(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Kim,
Thanks for the tips
happy.gif
I know roughly what's the setup, just delaying it as long as I can, cos baby's look change pretty quick over the span of a year. But since my pp is up for renewal this year, I figured I may as well do hers and be able to take her out for a holiday this year too.

Asking about Porridge...
I'm a little behind on the porridge...just did the stock yesterday. I haven't worked out how much to prepare, seems like I got enough for an adult's meal, and just way too much for a baby... Can't imagine having to eat porridge for every meal myself. Any idea how much rice do you prepare to how much water? Plus puree, seems like a lot to eat.

Unbelievable! Last evening at 7pm in town (near National Libary), my cousin was crossing the road (green man) when a Citycab driver knocked into her. Though the car was travelling slowly, the impact was large enough to cause her to fell onto the car's bonnet. Plenty of people around but no one came forward to help. My poor cousin (17 yrs old) was so stunned she went to the library and then started crying. The sweet cleaning auntie brought her to the toilet and asked her to sit on the toilet bowl (with the cover down) assuring her that she cleaned it well and asked why she was crying and if she needed water, etc. This morning, she had back and hip pain and some bruises on her legs. Her dad took her to the doctor and the doctor asked her many questions in a fierce manner - why didn't you go see the doctor yesterday? why come now? why this? why that? Until my cousin cried again! They took some x rays and she seem fine now but gotta go back for follow-up. Too bad she did not note down the car plate number, she was too taken aback. Not sure if appealing for eye witnesses is gonna help since those people just stared. Ugh, freaking ugly singaporeans!

Minced pork
Got it from OTC at NTUC, culina brand, supposedly lean meat. Usually I get 100 grams, but I am not sure how many portions that would be...

Pinky
Happy puffs easily avail at most major supermarkets.

jes
Please call me on 98486160 if u wan to tag on my order as its coming this fri to my office.. call me asap if u can.. thanks ya

FOZ,
The cab driver didn't get down to help?

I can understand about the too stunned to react part. i got knocked down while crossing at Arcadia Road. Too stunned to even check for injuries. By the time recovered, then erroneous driver already got back in car and drove off liao

Most people see that if you can get up, speak and no bleeding, they won't bother to come up and offer any help.

sam
i use the similac scoop as a guide to how much to prepare. think for their age, 1 scoop of rice grains is more than enuf for a meal. prob u can adj accordingly from there. i use 2 scoops of white rice grains n 1 scoop of brown rice and it's suff to feed 1 toddler for his dinner n amanda for her lunch.

foz
oh dear... the taxi driver is so irresponsible to just go off. hope yr cousin is fine.

Kim,

Yes I'm concern on the nutrients of frozen stuffs.. so i try to give fresh as much..

I can make Puree carrots, leafy veg and potato fresh every day.. cos they can pass thru seive and the daily portion is very little , which blender can't work well with small portion.

but for daily portion of mince meat, it'll gonna be very little.. then have to do in batch that I assume it will last at least 4 meals.. so that will be 4 days? 4 days too long to keep..

I now recalled my #1 did not take puree meat, she only meat stock and fish puree cos i just buy fish slice and cook porridge.. #1 did not take pork or chicken meat ghees.. :p

jillian..i buzz u laterk..jus gt back!

lamagier..yes bintan lagoon resort...go get e vila! ask ur bro book for u!!*wink*

foz
WHAT! why e driver so bad! arghh..hope gt witness take dn enumber plate... ur cousin must hv had a bad scare!! hugz to her

foz - your poor cousin ! totally unbelievable #@#@$# so means what, if touch wood, we get knock down, we stay down and wait for ppl to help us ? wau biang eh.

Evie, thanks for the dates on taka baby fair. Ya, I remembered last year around this time was when I first bought baby stuff for this little one while he was in my tummy. Gosh, time flies.

Yan,
Thank u so much for including me in the stocks!... see u on fri..=)

Sam,
normally, i cook abt less than half a cup of rice for Jav.. it can allow him to tk 2 meals w slightly lil bit left.. dono if its accurate for u cos Jav eats alot.. he eats abt 3/4 - 1 bowl of my metal bowl..which is abt 1.5 - 2 of his bowl..hehe..

FOZ,
oh no.. was police involved?.. mayb can check it out since she noes which company the stupid cab driver comes frm.. i agree w u.. singaporeans ARE ugly... hope yr cousin is fine..will pray for her..=)

Foz, your cousin must be recovering from the shock that's why she didn't think of seeing doc right away. The doc not very professional loh, sounds like interrogating her.

Hi mummies.

I have been busy, tired and sad cos I have been dealing with clogged ducts since Sunday. So scared that it will turn into mastitis. It's clearing up slowly bit by bit with T's suction, painful massage, pumping, lecithin, a bit of cabbage, a visit to the lact consultant.
Not to mention I have been experiencing nipple pain on that side for 3 weeks in a row!!! From a couple of nipple blisters, sore nipples, inflammed pimple like thing on areola. One after another
sad.gif

I can't wait for all this discomfort to end!!
Feel so tired and sad and also frightened everytime T tries to latch on with his mouth big big cos I anticipate the pain!!!

Also packing stuff to go on our first trip with T, to HK - leaving this weekend. But strangely too tired to be excited.
Agree with TJE on how one tends to spend quite a bit buying things for the trip - but mine is baby stuff!!
Bot sterilizer, more warm clothes, inflatable bathtub, harness vest for plane......heehee....literally bringing everything but the kitchen sink.

By the way, any idea where I can buy a shoulder strap for stroller (combi)?

Also T has started to crawl forwards - after lunging & leaping for things he wants ie remote controls (fan, hifi, scv, universal) and handphones!! Totally guy things lol.
And he seems to move very fast!
When he grasps it, he laughs & plays with it for a while in his hands before proceeding to put it in his mouth!!!

His upper left incisor is also starting to peek out from his gums - ayyaya...hope he does not bite my already sore nipple!!!

MuffinGirl,

Sorry to hear abt your blocked ducts...I experienced that before twice so I can understand how you feel...when I got it the last time I told my husband the pain when the LC is massaging to unclog is worse than labour pain!!! Hope you recover fast enuff to enjoy your trip.

Why do you need to bring your sterilizer? It's very bulky right? I usually bring the sterilizing pills when I travel with my babies so as not to lug so many things. It's more convenient and very easy to use. You might want to consider that. Me also not looking forward to my packing for my whole family (2 adults + 1 toddler + 1 baby) think I have to bring at least 3 big luggages!

Not too sure abt where you can buy the strap. Maybe you can call baby kingdom to check since they sell so many types of strollers?

muffingirl - aiyo, poor thing, sounds so pain. i have lump on my left side, blocked duct. almost a wk already, still there but not so pain anymore. u intend to stop bf soon ? i'm down to 4 times pumping a day. want to slowly cut down next month. have a good trip. buy lots of bb stuff when u're there

Muffingirl: I totally understand how you feel. Been suffering from blocked ducts as well. Just manage to clear it and now kena again. I usually stand in a hot shower and massage like crazy. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your trip to HK

Hi guys, the cab driver did not get down from the car. He just drove off. Cab company is Citycab. Cousin is def in shock, sigh...poor girl. Lamagier, sorry to hear you kena knocked down too, you were alone? All okay now?

Muffingirl, I have a combi lightweight stroller that comes with a shoulder strap. If you wish to borrow, come get it anytime you want. A little old but def in good working condition. Aiyoh, your breastfeeding experience sounds extremely painful, I salute your determination to continue nursing. My first thought whenever I run into pain is to stop nursing...I am down to pumping only 2X a day, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed. Poohbear is right, no need sterilizer mah, use the tablets or the medela microwavable bag, just add a little water after washing and stuck in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Easy-peasy.

Jes, can share how big is Jav's bowl? 1.5-2bowls is equivalent to about 10oz each feed?

hmm, is it my expectation too low or wat... When I compare the amount of milk with semi-solid food Regis could take, I was actually quite satisfied. He could finish >5oz of porridge but could not drink 4oz(sometimes <3oz) of milk. I duno why. PD mentioned that as long as he enjoys his food, I can go ahead with more solid than milk.

Thanks for the kind words.

I don't intend to stop bf yet. My aim is to hit 12months first then think about how much I miss my expressos, cocktails , beer, wine, etc and decide whether to stop.
I have seen lact consultant 3 times now since discharge after delivery. The first time hubby was there, and saw me crying with tears landing on the newborn who was latched on, so he knows how painful it is.

But I told the lact consultant - I don't want to see them another time. If so jialat again - I quit!!!!! :p

muffingirl
endure!!!! hehe.. u can do it. many tiems i tot of stopping bf.. cos nippel a bit pain when pumping.. but im trying my bes ot endure too =p

Yippee, just found out from my ex colleagues:
Though my cousin does not have the car plate no of the driver who knocked you down, we can still lodge complain by providing the location (road name) and time. The GPS system can trace the cab.

Muffingirl, you are very brave
happy.gif

FOZ, I just read about your cousin! How HORRIBLE!!!! Oh dear! I really hope she is OK. I think you should still write to the cab company and tell them what happened. They may not be able to trace the driver, but you never know and in any case, I think you should write in to let them know what happened.

lamagier, I can't believe you kena knocked down as well!

And no help! What is this world coming to!?!?!

MuffinGirl,
Oh dear. Good luck. I had that once, called in the lactation consultant and thankfully it went away. Gd Luck. I also got a milk blister/bleb once and also saw lactation consultant. Thankfully it was a mild one.

Peanut,
u see my fb, the purple bowl..
its divided into 2 sides..Jav normally tk 2 times of 2 full sides..sometimes jus 2 full sides n another half a side..

Muffingirl,
jia you!

FOZ,
great to hear that.. hope he gets caught soon.

I bot the avent microwave sterilizer cos there is a microwave oven in the kitchenette in the hotel room.
Also I will be on course for 2 days while hubby looks after T.
Feeding T frozen ebm - so need warmer, feeding bottles x 3
Pumping before going to course plus pumping twice at the course - need 3sets of pump accessories plus 6 bottles.
Lotsa things to sterilize - so it's either the big sterilizer or the microwave sterilizer lol.

muffin girl
ehh the frozen ebm cannot use kettle boil water and use a bup or sth to soak the pack of ebm? then u can skip 1 item!
tat tiem i go KL also everythg is edna's!!! i can understand manz.. bintan was lesser(no steriliser but edna kenna LS) wth!!!!

Hubby looking after T alone - better use the easiest methods lol like using the warmer.

FOZ - thanks for your kind offer on the stroller. Will discuss with hubby. If I need, I will call you.

Muffingal,
Mummy is the best =) I came across a lady who said she gave up bf after 2 episode with mastitis. Too miserable to continue. Very pei fu your determination.

FOZ, chiyojade
The accident was 10 years ago liao. Was with a friend and he was too stunned to do anything also, didn't even jot down the car no plate. He said too shocked after seeing me got thrown to one side. Luckily just very bad bruising around my hip bone area and abrasion on arms.
I believe most people in accidents will be too shocked and full of adrenaline to behave logically, like jot down car plate no &amp; driver details or to check themselves for injuries...

Jes,
Can bring along plush toys, cute baby toys if you have? Ball pit? I've have idea of putting baby in a basket and surrounding them with plush toy =)
Bring bath toys too... Thinking put baby in tube with bath toys strewn around

ANyone know where to find those cute flower pots big enuff to accomodate a baby? Lots photographers do that, was thinking of recreating it

Muffingal, i cn understand your pain....encountered blocked ducts &amp; milk blister a couple of times recently. I cn see veins &amp; lumps on the affected breasts due to blockage - v scary looking. The last time i got it was just b4 cny. My gal got so frustrated latching on becoz milk flow was slow (i think) but i insisted that she only latch fr affected side so finally after a few feeds, its happy mummy &amp; baby. The milk blister took more than a week to clear though...Hope yours clears soon.

Muffingal, *hugs* I really peifu your determination of keep on bf! This second time I really gave up bf and couldn't endure more than the first one. Can feel that I'm aging...sigh...

TJE, you drank too much DOm is it? the barney sling where got sexy. my red bb bjorn is the SEXY one!

Linsu, yes, can give beef. People in indon is more of beef eater. my mil squeeze with hand the raw fresh beef and take the 'juice' to make porridge. sounds yucky huh...she even recomended me to use beef liver. I bravely taste it myself. It's surprisingly very yummy. and yes, very nutritious. Here, cannot find beef liver. if buying beef from wet market, it's bloody expensive le. those sold in supermarket doesn't seem fresh enough...so I haven't try beef yet so far...OH ya, you may want to bring Stacia to the PD who specialized in allergy. I know in mT.E has one lady doctor who is very good in that. I will as around as I forget what's her name already.
naomi loves chicken! yesterday I blend chicken, egg yolk and brocoli. and apparently she prefer more watery porridge. so mummies whose babies reject porridge, may be you can try to cook with more water? no harm trying...

FOZ, sorry to hear your cousin's experience. Just to high light, when my sister's taxi got rear-ended many years ago, she file a claim with the taxi company because she heard her neck cracked at that instance. It was late that night so her med appt was the next day. Even though she went thru physical therapy paid for by the taxi's insurance company, this injury still managed to catch up with her after her therapy ended. She is still going thru pains everyday. I sincerely hope (and pray) that your cousin will not go thru this.
Learning the "bo-chap" attitude from the public in this incident makes my blood boils!!! Why has our society becomes such?!?!

Sunsweet, WOW!! Puree everyday!!! This SAHM also not so hardworking.. most of my puree are made in batches and last about 5 meals, then I make different purees so, now my freezer has 3 portion of carrots, 1 pea, 7 potatoes, at least 8 portion of veg stock. In the fridge is a portion of carrot jus, minced pork, carrot puree (all for K's porridge tonight).

BBEthan, I have yet to make pork stock, so my minced pork is blanched in little water until just cooked thru, ie the last bit of faint pink is gone. If you use a small clay pot, u can make until faint pink cos the clay pot holds heat very well and will cook the pork w/o over cooking it.
I am sure not much of the nutrients are lost in this manner, and the plus point is the flavor is retained.

RE: Pork
I have posted before that according to the butcher in my wet market, if you buy pork from supermarket, they are all from Australia, usually less flavorful than those in the wet market--Indon pigs slaughter in SIN or South American pigs slaughter, quick frozen (freeze w/i seconds), then freight to SIN, thaw and sell. According to personal preference, you can ask butcher where their pork comes from.

RE: Muscle
According to my wet market advisor, this meat is not 腰肉 (yao-rou, aka 梅肉 mei-rou). Muscle comes from the thigh of the pig's hind legs and it's wrapped inside the thigh.
The price of the 腰肉 is approx $25/kg, and there is a similar lean meat call 假腰肉 (fake yao-rou) is only selling $16/kg. However the latter is tougher.
Her advice is to minced muscle or the fake yao-rou if you want lean minced meat.
腰肉(yao rou) is usually sliced for steamboat as it is tastier and easy to cook thru.

I have decided to NOT puree my porridge, since K is taking to rice well.

hbb
u can hv the brown rice cereal from winnie. my gal doesn't really like it. she prefers the oatmeal n multigrains ones. thinking of reducing her cereal intake to just for breakfast n up her porridge meal to lunch n dinner soon.

kim
thanks for the tips.

etirto,
Wat surprise? Nigel got girlfriend? DH bought you a Burkins as a surprise present? You suddenly drop 5kg? If so teach me how... hahahaha

Back