(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Bbethan,

easiest way is go by theme.

Choose a theme for the month, from there u can choose a story, do a simple craft, music and movement, .. each parent take turns to do an activity for the group..

Limit to 30mins/ session would be fine..

someone got to plan for snacks too.. or parent bring own snacks to share.

Bbethan: did you receive my transfer?

Gyms: my #1 did tumble tots for a term and really enjoyed it. Once I got used to their set up, I just copied the same thing at home using whatever we had. She was at the crawling stage then so we used to put cushions and pillows around for her to crawl up and under. Was good for her gross motor skills.

Going to test out using Google calendar if setting up playdates work: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c7s6l50n843ur5j933lj80c5ck%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Asia/Singapore

The calendar is public, just let me know if you want to be invited to use the calendar, and I believe anyone can subscribe to it.

From the experienced mummies, it looks like the gym is more fun when the babies either enter into the crawl stage or walking. I'll probably pick this up when Joie hits that milestone. I suppose with a playmat and loads of toys, we probably do quite some stuff with them. I'm welcome to open my place for playdates, be it a little small in my flat, but Joie can share her toys
happy.gif

sunsweet,
The idea of getting mummies and babies participation is great!
music&movement,crafts,eng,maths,mother tougue.

Not only will it be beneficial to babies learning,mummies can get to exchange teaching ideas given by various mummies..

Im supportive of tis idea and would like to join in too..

Sam,
yup, nearer to the east is a better choice.. yup, i tink def more interesting wen they start crawling cos they can get to explore on their own..=D

Sherryl, BBEthan, Sam,
i don mind forming a playgrp too.. we can take turns at each other's place.. i don mind opening my hse up too for a small grp.. hmmm, y don we make it this way, mayb the mummy whos opening up her hse, will prepare a lil snack for the lil ones?... snacks for lil ones r easy to do..=) as the big ones, maybe we can jus buy a lil sth for tea n drinks will b on the person in charge that week again?... wad do u all tink?.. i can do some lil stuffs for the lil ones.. since im in this line, n Sherryl has experience too!..=D

okay, lemme start a small list.. lets limit the list to only 6/7 ppl wad do u all tink?.. since we're going to each others place..n easier to focus oso! we can discuss more abt it b4 we start the whole thing =).. errr, Sam,Sherryl,BBEthan.. i jus add yr names in, but if u dowan jus lemme noe..=D thankiewwww!!

1) Jeslyn-Javier
2) Sam-Joie
3) Sherryl-Adelle
4) BBEThan-Amanda
5) HBB-Edna
6)
7)

phew i jus got time to come in.. coughing like mad... setled edna 2 main meals n bath her.. plus a brunch for myself.. i certainly need to zzzz hee... thank goodness she is good today again... hope she continue to b good.

jes i can prepare purees for the kids =) no problem else i can always prepare some dessert or cakes for the adults.

jus now i prepare some plum puree to mix in cereal for edna.. i tasted it before giving her.. its a bit tart LOL
the silly girl ate up everythg nonetheless hahaaaa

re : open house

I dont mind opening my humble hdb flat too. I will be glad Jes if you can stay back to help me to clean up the place.
happy.gif

1) Jeslyn-Javier
2) Sam-Joie
3) Sherryl-Adelle
4) BBEThan-Amanda
5) HBB-Edna
6) Twinkle - Kaelen
7)

twinkle u r super funnie!!
onli jes need to help huh??

i will b able to open my flat but it will b a rather last min notice depending on i got work to rush anot.. usaly my hse gotta b quanrantine while i am doing mywork LOL

Mashy the trial class shld be 1pm as verbally told by the in-charge previously. I will confirm this to everyone when he replied me.

I just submited the names to him.

Curtis, I have omited your name since I got no reply from you.

hbb
the plum r those purplish type?
yest i fed her peach puree... she loves it so much. hehe... cos sweet mah. but goodness... peach are so ex. $4.50 for 2. these babies are making us poor.

bbethan
ya the purplish one hee..
ya the babies making us poor in fact the food they eat cost more than the food WE eat LOL
edna ate 3 pears in 6 days .. that cost about $3 already. on top of that other fruit/vege plus cereal LOL
nvm so long as she remain gd girl dun disturb me haaaa

the bb spinach cost like $3.50 per 100g... aft i boil n blend onli 6 ice cube!!

Twinkle,
hahaha.. y oni me..=((.. hahaa.. nvm, u look aft Jav for me i can clean up for u.. wahaha!..

HBB,
we need u... as a cook!.. hahahaa.. cos u r a gd chef..Sherryl, im no good cook too.. but puree ok la.. hahahaa..

BBEthan n HBB,
Jav so far oni tried carrot, apple, pear, peas.. haven tried others lehh.. mayb i shud start making others for him.. anw, ytd wen Jav went for his jab, his weight was 7.2kg!!.. i was pretty shocked.. i tink mayb the solids r making him gain weight like wad the pd said.. hee..

hbb
haha... agree... think i dun eat that ex food too. but agree lor... as long as they eat n grow well, hv to spend the money.

bb spinach v ex de! now i always buy the local spinach. intend to let her eat only when start porridge.

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

Thank you to those who have completed my survey - I have already received 12 responses!! I am hoping to get 18 more in the next week so I can do my comparison study. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! Here are the details...

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), currently participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education.

* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?
* Do you want to share information that could help other couples transition into parenthood?

If you answered YES to these questions, and are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to participate in this parenting research study. It only takes 5-10 minutes to complete. To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary, anonymous, and confidential.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

hi Sherryl & mummies, may i know whether the lesson is during weekday or weekend?
If it is weekday then i would like to join in. thanks

1) Jeslyn-Javier
2) Sam-Joie
3) Sherryl-Adelle
4) BBEThan-Amanda
5) HBB-Edna
6) Twinkle - Kaelen
7) Gillian - Jayvis

Jes, Noted.. Then I shall not join in. Thanks!

1) Jeslyn-Javier
2) Sam-Joie
3) Sherryl-Adelle
4) BBEThan-Amanda
5) HBB-Edna
6) Twinkle - Kaelen

jes
oops... i just realised i'm the only working one in the group. u gals can go ahead with weekdays. if i can take leave, i'll join in. alternate between weekdays n weekends ok?

maybe we can arrange some days during weekdays some days during weekends. I will be putting my boy to bbsitter starting from Feb cos soon I will be joining the workforce again. Hee.

Jillian,
we r doing it mostly alternate on weekdays n weekends.. den u can join in?...=)

BbEthan,
haha.. can can, was discussing w Sherryl n she suggested it on weekdays n weekends too..=) so we'll do it alternately.. if everyone's ok?..

Twinkle,
i see.. going back to work liao ar!!.. hmmm, hahaa.. can u put him inside.. i tink he sure jump like mad.. w/o jumperoo he alrdy jumping like mad, with it.. i tink he'll spoil it at the rate he jumps.. hahaa..ya lor, i gt a shock myself too.. i was like "WAD? 7.2 ?!!" like v fast he jus put it on.. i tink cos he eats like 3.5 big big spoonful of cereal plus 3 spoonful of puree tog for lunch .. n 4 big big spoonful of cereal plus 3.5 big spoonful of puree for dinner. plus the 220ml of milk every 4-5 hrly..

My Gal XR feeding abt 2 tbspn on puree and 1 milk scoop of cereal afte 5oz of mlik..

looks like she is not eating a lot.. and still on the tasting period..

maybe i should up her solid intake soon..

Today XR officially turns 6 months old!! So Happy!!

Jes,
Hahaha, cos I've been itching to do it for a long time. But thankfully, she took to it quite well =p. Not a single squeek. Cos she was too busy trying to drink pool water, snack on her swim suit, floaties, other people's fingers....

Jes,
since you all doing weekday & weekend I will join in your group. sorry for the ding ding dong dong (add n remove n add my name) heehee

1) Jeslyn-Javier
2) Sam-Joie
3) Sherryl-Adelle
4) BBEThan-Amanda
5) HBB-Edna
6) Twinkle - Kaelen
7) Gillian - Jayvis

Hi everyone,

Sorry, this post is quite long, bear with me....

Some impt things:
Private Group Swim lessons at Balestier:
Now Marcel's dad doesn't seem that keen anymore for lessons - he thinks that he might be able to teach Marcel himself and he hasn't got back to me if he wants to form a group or not - and we need his pool. I don't want to push him as it's his place, but for those interested, this is just to give you a heads up and just to let you know what is going on.
AQUADUCKS: (LATEST INFO)
They hadn't replied to my email this morning, so I rang them and this is what Ainun said - she arranges classes at Tanglin:

ALL THIS IS FOR THE TANGLIN OUTLET, I.E. DEMPSEY ROAD ONLY

A) Babies who are 6 months do not need a trial class. They can, if they want to (see below for timing)

B) The TUESDAY 10 am class is NOT a trial class. Therefore, that is the class that you want to sign up for. The other classes that I listed above are also NOT trial classes. Those are classes to SIGN UP, i.e. you don't want a trial.

At the moment, the Tuesday 10 am class has got 5 spots available only.
Those who "signed up" for the 10 am class are:
1) KimKurek - Kaelem (Jul13 09)
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna
4) Gina - Juen (Jul01 09)
5) poohbear75 - Caitlyn (Jul 26 09)
6) Jes - Javier (11 Jul 09)

There are 6 of you, but there are only 5 spots avail. However, the info given to me earlier was INCORRECT, so this might affect your decision.
I guess we might need to re-post the slots avail(?), but priority should be given to you guys if you decide to sign up for the class?

These are the other spots available for CLASSES:
Wednesday 2pm: (1 spot available)
1)

Wed 3pm : (6 spots available)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Thursday 3pm (6 spots available)
1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

C) Trial classes are available and are complimentary. Trial classes last 15 mins and are ONLY on TUESDAYS at 12 noon.

The earliest openings are: (pls put your name)
2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2)
3)
4)
5)

9th Feb (6 spots)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

D) Suntec also has trial classes, but the trial is PART of a class, so this means that it lasts for 30 mins. I DO NOT know the timings and am waiting for an email for more info.

Sorry such a long post, but so many things to clarify.

Thanx Chiyojade!
Hi everyone,

Sorry, this post is quite long, bear with me....

Some impt things:
Private Group Swim lessons at Balestier:
Now Marcel's dad doesn't seem that keen anymore for lessons - he thinks that he might be able to teach Marcel himself and he hasn't got back to me if he wants to form a group or not - and we need his pool. I don't want to push him as it's his place, but for those interested, this is just to give you a heads up and just to let you know what is going on.
They hadn't replied to my email this morning, so I rang them and this is what Ainun said - she arranges classes at Tanglin:

A) Babies who are 6 months do not need a trial class. They can, if they want to (see below for timing)

B) The TUESDAY 10 am class is NOT a trial class. Therefore, that is the class that you want to sign up for. The other classes that I listed above are also NOT trial classes. Those are classes to SIGN UP, i.e. you don't want a trial.

2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna

There are 6 of you, but there are only 5 spots avail. However, the info given to me earlier was INCORRECT, so this might affect your decision.
I guess we might need to re-post the slots avail(?), but priority should be given to you guys if you decide to sign up for the class?

1)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

C) Trial classes are available and are complimentary. Trial classes last 15 mins and are ONLY on TUESDAYS at 12 noon.

2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2) Edna (29 jun)
3)
4)
5)

9th Feb (6 spots)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

D) Suntec also has trial classes, but the trial is PART of a class, so this means that it lasts for 30 mins. I DO NOT know the timings and am waiting for an email for more info.

Sorry such a long post, but so many things to clarify.

thx Chiyojade for organising!

2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2) Edna (29 jun)
3) Alexis (11 Jul)Yuli
4)
5)

2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna

1)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2) Edna (29 jun)
3) Poohbear75 - Caitlyn (26 Jul)
4)
5)

9th Feb (6 spots)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reposting for trial cos just saw yuli's post

2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2) Edna (29 jun)
3) Alexis (11 Jul)Yuli
4) Caitlyn (26 Jul) poohbear75
5)

Hbb: Yes Max does. He makes quite a wide variety of sounds. Don't worry, Ally was exactly the same, she was way advanced in her motor skills but a bit behind with her speech. Sometimes that's just the way they are. Now you want her to stop talking also cannot!

jillian
hahahaa omg
seems like ally n edna similar huh! thanx!!
i so scare manz...

anyway now ... i got antoerh prob w edna.. her 5.30 feed..she hav 220ml of milk.. but before .30.. she already sucking thumb showing sign of hunger... she doesnt cry thou ... she dun cry for milk.. onli suck thumb! so i am tinkin hard shld i increase her milk? or ??? haiz

2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09) - Suntec is preferred.
3) HBB - Edna
4) poohbear75 - Caitlyn (Jul 26 09)
5) Jes - Javier (11 Jul 09)

1)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

2nd Feb (5 spots)
1) Yann (6 Jul)
2) Edna (29 jun)
3) Alexis (11 Jul)Yuli
4) Caitlyn (26 Jul) poohbear75
5) Joie (6 Jul)

9th Feb (6 spots)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

HBB,
Got check her gums? Maybe give her a towel to chew. Usually if Joie is going at the towel and making miserable noises I take it that she is hungry, regardless of whether it is time. But maybe because she's on FM, it doesn't bug me if she doesn't finish the bottle, though she drinks a 210ml bottle now but in 2 sittings (think her tummy is small, when I push her to wipe out the bottle, she throws up later when she burps/flips/sits)

sam
nothg on her gum as yet...
talkignb out chewin on towel
ya jus now she pull up the shirt fr the chest area n stuff into her mouth to suck w her thumbs
almost wan to faint when i saw tat... she usualy doesnt do tat.. onli while waiting for this particular feed she does it.. so i duno is it becos the milk previously isnt enuff or wat...
220ml in 10 mins... hmmmm

HBB,
hehe urm, it was getting on my nerves when she keep wanting to stuff the chiffon layer of her dress into her mouth during a wedding dinner last weekend. Although I just took it that she's just experiencing different textures, just wish it doesn't have to go into her mouth for her to experience it.

Gillian,
no problem..!=D

Chiyojade,
thanks for organizing.. mayb u lemme noe again if suntec's gt place.. thanks.. =) cos 5th i tink im nt free.. heee..

HBB,
why don u try increasing a lil n see if she can finish it?.. Jav oso went frm 200 to 220ml.. despite solids being introduced!..

Back