lesser slp, more waking hrs, unlike when they are newborn so its a phase that all new mummies had to go tru.

Then again, to think once more, To conceive is not easy, have frens who go to great lengths to conceive but still fail, some gone tru painful IVF a few times before success and doing painful and invasive test to ensure baby is growing well due to high risk age grp.
So babies are really a gift, a precious little gem that deserve all our effort & patience.

Hang on there, babe.
We are all facing the same problem, lets encourage and motivate each other.

JIA YOU!

Babylele, I am worried that my bb sitter doesn't want to takecare of my girl too.

Now every night I just worried will my gal sleep or not.

tanly, i think best is not to worry too much...u wanna work out a schedule with ur bb sitter? say let ur bb sitter take care of ur gal for a week and u rest for 1 week and let her establish some routine for her (as bb sitter's supposed to be more experienced) and u take over again after 1 week?! also maybe try to hang ard the bb sitter's place and observe how she handles ur gal...at least u can learn from there... i think its not easy for a first time mum, i also tried all sorts of method for my #1 (from researching thru books and websites) and also observed how my mum soothen and handle him etc... i guess its a part tha we have to go thru since we decided to be mothers...we juz have to have an open mind and learn along the way lor... juz jia you and dun give up k?
happy.gif
will u be leaving ur gal overnite with bb sitter next time as well?

babylele, yeah understand how much u missed ur couplehood...thas why since we had #1, my hb and i made it a pt to go "pa tok" on every thursday after work...we juz go for a simple dinner or movie or maybe some shopping, basically to "get away" from the bb... now with 2 kids, its even more diff to have couplehood life...sometimes our couplehood life is juz simple grocery shopping while my mum or MIL jaga the kids for awhile... in fact we are planning to go for a pak tor date next week...leaving #1 with MIL and #2 with my mum...altho there's alot of logistics to be arranged but its worth it for tha few hrs lor... u dun have to be envious of childless couple's freedom la cuz eventually when kids grow up, they maybe dun even want our company liao cuz they have their frens, gfs/bfs or hb/wife...so we juz enjoy our moments with the kiddos now.
happy.gif
good tha u are very positive
happy.gif
yeah, agree the part tha concieving is not easy as bb's really a gift!
happy.gif
we juz have to learn and jia you along the way
happy.gif

tanly, cheer up. I kind of break down yesterday too. I cry when i was taking my 15 mins nap in the evening, but maybe i really exhausted carrying her i just break down and tear just pouring down. But after that i feel better.

Later i think it over i cried out is because i am too stress and dunno how to destress. Cause for other stress i got my own destress method like watch drama or just stone it over. But with bb we can't "hide" got to deal with it. Also no more me time, couple time and etc... I guess i also miss my mum who have gone back Msia last week, cause with my mum around at least there is someone to talk or chat other stuff other than bb. Now is like only me and hb and all about baby.

Anyway, if feel stress just cry it out, you are not selfish but just need a break. My gal also want us to carry during day time , if not she also can't sleep long. She is super sensitive to noise, always put her down and water sound or upstairs a bit of sound she will startle and wake up and cry. My col told me to try to let her sleep on her tummy on her own and not on our body, and she can sleep soundly. We alway need to keep an eye on her but at least we can take a break from carrying her.

As what babylele say is correct, bb is going to 2 months, they might not need so much sleep during the day, my gal can don't sleep from 10 am to 6 pm if we don't carry her to sleep or let her sleep on tummy.

I also worry that my bb sitter dont want to take care of my gal too , but i try not to think so much. I gonna take care of my gal alone for 1 week+ after new year before we let bb sitter to take care. At first i very worry, but after these, baby more stable and i kind of learn to let her cry a bit instead of attend to her instantly.

My mum always told me bb will be easier to take care after 3 months old. So hang in there and jia you together.

Sporty, my bb sitter will takecare of my gal for weekday night too.

Karen, my mum also told me that 3 mths onward will be easier. Hopefully and look forward to it.

Thanks ladies for the encouragement. Think back that its a blessing that I had a healthy and cranky bb.

Will try to enjoy every moment with my gal before I go back to work.

Tonight n the past 3 nights, my baby is colicky. Last night, Christmas Eve, my baby passed motion 3 times, and at night screamed until her face red n tears flowing down. So we brought her to KKH Children Emergency. Waited a long time, and given Infacol to relief wind in her tummy.

Baby is ok during the day, but late night will just cry n scream for no reason. It's heartbreaking to hear her cry.

My older sis came to visit, and today her 5 yr-old son got an accident...his hand got stuck when bus' door closed. So my hubby brought them to KKH again, where the boy's left wrist was x-ray n put in a cast.

This Christmas was spent very subdued, no festivities. My dinner was just instant noodle with egg...no appetite.

Hang on there, mommies with babies with wind/colic. Chin up! my #2 has been having reflux since day1. recently, it had became so bad that it went up his nose, causing bacterial infection that cause him to have phelgm in the nose. If i don't burp him properly, milk would auto come out after i put him lying or, he would regurgitate the yoghurt looking milk. Then he would scream his lungs out and cry big time. he did to a certain extend that he kind of lost his voice on one of the days. Can you imagine, even lifting his butt a little higher from the mat or even him kicking his legs, would cause him to vomit out milk? having to change him like 2-3times in btw 2 feeds of milk... so much of laundry issue... anyway, hopefully my kid would get over this real soon!

I think right now, we cannot expect our kids to be on a routine as closely as we wish them to be. take heart... it'll take time for kids to adjust. May be bbs who are more awake at night may be because they are confused day/night? Try putting them to nap in bright without curtains so that they know it's daytime. night time, dim the lights if you need to (i change the diaper in the dark hahaa). Either that bbs just want to cluster feed during the evenings, having a fuller stomach before they sleep well and longer thru the nite. also, if you are lucky you'll not notice them having growth spurt, else your little one on growth spurt would ask for milk endlessly for a few days typically this would having ard wk 3, 6 and i cannot remember when else.

taurus, i tried using the infant insert but bb dun like it. so for now, i bot the MIM sling and used on him. Carrying at 5kg+ baby for a few hours on that sling actually would make you feel really tired esp if you are on your feet walking ard shopping... or perhaps i was not using the sling properly. but personally, i owuld use ergo carrier once his neck is firmed up.

Karen, my mum went home for a week already. surviving sanely for now.. but i also wonder how long can i hang on hahaaa ... try making your baby sleep with some noise. turn on the tv or radio, rather than in silent. my house is near a carpark and small alley just below my block, always got car or dumptruck in the mornings. and we sleep with fan and windows open and our bathroom door is not closed tightly, still can hear water flushing from the above. just now went to relatives x'mas party, heng... my kid sleep thru with tv, adults chatting and toddlers screaming.

anyway, while your mum is going back, plan your day well. typically i would wake up the same time as my #1 (about 7-7.30am), while my hb changed him and hb baths/gets ready for work, i feed #1 milk (if need to nurse #2 on one hand, hold the cup for #1 to drink milk while sit him down with a book). Then after #1 leaves home wiht hb, and #2 finish nursing, put him in the cot with bb mobile music or he might take a short nap. Then meanwhile, i quickly boil soup for my lunch and eat milo/bread or cook oats. 20min to play ard. then bath #2, then usually still need to nurse him so that he would really nap after this nursing session. after that, can bring him to the market or just stay home while i do housework. the rest of the day, play by ear. my lunch would usually be something steam meat/egg/fish and/or blanched veg with soup or some beehoon soup. Then afternoon, while he's into deep sleep, i would prepare for dinner (chop up garlic or something). Then go n nap for an hr or two. Then i make sure he has his evening feed before hb and #1 comes home by 7pm. my dinner would be some meat stew or steam fish and fry one veg with the soup.

These are very kancheong and very tiring day esp if i don't burp #2 properly and screw up the whole plan. He can be cranky but i resort to pacifier now but the pacifier doesn't really work on him all the time.

For the meantime, we too have no pattoh time since we have 2kids in tow! My PIL would be in town next week so MAY BE we would get some relief but I am more concerned leaving #2 with them since he needs me to be ard to feed. I know I should try him on the bottle again (I only used on him like 3-4times nia).. so we'll see how things go

Any mummies who ordered Fitti diapers from the distributor?? May I know how long is their response time ah?? Cuz i rmb someone posted the online form her but dun rmb is who liao.. I sent in an email to them on 16th.. till now no response wor... =\

Hi mummies, like to check if your bb is not sleeping, what do you do with them? play with them? let them play with themselves? or carry them?

hello, sorry to butt in. i saw that some mummies here are depressed over caring for the baby. me too. i broke down so many times cos i couldn't get back my milk supply after a series of blocked ducts. baby's crying cos not enuf milk. i was losing my sanity.

then, a fren told me that babies can feel how mummy feel and will react to the feeling. So if you are sad and angry, baby will also be sad and angry. If you are happy, baby also happy. So, yest, i let my in-laws took care of baby and i went par tor with hubby. the 2 hour shopping did a lot of help and relaxes me. So, i suggest that if you are feeling overwhelmed, go for a short break away fr baby, away fr home and just relax. i felt so good after the shopping that the whole night i was feeling happy and not agitated even tho i had to wake up 2 hourly to feed baby. (i have been angry cos not enough zz feeding baby 2 hourly cos of my low milk supply)

Tanly: when baby not zzz in the day, we'll play with him. i read somewhr that baby will rem the interaction and happy feeling and then they will smile in their dreams during zzzz. but if near to the evening, we'll either put him in the rocker or carry them but not much interaction. else they overstimulated and difficult to fall asleep at night

My baby also got colic prob. alot of wind and he kept on passing wind. he will scream and scream before he pass it out. sometimes he belches so loudly that it could be heard from another room. so, we gave him gripe water after feed when we felt he got lots of wind (we bottled feed him cos i dun have enough bm and i think the bott feeding giving him to wind). He's very calm after the gripe water and will pass out wind. Then we also massage his tummy. the massage was taught by a lactation consultant and we find it quite effective cos after the massage, baby will pass out some wind.

Hope all mummies will not feel so stress. tho there are so much agony struggling with the baby, ultimately, upon seeing baby smile, i think all of us will forget all the anguish we have! Let's enjoy motherhood!

just to share..
when i had my 1st one.. motherhood was a struggle.. she had colic problems and reflux.. at that time i also had very bad engorgement.. being a 1st time mum.. it was very difficult.. not enough sleep plus need to handle baby.. when baby keep crying, you feel helpless esp if you're home alone with just u and baby..

i had a little post natal depression but crying really helped.. so mummies if you really need to, just cry it out.. i took care of my 1st one myself for 7 months.. initially i was very afraid to take care of her cos i was worried if she cries, i can't manage.. i didn't bring her out myself until she was much bigger.. if not, i'll always ask my mum along cos i know she can handle my gal.. but i learn to slowly manage her myself.. it takes time but u also need to be confident yourself! 1 thing i regretted is not spending enough time with my 1st one.. when i went back to ‭work, my mum stayed at home to look after my gal full time.. i'm very grateful for that but at the same time, my gal and my mum shares a very special bonding.. now she's very close to my mum..

wad i'm trying to say is, no matter how hard it is now.. it's just a passing stage like wad sporty said.. we have to press on.. every baby is different and unique and as they grow, we also grow with them.. and everyday we're learning new things abt them.. their habits etc.. end of the day.. wad we get is a very special bond between mother and baby which nothing in the world can replace..
happy.gif

Dear all mummies
happy.gif

I am from aug mum.
I have some items to let go for your consideration:

-Avent electronic single pump(warranty till May 2011)
-New Avent 125ml bottle x 1
-New Pigeon disposable pad 36x2 boxes
-2 days old Auto Yau Lan
-less then 30mins old Bumbo seat(reserved)
-Mom R us sling
-Net rocker
-New Nanny Bottle 250ml x3
-New Baby Boy cloth Sets
-Madela SM cream sets x 2

Pls PM me if u interested.
Happy Boxing Day and rest well b4 the big day
happy.gif

Back