(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

celine
i would oso opt for more balloons.. the mickey mouse sculpture will have the wow factor with adults.. but kids will be more wow.. if the place is balloon filled.. it's like a magical balloon land.

I was Jus at e yp fiesta. Heinz biscotti was selling at 3 for $6.50. Slightly cheaper than motherhood fair. Can buy if any mums r interested ;p

where's and wat's this young parents fiesta about? missing out on any good deals?

i saw the heinz biscotti on sale at ntuc about a week ago....dunno still on or not. 4 for 8.55

the mickey mouse balloon, not worth getting bah...

i also wanna go to the fiesta to get the one copy and the goodie bag worth $50.. hhaa...

my office here that ang mo supermart (one branch opening in punggol soon), they sell the biscuit for $2.20...

michelle and dolce: either all go fiesta or go orchard road fish for bags.. hahah

su> it's at marina square. i nv buy the heinz biscotti at the fiesta. cos my aunt juz got my boy 4packs. so alot of biscuit liaos. i only grab the puree n cereal. think everything from heinz is cheap there as compared to during the motherhood sale at expo

babys> haha. the goody bag not so useful for us. cos alot of the stuffs meant for the bigger kids. but i bought 2 goody bag. cos ks hubby say come so far must buy 2bags -_-"

fish for bags? hermes? haha. den i rather fish for bags den go fiesta if have leh =x

yeah i rather fish for bags, then i'll sell the bags and get cash!

yeah heinz stuff is cheaper during fair..

during the last motherhood fair, i bought one box of j&j hand/mouth wipes.. thats 12 packs. haha.. cos cheaper than what i get.

hi gals

it's been a busy day for me. Finally got my party packs and ordered my bbq. phew! next going to order the birthday cake. So busy, so many things to do...

mich,
the young parent fiesta got pigeon biscuit sales?
happy.gif

am so excited, am going to make cheddar garlic potatoes, salmon broccoli and carrots for shayna tmrw, and using the same ingredients for me! haha..

Hiaz .. Ovann seems to have sore throat now as his voice sounds husky. But he still continue to shriek and scream. Wonder if it hurts.

celine,
Oh .. u've got helper to help you blow up the balloons. I dun hv anyone to help me, and to save the trouble, think i'm just gonna get those filled up & deliver to me
happy.gif

Celine
decided to go for ezy coz free delivery and seems slightly cheaper.

Finally got everything except the birthday banner.
happy.gif
booked my ice cream cake and 0.5kg normal cake coz the ice cream cake max 2kg.

pampers active on offer at cold storage
$38.60 for 2 big packets
fitti is $0.25 each...pampers is $0.28 now
i will stick over to pampers liao...can last longer
happy.gif

Hi hi... We found out why my ger refuse to drink milk!!! She dun like the milk powder. From birth she is on enfalac... No prob... Lately slowly change to enfapro... Initially she is ok.. Now she dislike the milk... I try to give her enfalac testing if it's the milk powder issue... Yes! She willing to drink enfalac! Faint!!! I just bought 2 tin, one just open ytd and one haven... Any mummy wanna buy over the milk powder from me? I got the milk powder from cold storage. The unopen one I m willing to let go at $35 with delivery to Sengkang, punggol area. Pm me
happy.gif
I m going to try other stage 2 milk or try 1 yr old milk when she turn 1.

Puroland, my girl is drinking Enfalac and now Enfapro. She is ok with it. Sometimes drink lesser but sometimes drink more. The new improved Enfapro has probiotic. I just bought one tin yet to open but I'm looking forward to opening it. My girl has no problem with the stage 2, dont know about the improved version yet.

Sharon, thanks for the info. I'll drop by Cold Storage today to stock up pampers.

Baby pulling hair. Any mommies facing problem with this? My girl will pull her hair when she angry, or when I told her "cannot". I just told my helper that in future dont give in to baby when she pulls her hair, otherwise she will pull her hair whenever she wants something.

Sorry mummies, I forget the amt i bought the milk powder... Willing to let go at $30... If any aug mummies interested can neg.
happy.gif

any recommendations for cheap, nice soft leather shoes like the shooshoos? I find spending $48 for a pair of shoes that they outgrow quickly a little steep for my pocket.

Should have bought some during kiki's taobao sprees. Now my gal is shoe-less.
sad.gif

My girl also pull her hair a lot... ESP during meal time when she had enough and being force to eat.. We always tell her "ur hair so little liao,, still pull somemore!!... Later botak!" haha

Puroland
my boy got a free 400g sample of enfapro, she no problem with it.. but dunno is the improved version.. but i believe he's ok with any FM ba coz he tried friso too.. He's on similac from stage 1 to stage 2.. ok with the change..

Mashy
haha! I was looking at the shoes in taobao few days ago... going to get some shoes for my boy. if you want, can help you get also... my hb is coming back on 11Jul, so can ask him to bring back.

dolcevita> young parents fiesta is basically a fair held by young parents magazine which give out good freebies when u subscribe to their magazine. at the fair got other suppliers. one of which is heinz which offer good price for their product. than nothing more liaos.

basically i went to the fair to subscribe 1yr magazine @ 10% discount n free thomas the train toy. den bought one issue at of july issue n get a whole big bag of goodies. n oso bought alot of heinz products.

the fair is at marina n ends on sunday btw.

Michelle,

Thanks for the reply.....
Seems like a good deal then...shall see if hubby wana go Marina later..if not have to give it a miss...

dolcevita> haha. i was there again today. brought my boy to sign up for the cover baby contest. but he refuse to smile. lol =x n i too paiseh to make him smile. he grumpy. cos his sleeping time =x

ended up going for lunch instead =p

oops, so blur, went into 2010 aug mtbs instead and was totally wondering why moms were talking abt prepping milkbags for leaking milk...and not a single familiar nick. Then I remembered my boy is aug2009...

Just realised that less than 2 mths to his birthday and i havent started looking around for stuff yet. hmm, 3rd child syndrome??

I'm worried abt his progress. He's already 10mths, but still only cruising slowly. By this time, his jiejies were already walking, so I'm wondering if I'm not letting him practise enough or it's just a normal 'all kids are different' thing. What're your little ones doing already? Even like picking things up with thumb and second finger, he's not very good at all. Still mostly using fist to get stuff.

claire, Isaac is also slower than his sisters when it comes to walking/cruising. I remmeber reading thatgirls develop faster in some areas such as walking compared to boys so dun think its a problem. But he has better hand/eye coordination compared to his sisters... he can throw a ball, push a car while crawling along... things his sisters dun even bother doing at his age ha ha ha

Yesterday morning wake up can't find baby on bed saw him lying part of my blanket on the laminate flooring from my platform bed he never cry he use my blanket as a slide?? ..he still can so happy and actively playing on my bed? No vomit no bao also...

claire> my boy is my #1, so i cant compare him with my other kids. but as compared to people in sept mum forum, he does everything later than them. but some of those in sept mums skip crawling and went straight to standing. now at close to 10mths, my boy can stand too. haven attempted to walk. but he went thru the usual route. sit, wriggle, crawl n now stand (though not unassisted. he will hold on to something himself). last time he try to let go of me, den within 1sec, he fell back on the bed. somemore can still smile at me after he fell -_-"

but i read young parents magazine, dey say kids who go thru all the stages, from crawling learns things faster than kids who skip the crawling stage in future. anyway for me, no stress, all kids are different. let them learn things at their pace. they'll do fine in future
happy.gif

Hi claIre guess it's a diff babies diff stages.. My bb still don't use straw to drink water and he still do not wan to hold his milk bottle to drink himself he also lazy to hold finger food he is acting like a king haha.. When everyone starts to crawl or flip or stand he is always slower than the rest but we are giving him time and guiding him..Every baby is unique and I am sure your baby will master his motor skills in no time
happy.gif

mummies who bought the yu ren sen si shen powder, how much u feed ur baby nd how many times huh? i ask the girl she say 1 teaspoon but 4get ask her how many times..

Claire,

Jan is also slower in her development as compare to her gor gor and I dun mind cos I dun want another active kid to chase after...lolz ok I am a lazy mummy.

But I can see that my boy and girl develop differently. Mei mei has very good motor skill and aiming skill, she has no problem picking up small biscuit and sending them to her mouth at 6mths.

baby ja> u buy the lady nv give u a special spoon? the sales person told me 1spoon of the special spoon each time, twice a day

Mummies,
im tinking of bringing ryan to bkk..advisable?
btw when travelling, advisable to bring carrier or Stroller? Or both?

Mummies,
im tinking of bringing ryan to bkk..advisable?
btw when travelling, advisable to bring carrier or Stroller? Or both?

travelling> planning a trip to taiwan in oct with my boy. now still can make passport for him tagged to mine? or need to make one for him? abit bo hua leh

Back