(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

pegsfur,
baby bonus/cda account :
yup they need copy yr ic, bank book details, yr baby birth cert..
for me i submit in ICA cos i go do passport for my baby.. so i think if u post u need to duplicate for them

Hi ladies,
Calling all petpet or mamepoko drypers users : Pls advise : Is the adhesive tape for petpet or mamepoko the same as drypers type-as in it can stick to the skin?
My bb is reacting to huggies..now desperate and asking my sis to help me buy another brand...

shirley
Ok, will take note of doing these the next time if i can't settle him. Sometimes i'm just too emotional to think properly .. this feeling sucks cos i'm actually a very rational person. Btw, have u taken your sugar test? How's your GD? I have not checked mine since delivery, but i 'assume' i'm free .. hahaha ... maybe will get my optium test kit to prick & check later.

jac
My hubby won't be back at home till 8+ or 9 at nite, so i'm all by myself in the day too. I'm also considering ordering tinkat for my lunch after confinement. I remembered some ladies here were talking abt Neo garden. Maybe i'll check their webby later.

Oh .. ok, gotta make copies for them ah ... so troublesome de ... will get hubby to do it.

pegsfur,

I have to go to take the OGTT on 22nd Sep... worried that the result is not good
sad.gif

i did a few test by my test kit, the reading if around 5 to 6. But i worry it is not accurate bcoz i am taking less rice. So i decided to go back.

anyway, i also need to go back for my post natal check up too...

pegsfur,

one more tip, sometime, i carry my bb and she falling asleep i will put her on tummy to sleep, bcoz she can sleep longer :p but have to keep an eye on her lah....

pegfur/jac,
ya. just hope we can cope. pray hard bb cooperative.

sometimes my hb reach home very late as well or when he outstation. i know he is going outstation end of sep so i more worried handling the 2 kids at nite.

dunno how to cope betw handling the 2yos, a baby, a dog and pumping job plus cooking for myself and my gal. i tried tingkat food 2yrs ago (but not neo garden) so i a bit sick of tingkat food. they delivered my dinner at 4pm so this option is out for me.

i thinking of eating steam food more often with steam veggies or grill food that i just need to marinate before hand and get it cook with my steamer or oven or soup with rice & veggies.

havent try till CL leave. this is what i was thinking these few days to get me mentally prepare.

thanks shirley. haha sounds like babies all the same. i can tell my hubby then. he gets so worried when she threw up milk wanted to rush her to PD. I told him very common, some babies every day also throw up lor. its just the cleaning up that dun like cos i very anal about cleanliness.

wonder whether any mummies here are so anal about cleanliness that you get paranoid about whether baby's poo or vomit is cleaned up properly lah etc. my baby girl has quite bad rashes on her face so I was so hung up with my CL and mother about washing their hands upteemth times a day before they even think about going near baby. they got so fed up with me.. i keep thinking it could be them after cooking then never wash hands properly touch baby's face or clothes oily and kanna baby's face that cause her rashes..

peg, really i pei fu you..u gotta handle all that by yourself with no help? i have a maid to help with chores etc but already panicking when my CL leaves this friday! but me also thinking of the steam veggies and soups and oven cooked food option. another advantage is you can avoid an oily kitchen which i hate!

hi ladies,

Finally got run to posting. After my sore throat, the next morning I had nose bleed and by evening, cough. Sigh ... Really suay. Then baby also fell sick. She got blocked nose. End up, I feed her wearing a mask everyday. She must be wondering who is this green BIG mouth lady carrying her. keke!

Ordered my first month food earlier. So disappointed. It wasn't like my first ger's where I can have half a portion of the food for each dish. Quite disappointing.

Someone was asking me abt ordering cakes. I ordered my cakes from Bengawan solo. According to my colleagues, it's nice (feedback from my no 1). So this time ordered the same again. Haha ...

By the way, is it true that if we fall sick, our milk ss also go down? Ytd my ss super low. Almost back to before I started the pills. Today slightly better.

carefreelife

yep, Zac is 7 weeks 2 days when we brought him swimming on Sat. the youngest ever at the centre was 2 weeks old according to the management there.

Zac is premature by almost 6 weeks, so hope that swimming will help speed up his spatial development.

hi,i have the milk trays which i want to sell away.also i have open boxes of disposable breast pads and lots of medela nipple cream.also have a medela pis and mini electric.also have a goodbaby bouncer which kiddypalace is retailing for $99.umm,also have a hotslings size 3 (never used).shifting house so wanting to clear additional stuff.actually realised i have soo much stuff lying around the house that i hardly use.please pm me your best offer.thanks.

Finally jail term is over.

Brought baby for the Hep B jab today & he gained like 1kg in 2 weeks. Is it too much? Now he is weighting like 4.8kg. PD did not say anything about the weight thou.

Bfeeding is draining me of my sleep. Arrgghh.....

Finally maintanance done and can post!

joia, sharon
Maybe you can try what i did as a last resort to see if it works?

i didnt know what Zachary wanted for a week! when he cried in the afternoon i thought he wanted hug cos just nursed him an hr ago and it pissed me off cos i cant get any rest, when he nap i will have to go out to buy lunch or do housechores. he only nap 4 hrs from 10am to 12am during that week and always throw tantrum for his feed at around 8pm & 11pm. it will take a long time to make him sleep by hugging, walking around and singing nursery songs from 10am to 12am, often he will just open his eyes and start crying when i put him on the bed.

finally last thurs night, he was fussy when i nurse him at around 11pm so suddenly i got this ideal to nurse him laying down. to my surprise he suckle quietly the moment he found my nipple and didnt make noise at all. after that he immediately fell asleep and didnt wake up for next feed till 5 - 5.5hrs later.

on Fri, during day time i tried to nurse him laying down when he cry for hug or whatever and it worked! he will suckle for max 10mins and then will fall asleep. i continued to use this method for the rest of the day and he slept for whole day. but i cant move him (his head or body) or else he will wake up again. i manage to get a lots of rest time thanks to it (just did it again). i wonder when he started this must suckle to sleep habit!

mashy
hahaha a few days ago I saw Zachary grabbing and pulling his own hair too but he didnt cry cos i was there and told him not to do it.

joeey
Thats a lots of things to do! Zachary is 6 weeks old today and I've been taking care of him without CL for 3 weeks 3 days le. I am a lazy mommy and gets enough rest, my supply is still a lot. infact i think it is increasing. previously can pump 100ml each side, now if lucky can get 200ml each side. i am lazy so i dont pump unless my breasts feels like rock and i dont cook for myself (eat out). haha a bit worried that my BM is not good cos i always "da bao".

<font color="ff6000">washing</font>
do you use washing machine to wash clothes? after a week of washing baby's clothes by hand almost everyday, i buay tahan and use washing machine to wash his clothes. i do it once every few days, when i feel like it or till he left only 1 clean bodysuit to wear. i am living with PIL and their washing machine is full of cat furs. even tho i put Zachary's clothes in laundry bag, his clothes still kenna some cat furs but have to close 1 eye.

washing adult clothes as in only your hubby and yours right? i also have to wash my hubby's clothes, hang and fold. he was suppose to do it himself lor. but i am ok with it cos i rather he spend time bonding with Zachary instead of doing laundry. i only do this max twice a week. we put our clothes in laundry baskets.

i experienced his poo got on his cot mattress once when we were changing him and i had to wash it (using machine). so after that 1 time, i put a waterproof mattress on top of it incase he poo or pee when we change him. on top of the waterproof matt, i put a changing matt too when changing him. i am lazy to wash bedsheet and waterproof matt.

i dont let him use pillow. i put a cloth diaper below his head to absorb milk incase he throw up. haha i am a lazy mommy cos sometimes when he throw up, i will not change his clothes, just put a tissue paper there and let it absorb some moisture. then sometimes his vomit got on my mattress (he sleep with me on my bed), i also bo chap cos my mattress kenna a lots of leaked milk already.

if i have to wash all these everyday, i will go ki siao or die man! sometimes really have to close both eyes (especially my mattress cover) to keep my sanity.

<font color="ff6000">throwing garbage</font>
i do this once a day but most of the time, hubby will throw them when he go to work. i use small plastic bags for soiled diapers. will tie it up once it got 4 inside. then wont have smell since have to wait for whole day.

<font color="ff6000">mopping bedroom floor</font>
i do this once a day and use magic clean to mop. sometimes if lazy will only do this once every few days cos i on aircon about 22hrs everyday so it is not really dusty.

<font color="ff6000">changing diapers</font>
do you use water to wash her butt? do you do that in the toilet? i use wet wipes, then sometimes use mustela non rinse cleanser to clean his butt.

<font color="ff6000">your elder son</font>
who is taking care of him?

ktmum,
that's what i afraid of...to clean the kitchen.

my worries is evening time when my #1 is home. i have to handle these when hb outstation. i see i can handle or not. havent try CL havent leave. adjust accordingly and see how. i oso panic liao so can't peifu me. dinner thinking whether this works for me, if not gotta get SOS from my mom.

paiseh, still reading archives with Zachary sleeping near me on my brest friend pillow. kaoz, his snores is so loud! *faint* hopefully he will not wake up when i put him on the bed.

Regg
Just checked the Aug chart and saw that Regan's birth weight was 3.085kg! So he gained almost 1.9kg in a month! no wonder your PD said he gained too much weight!! Zachary only gained 1.31kg so it is ok.ing him cos i was hugging him cradle hold.

Peg
a week before your CL leaves, try to learn to see your baby's pattern. for 12 days after my CL left, it was okay for me to handle but after that his pattern changed so i struggled for 1 week before understanding his new pattern.

pegsfur
for babybonus, i went to ICA and brought my bank book along with me. if not i also donno where to get certified bank book copy haha

ktmum
welcome to the forum! want to provide me with some of ur info so that i can add u in our aug chart?

SMH nick:
ADD:
baby birth weight:
baby birth height:
delivery via:
baby #:
baby gender:
baby name:
gynae:
Hospital:

<font color="ff6000">Re: breastfeeding</font>
I fully latch too and got the same problem with you. day time my boy will want milk every 2-3 hrs and inbetween would want to suckle to zzz. sometimes if i am not lazy, i would pump the milk from other breast out. if not will just let it engorge and wait till next feed. but usually after last feed of the day i will pump out cos Zachary can sleep for 5 - 5.5hrs after that. if i didnt pump out after last feed, i will pump out after 1st feed of the day (in the middle of the night).

PJPJ
i am using pet pet. yes the adhesive tape can stick to skin when changing diaper unlike huggies. my boy hates huggies cos after pee, it will be very heavy and the weight is on his wee wee.

phy*o*
not true that if we are sick our SS will be low. i kenna fever 39.5 degree and then 2 weeks later sore throat. both time SS still the same. kept kenna engorgement.

tulips
whoa, 1kg in 2 weeks is a lot leh! usually 1st month will gain around 1kg only.

tinkat
any tinkat that provides lunch and dinner for 1 person only? checked neogarden and it provides dinner for 2 people.

pegsfur,
is so 'ma fan' de la.. if not govt where got so good give $$ to us.. hee
i was also thinking of Neo garden.. but they only cater min 2 pax leh.. so i was thinking i will get that and will split the portion to 2 and save it for dinner.. but hor sometime eating alone also sian.. even though u got nice food in front of u..

Peg:
oh my.. think u have much more things to do leh.. actually i was thinking of cooking for myself but i scared the wash up and carrying bb to market to buy vege.. 'mafan' le

reira,
ya lor. got to adapt the new routine and am observing CL how she manage my gal. new challenge after CL left. u steady!

Jac,
try to minimize to buy 1 week supply? but the washing part... i agreed very sianz, very mafan. hahaha

save for dinner even sianz isn't it? i can't eat the same food twice the same day. very boring leh. maybe this is a good way for me to slim down ;P

realised that alot of mummies facing the same problem... bb after feeding wans to cuddle and refuse to slp.. mine too. i've been trying to rock him to slp for more than 1 hr den the moment put him down he wakes up within mins... den rock again... thus sometimes i use pacifier to make him go to slp cos if let him latch he will vomit the milk.. its a torture for him and to c my milk jus puke out like that very wasteful esp when my supplie very limited...

my bb is 5 weeks 1 day old and is 5.3kg! He gained 2kg in a month.. PD say he is gaining quite alot....

Peg
the day my CL left. she left at around 11am and i was feeling fine then. at 2:30pm, suddenly feel sick, checked and got fever 38.5 degree! it lasted till monday and highest was 39.5 degree. damn suay! haha

these few days i've been noting down Zachary's schedule. after CL left, he dont follow my schedule liao. when CL was here, she will ask him to wait for me to wake up (cos sometimes i sleep like a pig and cant wake up) and he will guai guai listen. now for his midnight feed, he will scream cry to wake me up (he sleeps besides me). lol

Janice : Ya my bb also have the same problem 1-2time session of the day wont sleep and keep crying and sometime like still hungry but just feed him 100-120ml so I have to find way to make him quiet . Sometime so "pek chek " until I scold him and feel he like understand stop a few second but come back again in a louder cry hahaha.

Being a mummy not easy har . take care bb like very routine and tired sia . I only have my own time when he sleep and I have to rush for housework and sleep sometime I too lazy to cook so end up eat biscuit , noodles or ever Mac Delivery . WOrking in office better heehee but when I see my bb I very happy .

Yesterday I bring my bb to go shave "BOTAK" heehee look fresh and cleaner and more easy for me to wash

PJPJ,
mamypoko &amp; nepia adhesive tape won't stick to the skin. it's the soft kind. petpet is like scotch-tape kind will stick to the skin.

Mich,
check wif u, how is the tape like for fitti? can send me the form too? my email is [email protected]. thanks!
happy.gif
i'm thinking of trying it out. wats the feedback for fitti diapers? is it soft? currently i'm using nepia &amp; mamypoko. i prefer diapers wif the indicator. does fitti hv the indicator? today i went to ntuc to look for fitti premium but can't find. they onli hv the one wif no name &amp; fitti basic. thot of buying 1 pack to try out first.

zen
i am using fitti basic now. not bad but i dont have to habit to check if the diaper is soft or not. as long as can use and dont leak can already. so far got 1 piece was not made properly, it have an extra piece of material at the side.

morning mummies

mich
i have not recieved the form for fitti yet, could you please email to me [email protected]. also could you advise which fitti has the indicator?

it has been an exhausting 2 days - Zac has been cranky since sun 4am, refuse to be put down at all. ** running out of options**

Hi Mich,
Can I also have the form to order Fitti diapers?

By the way I saw the link on Dr Karp and it's amazing how it can calm the baby down so much! Amazing. Shall try that if baby fusses.

Any mummies tried it personally?

Interesting that the author said the fathers will do a better job at it, coz they can Shhh louder,swaddle tighter. Heh

Reira,
will try your method next time. Yet to try latching on baby lying down too.

Although baby was cranky in the afternoon, same story,refused to sleep despite being tired, wants people to carry,last night she behaved herself and slept most of the night except for feeding time at 9pm, 215am and then this morn at 715am. Now back to lala land again
happy.gif
Planning to bring her out for a walk when she wakes up later.

Yeah I'll be interested in join in the next outing too since I missed the one at Botanical Gardens the last round.

Hi Joia
my boy last nite also ok, at least i get to sleep, he woke up for milk at 1am, 4am feed was nite mare, till 5am then i get to sleep, he was cranky, and 6.30am.. i try to put pacifier at least can tahan till 7am..now he lala-land too!

Thanks pris, mashy, reira for your advice.

Yesterday i try to latch baby more often, pump only twice. There was less washing and sterilizing of bottles which was good.
Once or twice, she suck in alot of air and regurgitate milk after latch.

Washing of bb clothes, I use washing machine but handwash those clothes that are stained with poo or vomit.

My elder son got bb sitter to take care of him on weekdays. Hb will bring him there in the morning, FIL bring him home in the evening.
Hb and FIL takes care of him when he's back.

When bb poo, i'll wash her buttocks with tap water in the sink. I only do it in the day time, if she poos at night, i'll use wet wipes.

I think i should also start using small plastic bags to tie up soiled diapers.

Though i'm a 2nd time mum, i still feel quite useless sometimes.

pris, you can check out the new safra club at JW, they should have swimming classes for children.

morning everyone...

i'm so tired... been trying to latch my baby on but almost every feed i need to supplement... very discouraging.

i need to persevere!

bbmaking/zen, i emailed you.

Joia, pls PM me, I can't email you the form without your email id.

Those who want the form, pls PM me, as I may not read your message on the forum.

This fitti doesn't have indicator, and I'm not sure if any fitti has indicator?

About Dr Karp, I have tried the shhhhh sound and it works. But I carried baby in a different way, as in on my shoulder.

joeey,

i also taking care my gal alone she's 6wks now..i used to pump instead of latch but again time consuming esp i'm using single pump.

So i also practised to latch my gal, i also find she puke milk out immediately after she finished..bottlefeed wun hv tis prob. but i lying on the bed when i latch la..cos more comfy for me.

sunshineG u can do it! cos i had a hard time initially! I kept drinking papaya fish soups, milo, fenugreek.. but i lazy i dun like to pump onli pump once a day.. cos lazy to sterilize

sunshineG, if i latch my gal she likes nv full de woh..though when i pump can get like 90ml from both breast. then she will demand for milk again 1hr later..which i find more troublesome then pumping out. cos after i latched her she also tends to puke milk out..quite alot &amp; hvnt digest at all. so i also in dilemma shd latch her or pump out.
sad.gif

zen,
i also thinking buy 1 pack to try 1st. let me ask my hb to check out other supermarket. carefour too far for me at the moment.

exactly! when i latch her on, she puke milk out... why ah?

and i am lazy to wash up and sterilize too!

u all understand my woes so well!

donkeymani,
i have the same prob as u. i latch my gal and an hr later she awake and demand for milk again. if every hr i need to nurse her, i dun get to rest at all.

yesterday i latch her 20min each side and she fell asleep, a while later she woke up and ask for milk. CL gives her 50ml and she can sleep for 3hrs.

donkeymani, i really have the same problems as you... plus, my nipples are quite painful when i latch my gal...

even though my nipples don't come out distorted anymore, they still hurt so much... sigh...

Ya, &amp; she pukes alot suppose latch on shd b less wind than bottlefeed..or mayb our position is wrong? for me cos me &amp; bb lying down mah..mayb more diff to swallow..i burp her after finished but still pukes.

re: sling
can we sling newborn upright like in the video? but still need support their neck? cos their neck not strong enuff?

pris,
how do u do it?

reira
really envy your ss. After 4wks, my ss in the morning is 100ml nia, and that's when bb nvr latch. if latch really da da (dry out)...

2 more days and I'm free to go out of the house! Woo hoo!

Back