(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

joanne - missed out on photo opp cos bb was hungry and smart maid forgot to pack the correct teat size for her bottle. plus me & hb getting flustered from carrying 2 bbies around, so decided to chabot before photos. sniff... maybe next time

carters sale - how do u get to the place ? if i take train to tamipines, is it easy to cab there ? i'll only be able to go on sat, so do post your goody buys so i know whether to go or not

HBs - yup my hb also ask me whether i know any of you, cos we din get to talk much. and i AGREE hbs shld stay home next time, cos foz n me were groaning abt MILs, then i realised my hb was within earshot, tho i think he's too busy carrying bb to hear our conversation ;p

actualy its not a gd idea to leave the hubbies out... espif gatherin falls on weekends
cos usualy onli weekends the hubbies can acc the family... (just wat i tot)
i tink nxt time we hav party. mayb can intro the hubbies? then then can chat... men not liek women... can chat n chat so easily... my dh onli can chat w Juen hahahaaaaa cos he prob dunno any1 else thr =p
i tink tat day was weird cos everyoen seem MIA due to the diff location for potoshot... nxt time we can do better yea!

bestberries the pl is behind safra tampines

lamagier
okie okie.. i'll try again to play it fr comp hehe..
happy.gif

gina
can can.. u see got nice nice one then buy.. i still hv your a/c no standby in my IB cos' i know i'll need to transfer $$ to u quite often kekeke.. btw, who says no shopping til end of this yr? ;ppp

bestberries,
Saw ur hubby wearing that many pockets bermudas and slotting the milk bottles in his pockets... told my hubby to buy this kind of bermudas so that I dun have to carry such big diaper bag in future liao... keke... initially i thought that ur twins managed to get ur photo done... forgot that i have ready-made FM at my home, should have offered u that instead... haiyo... blur me... shouldn't have taken medicine prior to the gathering, its making me blur...

Re: Hubbies
I agree with HBB that its not really a gd idea to leave the hubbies out esp when gathering falls on weekends... Anyway, I doubt I would have managed organising the gathering cum photoshoot session without my supportive hubby... Think our hubbies were not introduced to each other thats y everyone seems so distant... Learning pt: not a good idea to incorporate the studio photoshoot into the gathering. Should have just a gathering w/o anything else (like the photography session) at 1 location, so that we could properly intro ourselves to the newly-joined mummies and also the hubbies... Realise that my hubby always talk to Etirto & FOZ's hubby everytime they meet... Perhaps they had seen each other b4, thus easier for them to chat with each other...

Re: Photos taken during gathering
So far, I've received the mailing address/arrangement for collection from all the mummies... Dun have to pay me for the disc and postage....
happy.gif

Paging for Kim, pls do email me ur mailing address coz I dunno when we'll meet up soon since most prob I wont be going for the next gathering...

Gina,
My dino also selective eater... she doesn't seem to like baby food now, keep eyeing our adult food... so far, she's tasted chicken cutlet, fried tofu, yong tau foo, etc... think i should upgrade her as T-rex liao... roar!!!

<font color="0000ff">FOZ,</font>
no worries, wasn't any trouble, maybe my phone didn't receive the sms cos battery dead...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Gathering with daddies,</font>
I also think if possible to have the daddies, just get them to come too. Kinda my bad too, poor socializing skills, I don't talk too much. dh is more shy with respect to my friends. But can see after a few more times with usual faces, he got a few smiles and convos going too, like with Lucius's daddy
happy.gif
, hehe, Kitty, we often have the same trial classes. Anyways, this gathering, we got the shoot to accomplish, it's quite a handful unlike the usual gathering, so don't have to beat ourselves up about it. I'm loving all this "1st"s with the baby, 1st xmas with the bb, it's pretty exciting
happy.gif

Re: LNT trial class
Sam, Yan, lamagier, chiyojade &amp; Gina...
I've called up LNT-Bugis jus now. The person informed that they could only firm up next year's class schedule towards end of Dec... Thus, he'll get back to me about the class schedule again... Informed him that we would prefer Sat afternoon class coz many of u gonna go Sunday church... Weekend classes are in demand and might be placed on waiting list... Once everything firm up, we need to go down to LNT to register and make payment. Alternatively, one of us could collect payment from all and make a trip to bugis to make payment.

Re: JG trial class
Still haven receive reply from them yet, once they've revert, I post in forum again...

kim, got your sms. if the doc mart is too tight for you, just keep it with you first, I will collect during the next gathering, whenever it is as I don't fit into that anywmore. sob sob.

Paging bell. wanna go tampines? if yes, I will take train to your place then tompang you if you driving. if I take taxi all the way from holland, I think can buy 1 dress already...not worth it liao! I can miss FOX sale, but cannot miss carters. somemore got oshkosh. darn...but I've already have so many clothes for the kids and especially for Naomi, I got 'stock' till size 4T...imagine...so should I go or should I lock myself at home???!!! HBB, from last year sale, is there lots of rompers? I don't want anymore rompers, I want to buy dresses. I love carters dresses, so dressy and puffy. Also those skort+top set. Just now saw carters at 1 shop at paragon, they're having 15% but still bloody expensive compared to prices in state. haiz...

Foz, oh yahhh...this time isetan private sale is surprisingly on Friday...usually they always hold in on Thursday. Wad? >1K? u want to buy branded bags is it? Last year I splurge on Loewe/Celine/Dior. This year cannot already la...so broke!!!
WHO? who says no shopping till end of the year?
I know who...
kekeke

etirto
mostly romper dress i tink..cant realy rem botu dresses cos i was havign bd morning sickness haaaa

re: no mmore shopin till end of year..
ya till end of yr mah...so startv end of year shopping hahaaaa

Joanne. huh? yong tau fu...kekeke...your t-rex really can roar...Nigel said she's very cute. Nigel likes baby girl. Ju En is included. he didn't seems to bother with K at all. haahaha...
You ah...your hb already handling your lil Gen and still you want him to wear the many pocketed bermuda to hold the milk...yeah my hb only talk to those he met before, I think we were kind of forgotten about them because we're bz with the photoshoot. should do a proper intro for them...

duno hw to go carters manz
hands itchy and bought a dozen of dress for edna again while e 2 monsters were sleeping.... no good.... mayb i shld sell them off when they comes then gt excuse buy more LOL

Etirto,
keke... seems like I'm bullying my hubby but he always like to pack many things in the diaper bag, i carry till BTH... I usually pack 2 diapers but he will scream and comment wat if Gen poo a bit a bit and not enough to change! blah blah... aiyo... BTH...
All boys r like that, only have eyes for the fairer sex... haha... Nigel included... kekeke...

Sam,
My lil Dino aka Lim Rui En wans to take pic with lil cutie aka Lim En Rui... Missed the opportunity last saturday... urgh!!!!

Gathering
thanks joanne for opening up your house for the gathering &amp; to the photograhers for all the nice photos&amp; joanne's husband staying up whole night to touch up all the photos &amp; the WC for organising such a wonderful gathering.
I didn't stay long cos' my husband &amp; #1 were waiting for me @ the carpark.
I didn't get the chance to mingle with all the mommies.. SO shy meeting up most of the mummies for the 1ts time.. only get to say HI to a few &amp; a few words with KIM.. Nice meeting all the mummies!

carter sales
anyone going? can tong pang me in? i can wait for you tampines safra enterance. it's walking distance from my place

FOZ > Glad that Austen &amp; you enjoyed the session.
happy.gif
Tim was fighting his fever so better to give the slot to someone who can benefit than to let it go to waste
happy.gif
Besides Tim is also a bit too young...so it may be wasted on him =/
Ankle is better, not hobbling around, but still feels strained, especially when I sit down on the playmat. No heels this week too!

Hi mummies. Haven't been on the forum for two weeks n realized I've missed out so much. :p I saw the Christmas photos of the babies on fb. They are so adorable.
happy.gif
was it professionally done?

It's Christmas soon. Merry early Christmas to all! Have a blessed time with the family. It's the first Christmas spent with the little one. So it's personally exciting for me.
happy.gif
scouting for cute outfits. Hehe. Any idea where I can get cute costumes like a reindeer suit or smth?

HBB: I won't be able to get there so early, maybe only around 11.30am. You dragging the two monsters with you to the sale? I'm leaving mine with my mom and dragging dh along so he can drive me there

I am so needing a massage.. Today I brot K back to PD clinic cos he was coughing more and can hear the mucus flapping at the back of his nose.. Also went and ask for Hydrolytes (Pedialytes). Asked for sample FM, Similac &amp; Nestle NAN. Then went Marina sq JL, KP &amp; Mothercare, then visit my IPL doc (K made the clinc staff laugh so hard just by laughing), Robinson RP, then Paragon.. All just to make sure I gather enough stuff I (may) need for the trip. I went out w/o stroller and now my left shoulder is about breaking.. Good thing massage lady coming on Wed.

Oh dear! I forgot teething gel, ok, buy from airport, save GST..

BBEthan, K rolled over once, just now he tried, cannot make it again. :| K also cannot keep still when changing him, my neighbor say to give him a toy so he will use both his hands to "explore". It works for a few days, then now, he turned to one side and "studies" the toy, so his butt is still not on the mat.

YAn, K also startled very easily, now better. I dun really find the JFS help too much that why I stopped. Bu tmuy Indon gf really swear by it woh.

I hope I din miss out any thing.. I am gonna go back to my re packing.

teething gel - i just bot for standby, friggin ex$. dentinox, $17, more ex$ than my whitening toothpaste... sheesh

carters - anyone gg on sat ??

joanne - no worries, i had the milk but not the correct teat. another learning point for me. yup my hb so proud of his berms, showing off to me that he can carry bb, milk, bjorn, all at same time.

bestberries,
I have many NUK latex teats (disposable) at home, should have offered to ur girls... haiz...

Kim,
Received ur mailing addy...

Re: Photos on gathering
Mummies, I'm in the midst of copying the photos to DVD-R... keep a lookout for the disc in ur mailbox this week...
happy.gif

Joanne, just email u.. sorry..
Joanne, I think you hb really sweet, he v chin chai I think. He jus want to make sure the thing is there when needed. I found myself the same too, thats why u see I pack the whole house every time..

ETirto, not to worry, Nigel is normal! keke

Kim: How long are you away for? Can't believe you went out the whole day without a stroller, if I had to carry Max for that long my back would be killing me.

Kim,
Me &amp; hubby role reversal, I'm the absent-minded "hubby" while he's the hands-on "mummy"... keke...

Bbethan,
I was telling my MIL that almost babies at the gathering r much bigger size than Gen... some of the babies already exceed 9kg while mine still struggling to hit 6kg mark... aiyo... Think only Amanda &amp; Gen looks about the same size amongst the rest of the babies...

kim
thanks 4 the tips just! I stared blankly at a basket full of avocados.. dunno which one to choose
sad.gif
I was so lost then I suddenly rem u ever fed K w/ avocado b4 hehe..
happy.gif

Re: stop breastfeeding
I've decided to stop bf last Sat. In these 3 days, feeling so sad &amp; miss the pumping time actually. Somemore hubby last nite said shouldn't hv stopped if still got milk eventhough a little. My left boobie wanna explode today! So painful the whole day. Can't tahan already, I'm pumping now while typing haha.. heavennn.. but i'm gonna throw the milk this round.. I've decided to continue pumping &amp; still giving stacia bm eventhough it's onli enuf for 1-2 feedings/day. Until my supply goes ZERO..

FOZ,
haha.. he was slping cos he missed a nap b4 hand n played aft tat..so wen u all came he KO!..haha.. oh, cos initially, Sam asked n they said theres oni one more space left for 3pm.. so i had to go 2pm w Robyn so we wlndt be alone..=)
hee..

Muffingirl,
can i check w u.. is timmy afraid of dark places?.. cos i rem u bot this nite light or sth to place in the car rite?.. can i noe where u got it from? cos im thinking of getting for Jav..it seems tat he'll cry wenever we go inside the car at nite... TIA!..

Jillian, I will be leaving from 17, back on 31. Well, I did miss the stroller while he fell asleep. But I surely wont miss the stroller when I have to push it around the tiny aisle of mos of the stores I went or time I had to walk a longer distance to get the elevator (hehe sister here still not confidence to take escalator with stroller)..

Linda, I think we share the same sentiment about the fb. It's kinda sense of loss like "if I stop at this age, will he be ok?" and a sense of disappointment with myself for not being able to produce.
I had decided earlier last week that his last bm intake would be on Sat, however, on Fri evening, I was able to yield 1 feed from both breasts. I was so hopeful! Then my breast shield decided to fail me. On Sat, it tore and cracked my nipple. In the end, I also express blood, nd had to throw away all the ebm. I did not have time to express and did not have enough fluid intake, this morning, I latched him and my right nipple is still bleeding, so he took some of my blood along with the bm. (eee-u)
I will try express again to see what I will be getting. If no more bleeding, then like you, I will give K bm till my supply hit zero, else, I will stop so I need not bring the pump with me on the trip.

Agree that gymboree and jwt are better classes. i don't like MyGym. The one at Tampines is at the building opp stadium but facing the hdb blocks, where the former Raffles Medical Clinic was occupying.

Re: Carter sale
I'm going on friday cos happen to be on leave. Thanks for the info mrsC.

Joanne,
Your husband really very nice. Was so impressed that he helped me entertain my girl while I was busy playing with the camera and even helped packed up my camera! Stayed up whole nite to do up the photo?!?

Concussed. Bb woked up at 3.30am and refused to sleep, think her tummy a lot of wind.... Whining loud and non-stop, puke on me, slobber all over my shirt. I was threatening to slap her and sell her away, then tried to reason with her (daddy and mummy needs to work) but to no avail... The husband had to take over at 5am and took her to the next room to sleep in the yaolan. Sigh. Cranky baby. Now cranky daddy and mummy

hbb
is yr nephew on tbf till 18mths? he has any prob switching to FM after BM?

I'm having a headache. initially thot Amanda was rejecting FM. everytime i feed her FM, she struggles n only finish half the bottle. Yesterday hb came back n i asked him to feed her as she refused to drink anymore. surprisingly she finished everything. same happens a couple of time with BM too. when i latch her, she'll happily drink but not very long. so it's bottle prob or FM prob or she just doesn't like milk? now contemplating if to put her back on tbf.

one of the mummies rec hylands teething tablet, said very good, maybe u can try. i used teething gel last time, no use. paracaetamol works better.

OMGGG Kim!!! What a coincidence! I was like u!!! Decided to stop on Sat &amp; was able to yield more on Fri evening (my 'last' pump)! I even told coolkero that night..dunno to stop or not.. hahahaha... but I din pump on Sat, Sun &amp; til last nite.. but latching w/ cracked nipple is ouch ouch! Dun force it if it's too painful for u okie?! Sometimes, there's too much (good) things in life that we wanna offer to our lil ones which stress us out.. I just pray that God will lead us &amp; onli provide the best for our bbies.. not the best for the world! Well, let's see how long more we cud 'tahan' Kim.. GAMBATTE!!! hehhee..
happy.gif

Selling off Bellamy Rice Cereal for 4mths n above

My gal doesn't like it, so selling off the unopened pack at $5.50. pm me if interested.

Will also give away the remaining opened pack free.

Kim: Have a great trip! Its a lot easier to fly with the babies at this age, especially long haul flights since they're not that mobile yet. I use to "practice" taking the escalator with the stroller each time I had someone with me. Would pass my #1 to the other person and take the empty stroller up or down. After a while you get use to it.

hi,

i hv 1 tin 400g Nan 2 HA wanna exchange with similac follow-on containing Advance EyeQ Plus with Immunify ingredients..pls pm me if interested..tks !

Kim, sounds really painful. Mothers are the best. jiao you! K so cheerful, of cos makes other ladies laugh! But who was looking after k while you were doing IPL?

joanne/sam, both of your babies having the same gymboree fairy suit right? y didn't both of the fairies take photo together? haiz...wasted...

etirto

ya, it's at UE Square. Have u been there for a trial? I tried gymboree, mygym &amp; JWT, JWT is the one my boy likes best. And i least tired coz just let him run and participate in the activities. Gymboree &amp; mygym needs too much supervision &amp; participation on my part.

joanne
is yr friend doing professional photoshooting? very keen to bring her for one now.

maybe one day we shd put our barely 6kg babies among the 9kg babies and take a shoot. shd look very cute.

ETirto,
Maybe another occasion, that day she got very hungry after being in her fairy costume, and was munching on the skirt too, and the sparkly stuff was everywhere, I can't wait to wipe it off her. I got the other purple flower costume too but much bigger size like 12-18m, that one no sparkles, better. Till today, every now and then, I find one/two spots of sparkles, annoying... I'll bring the costume again, the skirt is quite poofy, cute for pictures.

RE: My cracked nipple
surprisingly it was not painful, but bleeding was serious unlike in the beginning can feel the stinging once nip is cracked but no bleeding. I wish the bm flows like the blood manz.
I m gonna try the new shield and see.

Those mommies using Avent, this is wat I finf:
1. the circumference abit small and crack nipple easily,
2. but seem can yeild more, cos my gf just give birth and already pumping 130ml and more.

Jillian, Thanks!
I did it twice with K inside, abit loon-chun cos both my stroller &amp; K are heavy, keke.

I just checked in for my flight, I got an emergency aisle seat although next to galley but better than Kaelem &amp; daddy's seat, 2nd row from front. Now we just need to use my better seat and trade for seats together. I purposely din link my booking with theirs when airline issue my ticket..

Japa,
I rented both.Think still best for you to bring bb to the store and let bb try out both toy before deciding which one to get. Diff bb diff preferences. I find them both to be about the same, but my girl prefers the jumperoo cos
- The exersaucer can rock in addition to bounce. My girl didn't like the unstable rocking feeling.
- Seat for the exersaucer is bigger and not as "deep" as the jumperoo. SHe's not able to support herself as well

Japa,
I would lean towards an exersaucer at this point after renting the jumperoo. As much as my girl enjoys it finally after 2 weeks of not doing much, there isn't much toys on it. But she's at a stage where I prefer her to train on her mobility than being in the jumperoo (it's being more like relief for the parent to do other stuff).

With the evenflo exersaucser, careful which model you are buying, not sure if the ones here follow recall rules like in the states, there are recalled models which are safety hazard such as parts that can pulled off and swallowed or parts that can be broken off (like a certain model of the triple fun exersaucer).

bbethan
my nephew was on mix BM n FM fr 6 mth cos my sis supply wasnt gd and at nit ehe keep waking up to latch
i tink partly cos my sis latch him to sleep tat y
but i ask her to giv him FM at last fed...he manaaged to slp thru till 7 nxt day.
he hav no prob w milk..basically he is milk king! he eat porridge and can cont w 180ml of milk ... power one haaa even now he see milk he will go heh heh heh askin to drink hehe

i tink amanda might b choosy over who feed her esp at nite
becos edna gt tis same prob...every nite i go bath ask dh to feed..i can hear screams n cries fr her.. aft 15 mins i out of bath... imm take over.she drink everythg up...

if u tink she dun like milk then u gotta giv her more porridge n etc nxt time.. some kids jus dun like milk...

edna had a record tis am..260ml in 5 mins! nvr se eher drink so much before..she ususaly take 15 to 30 mins...

sam
i agree
the jumperoo is more of a relief than a toy haha
when i wan to wash my stuff an dshe dun wan b in he rcot she goes in her jumperoo
but now edna can jump like disco liaoz... later tonit ei post a video on it hahaaaa

Back