(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Dolce: Its me who is selling the freezer...

Sharon: Im in for weekday gathering... Abit hard for me to go on weekend cos of my hyper active eldest girl...

Babymaking, I've emailed you. Can I have the account to transfer? I can only make the payment during lunch time to make it before 3pm, nearby no ATM, must drive to the mall. BTW, can bring maid along or not? I've a business trip n hopefully be back by then otherwise I'll persuade my hb to bring baby there. Thanks.

Reira, just watched your baby youtube. He is really adorable.

Baby's Day out Event

$12 per family

Get a Baby Bag filled with goodies worth more than $100 with every registration!

Entry requirements - have a baby that's 12 months or below 12mths old

Event details
Date: 17 April 2010
Time: 2pm – 5pm
Venue: The Little Skool-House At Tampines-Junction

It's Baby’s Day Out! Look forward to talks by a pediatrician and a child development expert.

What’s more, develop your baby’s cognitive ability and motor-skills through our hands-on activities at the gathering!

Highlights:
Talk: ‘A Strong and Healthy Child’
by Dr Ang Ai Tin, Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, Thomson Medical Centre
Talk: ‘Importance of relationships to infant and toddler development’ by Dr Melinda Eng, Senior advisor, Curriculum, NTUC First Campus
*Baby crawling contest
*Photography sessions for babies and families
*Learning & Developmental Toys Corner
*Exercise with Baby
*Chopsticks Oriental Healing Massages (for daddy and mummy)
*Craft Activities (for baby’s older siblings)

Those keen to go, pls leave down your name, and email address (i will email you the information required for registration)
1) babymaking
2) mystifiedjan - [email protected] - rec pymt
3) el-nino - [email protected]
4) gin oh - [email protected] - rec pymt
5) sandy dee- [email protected] - rec pymt
6) eboey - [email protected] - rec pymt
7) joyful - ? previously piggytoh - rec pymt
8) Cheerybabe - [email protected] - rec pymt
9) jul - [email protected] - rec pymt, short details
10) Juliet - [email protected]
11) puroland - J***@gmail.com - rec pymt
12) DolceVita - [email protected] - rec pymt
13) Lina - ck***@yahoo.com - rec pymt
14) Reira - na***@msn.com - rec pymt
15) fatBobo - [email protected]
16) BB(alva) - [email protected]

babymaking

The gumball machine is a very old toy already. I have that at home. They probably stopped bringing it in/production already.

Reira
I watched Zac video, sooo cute. when i try this trick on ethan, putting something infront of him then pull away, i'm sure he will scream.

here's the payment details of Munchkin cube in 2 part
S$21.60, transaction ref 2808273291
S$10.40, transaction ref 2808285372

hihi babymaking..

made payment le..
To Account POSB Savings
003-20976-8 SMH-Babymaking
Amount S$12.00
Transaction Reference 2808480003

oso emailed u the form liao..

many many thanks agn..

babymaking

My Nat still cant crawl yet, so not in time to join in for the crawling competition....though I wish she can, so can see how she fare...hahahaha...will be fun..

Oooh, so its Jul who wish to buy n Liz who wish to sell, both in our thread...oops...paiseh..

Hi bobo, read from your message for babymaking. The account you post "teoh boh?"
Account POSB Savings
003-20976-8 SMH-Babymaking

Sorry, need the account no. to transfer payment later. Thanks.

Babymaking
I had transferred to you for baby's day out
POSB Savings 003-20976-8 gracelynn, Amt=S$12.00
Transaction Reference 2808548904

haha, i wonder if it's the #2 syndrome at work again. Not keen on going for this Baby's Day out even though my gal can crawl at thunder speed. :p

baby ja, piggy

hmm.. i tell hubs abt the sofa then, see what he says. but then, now got bb liao, dunno if advisable to get new sofa???

el-nino

michelle
it is ok

fat bobo
what is HFM?

sharon
i put ur collection for the mozart cube at admiralty ok? since i will be living near u next time.

jul
i bought it during the sale thats y the price is at $700+.. they put there original price $2K+.. so u wait for the sale then go see..
eh.. i bought the sofa abt 4mths ago, with bb too leh...

pegsfur
this morning i follow ur way to boil the porridge first at the stove then put it in slow cooker to cook.. yeah.. took lesser time in slow cooker.. great.. thanks for the advise.. =)
i oni boil at the stove for abt 15mins then slow cooker for abt 2hrs not the usual 4hrs.. so next time will boil 30mins..

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

haha.. sophia.. it's ok la.. can still pass me cash on sun de. i'll be there oso.

cos i hv couple of atm trsf..den i duno izit tag wrong person.. paiseh mah.

reira.. HFM = hand, foot, mouth

Hi Babymaking, my payment detail as below:-
Date: 6 Apr 10
Time: 1.56pm
Ref.: 0545
Amount $12

Thanks. Do let me know what forms to fill up.

piggytoh, baby ja
re: seahorse sofa
wow, the price is so cheap. i can actually choose materials? because when i went to the shop, the display set sofa very hard.

initially wanted Cellini sofa but 3 seater already $1.8k after 30% discount. lol if Zachary happends to go and scratch it then gone case le.

so half leather half pvc will be cooling? but if someone scratch it, will have marks right? makes me wonder if get cloth material one is better or not. since can just change cover...

bobo
oh! haha thanks

Reira,
can chose material but more ex lor.. i like soft leather tt y i chose italy grade... full PVC is v hot usu the half leather the seatin part will be real leather den the back of the sofa will be PVC... i tink the showroom have diff material sofa on diff design u can go n check n try...
personally i dun like fabric 1 cos if drinks or other thing happen to pour onto the sofa mus clean frequent n not only the cover will be dirty the foam inside will also be dirty.. Kyler like to scratch my sofa when he stand on it but i dun see any mark la..

Like to share this article on separation anxiety
happy.gif
My experience is that when my bb is anxious and when the talking, cuddling or patting does not work anymore, I sing! She calms down almost immediately! *KTV style

Dealing with separation anxiety

At this age, most babies have typically already begun to show the signs of separation anxiety. Your baby may start to be shy or anxious around strangers, especially when tired or irritable, and when you're out of sight and not with him, he'll become upset. Although it's hard to see your baby distressed, it's important to let him experience this. When you leave your baby and return, proving that you always come back, you're helping him develop trust and the ability to form attachments to other people.

When you leave your baby, kiss and hug him and tell him you'll be back. If he's frightened or just falls apart, take the extra time to calm and reassure him. It's hard not to cry when he starts crying, but your breaking down only prolongs the agony. It may help to have someone else he's familiar with (not a new baby sitter) there to calm him. If your baby gets anxious about nighttime separations, spend some extra cuddle time reading, snuggling and softly singing together before you put him to bed.

Some babies are good at separation and some aren't - it depends on their temperament. Every child is different, as is the amount of reassurance each needs. If you know your baby needs more calming, don't feel bad about giving it or worry that you're just drawing out the process. You know your child better than anyone else, so follow your instincts.

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/development/08mth/

Mommies, can I know how do you make your baby sleep? My mum nags at me saying that my bb gal is spoilt rotten, cos she can only sleep when I stand infront of the fan and patting on her bum + cradling (from left to right) her. Am I spoiling her? Hmmmm I can't seem to pat her to sleep straight on the bed, unless she reckons that she will get the cradling style if she screams. hahaha

Saw another useful article on how you get your bb to nap longer.
happy.gif

How do I get my baby to nap longer?

It depends on why her naps are being cut short. If she's waking up after she's had the rest she needs (even if it's before you're ready for her to be up), there's not much you can do. If, however, she's waking for another reason, there are a number of steps you can take to encourage your baby to get the daytime rest she needs. Most young babies are ready to take a nap almost two hours to the minute after they last woke up. Put your baby down too early and she may just catnap. Put her down too late and she may not sleep well because she's overtired.

Remember too, that all babies have their own sleep preferences. Some take two long (an hour or more) naps a day. Others take three shorter (say, 45 minutes) naps. Both are completely normal.

Some babies will quickly drop back to sleep with a little bit of encouragement, such as a loving stroke. However, if your baby is waking up grumpily from her nap and clearly needing more sleep, you may want to think about how she's going to sleep. If she's being rocked to sleep, breastfed to sleep, or helped to sleep by you in any other way, she may simply be having a brief arousal from her nap. The problem is, she can't fall back to sleep again on her own.

If this is the case, work on getting your baby to soothe herself back to sleep, rather than depending on you to do this, so she can stay asleep and get the rest she needs. Also, make sure that your baby is resting in a cool, quiet, and comfortable place. If she's sleeping in a Moses basket in the living room rather than in her bedroom with the curtains drawn, for instance, it's more likely that her nap will be interrupted by family members going about their business. In general, babies nap best where they sleep at night. As your child grows, a shorter morning or afternoon nap may mean that she's ready to move from two naps a day to one. Most toddlers make the transition to one afternoon nap between 12 and 18 months, although some make the change when they're younger or older. Your child will probably be ready to give up naps altogether between the ages of two and a half and five years.

GIn,
nowaday i will jus leave my bb in his bed n train him to sleep on his own usu i will leave the room cos the moment he saw me he wan to play n keep smilin so after i put him in his bed i will stuff the pacifier in his mouth n walk away.. even he make noise i will ignore him unless he cries...

have not dropped here for a long time.

yah, me too, same as piggytoh. left her on the cot, kiss her and off i go to watch my tv show. haa...
ya no patting, or carry her. :p

reira,
seahorse mattress gd and durable. thumb up!

gin,
my bb usually can sleep by herself. i just stuff pacificer and sleep beside her cos i also wanna nap too haha.

strictly no pat pat. nite time, i let her sleep on my bed. she fell asleep and i 'transfer' her to her cot.

her cot is too small for her to turn. she tends to knock on both sides so she awake again. so this way she fall asleep faster.

kitty,
oh yes...i have ordered de hyland teething tablets for u...but i have accidentally deleted ur hp no.. so can't find u heee. u still onz? if u still have my no. sms me k. ;P

egg yolk
can 8MOS baby start egg yolk in their diet, how much can they take, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 eggyolk?

i did remember a mommmy started blending eggyolk into baby's meal.

sharon,
gathering after the kindermusik sound convenient. heeeheee. since we can't talk when in class. after class the babies can 'chat'.

kindermusik
are all daddies coming along? can switch between break. if not hands will break carry them singing & swinging.

El,
let me go back and check claira's health book. the nurse did wrote it down for me on when to give egg yolk. this is to test for allergy to egg yolk as one of the jab have egg content.

Peg

im gonna make the daddy go..my wrist cannot take carrying her for too long.. there was one day she wailed non-stop everytime i attempted to put her down.

Damage? : Shoulders felt like ZEK TIO (subsequently i couldnt wait to go bk to work)

little monster...

el-nino
that time the nurse told me to let bb try egg yolk at 1year then egg white 1 mth later to test allergy coz MMR have egg white content.. if got allergy then cannot take MMR.. mayb u can give egg yolk after 9th month coz normally is the egg white causing the allergy

MIL fed Ethan 1/4 egg yolk yesterday, so far did not observe any sign of allergy, i think she read from book can start 8months but i want to check to confirm

baby ja
That's good to hear. I just found out another time-shortening way to cook porridge
happy.gif
After soaking the rice overnite, break the rice by smashing it with a spoon.
happy.gif

gin
In the day time for naps, i have to carry & rock Ovann before he can fall asleep. But for nite, i will put him in his cot after changing him to pj, he'll play around, toss & turn, throw toys, whine abit b4 finally fall asleep.

Peg
oh! seahorse mattress is really good? which type did u get? i plan to ask them to recommend me medium firm type.

making baby sleep

sam has to be carried upright n rocked n hummed to sleep for his 2 day time naps which are ard 2h combined. nite time.. i think his papa leaves him to fallasleep in his cot. esp nowadays we bathe him at nite (gotta wait for his papa coz of my spoilt wrist), he falls asleep more easily

pegsfur

it takes me less than 1h to make almost canto-style nua nua porridge on the stove. just wash rice, soak 5min, then put on fire.

jul,

I really dunno where's the difference ... maybe it's the power of the fire, or maybe it's the type of rice, but i wonder how u all can cook canto-style of porridge under such a short time? If i dun soak the rice overnite, like baby ja, i have to cook it for 4 hrs before it turned nua.

Ooops .. Ovann just sat up on his own in his cot! He was doing a half sit, half crawl position previously. Yippy!
happy.gif
And oh, he just fell asleep playing by himself ... very rare leh
happy.gif

Back