(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font face="kristen itc"><font color="#FF6666">stephanie...</font>

hey.. JIAYOU!
but dun get pressured by me ah.. everybody is different okie? *HUGS*</font>

wah everyday can only read no time to post!

Ling
dun tell me now u can pump more than 300ml ah? dun give me heart attack hor haha.. no worries lah. what matters is our babies are all gaining weight well right, whether or not we can pump a lot or a lil milk.

anyway i really got no time to pump milk now. my mom who is supposed to be my CL has gone back to indo for a week to attend some matters and now basically im so busy with work piling up to my neck all the time! once done with baby, i have to supervise my older boys school work, tests etc.. remind the younger boy practise his piano, do his work if not its spending time with my gal. wah chuan!! at times my hub so busy with work cant take time off to pick my kids i already started driving out! thank God my baby sleeps a lot in the day so i cheong out after feeding him.

Steph
how old r ur kids? how do u cope at home with so many kids n a newborn??

Ling, I dun even know if I can achieve half loh.. hahahha

U got take supplements or tips to hand to me? hehehe

mama to 6Js - My kiddos are 7, 4 and 3... at home got a helper to look after housework then mum comes over to jagar helper.. hahaha

My eldest is in P1 so only comes back in the afternoon, then #2 and #3 goes to full day Childcare... Me now concentrate on baby... already take up all of my time liao... now like walking zombie.. hahah

How about you? 6Js... I salute you man.. lol

For delivery, I heard #5 charges will be different? Is that true?

Any difference between #4 and #5?

Steph
i have 2 helpers but they only do housework n cook. im also zombified! my ah boy is super on his nite feeds. he feeds even longer at nite than in the day. im averaging abt 4-5 hrs of interrupted sleep everyday. then i need to wake up at 6am to settle my twins to school, then go back sleep a while and wake up at 7.30am to settle n see the younger kids b4 they go sch. shag ah!!

my oldest r in p2. its their cruccial yr this yr cos they will be streamed to different classes next yr according to their results. my younger 2 r in 3 hrs kindy. so basically im busy busy busy whole day dun even hv time to nap. v cham hor. i cant wait for school holiday!

do u mean hospital charges? this is my #6 and although i had natural delivery with no epi i dunno how my hospital bills still need to pay 3k plus in cash??? so exp lor

*mama to 6Js*
Me oso everyday read nia...u no time to post, i lazy to post...then next time really no time to post liao...u busy bt still looking great
happy.gif

*stephanie*
other than the eldest kid (my eldest P3), the rest of our kids are of the same age
happy.gif

2000 2005 2006 2009

girly
haha... when ur cl goes back u will be real busy hor. r u considering a maid?

actually other than our eldest kids and my #3, we both also got kids born in the same yr! mine are 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2009

mama to 6Js, my boy also leh... feeds and wakes up longer at night... day time can sleep 4 hours loh... think our schedule very similar... I also need to wake up at 5:30am to wake my boy up to take the school bus then go back to sleep for a while then wake up to attend to my #2 and #3 then #4 will wake up and then I will start the day all over again.. lol

Hahah why u prefer school hoilday? I prefer school day cause at least my boy is away for 1/2 a day.. hahaha

Yah natural deliver with no epi still 3K plus a bit ex leh.. which hospital u delivered in?

Girlygirly.. wah... such a coincidence!!!

My #2 born in April 2005, #3 born in July 2006... urs?

Hi Princess Xiaomei and Xueli

Hi Hi. Yup we have the same gynae. I went for c-sec on 9 Sep 09 after seeing Dr Heng on 8 Sep.

I m still deciding whether to go to a PD or Dr Heng for the jab. But this has to be 6 weeks from the birth, right? The nurse didn't explain to me on the jab. But the health booklet states the next appt is to be 1 month which is 9 Oct 09.

Is it cheaper or more ex to go to a pd for the jab?

Steph
my kids dun take school bus. i used to send them to school now cos of nite feeds and feeding scheduling my hub take over my job but as soon as baby is more or less more settled i gotta be driver again lor!

i like school holi cos no need wake up early mah and also no need bother to check their school work. i hate sch holi cos my house will be like a market, v v noisy!!! and kids bug me no end!

my #4 and #5 both born in sept. my #4 is 12 sept, #5 is 4 sept and now #6 is 2 sept! my gynae say either i love sept babies or i very free during the dec holidays cos always conceive ard this period!!!

Steph
my baby is also on 2 hourly feed in the day but i tot since he has so much in the day, nite time at least should stretch longer and give me more rest lah. but no!! nite time at most also 3 hours but most of the time still 2 to 2.5 hours and worst day time only latch 15 mins and he is full and at nite need to latch 20-30 mins and sometimes need to drink 2 boobs! wah tired leh! after that sure must change diaper after every feed plus burp sometimes even poo. 1 feed can take me 45 mins!!

*mama to 6Js*
OOOOO...ya...
happy.gif

*stephanie*
OOOOO...my #3 oso july 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha..
#2 mar 2005, one mth difference only!!!!
oh mine, really such a coincidence...

Help...

My right boob is so engorged.. hot compress and rubbing with light suction on breast pump.. Nothing come out!!!

girlygirly! Wah... such a coincidence!!!

Ur #3 not born on 27th July ba? hahaha if not I will freak out leh.. hahah

We should meet up one day for the kiddos to play together man.. lol

U have facebook? Do add me if you do k? stephie1735 at gmail dot com

Pamelia, if engorge, Parent Craft ladies teach say use 2-3 cabbage leaves to put on breast.. but I heard this method will reduce breast milk supply... but think once or twice should be fine lah..

<font color="ff0099">Mamijoan</font>
Lucky thing is that we have no balcony lah. And the whole home is already childproofed with locks and such. But things like sink... no way to childproof leh.
We've even confiscated and hid away his stepping stool so he can't get up to mischief, but he damn clever. Searched the whole place, found it, and dragged it out into the kitchen to play at the sink again. But then again... a 3rm flat isn't exactly that hard to search for something as big as a stool.
lol.gif

*Stephanie*

hahaha...ya i will freak out man if really the same...3rd July

So though our 3 kids are borned in the same yr bt mine are all 'older' then urs, haha..

I oredi added u
happy.gif

*Pamelia*

Best way is to latch bb frequently or pump religiously...ya to me the engorgement feels so horrible than delivery itself. Nearly wanna go bonker...in fact i asked hub go to the nearest medical hall to buy a kind of medicine tat will relieve engorgement bt on the other hand will stop milk supply and flow. The sales person nt willing to sell coz say tat is the last resort, best is to latch or pump...

Thereafter get hub to buy cabbage...i used this method once only coz i find it nt effective. will feel a lil relieve when the cabbage leaves is v cold bt the effect worn out after a short while. The breast can 'cook' the leaves somemore coz the breast is really engorged and hot!!

so in the end i bear wif the pain n pump religiously...it starts to get better after 2days...

please bear in mind cannot use hot compress for a long period, can't rem the reason why is it so, bt will make things worse...

so juz gt to bear wif the pain nw, for sure it won't stay for long...many of us here haf overcome this, u can do it too
happy.gif

*shelled*

sink...at least sink is clean de lor... my gal at 8mths crawled into the toilet, stood infont of the toilet bowl, put her hands inside AND SWIRL the water!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! Finally its my turn tmr. going to induce. Feeling excited cant wait to see my princess though im still feel abit 'ke xi' that i cant wait for few more days...

*shelled*

anyway don't scared the 1st time mommies here la, but wif kids hor, really don't know wat mischief they are up to one lor...usually adults wil be caught by surprised abt their 'abilities'!

girlygirly, yah.. heheh urs all older.. lol... My kiddo's pics are all on facebook..
happy.gif

Sarah, all the best to you k! You will soon be able to hold baby in your arms
happy.gif

<font color="ff0099">girlygirly</font>
I hope your gal didn't put her fingers into her mouth afterwards lor!!! Ewwww.
My sink is clean lah, but hor, we have 1 old toothbrush (to scrub sink and tap) and 1 washing brush (to wash dishes) beside the sink. Ytd I caught Joshua brushing his teeth with the old toothbrush.
lame.gif
When I told him that one cannot use to brush teeth, he still argue with me that it's a toothbrush what. *faints*
He finally got the point after I told him that using other ppl's toothbrush means other ppl's "yuck" will go into his mouth, then his mouth will be yuck too. Heng he has an aversion towards dirty things, otherwise I don't think I can ever stop him from getting up to all that mischief!

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
i have the same situation as bbq.. my girl will sometimes shake her head before latching on..
sometimes i quite amused by it..and wonder why she shakes her head..with her eyes closed okay...
hahahaa...

<font color="ff0000">Mamijoan></font>
yeah...roughly... but i really gotta find a chance to try this out..wahahha...

<font color="ff0000">princess></font>
dun cry...confinement woman not supposed to cry..very bad for the eyes..will turn blind...
or at least i was told by my MIL.... cannot cry...

<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
having buffet at chalet la.. no need to BBQ.. hahaa..so its considered very eng liao loh...

<font color="ff0000">Medela Freestyle></font>
wah...steady pump..what i normally take at least 30min to achieve..now i achieve in 22min... to empty both breasts..
cool!! hehe...means more sleep!!! hehehe.. :p

but i dun like the fact that the funnel sticks to my breasts..and when i try to take it off my breasts, it hurts!!

<font color="aa00aa">shelled, girly</font>
our 2yo's mischief. Makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time. Luckily I can't think of any "dirty" stories at the moment about my son other than him putting playdough into his mouth (on purpose even though he knows it can't be eaten).

I really admire those of you (girly, Mama to 6Js, Stephanie Goh) who manages 4 kids and more. I have 2 and already have a hard time coping.

rach
so fast u got ur freestyle? so now u can pump n walk ard the house at the same time? LOL

girly
that swirling of water in the toiletbowl thing, my kids have been there done that too! feel like sanitising their hands in dettol at that time!

mamijoan
2 yr old is a very cute stage.. u r right, they make u laugh and cry at the same time!

wah im so tired! why is it that my boy need to wake up 2 hourly at nite when he drinks so much more at nite per feed compare to daytime? i thought he would have last longer but boy was i wrong! always wake me up at ungodly hours. i usually sleep at 10.30pm he wake me up at 11pm then 1 plus am then 4am then just as i thought i can go back to sleep after sayg bye to my older boys who leave the house at 6.30am, he wake me up again at 6.40am! and nurse leisurely until 7am then poo etcc... by the time im done with him i no need sleep already cos its time to wake up to tend to the younger ones! arrrgh!!!

how many hourly do ur babies wake up for feed? or is it just mine who is such a boobies addict??

Umbilical Cord>

My BB's Umbilical Cord Came Off! 1 week later, Almost exactly at the time she was born! Only Slightly earlier... Think she fidget too much... Her diapers rubbed it off? But now it looks like a little bit of blood there? Antiseptic wipe and the powder still?

oh btw, did u read the ST today. page 2 has a small write up on a newborn with 8.7kg birth weight! whoa~~ thats the weight of a healthy 5-6 mth old!!!

Mamato6,

Thanks. My engorgement... Slightly better... VERY slightly... Asked HB to use Shelled method and "torture" me... Really very painful... >.<i>.< I get frustrated knowing with 2 good boobs I can get up to almost 80-100ml? Then I'll know she's REALLY full!

Eh? How come the rest of my message got eaten up???

I was askin, Is there a possibility my nipple is blocked somewhere that's why the pump flow is so slow??? Not even in drips when I pump... The good side takes like 10 mins to get cleared... The engorged right boob can take forever!

<font color="ff0000">mama6></font>
hahaha..because... the seller has one on hand.. her own..which she ordered to test out the delivery period...
and she's due in Nov.. i had asked her to ask the rest of the buyers if anyone would change slots with me so i can get it earlier..
coz by right i can only receive it in 2nd/3rd week Oct... which is too long la....
so nobody was willing to change with me..then she offered her own...
which is $11 more exp..coz she said the shipping was higher...
So if i had gotten the $469 + courier $9.15 = $478.15...
and as i managed to get a fren to pick it up from her directly... i just pay her $480 loh..
at least i get to use it fast.. hehehhhe... :p
i never use the battery la... dun have a need to walk ard also.. wahha...
at least i can use 2 hands to type now.. wahhahaa.. :p

<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
u can try one method my ML did for me... ask ur HB to massage..and squeeze out the milk....
means... with right and left hands covering each side of the boob.... massage and then both hands come towards the nipple and squeeze...
as if squeezing a sponge....
its gona be very painful... but the flow of the milk will be cleared... force out the wind..and then u have cleared ducts..
press a few times.. initially only see some milk flowing out from the sides of the nipples.. then it'll become a fountain, shooting upwards...
he gotta squueze hard...let go, massage a few rounds, then squueze hard... and squueze and squeeze...
then the milk will flow out.... i think wasted abt 5 ml??
hehhe...

Princess Xiaomei
Nurse say baby dun need to sun.
My confinement is 28days.
you veri wei ta le.. i total cannot carried baby until now due to not enough blood can faint ataw.
Now my hb say must care myself first. Sian...
sad.gif

Pei Pei
I'm gg to Roger for the 1mth jab.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">mama to 6 Js</font>
actually I think its normal. How many weeks is your baby now? Mine is 4 weeks today. He is still on 2 hourly feeds. At night also between 2 hrly to 3 hrs but that is because my CL tries to delay his feeding by rocking, carrying him. But sometimes, he just wails after 2 hrs and there is no way to delay.

Usually I go to bed after her 10+ feed. This would be the longest stretch of sleep I get. She will wake around 1 to 2 am. After that, its every 2 to 2 1/2 hrly. Her feeding times seem to be shorter at night though. Usually falls asleep after 15 mins whereas in the day, she won't stop until at least 30 mins. In fact, I have been trying to latch her on longer so that she drinks more and sleeps longer but it seems like she just wants to snack. Not sure if you feed lying down. When it gets really tough to keep my eyes open, I'll feed lying down. There was once, I fell asleep while feeding her cradling. I think she also fell asleep. So afraid I'll drop her.

Poor you, I'm sure you are exhausted. Right now, my mom helps put my elder boy to bed and prepare him for school in the morning. My husband has also taken over driver duty in the morning but noon time I still drive out to pick my son up. But my mom will not be staying with me from next week onwards. I shudder at the thought of having my toddler throwing tantrums while my baby is wailing for milk at the same time.

Yes, they are really cute at 2 but also a headache at the same time. Mine is a chatterbox and it is just amusing what comes out of his mouth sometimes.

Hi Mommies,

Good Morning!! Me having very bad breasts engorgement. I tried to put hot towel to cover it but doesn't seems to work. Going to try the "lettuce" method and latching on bb later. Hope it will get better. Ytd night after pumping out the milk, my breasts engorged in just 2 hours again. Haiz...so tough to breastfeed.
Somemore when I express the milk out, I will have veri bad splitting headache. I think is becos I keep bend down my head while pumping and when I look up, omg, my head like going to burst.

mamijoan
im so comforted to know im nt alone and tat my baby is actually normal! cos i dun remember any of my babies so tam jiak round the clock, well except for my twins. thats y till now still so big size. the rest were average drinker n my #3 actually slept thru by 6 weeks. i had hard time persuading/forcing him to wake up to feed on my engorged boobs cos i hate to wake up to a soaking wet pillow n clothes smelling of milk. n my gal slept thru by 2 mths plus. for tis baby, i was only engorged for a day cos he was sucking me dry all the time!

i do feed lying down but at this moment its not my preferred way of feeding cos its messy when milk spills from the sides of his mouth, n he chokes easily by the fast flow. i do it only to get him to fall back to sleep aftr changing his diapers n he becomes wide awake. thats when i know at least he is full from the feed n im just nursing him to sleep. ya bad habit but i'd do anything to save tat 15 mins of rocking him to sleep! usually he'd nurse for 5 mins then fell asleep then i move him back to cot.

i feel so tired at nite but guess wat. once im awake, i dun even feel a teeny bit of exhaustion. maybe cos im always busy in the day that leaves me no time to feel tired. i actually miss sending my kids to school, spending time in the car n they been askg why i still cant send them. hopefully soon la.

i dun hv cl, my mom is helpg but she has gone hm to run errands only back this weekend. with her ard things r a lil easier at least i can express milk n go out get fresh air!! i dun trust maids to feed my bb at this age though i hv v good helpers.

so lets just hang on la. the difficult stage will be over soon, hopefully!!! btw, my baby is 3 wks old.

gina> lol. we wun hoot u la. anyway we are bored to death at hm looking after bb. =p

stephanie> keke. i refuse to buy fm ma. den with no fm, juz feed lo =p think must be really persistent if really wanna go on tbf =p

sheryn> i oredi start bathing when i in hospital. think 2nd day i buay tahan oredi. lol =p nv use any special shampoo or body wash =p

milkyway> it's ok. i bathe n wash hair everyday since de day i delivered -_-" so dirty n sticky, i damn buay tahan lo. =x

rach> erms. ya lo. unless some smart ass spill some water or pour some food all over lo.

*mama to 6Js*
I've gt jie2 pi4 lor...freak out at the sight of roaches, gecko's sh*T, watever sh*T...so imagine i saw my gal swirling her lil hands in the toilet bowl, i was !!!!!!!!!!

*mamjoan*
Though we haf a big brood to manage, don't know abt mama and steph, i shudder at the tot like u abt toddler throwing tantrum while bb is wailing for milk...unlike working whereby u can work at one thing at a time, taking care of children means all the things tat needed our attention might happen at the SAME TIME!

We've gt to feed the bb for an least 20-30min. and in tat 20-30mins, many things can happened...
Imagine tis scenario, while im feeding bb, #1 shouted for me tat #2 and #3 are fighting for toys and 3 of them starts screaming at ea other and later having 1 or 2 of them coming to me wailing tat jiejie nt sharing the toys...suddenly it rains and my almost dried laundry will be getting wet if i don't keep them in time...bt then bb is sucking so well and comfortably. putting her down to attend the older kids and the laundry will make her wail...!!

Juz imagining this, will go bonker liao right....bt then still haf to face it lor, no matter hw afraid we are/i am...

next yr i haf 3 kids going to n fro sch at different timing, so if hub nt helping, imagine the no of trips i haf to make to send n pick them up....

I THINK I WILL RUN AWAY FR HOME...haha...

*stephanie*
Hey ur children all so gd looking! esp ur newborned...u look so blessed in the family photo taken at the zoo...think u haf a lot of things in common wif mama to 6Js...3 of ur kids are borned in the same yr, all their names wif the initial J and only 1 princess, haha..

Metallic Latex Balloons

hee.. can some kind soul feed me on where to buy cheap Metallic Latex / Heart Shaped Balloons? Those i saw online damn ex lo.. its cheap balloons but delivery charges expensive like shit lo.. =) Kind souls kind souls.. arigato!

envy u ladies that can bath or even wash hair everyday. i'm not suppose to bath or wash my hair under the watchful eyes or i should say ears of my mil. even though she boil the herbal stuff, she only allows me to "clean up" cannot bath woh. dh told me to bath/wash my hair in the afternoon when my mil goes out. if not for that i'll probably stink like mad and get very cranky. can;'t wait for the confinement to be over. *sigh*

girly
i shudder at the thought of being in ur shoe leh. my hub always says i wear the pants in the house cos all the kids will bug me for every single thing!sometimes i feel im a single parent cos they only go to papa when they wanna go out, buy things etcc... all the fun part papa is in charge. all the nagging scolding n disciplining n playing the bad woman is ME!yet the kids still come to me for every single need! weird huh. at least i still got helpers. with such big brood, additional pair of hands is very much appreciated! and guess what.. i hv just changed my car to fit my big brood too! from an XC90 hubby got me a vellfire 8 seater that can sit 10. and he said thats my PUSH GIFt! *faintz* now i look like a school bus auntie!

sheryn> m i? i seldom go facebook wor =p

camomile3> cannot be cant bathe la. doc give me a solution to wash my would while i bathe leh. dun bathe how to wash my wound?

*mama to 6Js*
hahahahahaha....so funny u...ok la ok la, u are one GLAM sch bus auntie lor...

sama sama la, i nag i scold i discipline too...bt then they still come to me at every single need like : mommy, did u see my eraser? Bt then they are nt afraid of me one lor...when i can't handle them, i will tell papa to chu1 ma3.

I used to be a 'woman of few words' lor...nw some time i really can't tahan myself oso. became such a NAGGER...think hub n kids can really bring out the the nagging potential in a woman lor...

btw steph acc in fb [email protected]

camomile
wah how to tahan dun shower? poor baby feed at our boobs we so sticky n smelly.

girly
hehe.. yah my kids r like tat too. very iritating at times hor?? we need to be octopus, have multiple hands n legs and eyes!

thanks for steph acct. i will add her

fitti premium promo> anyone here know abt de fitti premium promo? can share with me? looking at buying more cheap diapers, esp since my CL going back soon. think i wanna switch to use diapers fully =p

Back