(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

I see,if not might have bump into u over there
happy.gif

Oh the trial class starts in Apr,the one which sam and Joanne are in.

my sis came over today to do some baking and also play w edna.. and thi sgirl is so distracted tat she refuse her nap! nap for 10 good mins and wakes up crying

aft sis went bk.. i tto all is at peace liao.. then aft feeding her put her in cot while i tidy her cupboard int he same room she was happily playing n giggling.. not until we say ok good nite n off the light.. she been crying till now! she wants to PLAY
arghhhh

Chiyojade, hey the teapot song was my favorite whn I was young!! I forgot the "when the water's boiling" part for a long while, thanks for the lyrics!!

Sherryl, same here….I find u familiar too but dare not approach. hehe….90% sure you are one of the July09 mummies when I see ur girl but still dare not approach :p

Have been seeing the PD since my boys were 1mth old. Find her quite ok and the location is convenient for me. Think I will go to another PD the next time since her clinic is always very packed.

hihi mummies...!
Happy CNY!

Been more than a week since i last logged in. My Auntie left us last week after battling with her illness for 3 yrs. And was busy with CNY afterwhich...

Some updates...

My lil' Shanna turns 7mths today! BBethan, my ger nw also shows her preference very strongly, always lean herself towards me with open arms... and turns away when the others tried to carry her, even the daddy she also duwan. I find it weird coz I haben been taking care of her for the past 1 week due to my auntie's wake, was kinda tired... daddy's been feeding her, bathing her, but she is still very sticky to me. I wonder why... hahaha...

She has been crawling all over the place now, and is sleeping soooooooooooooo late every night, it's making us more & more tired! She even crawled out from her mattress and tried to come out of the room! =( Oh yah, she even stood up with her hands supporting on the wall! =.= Had to surround her mattress with cushions & cushions & cushions! Need to buy more pillows... LOlz~

I'm gng to bring the notti ger into the rm to sleep le... the battle starts... i think my ger is the only baby who is still WIDE AWAKE @ tis time... =(

Happy New Year mummies!

Need advice desparately...
How much does your baby eats?? I've started Gabriel on solid abt 3 wks ago, and he was eating well on the 1st wk (started with 1 tsp to 3 tbsp) but this wk, he's not eating much..about 2tbsp.

When do you all start giving porridge to your babies?

RE: Raising voice
I'm guilty of that too especially these days when getting Gabriel to sleep is a challenge and some days he just cry not knowing what he wants can be frustrating. Hiazzz.... he was just struggling before he settles down to sleep..

Koko, how about alternating between cereal and puree?

I started porridge make freshly from rice a week before K turned 7mth, I did not press thru the sieve but just mash with fork as taught by most experienced mom, but K kept showing the gagged expression, I think he felt the bits tickling his throat. After 2 meal of such expression, I press thru the sieve, and he like it, I made fish porridge, after 2 days, he rejected it.. Now he is rejecting everything, even his favorite oat cereal.

Is Gabriel teething? I was told when a baby teeth, he may reject food or reduce the consumption.. I suspect for K's case, it is such, cos he is yo-yo between 5.5 and 6.5oz for fm too.. Usually leaving 1-2ozs for the "ghost" (Etirto, yes this behavior had returned!!) Sigh!

It is so unpredictable and lots of wastage!!

Today, Y ate the WHOLE BOTTLE of Heinz Sweet Veg mash(not sure which flavour exactly), but he ate the WHOLE BOTTLE...is that too much. I actually only took out half and put it in his bowl and wanted to keep the rest for later, but he kept looking for the bottle and so I decided to give him a little more bit by bit and before I knew it, he FINISHED everything.
Did I overfeed him!?! Normally when he's had enough, he purses his lips and refuses to open his mouth and will cry. But I think I'm feeding him too much...!? Sigh....going to see PD for consultation and ask her...

BTW, anyone gave the flu jabs to your babies? Am hesitating...? Chicken pox? I've never had it, so am quite paranoid about getting it as am older and would like to TTC.

Hi July mummies, sorry to intrude again. Anyone giving millet to your little ones? Any advice how to cook it well? I suspect I may have done it wrongly. My gal has been rejecting solids these 2 weeks and I literally had to force her to open her mouth. I had started her on cereal since she's 5.5 months. Is already 1 month and instead of eating more willingly, she's actually rejecting to open her mouth. I tried HT, Heinz vanilla custard, Only organics rice cereal with banana, papaya, avocado, pumpkin, sweet potato, oats with barley and finally millet. So far she only ok with avocado and the instant cereals. Feeding time has become harder and harder. Any advice?

Chiyojade, if it's the first food, the bottle is too small, Y can take the 2nd food by now, so f you are feeding the 2nd food, it's alright.
RE: Chicken Pox
According to K's PD, Chix Pox is only given at 13 mths; Hep A at 2yrs old.
I have yet to discuss the seasonal fl vacc with hb, however if the H1N1 persists till mid of this year, we may give K.

Josephine, my boy started to reject solids and fm intake also reduced. Is your bb teething? I am not advocate of force-feeding.. It breaks my heart to hear bb being force-fed.. also reminds me of the pate (although I love pate)..

When K rejects food the instant I raise the spoon, I will tap the spoon on his pursed lips to leave some solids in his mouth, if he likes the taste, he'll open his mouth for more. Sometimes he blows his food out, this is his way of saying "no" or need for water. So when he does that, I tell him firmly "it is not funny!", then I'll give water, usually he will be receptive for more solids, if after the water he is still not taking the solid, that means he had enough.

RE: Blog
I have my blog, my IVF blog, my cat blog.. where got time to do K's blog? I haven't even write anything in his birth book since he was born.. tsk tsk tsk.. bad mommy..

Beverly,
Thks for ur reviews,as was thinking to change PD for my gal as the one im seeing is always so crowded.(another one is sk)

Josephine,
Haha,finally see u more active in this forum!!
Do come in more often yea
happy.gif

Kim,
U like the song of 'Im a little teapot'?I have the lyrics and the song,do u wan me to email u that?
happy.gif

morning, Mommies! today dunno gotta be happy or sad cos when I left home this morning, stacia cried the moment I turned my back & walked towards door
sad.gif
*sob sob* Yesterday when we reached home, she has slept & tonight we couldn't reach home early (again!) cos there's company's CNY dinner to attend.. Oh God! If only we could 'buy' some time...

chiyojade,
no need to be embarrassed about Yann being cranky. We all have our embarrasing moments taking cranky babies out =) Like MR trying to eat Yann's pacifier. Sigh.... He smiled at me so bright and sweet at coffee bean that I think he's an angel no matter what he does

Sherryl, thanks, I think it's alright unless there is other version than the one posted by Chiyojade.

Hugs to you Linsu! I understand how you feel from my hb's eyes too. This am, K kept going to him, and when he tried to put him in his walker so he can go to work (I was washing his bottles), K actually cling onto him so tight and make his "I-dun-want" sound!! I can tell hb was kinda pleased his son still wants him, but gotta go make some fm $$...

linsu
i wish i can buy time too. everyday, by the time i reach home n settle #1, she only plays abt half n hr to an hr and she gets sleepy already. morning she's either sleeping or having breakfast when i'm abt to leave the hse. but i dun dare to carry her on days when she's awake early for fear that she sticks to me n i'll end up late for work. the only time i really hv time for her is weekends n days when i'm on leave.

chiyojade
if he doesnt puke after that, i think it's ok. sometimes my girl will puke after eating too much willingly. that's when i know what's the limit.

kim
re force feeding... i dun really like the idea. but when u hv a low weight baby like mine, sometimes a bit difficult to say should or should not. really hv to play by ear. in the past i often get scolded for forcing at times... but nobody knows why i need to. nowadays i just try to feed whatever amt she can take. if she really doesnt want, i give her more small meals instead. i hope i dont end up with a child who thinks she rules at meal time.

jillian
i love yr blog. i hv one for my kids but i can't write as well as you.
anyone who wants access can email me at [email protected] as i don't feel comfortable posting here as there are too many onlookers.

kim
thank u! yup yup.. the good part is, eventhough we spend less time compared to the main caregiver, they still want us hehehe..
happy.gif

bbethan
hi-5! that's what exactly happening to me too (except I only got 1 kid) haha.. much as I want #2, I dare not to imagine how will it be..

bbethan/linsu **hugs** understand your feeling. make the most of your weekends with your little one, ok? my hb also says the same thing. he can only see her in the morning for such a short period before going to work.

winnie, may be your nana sleep more in the afternoon? Usually if the baby is over stimulated, it's difficult for them to switch back to 'sleepy mode'. Yesterday I played too much with Naomi after her evening bath. She was so happy and giggling loudly. In the end she refused to settle down and want to continue to play.

Yelling at your kids.
I do it almost everyday. Mostly to my boy. My hb always remind me not to yell at him, later he will follow. but, how not to yell? Well he's just turned 4. seems like the terrible 2 and 3 are still there. It's worse, actually because they're more active and curious, somemore can argue back! The loudest I yell at him was on Xmas eve. He stamped Naomi's face with his purple thomas the train chop. And we're supposed to go to the church for xmas soon. Poor Naomi, so pretty in her white frock, but with the purple stamp all over her face. very difficult to wipe off. But when I think back, actually it's quite funny and I felt guilty after yelling and beat his naughty hand. Nigel didn't understand why he's not supposed to do that. He thought it's funny. Haiz...
Another time when he tried to lock his sister inside her room. And I couldn't find the spare key as we have just moved in.
Yesterday I yelled again at him. he fed Naomi the cut pear. When I discover that, the pear almost go in completetly to her mouth! Luckily I manage to dig it out. Made me so panicked! he actually meant well, he just want to share his pear with his sister.

etirto
haha... children r really innocent. they do things that made blood boil at that moment but thinking back their actions r really funny. most of the time they do it out of no bad intentions. ethan also likes to feed amanda with his food. got to keep stressing no to him. then he turns n tell his sister no no... cannot eat. but each time, his hands will stretch out to try n feed her. think our #2 are really ke lian... always got all the "nonsense" from #1.

FOZ, were you the one who fed Austen with egg yolk? I fed my boy yest and he loves it. Can I check how many eggs should we limit in giving them a week?

Very early this morning, I went online to buy K's rice cereal & oatmeal, OCBC actually freeze my card cos I nvr use this card for online purchase before, it's wee hr in the morning n they couldnt call to verify cos it;s mid of nite..

BBEthan, I know what u mean cos K is rejecting rice porridge still and i hv to use banana as bait to make him eat, and we w/up more in the nite cos he hasn't been fed enough.. I hope this is just teething phase or I probably hv to force feed.

Etirto, I din go Daiso with the moms on wed, went ystd and still, I forgot the bicycle bell..

Hi mummies , Ariel fell off the high chair yesterday n we admitted to hosp for observation. She's back to her cheerful n noisy self. Now waitg for doc to check again. Scare the hell out of me

etirto
thanks! hahha.. nigel so cute! but u're right! really dunno shud be angry or laugh
happy.gif
I think when they reach the age of 7-8 (old enuf to understand simple right/wrong things) yet still doing it, then it's big headache already! like my nephew
sad.gif
So i guess 3-6 can be excused for now hehe

bestberries
oh noo.. she wasn't buckled up? Hope she'll be fine..

Etirto,
Hope your stomach flu is subsiding.

Bestberries,
Oh my. Hope Ariel will be ok. You must have a shock of your life. On leave at hospital?

I'm guilty of being too lazy to buckle up MR when she's in pram or high chair... Will have to be more disciplined

bestberries
hope all's well with Ariel

mummies
must remember to buckle on pram or high chair at all times. last time my #1 ever fell out of pram while i turn n prepare his food. just dun know how he managed to slip out from the pram's front bar n landed on the floor. my friend's pram wheels was stuck on the escalator grooves when getting down it. her pram toppled over n luckily her boy was buckled up and escape injury. she was behind the pram n got scratches all over her legs.

Etirto: I had to laugh when I read about Nigel using his stamp on Naomi's face. I can imagine how angry you must have been but its funny at the same time.
happy.gif

Bestberries: Hope Ariel is alright. I'm guilty of not buckling Max in his pram at times. Will definitely have to be more disciplined from now on.

Bbethan: I'm always telling Ally not to feed Max as well. The other morning she decided to share her yoghurt with him and when I walked into the play room, Max had yoghurt all over his face cos she tried to feed him.

Etirto
I think my nana's sleeping pattern changed after she has learnt hw to crawl & "climb"... =.=
really dunno hw to get her back to her sleeping pattern lehs... =(

jillian

hahha, that's so cute of Ally. :p

My boy also tried to feed my gal with her HB puffs. Much like feeding a doggie actually. i had to tell him to let her hold it herself and not stuff them into her mouth. :p

Jillian, it's so nice to keep a blog for your kids...and so much effort put in too. Your kids will appreciate next time. I dun blog...cox i can't imagine my students reading it and they know everything abt me. Only keep a multiply acct to document all the lit details of my kid.

Bestberries, gosh...pray everything's ok for Ariel. I also ought to do something when i bring my boy out in stroller now.

Koko, my boy jus turned 7mths today and I hav only tried giving him porridge once but he dislikes it
sad.gif
So now i'm still giving him cereals. But I have increased it to 3 times a day (B/L/D) instead of the usual 2. And ended off with desserts (fruit puree)

Kim, how do you use the banana as a bait? My boy likes to stick out his tougue to test the food that I give him before he opens his mouth...sigh. So i hav trouble tricking him. And sometimes I feel bad by lying to him cox he somehow understands wat we say. If I said grapes, he will open his mouth big then suddenly, he tastes another food given...he totally frown and kept his mouth shut after that. There's no way to trick him again.

kitty,
can add me to your multiply acct?
I'm thinking switch my photos updates from facebook back to multiply... Cos MR godma going China... Facebook not allowed =p

Lamagier, thanks! I'm still recovering. still feeling nauseaus and giddy sometime today...so craving to eat good food after a few days can't really eat well. hmmm, dreaming of sondubu again or chong xing hot pot. damn
btw, Naomi tried the HB puff, she choked for the first time, but after that she can even pick and feed herself.

bestberries, always remember to buckle up in high chair (at home or at restaurants) and in prams. Hope Ariel is fine. Update us ok?

Bbethan/Jilian, yeah our #2 always kena all the nonsense from #1. but no matter what she still sees her brother like her hero. her eyes will brighten up and put up big smile whenever kor kor is around. my boy is also the same thing. he insist to hug and kiss his sister before he goes to school every morning and he doesn't want to do that to me and my hb anymore, when I asked him why...he said "because I only love Naomi now!"

kitty, you can try 'distraction'. may be put his fave toys and raise it bit higher then his eye level, usually when they look up a little bit, they don't clamp the lips so tightly, so you can quickly slide the spoon into his mouth.

Kim, I haven't go to Daiso yet also. have been wanting to go but still too giddy to go out. you got any plan on Monday?

winnie, Naomi is also crawling every where now and not using her tummy. and the worse part is coming. pulling up on everything that can be climbed. Including me. her new hubby is to climb on the dust bin and topple the contents out.
Just now she topple down from sitting position to the side, but on the padded floor. I think it's quite painfull because she landed on her ear, the back of the earring must have poked her.

porridge.
today I mixed silken tofu with the minched pork porridge, add brocolli and blend together. The texture is very smooth and somehow bring down the 'strong' taste of brocolli.

Etirto
SAME!!!! My ger has been climbing over me too... Hahahah~ Dustbin! Faintz! Please keep the dustbin away from her... LOL~

Oops... yah.. must be quite painful for her... =.=

Mashy,
thanks for info.. but my fren is bringin back n she said it isnt a prob cos she does tat everytime.. =)
but seems like no ones taking wakodo or meiji milk liao.. hehe..

Poohbear,
haha.. great to hear all of u enjoyed.. yup,
see u soon..=)

Jav is crawling everywhere oso.. taking remote controls n stuffing into his mouth.. start fighting w me over everything he sees.. drinks, hp, food.. tsk..
he surprised me ytd..wen he was crying n i saked him "yes? y u cry? wad happen.. wad do u wan.." n he went "mum..mum mum.. mum mum.." n i looked at e clock.. yes! its time for his milk.. so i tried again.."wad u wan, Jav?" he went " mum mum mum mum" again... hahaaa.. so happy!.. it feels like he understood wad i said n replied me.. heee..

Etirto,
naomi so smart =) MR still looks a bit confused at how to transfer food from plate to mouth. hahaha, you have 2 little terrors on your hands now. But that time I saw nigel, he said he loves naomi. Prob just want his sister to play together wit him.
I also just recovered from gastric flu just before the CNY. Always feel fatigue when kena it. You rest well =)

Kitty,
Oops, i sent you invite from my active acct. Forgot I had an inactive account sitting around and confusing people. Sent you an invite. Account ID is my actual full name

Read somewhere facebook is blocked in China and twitter is banned

Hi Mums,

Learnt about this forum from a relative over the CNY holidays. Thought I'd join in to meet and learn from other mums - hope it's not too late!
happy.gif

I'm a SAHM with a little boy, born 28 July 2009. He can sit up and exploring lots of things with his hands, but he's not crawling yet. Seems like a lot of you have very active babies! Wonder when my boy will start crawling too...

hi mummies - thanks for your concern. we're discharged from hosp and at home now. i was so super shacked out that i concussed and napped for 2 hours. i'm still monitoring for 2 days. i went to temple after discharge with ariel, cos its amazing (touch wood) that she's ok cos my high chair is 3 feet tall. it can only be with divine protection. my helper also said must have been protected by an angel
happy.gif

BestBerries,
lil Ariel is sure blessed by God n angels.. glad tat shes fine.. do take care ok!...=)

Linsu,
hahaa.. i feel hes gona b damn talkative next time.. i had this dream wen i was preggie w him.. dono hw true it is thou.. hehe..
ohhh, ehhhh, i pm u .. safer.. heheee

Etirto, I tried cox sometimes I will ask my helper to help distract him a bit with the toys but i quite dislike the idea of playing and eating at the same time. But sometimes really hav no choice...
Nigel is such a sweet bro. Can tell he really dotes on his sis a lot
happy.gif

Jes, Jav is fast! Lucius still can't crawl yet....everytime he flips, he will lift his butt till v high up but somehow he jus can't move forward
sad.gif

Re: Wakodo
I think you can pm Yan too...her boy is taking Wakodo as well.

Bestberries, glad to hear everything is alright for Ariel. She's a strong girl!!!

Kim,
no worries
happy.gif

It's the same version of the song btw

Jeslyn,
Javier can crawl already?
That's fast!!hahaha..
Btw,reg the tunia I will seriously consider it and will ask u for contact if needed yea
happy.gif

re: shouting
today my turnt o scream at edna
mayb i really too tired
haven slept well for days!!! and she is so clingy
cry n cry n cry
feed her porridge reject AGAIN
i told her lucky rubbsih chute is not in the hse else i chuck her down liaoz!!! arghhhhh

Hi mummies,

Happy new year...
happy.gif

Re: force feed
Bbethan, I can understand the feeling of being a mummy to low weight baby... when others can go on a few days of hunger strike, ours can't afford to even go on 1 day of hunger strike, every grams of weight is so precious to them... sometimes, but v v seldom thou, lil dino go on hungry strike for jus 1 meal, i would insist on trying to make her eat/drink... jus took her to PD on wed, she's only 6.7kg at 7mths 1week old... seems like a challenge to make her cross the big "7" kg mark... going to increase her porridge intake to 3 meals next week as advised by PD, but doubt she can beef up...
sad.gif

Shichida Method
Jus in case any of the mummies interested in Shichida, I've gotten these info from them and will be going for their preview talk tomolo... wanna see the difference between LNT and Shichida before confirming which one to enrol lil Gen in... The big difference which I could see now is the huge $$$ involved for Shichida, so much more expensive than LNT... unfortunately, Shichida dun offer trial lessons at all... haiz... but my ex-colleagues and cousins sent their kids to Shichida and it was highly recommended by them... have to attend LNT trial and see the difference myself... hmmm...

The Shichida Method programme emphasis on;
-Quality of Parent-Child Relationship
-Sharpness Of Innate Senses
-Photographic Memory Training
-Physical Stimulation
-High-Speed Absorption Training
-Creative Potential
-Foreign/Multiple Language Stimulation
-Humanity Studies
-Personality Development

Our programme starts on every January, April, July and October. The age
group will be from 3months-6 yrs (Pre-Junior level) and 7-10 yrs (Junior
Level). Each lesson lasts for 75 minutes. The first 60 mins will be spent
on proper lesson and the rest of the 15mins will be spent for teachers &
parents sharing session / interaction.(There is no trial lesson for the
programme). We have small class size (4-6 children) and a parent stays in
the class with the child.

The classes are weekly basis. You may choose weekday (Tuesday to Friday)
or Weekend (Saturday or Sunday). Each term consists of 12 weeks. The
children are grouped according to the year that they are born.

Fees details for all new registrations are:

Weekday/Weekend
Term Fees
: $745.00 / $780.00
Registration Fees (Annual)
: $50.00 / $50.00
Parent Education Course
: $195.00(1 pax)
GST 7%
: $69.30 / $71.75
Subtotal
: $1059.30 / $1096.75
Deposit
: $300.00 / $300.00
GRAND TOTAL
: $1359.30 / $1396.75

*The Parent Education Course is for parents to learn the theory of right
brain development and what home practices consists of. There will be a 5%
discount on the term fees for the 2nd child's enrolment.

*The Deposit : $300
(This is an one time payment which will be fully refunded when child
withdraws from the program and upon completing the term. Please note that
Terms & Conditions apply).

Please take note that all new application form submitted required a $50
registration fees and deposit of $300.
If you would like to know more about The Shichida Method programme and
would like to enrol your child for either January, April, July or October
intake, you may visit our centre at;

Springleaf Tower Centre-
No.3 Anson Road #08-01 or
Toa Payoh Centre-
HDB Hub East Wing #19-01
to view our free video preview.
(From Wednesday to Sunday - 9am to 6pm).

Back