(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

sharon

oh yes! I wanted to murder my ILs. :p

Reira
Re: names
For some reason, now they want us to put in the hanyu pinyin name unlike the time when i reg my boy's birth cert. Stupid right? anyway, had to put it in brackets at the end of the name.

piggytoh
most of the time i cant feel Zachary's movement leh. must be because my tummy skin too thick liao! so when i can actually feel his movement, i find it fun and will play "catching" his knee then he will have reaction hahaha

yesterday i read ST's mind your body, they talk about baby have to move 10 times a day if not there might be a risk of still born (baby dead inside). wa lao so scary!! till now i still donno how to count! he got move can already.

mashy
wah, so in the end still need to put the pinyin in brackets! thats so stupid. i dont think american born chinese needs to put pinyin in brackets! a friend of mine is born in usa and his name is the first,middle,chinese surname type!

Reira,
maybe my boy move v rough so i find uncomfortable but i am glad he move tt way at least i know he is movin... i dun bother to count also cos he v freq but for me i dun find it fun la maybe i short so lesser space for him to practise karate keke..

piggy,

Same .. my boy oso moving quite actively .. mostly is when i'm hungry, during meal and after meal. I think he's a greedy boy
happy.gif
But i agree with u sometimes he move too roughly it's a bit uncomfortable .. like the tummy kena stretched to it's limit.

Pegsfur,
ya lor esp when he kick my rib or push against my bone... ouch~ my boy also after my meal he will be esp active wor keke...

Bean,
i tink NTUC Extras got sell lucky bb cot looks gd n cheap wor u can go n check out..

Sharon: i have those feelings sometimes.

50% of me wants baby to come out (so i can stop feeling achy)... but 50% knows i will miss this close bond with her, and i know i wilm miss all her movements!

most of my friends that i talk to, also say they miss feeling baby's movements. SOme even sub consciously still rub their tummy.. haha

reira: yeah i saw the newspaper article too.. i read the story about the mother losing her baby at week 36, i read till scared..

hey i saw today;s newspaper, if anyone still needs it... Tangs selling Avent IS24 at $169...

Bean,
ya u shd go n take a look den since so cheap
happy.gif

BabyS,
i got 1 friend her bb die 1 day be4 EDD so sad lor so i cant wait for my bb to come out at least i know he is safe
happy.gif

bean: wa, Giant having baby sales . Anythg worth buying? U just gave me an idea, maybe i can go IMM for dinner,and go Giant at the same time?

I duuno where to go.. too fat and too tired to squeeze with the crowds at town area.

bean
my playpen came with a mattress but i bought an extra one to prop the bassinet higher...
dun think the ikea one comes with the mattress

Piggy : sad case 1 day be4 edd , so is very important for me to monitor baby movement everyday , sometime I must make him kick me to feel him . Else he dun kick I must go eat ice cream and sure he will kick me

Pegsfur : kick ribs super pain me also often have that

mashy
aiya, i cant find the list of CL others recommend. but i book with mdm ida cos a lots of ppl said she is good. $50 per session. Do you want her #?

piggytoh
i am also short! shorter than you leh! 1.5m only.

my boy's feet is right at my ribcage but i never feel any movement there. all the while, he was stretching his knee/butt and poking me with his knee/butt. sometimes he moves his shoulder if i sit and my body move forward as if telling me he is uncomfortable when i do that. I notice he always move when i am suppose to use babyplus but forgot (happens everyday!).

o_o huh... your friend's baby died 1 day before EDD? whats the reason? luckily my gynae said the cord is around Zachary's leg and very hard for it to move to his head cos no space... else i will have one more thing to worry!

babyS
yeah the news article is scary! about how her baby's cord strangled him/her.

bean
haha so cute!! your boy loves ice cream! so far Zachary never move because of food.

Bean,
ya v sad imagine the day be4 she jus went for checkup n schedule to deliver the day after n the bb is dead becos of cord strangulations...

Lawshe : is it I cut out the sales pages from the GIANT sales leh , it write as below :-

Baby accessories : less 20% on selected brand : PUKU/Pigeon/Lucky baby/Tommee Tippee/TollyJoy /Combi .

have Cot at $139 free 4inch mattress and $99 playpen with 2inch mattress, Luckybaby stroller with toy Model : Rocky at $99

<font color="0000ff">mashy</font>. must put in hanyu pinyin for name in birth cert?? We did not put in hanyu pinyin for Ray at all, neither did we do it for Kai.

my girl let me know yesterday she was well and moving..

cos i was sitting very near my desk.. then suddenly she gave me a huge kick!! then hit the table!!!! i dunno if she felt any pain or not, but i def did cos its my flesh!! ahha

dollie
i did not know that u miss my earlier post..
i mentioned that i was back in SG... after bb full month n jabs, i will move overseas...
oh thanks for asking abt the house, yesh!! we have gotten the keys back from the agent finally.. he was sore that we did not let him rent the property thus dragged us for ages!
and we are gonna sell the landed house at sembawang park..
thanks for your concern on the above matters.. i did not realise tat you are so interested in my domestic affairs but since u ask, i thought i should update.
on this note, i hv decided not to mentioned more abt my domestic affairs anymore other than discussing and sharing abt knowledge on babies.

pris/mashy
for HANYU PINYIN, i was told it is optional..

piggy:
omg... tat is the worse case scenario...
reminds me of chow yun fatt's bb too.. think his bb died coz the umbilical cord went round his bb neck n it was too late to save the bb

piggy: oh ya hor, i recall u said u worked behind imm there..... so convenient for u to pop by IMM anytime. when ur DH coming back?

Hi Mummies,
im here to share my experience... finally! This is wat i can rem...

Sunday 12 midnight i went tm TMC and was given the pill to induce Sherry at abt 2am... (instruction from Dr Woo)...throughout the night, began to feel mild contractions...was put on a machine that will detect baby's heartbeat &amp; the level of pain contraction. I was also constantly being monitored for blood pressure (ard every 30min-1hr) as my blood pressure suddenly shot up over the last 2 wks, hence the induction.

No food or drinks throughout the night n the next following day!

Monday, 730am was getting ready to put on some drip to speed up the labor. Hurried to call my husband over. Pain became more intense (my pain threshold quite low)… requested for Epidural at 10am cos I dun wanna have so much pain… Had my Epidural done by Dr Sim (TMC doc) who is quite friendly and assuring. Initially heard fr a mummy tat epidural was veri painful (she did it at KKH)…but was quite okie… mayb cos of the doc, nurse Geetha (TMC) was also veri nice to let me hold on to her hand while I had my epidural done…Blood pressure shot up to 180!! (cos was so terrified of needles)…

Dr Woo arrived shortly after my epidural was done 10+am and burst my waterbag (totally not pain at all)…he estimated that I will only give birth at night cos was only 1cm dilated. So he left first. (Luckily husband was there to give me support) Who koes around 2pm, my cervix is already 7cm dilated! The nurses hurried to call Dr Woo over… heard from nurse that Dr Woo call every once in awhile to check my dilation status..

By 2+ my cervix is open 10cm…but baby not engaged yet…very far from my vagina… =( nurses &amp; Dr woo were encouraging me to take oxygen gas so as to give slow down baby’s heartbeat (which is 200+/min!)…Dr Woo checked at 2+ that baby not engaged, gave me another hour to breathe the oxygen 2 get baby to relax n hopefully engage…

3+ Baby still not in position…Dr Woo mentioned… “we’ll try natural if cannot we have to C-section…Baby’s heartbeat not so good” Upon hearing that I was very upset as I really wanted to deliver Sherry naturally but at the same time feel very frightened that Sherry’s life is in danger (didn’t koe wat it means by heartbeat no good) By then I was shivering non-stop..duno if its due to fear or a side effect of epidural.
2 nurses were around to assist in my delivery, one on each side…Epidural was stopped so that there is contraction and then I can start pushing… Tried pushing so many times with the 2 nurses pushing on my tummy…but got nowhere…Dr Woo used vacuum and also 2 metal things that looked like Thongs… but still unable to get Sherry out… He hurried the nurses to call another few doctors to assist in operation…at that point I felt really scared as I can feel Sherry’s head at vagina…but seems like its stuck…Dr Woo was saying that my cervix too narrow. Along the way to the room, the nurses panick n said somethg like “Dr Woo angry already…faster…” That made me even more worried…

Was being shifted to another room for Emergency C section. 2 doctors were then introduced to me…one is to assist in the operation(cant rem but I tink its Dr Tan), , another is a baby doctor (Dr Ang PL). Dr Tan told me very kindly “we are going to do a C section cos baby can’t come out…but as her head is stuck in ur cervix, we have to do it fast…so the medication the numb u may not take into effect by the time we operate…if its painful just tell us” At tat moment, I was half conscious and agreed to everythg he said…within 2minutes the whole theatre was flooded with people all around me. I can feel the knife going deep into my skin and the pulling n tugging…but I was almost unconscious by then….

Was half aslp when I heard Sherry’s first cry… I opened my eyes expecting the nurses to show her to me…but instead they brought her out to another room. Dr Tan &amp; Dr Ang came over to assure me baby is fine and that Dr Woo will be stitching me up. Throughout the whole waiting time of the stitching, I can’t help tearing…as I wonder what happened to Sherry and if her head was ok…

Was being sent to my ward where my husband was waiting there for me (BTW, husband not allow into Operating theatre). He said baby is ok except that head is slightly longish(cos trapped) and also face was abit red due to the vaccum n “thong”. He only took a picture of Sherry to show me… I was so happy to see her… she has quite a lot of hair n is kinda fair looking with big round eyes =)

Had to wait 2hrs before I can see Sherry… so gan jeong…

Ok my story is getting naggy… guess too many thoughts put into words.

Dr Woo is a man with few words, but he knows his stuff … I will definitely go for him again. =)

As for TMC, I was wandering around in the middle of the night due to sleeplessness and feel that there is a shortage of staff. There were so many babies in the nursery yet only a few to handle the babies…esp when it comes to breast feeding time, for amateurs mummies, once the nurse push the baby to u, its all urs…if u need assistance, they need quite some time to come back to you. For food,can chose from menu…but take note,only Chinese food has got tonic soup. Also did not cater special menu to me…I was nt suppose to take chicken…but they still serve it to me…

pris/tas

need to put either dialect or hanyu pinyin name. I suppose ray has a dialect name? That malay uncle at TMC insisted that we put in the hanyu pinyin name. So pissed.

piggy
That's so sad. That;s why i prefer bb to be out rather than in. Too many risks.

Reira
If u don't mind, can send me her contact? How long is the session?

someone purposely come in to upset me...
since i am preggi...shall not bother...

if anything happen to both me and bb...
see who is going to ride the guilt forever...

joann
thanks for sharing ur birth story.. scary experience.. but glad that sherry is out safe n sound now.. u r v brave too! think i will freakout if dr told me bb in distress or that dr is angry etc..

mashy
u mean u did not intend to put any dialect name? like the first, middle, last name format n they dun allow??
wat i know from ICA is they allow.. maybe the uncle dunno bah

<font color="0000ff">cloudme</font>, just ignore and dun get upset over it.

<font color="0000ff">mashy</font>, we just used first and last name. They did not insist we use dialect or hanyu pinyin.

<font color="0000ff">Tas</font>, so which country you migrating too?

pris/tas

Argh!!!! Pris, where did u register the name? We did it at the TMC counter and that malay guy insisted we put in the hanyu pinyin name.

Taslyn: i can't say im brave..but more of forced by circumstances. =) STill its an experience i will never forget. n i m really thankful that Sherry is safe. =)

joann: thank u for sharing ur story!! i was a bit scared when i read ur story... until i saw ur last line about dr woo... phew.. hee..

glad everything is ok!!!

Back