(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Hi Chiyojade,

Thanks for organising the swim classes and suggesting venues for outings
happy.gif
Will definitely be interested to join you all if possible for the outings
happy.gif

Hi Chiyojade,
Thanks for organising. So sorry you had to go thru so much trouble. Paisay, I can make it for the weekday swim class cos work load getting heavy...

Swimmimg: Private Swim Lessons:
Those interested: (tentative)
1) Marcel (my friend's baby,@his place) Marcel is coming to a year.
2) Yann (6 Jul)
3) Alexis (11 Jul) Yuli's bb
4) Edna (HBB)
5) Min RUi (lamagier)
6)

haiz i tink i really had a bad bad week...fr e fever episode seem to escalate to more sickness... lost my voice for 4 days for no aparent reason. kenna bad bad cough...nw tat itsrecovering i got runny nose n headache...feverish again!

Hbb,
Oh dear. Hope edna has been good these days and let you rest a bit? Your hb around to help a bit? Need any help?

Monday blues. Took minrui to the zoo together with my nephew & nieces. Now feel like my bones going to scatter... Getting old liao...

Thanks Kim and Chiyojade for the reply. I'm coming back on SQ on a night flight (both back to SG and then back to Melb again). So I'm not sure if having an extra seat is better or having a bassinet.. :p

Since my hubby is travelling with me back to SG, we're trying for the bassinet and see if it's ok. When I'm travelling back alone I may ask for extra seat instead. Which is actually better Kim?

oh.. So can ask the crew to look after bb.. Okie.. I shall see if I can hold for the full flight tho..
happy.gif
ha ha.. I didn't know SQ provides diaper bag.. What's in the diaper bag tho? So I won't overpack for the flight.. 4 months ago when I travelled here I packed SOOOOOOO much.. Ha ha..

HBB: Get well soon.. And take lots of water and vit C..
happy.gif

Meng Lee: Now that our babies can flip and roll around, it might be a safer bet to put bb on bassinet. Though whenever there's turbulence, you have to bring your bb out of the bassinet, which is cumblesome. There's A380 flight leaving melb approx 4pm+, i heard that flight is usually not full so there's higher chances of you getting empty seats. I dont think SQ provide a full diaper bag, the last time i travelled, they offered me only wet wipes and diapers.

hi all, anybody need moses basket? can be used also for cat or doggie. want to clear it asap. self collect at dover.

Q: Doctor, I’ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they’re permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming well for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

than grils =)

lamagier
i duno hw to hav help now also... haiz.. lucky tis am aft i feed edna n play w her for 30 mins then she swlf entertain n nap.. wake up play again herself... din make noise else i sure die
hope later she will b like tis too.. now let her watch tv while i eat lunch

might need a 3rd trip to the doc (in a week!)

Lamagier,

hahaha that's one good one from the Kitchentigeress...

aiyah my birhtday just pass last month.. should have gone to OCBC to insist a birthday cake too.

HBB,
Flu season. Remember to take your daily multivits... Hope what every bug you have will go away fast!

Sunsweet,
Haha, My bday falls on a monday, cannot try. Advert only shows sunday banking gor cake, never specify if weekday banking or cake or not lol!!!

HBB,

guess you were exhausted that why caught a serious bug..

Thank God Enda is very accomodating.

I think the kids though they are still an infant they understand what's going on.

Wishing you speedy recovery!

lamagier
haiz tats the thg
i havent taken multivit fo rmonths!! arghhh

the whole episode started becos i had a mild dry cough but it makes me breeatheless ie asthmatic kidn of breathing... my dh too... then we go c tcm. aft 1 dose of med i got a bit better but lsot my voice! then mum brew croc meat soup
that was the mistake!! already told her dun brew sth different... she used dry croc meat tis time rnd and thr goes.... dh n i cough thru the nights!!! nitemare!!!

thanx sunsweet
haa i do hope she knows wats gg on.. i still gotta take care of her but keep using alcohol rub n washing my hands...

HBB,

Anyway if you're Bfing, she will get the anti-bodies too
happy.gif

Dun worry too much for #1 i had fever 4 times in 3 months.. and during all 4 times my #1 did not fall ill.. so i beileve they really get the anti-bodies from our recovering body.

sunsweet,
Something even sillier...

My friends went to kopi place at West Mall a few weeks back. Saw a praying mantis on the wall and told the lady boss. The lady boss very excited then told her china staff to "Pai Xia Lai!" ~ photograph it..

The staff took his shoe and hit the praying mantis... WHen the lady boss asked "Why kill the praying mantis?!?!?" , the china staff said "Pai Xia Lai" ~ hit it down from the wall....

Lamagier,
haha! that's funny!...

Chiyojade,
the 2nd bb is Javier!.. hahaa..

HBB,
oh noooo.. u rest well yah... drink lots n lots of water!!... nana is a gd girl.. sayang her.. =D hehe..

yea!.. Javier turns 6mths old today... finally!... n he went for his 1st phneumoccocal jab.. hehe.. he jus let a lil cry wen needle pulled out n stopped.. makes me feel like hes a big boy alrdy!... =D anw, any of yr bb here actually slps in yao lan, n now rejecting?.. Javier is kinda rejecting.. if nt, he'll flip in it each time we put him inside.. hmmm, another thing to make me feel hes a big boy again.. hee..

My friend said the china staff told the lady boss should be "Zhao Xia Lai"

HBB,
Crocodile meat? Piang. Thot reptile meat super heaty one? Later nose bleed...

Swimmimg: Private Swim Lessons:
Those interested: (tentative)
1) Marcel (my friend's baby,@his place) Marcel is coming to a year.
2) Yann (6 Jul)
3) Alexis (11 Jul) Yuli's bb
4) Edna (HBB)
5) Min RUi (lamagier)
6) Javier (Jes) -11th July

Quote:
Aquaducks:
(There is some confusion about this because 2 ladies gave me different timings, but I'm just putting one of the lists here to let you all think about it and maybe put your names down if you want)
To have 6 babies in a class.

We CANNOT form our own trial class (the times are fixed). NO CLASSES AT WEEKENDS.

6 months to 8 months trial availability
Tanglin Village: Tuesday 10am
1) KimKurek - Kaelem (Jul 13 09)
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna
4) Jes - Javier (11 Jul 09)
5)
6)

Tanglin Village: Thursday 3pm
1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2pm
1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2:30pm
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

lamagier

LOLz. That's so funny!!!!

HBB
actually crocodile meat is supposed to be good for asthma. But only for those who are cooling type. If heaty body cannot take. Like my son is heaty type, so can't take crocodile meat.

Anyone knows, where to find princess theme birthday cake that's like 0.5 ~ 1 kg?

My #1 wants to bring a princess cake for her birthday celebration at her school..

hbb, I used to take crocs meat too for my astma, double boiled, just take the soup.
We got to take multivit everyday. I also almost get flu and sore throat due to durian over-eating...kekkeke...,then just take panadol flu once (coz I feel bit feverish), the following day ok already.

sunsweet, can try bengawan solo? but I think min is 1kg.

Yan, there is wakodo fair in isetan. they sell baby food as well.

These few days I've been giving Naomi breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is banana mixed with rice cereal and Dinner is Sweet Potato with cheese cube, mashed together. She's finally can sleep through the night. Last feed 10pm, wake up 7am for morning feed. I'm so happy! going to transfer her to her own room soon.

Hi Chiyojade,

Think this is the latest list for aquaducks. Any news from them yet?

Quote:
Aquaducks:
(There is some confusion about this because 2 ladies gave me different timings, but I'm just putting one of the lists here to let you all think about it and maybe put your names down if you want)
To have 6 babies in a class.

We CANNOT form our own trial class (the times are fixed). NO CLASSES AT WEEKENDS.

6 months to 8 months trial availability
Tanglin Village: Tuesday 10am
1) KimKurek - Kaelem (Jul13 09)
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna
4) Gina - Juen (Jul01 09)
5) poohbear75 - Caitlyn (Jul 26 09)
6) Jes - Javier (11 Jul 09)

Tanglin Village: Thursday 3pm
1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2pm
1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2:30pm
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Hi,

No news from Aquaducks yet. I am going to call them tomorrow morning.

HBB - you rname appears twice - which one are you more interested in?

I have also contacted Marcel's daddy to reconfirm if he wants to join our group - bec we need his pool! LOL!
Anyway, for the private group lessons, they charge $500 for a group of 6, so that works out to be around $83 per month, no registration fee.
It's from Happy Fish. No trial lesson though, so if we want to try it, then it means we try it out for one month, no one-off lesson.
http://www.swimminglessons.com.sg/

Just got an email from the manager at JWT-UE, saying the price revision will start from 16th Jan. Wondering if any mummies who tried JWT going to sign up? Hoping to find a group...

chiyojade
then i go for the aquaduck then! hehe

jus bk fr doc again.. sinseh say i overwork.. tat y cough till like that... sigh.. tis mth we contribute alot to the doctors!! liek 400 over bucks for 3 of us... Edna better be a doctor nxt time manz!!!

Twinkle,
So far with the 3 gym trials, I find JWT is the easiest to follow, and they do encourage the development of age appropriate motor skills. Gymboree was okay but I find it difficult for me to follow, as parent-child interaction is very key in their exercises.

Just that on a behavioral assessment, my girl is interested in watching other kids play, and I notice she tracks other toddlers playing when I bring her out, so the nature of play at JWT, I find it stimulating for her.

Signing up as a course thing does leave me on the fence as gym class isn't that high on my priority as enrichment, I rather it be an option thing where I can bring her to a facility to play. Alternatively, I need to jio other mummies more for playgroups, and do some research on play with babies. Maybe I should do the research first.

Jes,
You go for the trial class and see whether Jav & you like it. I'm also thinking of picking a closer location, the Kallang/Eastgate location is more convenient being east side than going to UE.

sam/jes

haha, i also felt that way abt JWT too, so this time round, i'm not even bothering to go for gymboree/my gym trials.

twinkle
what time is the jwt trial?

I like JWT too.. but will be signing up only when the lil one starts walking.. but i am considering to let my elder gal join in the older class so she can burn of some energy .. haha

i attended the class with #1 at Kallang Leisure Mall its a nice place though.. parking is easy too..

sam/jes/sunsweet
i brought my elder one to the trial a few wks ago at eastgate. it was fun and as it was a weekday, there were plenty of room and they get to play all they want. was quite keen to sign him up but weekend class is very big size. if didn't remember wrongly is 16kids. so can imagine how crowded it will be.

i was told eastgate is more spacious n brighter. kallang smaller n dimmer. but weekend class at eastgate is more crowded. had wanted to let amanda go for the trial this weekend but now she can't go. sibling package more worth it.

so if u r not working, i think eastgate a better choice. check out the class size n the trainers.

etirto
in the end which mover did u use?

sam
i dun mind forming a playgroup in the east. can open up my house once we move over. but i'm not sure what play to involve them. got to research on this too.

BbEthan,

there's slibing package?

but they'll be in different class so likely if slibing goes for class we'll be stuck at the mall for at least 2 hours..

Back