(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

bbethan,
Thank you for helping me to collect the cream
happy.gif

Peanut
Hope Regis get well soon
happy.gif

Mashy
So scary! thank you for remind us for saftly driving.

Etirto
2 more month to go. Must rest well and eat well too
happy.gif

Happy Birthday to babies who are born on this week!

Acacia
Jayvis
Tomi Mykel Chan
Alexis Ng
Gabriel
Rianne Lim
Julian
Elisa

Good morning, all, hope you are having a good day.

Lamagier, by the time I read the forum, the pigeon warehouse sale is over
sad.gif
Talking abt sales, for those who are keen, there is a Jim Thompson sale happening between 23 to 25 Jul from 10am to 8pm at Suntec Convention Hall Level 3, MR 325 and 326. I wish I could go but we are flying off to Taipei tomorrow...and the sale will be over by the time we are back. For those who like JT, don't miss it! I love their kids' tees...

Is anyone keen to order anything from asos? Super clearance now, we can share shipping.

A nice story to share: RED MARBLES

I was at the corner grocery store buying some early potatoes. I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean, hungrily appraising a basket of freshly picked green peas.

I paid for my potatoes but was also drawn to the display of fresh green peas. I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes.

Pondering the peas, I couldn't help overhearing the conversation between Mr. Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me.

'Hello Barry, how are you today?'

'H'lo, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank ya. Jus' admirin' them peas. They sure look good.'

'They are good, Barry. How's your Ma?'

'Fine. Gittin' stronger alla' time.'

'Good. Anything I can help you with?'

'No, Sir. Jus' admirin' them peas.'

'Would you like to take some home?' asked Mr. Miller.

'No, Sir. Got nuthin' to pay for 'em with.'

'Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?'

'All I got's my prize marble here.'

'Is that right? Let me see it,' said Miller.

'Here 'tis. She's a dandy.'

'I can see that. Hmmmmm, only thing is this one is blue and I sort of go for red. Do you have a red one like this at home?' the store owner asked.

'Not zackley but almost.'

'Tell you what. Take this sack of peas home with you and next trip this way let me look at that red marble,' Mr. Miller told the boy.

'Sure will. Thanks Mr. Miller.'

Mrs. Miller, who had been standing nearby, came over to help me. With a smile she said, 'There are two other boys like him in our community, all three are in very poor circumstances. Jim just loves to bargain with them for peas, apples, tomatoes, or whatever. When they come back with their red marbles, and they always do, he decides he doesn't like red after all and he sends them home with a bag of produce for a green marble or an orange one, when they come on their next trip to the store.'

I left the store smiling to myself, impressed with this man. A short time later I moved to Colorado , but I never forgot the story of this man, the boys, and their bartering for marbles.

Several years went by, each more rapid than the previous one. Just recently I had occasion to visit some old friends in that Idaho community and while I was there learned that Mr. Miller had died.

They were having his visitation that evening and knowing my friends wanted to go, I agreed to accompany them. Upon arrival at the mortuary we fell into line to meet the relatives of the deceased and to offer whatever words of comfort we could.

Ahead of us in line were three young men. One was in an army uniform and the other two wore nice haircuts, dark suits and white shirts... all very professional looking. They approached Mrs. Miller, standing composed and smiling by her husband's casket. Each of the young men hugged her, kissed her on the cheek, spoke briefly with her, and moved on to the casket.

Her misty light blue eyes followed them as, one by one, each young man stopped briefly and placed his own warm hand over the cold pale hand in the casket. Each left the mortuary awkwardly, wiping his eyes.

Our turn came to meet Mrs. Miller. I told her who I was and reminded her of the story from those many years ago and what she had told me about her husband's bartering for marbles. With her eyes glistening, she took my hand and led me to the casket.

'Those three young men who just left were the boys I told you about. They just told me how they appreciated the things Jim 'traded' them. Now, at last, when Jim could not change his mind about colour or size, they came to pay their debt.'

'We've never had a great deal of the wealth of this world,' she confided, 'but right now, Jim would consider himself the richest man in Idaho.'

With loving gentleness she lifted the lifeless fingers of her deceased husband. Resting underneath were three exquisitely shined red marbles.

The Moral: We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind deeds... Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath.

Today I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ~ A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself...An unexpected phone call from an old friend...Green stoplights on your way to work....The fastest line at the grocery store...A good sing-along song on the radio...Your keys found right where you left them.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED.

Lamagier, what is the website that can tell the weather/road condition in singapore live? the other time you give us the link...

Mamy poko pull up value pack on sale. $10 something per pack or so in NTUC and Giant

Etrito,
Your efering to this?
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/traffic_cameras0.html

Real Time EMAS Camera Images
EMAS is an intelligent incident management system that monitors and manages traffic along expressways, including the CTE tunnels. It deters congestion and implements appropriate action plans. EMAS provides motorists with updated traffic information on incidents so as to mitigate its effects. By providing real-time traffic alerts, EMAS allows early detection and quick clearance of accidents and breakdown vehicles. The overall result is a safer and more pleasant journey for motorists.

thanks lamagier...
looks like today I will be stucked at home again. which sometime means...shopping online...kekeke

hihi...

Are you all still BFing?? I am but only for the night time...morning he's on powder...

Any mummies tried doing rebonding and still feed their babies?? Cos very tempted to do leh..my hair like bushes...zzz but still i try to hold back cos i scare the chemical thing will affect my little one...haiz...

mommyybaby
i did rebonding when bb was 6 mth old. i was still on total bf then. no side effect cos the amt of chemical going into our blood stream is v v little.. then to the milk..even lesser
of cos i understand ur worries =)

re: Books
The bp seller mama21 having 20% off her books cos she's trying to get rid of her stocks, but most of the popular items OOS. No new titles. But don't try ordering through mail or her BP thread, somehow her orders always gets mixed up. If interested, it's still best to make a trip to her place, select and pay on the spot. (Me and the other mothers had a frustrating time ordering from her the last time, but her books are really cheap....)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4226602.html?1279860042

Hi gals

dun forget the 50% discount at kidzloft during the birthday monthI just went there today to utilize my 50% birthday discount.Got lots more plastic bibs, socks and my surprise find, hair clips! They were selling set of 6 fully lined rosettes and set of 4 fully lined big ribbons clippies at only $7.90 each
set. I bought the 2 sets at 50% discount so that works out to
be only 79cents a pc. They are pretty and comfy since they are fully lined unlike most that are sold outside.    

Good Tuesday morning and hi to all (incl those that joined this thread) after I went missing for a long stretch of time.

FOZ, great sharing story and I copied and posted again. Wonderful message here.
Mashy, thanks for the good news of kidsloft.. Looks like if I cant find time to sneak out, I have to give it a miss..

Hi All

Long time since last check in on the thread. Hope everyone is well and im sure all was busy with bday plannings.

Anyone's baby got oral thrush at some stage? Gareth is having them n im getting abit worried as even with the medication frm PD he dun seems to be getting much better.

TIA

Yan: Ally had oral thrush as a baby, think we just bought one of those gels that you can get at the pharmacy and it went away after awhile. What did your PD give Gareth? I can't remember the name of the gel we used, think it might have been Daktarin. Remember to wash all his bottles and toys in boiling water and if he eats yoghurt, that might help as well. Hope that helps!

Yan, K had oral thrush before our Xmas trip (med box dated Dec9 '09). PD gave an oral gel called Daktarin that helped cleared up in less than 2 days.. Hope this helps.

BBEthan, I rarely check the thread these days, K is 4 handsful (my 2 and Lina's 2).. He is teething the canines and the 2 first molars is also showing signs (bulging gum but pearlies not visible yet). He's been drooling more but still good appetite.

Bbethan,
Yah, things been pretty quiet lately.. Me been busy with work. And now sick =( some bug going around the office again. SIgh

KK
Wow... that's fast. A still stuck with 6 teeth.
I wish i have 2 more hands too. been tired recently. so many things to handle all myself. tired...tired...tired.

Lamagier
oh... take care.
#1 also vomitted out of sudden 2 days ago after dinner. luckily it's just vomit n was more or less ok yesterday. but the amt of stuff to clear for him recently is so shitty. Cleared his vomit the night before. Last night had to clean his poo poo. This morning chu pattern again n pooed in his pants again.... late for work today. And when i raised my voice to shout at A not to touch the poo. she thought i scolded her and sat there to cry. Chaotic!!

Kim n jillian

Ya i got the Daktarin from pd as well. The lips area was already cleared after like 2 days but coz i cant see the interior of the mouth abit worried that there are some residues still there.

im still sterilising all the bottles n teats thats y find it abit weird he got this oral thrush as i knw some babies tends to get it wen we stop sterilising our bottles.

any idea how to prevent it? And coz he bites now so its an agony applying the gel for him now. my fingers are full of his bite marks now!

bbethan

check for whitish spots arnd the mouth area and if you wipe it n dont go off then could be oral thrush. It can be anywhere in the mouth or on the insides of the lips. Gareth started getting worse with red patches n if you rub it too hard it can b painful n sore for the child. Can also bleed.

RE: Milk Thrush
K's happened on the tongue only. At that time, I was still sterilizing his bottles and paci etc.. I think it was not very serious then, I remembered it was about 2days when I kept seeing the "white milk residue" on the tongue even after helping him brush his teeth before I brought him to the PD.

BBEthan, I really admire you who do not have a helper, 2 kids and working!!
Well at some point in the day, esp when I put K to bed, I asked myself, what am I doing staying at home.. I think my self worth is getting lower and lower by the day.. Sigh..

Yan
thks for the info. Hopes Gareth's thrush clear soon.

KK
I'm really tired...especially my hb not home most of the time. N getting more and more impatient with them. They get scolded from me almost every day esp #1. Just a while ago, both cried to sleep lor.... haiz... At the end of the day or when back in office, i think back and really feel bad about it.

There doesn't seem to be a perfect solution. Either way, u gain something and u lose something.

In fact, i'm thinking of getting a weekend helper soon. My house is turning into a cobweb.

KK
Similar feelings - started looking through recruits and applying for a couple of jobs. Also been trying to source for something small to do on my own, prob market through smh bp platform. Been also talking to people to see how we can partner up to do something. Not been working since april but it def feels much longer! However, if I do make the decision to go back to FT work, it won't be ideal for it falls on my hubby to send them to their classes and jabs and what nots.

Bbethan, I can't imagine how you cope. Actually, our common friend is in a similar situation as you, FTWM with 2 kids (1 5yo and the other is 3yo), no helper. We just went to Taipei together and while shopping, she was telling me it's really hard, she lost weight and so she cannot wait to get a live-in helper to come in soon.

My 2nd helper is going back for good on 1 Sept, I am thinking of giving her an angbao of 2 mths salary - a month for each year she has been with us - sounds okay?

FOZ
i want one! but hb doesnt like the idea.
n i also realise it's really difficult getting a good and reliable one nowadays. so i pretty envy u n KK for having such good helper.
And yes... it's the fastest way to lose weight...LOL

haiz. rain again today...
was thinking to go orchard for metro 20% storewide but scared flood again. may be wait a bit later...

Lots US Online websites are having serious sale going on. it keeps getting better and better. jialat. I think I have to cut down my internet line. Otherwise will go bankrupt liao.

Foz, you're going back to work? then how about your ex-FT work?
Btw, the angbao sounds very okay to me.hehehe...

Bbethan, you can start with the partime helper first? at least to do the housework.
I still can't imagine myself with 3 kids, although with helper. Actually the most difficult one is the eldest. so demanding and he's been so long being a single kid in the house. Every afternoon we'll fight!

Mummies, do u remember how heavy was your baby inside womb when about 7mth old? I'm kind of 'sad' when I found out there is no weight gain at all on me since my last check up last mth. Hmm...Thought I've been eating and eating already. the baby weighs 1.5kg and said it's a bit lower then standard. when I asked the gynae, he said "A BIT only la, don't worry". so i went down to lucky plaza to gulp down 1 ayam penyet plus avocado juice. Hope it can help to increase the weight...hehehe...

hi ETirto,
guess shdnt be worry as you gynae already told you not to be worried.. i remembered is after week 30 then weight will tend to gain tremendously. =)

etirto
agree... it's the elder one who's giving me headache. i wonder if A will grow up to be like that in a couple of months. cannot imagine 2 behaving in the same manner. i'll die har.

when i had A, her weight was also a bit on the low side during the 2nd tri towards early 3rd tri. Gynae also said it's fine. Took more milk, more carbo, durian n tonics. Towards the end, she was gaining almost 0.5kg almost every 2 wks.

ETirto,
Is the gynae still measuring the size? I remember it was pretty hard to gauge the weight accurately in the 3rd trimester, and I gained body weight very fast that I was expected to slow down cos it will make the weight loss after childbirth much harder. If health vital signs are good, don't have to worry since both Nigel and Naomi both thrive so well.

btw, isetan scott/katong having a bbfair, the usual infant brands having 20% off.
$30 spent has a goodie bag for 1st 100 per store. I bought some fever strips under the goon brand that was like 12pcs for $8. Haven't opened it yet, hoping it's not as large a piece as the kodomo ones cos they catch J's hair and she hates them. The goodie bag has avent body wash, baby wipes (various lucky baby, nuk, combi), a plastic bib, sample size pigeon breast pad, 1 pc sample goon diaper.

<font color="0000ff">Collect Sgp Coins Minted in 2009:</font> Hey mommies - I'm Apr 09 mom. Dunno if u noticed bt Sgp Mint has released for circulation e 10, 20, 50-cent &amp; $1 coins minted in 2009. I've collected 2 add 2 my boy's memory box. I also collected for my gal those minted in her yr of birth (2007) -- tho in dat yr I tink dint hv 50-cent coins. Anyway, thot I share &amp; c if any other mom wanna collect 4 ur own bb. Bt I'm nt sure if ovr e yrs e shininess wl tarnish... My B1's 2007 set stl ok so far
happy.gif

BBEthan, I think Etirto's suggestion is good, take a p/t helper for now, at least not so tiring for you. I am not sure how much help you need and how much are you getting from HB. I think to be fair, you need to be very serious when talking to your hb about this. Why stress yourself physically when you should be resting? C'mon, do we really think taking kids out to the park is resting for the moms? Or a vacation is really a vacation for us? Who are the one to pack and unpack the bags?

FOZ, I did a very serious discussion with hb about going back to work, he asked if I want to settle for something that requires less or no traveling... My previous trips to US made me feel the need to have my ME time overseas!
I think he felt sorry for me.. hinted that he could arrange for a trip to Israel with 60% paid by the Israeli Embassy... Tempted, tempted, tempted..

KK, my wish is to go overseas with girlfriend (only) for shopping. be it to Tokyo, HK. dunno when it can come true...

Yesterday despite the rain, managed to drive to Orchard. Park at ION (because it's on high ground, so not to worry about carpark flooding...hehehe) and went to Metro. Bought 3 pairs of sandal with blings for Naomi with 70% discount from Monsoon Accessories. 1 pair is about $7-15 only liao. bought all different size, that can last her till she's 4 yrs old! I must b crazy.

ETirto, if I rtn to work and travel to Tokyo and HK, u can come stay in with me in my room and we can go out together... tempted tempted..

Bbethan
Agreed with etirto you should consider pt help for now. Not so invasive and not too expensive. I will def get one if my helper goes...used to have one when I was not yet married and living with my folks. Is #1 acting up because of #2? Don't scold poor ethan so much lah...

Etirto
What do you fight with Nigel every afternoon?!
My ex-FT work - not that keen to return. Anyway no one asked me to attend any interviews yet so let's see...ayam penyet plus avocado juice sounds really yummy, you are making me drool!

KK
I also want to go HK and Tokyo shop with you and Etirto! Actually I just redeemed a return tix to BKK this afternoon coz some miles are expiring though I have plans to head there. Anyone up for a girlie short hol? :p

Sam
Thanks for heads-up, goody bag is not bad, may go check it out soon...If one has a thermometer, we have no need for a fever strip, yes??

Mums,
I've noticed a sudden change in my son's behaviour since turning one. A bit clingier (but depends on mood), and quite bad tempered and assertive (nicer word than 'defiant'). I thought tantrums only start around 2? A very big difference in behavious, everyone has commented he has changed almost overnight. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Yeah, 90% chance of having bad maid is the reason I didn't change my maid. I'm worried to get even the worse one.

TJE
bring Ju En to a more physical activity like fidget, swim, etc...so can 'release' her energy. Naomi is like that too, but I bring her out more often and she's not that monster anymore in the house. Although I'm very tired also la. Studies show that kids who spent 2hours outdoor will have less chance to develop hyperactivity and myopia. But anyway, I didn't see Ju En as monster as what you describe yesterday la. Wait till you get baby boy. hehehe...Hopefully my lil one will come out quai quai
I'm so frustated with the elder one now. he got so much energy but I'm too tired to move. in the afternoon, he will wake his little sister from her afternoon nap purposely and demanding us to play/entertain him continously. he get more whiny and cranky nowadays as he skip his afternoon nap already. Mon-Wed is fine because he got his regular afternoon activity, but Thur and Fri is very chaotic in the house. If I bring him out on those 2 days, meaning I got to leave the younger one neglected, which I feel more guilty about it. Haiz

Btw, I looked like hippo already in yesterday photo. if eat durian and annum twice a day I will look like a Manatee.

Sunnyduck,
Maybe just a passing phase? Babies are supposed to go through another round of growth spurt at around I year old right? Clingy, cranky &amp; crying supposed to be part of that package =p
Mine was suddenly very cranky last weekend. not sure if it's due to her chicken pox jab or entering another phase.

But I guess they might be testing where the discipline boundaries are, like what chiyojade said before. Just got to be consistent and firm with them to reinforce to them what's right and what's not...

Etirto
You don't look like an elephant - you glow, very pretty preggy!

Sunnyduck
Most likely a passing phase, mine seem to be also more aggressive and def more clingy. Don't worry so much...

TJE
Understand your concerns about a live-in helper. Juen is assertive, and knows what she wants, just like mommy! I know it is tiring but it is really good she knows her own mind and can stand up for what she wants. People want to raise assertive kids - Assertiveness helps your child resist peer pressure. It lets her clearly communicate her wants and beliefs to others. It keeps her from being bullied or used. My 2 cents...

TJE, ok, take you along to Paris.. I missed her lots!
Actually I think JE has too much "爱".. So stop letting her sit in front of tv at 7pm, go playground. To be honest, I have not actually see her doing what she did to the other kids since she seems "tame" every time she's with K..

RE: Change in behavior
God bless you Sunnyduck, only experiencing now.
K already started this before turning one.. He was so clingy since 7.5mths, and his defiance was since he could walk, about 1.5mths ago. He really thinks he is a BIG boy and even refused to hold my hand when walking! Yet, at home, he has to have me carrying him or sit and play with him. It's frustrating cos this is especially whn I have things to do.. Arrrrgh!!

RE: Growth spurt
Apparently, they will continue to have growth spurt until 2 years old. I just read some short article in previous mothehood mag that after this 2 years, its all constant growth until puberty. So do make sure your little ones get enough nutrients and well beings. I was surprise to even see that a loving home plays a part in their growth. (this is besides genes that determine their growth)

TJE
ur ma is funny! lol
but i tink JE is ok la..its jus her character
liek the rest say
play ground time!! instead of in front of tv!!!
otherwise i tink she is ok.. she jus wan to get down to play instead of being carried! edna is like tat too!!!!

FOZ, not elephant...but hippo. ok, hippo's skin is more glowing because it always put daily mud mask. hehehe.

Kim, my Naomi is getting more clingy to my hb now as I cannot carry her too much. whenever she sees him, she will open her arm wide and ask him to carry him. when he put her down, she will give a dramatic cry without tears. she does it every morning and evening after my hb return from work. But anyway he enjoyed it so much that his daughter so manja with him. hehehe...

I tail bone is so painfull now, I guess from yesterday activiy. dunno how I can survive to send Nigel to Berries later.

Thanks ladies, for letting me know I'm not the only one experiencing this change in behaviour. I keep telling myself it's a passing phase. So exhausting now to just manage him - a really big difference from 2 wks ago.

Have your babies' appetites changed as well? Mine suddenly not interested in any of his meals except breakfast (and only because that features his favourites - oatmeal and/or yogurt). He is refusing his porridge, prefers to eat adult food instead. Am also pretty worried about his intake - eat too little also stress, eat too much adult food also not so good for him...

Just grumbling... not my day...
Forgot to bring bottles &amp; pump parts to work, feeling like I'm about to fall apart after abuse from MR the whole weekend... now applying lotsa medicated balm to make my mind stay alert... sigh... lotsa laundry waiting for me at home.... whoever dare say being a FTWM is easy must be crazy.....

Back