(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Hi mummies,

Can check if any of your babies grown teeth? Manage to see my boy's 2 teeth just before he turned 5 months on 30 Nov. Does that mean he can be fed on solid food? Any of you feed your babies other food (like porridge with fish, carrot etc) beside cerea?

Wanted to grind some peas, plus porridge for my boy but not sure how to go about doing so and not sure if he is ready?

Really hope someone could advise me on this.

Tks.

japa haa some ppl r jius funny haa
oh ya i was aso askin fluid aka water intake whn bb start semi solids
pd say dn hv to b too much water UNLESS cos of e semisolid their milk intake is reduce.shesay milk + water add up to between 800-1000ml a day is enuff.she say poo def nt as watery whn on semisolid so ask me dn worry. since edna on abt 900ml a day she say dn worry. cn giv water as complimentary

LS...oops linsu hahahahaa
ya i tot ls snd weird bt i din say la wait scarli u angree hahaha

ehh gotta bring personalise romper as well? i try! ehh dn come too late okie cos i need run off early(again). for diplomatic reason hahaaaa i gotta lug edna along for a weddin w dh! arghhhhh

hbb
hahaha.. it's my initial @work so when i setup this a/c i can't think of one..just anyhow put..but frankly, i oso initially dunno that ppl here use LS for laosai.. kekeke.. :D no worries! i'm not that petty to get angry for such small things lah hehe..

personalised romper
i tot wud be nice if uniform.. for Joie not necessary cos' she'll be the commander(in green)
happy.gif

HBB,
hahaha..strong lil nana... all frm the cultivations of commando trainings!.. haha!.. ehh, i read the book it says pork is 2nd stage leh.. n yes, puree the pork.. i got the recipie..hee..
poor nana, mus haf gotten a shock wen yr dh smacked her.. mus b painful.. i sayang her.. hahahaa.. ehhh, yah.. the mag got say tat boy's speech mayb slow but can b cultivated over period of time.. we mus look into their face, hold them close n talk more to them... hee.. don worry la.. nana alrdy doing flashcards.. sure can catch up one!!
im using avent warmer.. it does tk longer to heat up.. normally i put in slightly earlier.. n i on number 1 n let it heat up slowly.. so it wont kinda kill the antibodies in the outer layer.. =D
anw, y cannot feed peas?..

Sunsweet,
i see.. i did tot of gifing gripe water to Jav.. n my mum did asked me to... but im tinking wad's the use?..hee..now i know..

BBEThan,
yaya, ive seen alot of cases in my prev CC b4... in a class of 8 children.. there're 3 girls the rest boys.. but the 3 girls progress v fast, gets instructions fast n unds well.. whereas the boys.. need time to digest n more revision.. yah, slowly will pick up along the way.. but still.. slower..hahahaha..

Japa,
i see..hee.thanks for the info!! =D

linsu
ok then i bring the romper along haaaa.. must snap fast ok .. oh yes ladybug is the headwear LOL

jes
she prob forget bout the smacking. it was mi last ntie cannot sleep prob traumatise by this incident! arghhhh bw i so sleepy haaa
peas is part of beans..likely to cause allergic reaction.. even soy bean also cannot leh.. i still tot use soy bean cook stock for her.. tsktsk

then again iwill bring her to skin prick test when she grow bigger mayb ard 9 mth..find out exactly wat she is allergic with.

just to share a tip on making potatoe puree..

Potato should not be pureed using an electric blender as it breaks down the natural starches and produces a sticky pulp. It’s best to puree potato in a baby food grinder or mouli – these are hand turned food mills which press the potato through very small holes to make a smooth puree. A baby food grinder is also good to use when pureeing foods like dried apricots or peas as it gets rid of the indigestible husks

Source: http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/babies-6-9-months/vegetable-puree

hbb, poor edna! I also sayang her. Hmmm many times i also feel like smacking my boy but i jus can't bear cox i know i will super regret after that. And it's true that they do not really know wat's going on now. They fuss mostly bcox they are uncomfortable in certain ways.

LS/hbb, wat romper are you all talking abt? Do we need to bring the personalised one for phototaking as well?

Jes, you bought the x'mas outfit for jav already?

Kim, i saw K's sitting up video on fb. He is very steady! GOOD JOB mann!

i use a potato ricer to press the potato if i need to make mashpotato but for bb food.. ehh liek mashy say use fork can liao lar! so little.. when i make huge amt of mashpotato for pasties.. i put in my mixer use the k beater n mash

kitty
unless lucius wan to wear skirt LOl else nvm hahaa
we talkignb out the fox skirt we bought during fox sale.. coincidentally we buy same thg so tot make the girls wear same skirt n take pic

bbethan ni saw vitakids gt a foodmiller.. i tink munchkin also got.. but seriously speakin i tink its all a waste of money!!!!
jus need to steam the vege well enuff then it is v soft liao. i am gg to use my pressure cooker to steam her v hard veggie.. thou i also hav the blender at home but i tink waste time washin extra item!

can i jus check w u girls
when ur bb go for jab aft tat do u feel their limbs more sweaty n cold?i notice for the past 2 times edna gt her jab.. she is v cold on her limbs n sticky likes weating like that.. cold sweat?

BBethen,

I think other then the phlips new steamer cum blender mean for making baby food.

I'm just going to use my small blender from U-like.. got them sometime back at Tangs.

I was thinking if the munchkid handheld ones are good too? As in output is fine? and is it easy to clean.. anyone tried that before?

sunsweet
agree tat the U like one is good! i have it for 5 yrs liao and its still 1 of my most trusted appliance in ktichen

hbb, yr edna milk intake is good at 900ml!
my gal Mia is only taking around 650ml on usual, and 700ml on good days! haizz...
she used to be very hungry but since 3-4 mths old, she is not so leh.

so many people have the ULIKE blender! so lucky one of my friends got it for me as a gift. a very good and useful gift indeed!
they say can blend rice also leh...

my U-Like is a loan item from my mum's kitchen cos she's using another blender for her chilli.

I was thinking of getting my own u-like blender but dunno Tangs still have them?

me thinking of making soya bean milk this weekend.. keke slurp..

mashy,

humm not fine then maybe suitable for those 10 - 12 months old..

i think only blender can make puree then..

otherwise the good old method of passing it thru seive will work for such small quantity..

sunsweet ya they still sell.usually giv free soy bean maker whn u buy blender set.e soy bean maker cn make fruit juice for bb too.

japa it cn blend almost anythg edible except ice as its plastic.might crack.
i blend brown rice w it last time.
2 diff blade. 2 blade is for dry stuff n 4 blade is wet or puree.

my gal onli start drinking 200-240 per feed 3 weeks ago.before tt she cn barely fin 150 hee

hbb
the U like can grind stuff like rice grains n ikan bilis? how is it diff from other grinder like Moulimex?

sunsweet
i remember seeing it at isetan scotts too.

HBB,
huh.. serious ar.. wahhh.. den nana haf to b a bit more careful wen starting solids hor?..
yea!... i xperience it... not me la.. i mean Jav will haf it..same.. cold n sweaty!.. actually he has it mostly.. esp wen he cries he will haf it..

Sunsweet,
is the ulike better or the avent blender cum steamer better?.. hmmm... cos i haven got any n wanna buy one.. but dono which is beta?

bbethan
can grind ikan bilis n rice. i gt a set for my sis aso.
i dn tink thr is a diff w moulimex.mayb tis consider mre convenient? cos aft u blend jus store in e same container.comes w 2 big n 2 small container n cover. moulimex cn chg blade? of cos moulimex mre ex!

bbethan,

i think moulimex some models can..
last time i survied with my Kenwood to puree the meat and veg.. but i did not mill any grains as its not meant to.

the sales person demo this u-like blender to mill dry grains.. thats how i got to know it can grind grains..

Isetan scotts have? humm but no sale.. maybe i'll wait for Tangs sales then i can use citibank card to enjoy some good discounts.

jes...
if u gt loads of pots or steamer at hm le i tink e philips one abit 'extra' bt if u dn hv any steamer at hm n need one it snds gd thou.

ya im takin precaution cos in cause outbrk...nvr ending!

hi mummies - does anyone still have the contact of TCM shop in tampines that process placenta ? mine still sitting in my freezer. want to get it done soon. already 5 mos !!

oooh... just few hrs din chk, thread aldy this long.. Took K to hospital cos suddenly after his 10am nap, his temp rosed to 38.7 degrees. Still feverish but can't find what caused it, so observe for next 2 days..
He is still as cheerful, I gotta uplad his cheerful video in fb, despite his temperature.

Jes, totally agree abt male being slow in potty train cos some men till old still pee everywhere!!

Lamagier, I hope your hb dun use hand on the little ones anymore. HANDS ARE TO SHOW LOVE, my dad's teaching is if want to hit, hit with cane and not hand cos we nvr knw how hard it can be for our LOs, more so on face. I felt my heart twitched when I heard your hb did that. Please dun do this anymore k? Please?

Din run thru thread in details so may hv missed something.. GTG, tend to K.

ChiyoJade,
Thanks for helping to check the diaper's price.
I've jus bought from NTUC. Huggies Ultra (that purple packaging) M size 64pcs selling $18.90, $0.29 per diaper, thats the cheapest I've seen thus far... Stock up on another 3 packs...
happy.gif

Re: Gathering this Saturday
Mummies going for the gathering this sat, please check your email. Can't wait to see all the babies in their Xmas / Fairy Tale costumes. Cya soon.

Been busy buying stuff and clearing up my "pig-sty" for the gathering these few days... Luckily I have the help from some of the mummies, else I'll go crazy from working and covering my preggy colleague's work plus organising the gathering... Many thanks!!!
However, pls be warned that my place still quite untidy coz I dun do housework... keke... pls bear with it wor...

robinson sale
very fruitful but burn hole in pocket.. for nuk teats mayb those who r wif tangs may wanna stock up there instd of at robinson.. coz nuk at tangs i bought the last time was 20%+10+12% so better than robinson wo... but the avent blender was super good buy.. Joanne dun scream ok.. me n gina paid arnd $120+ for it only... wahhahahahahha

Yan,
I almost pull my remaining hair off my balding head when Gina told me about it... Urgh!!!

My new year resolution: Apply for Tangs card, apply for robinson card, apply for Isetan card, apply everything!!! *faint*

Btw, who is interested in LNT classes?

joanne
btw can u resend me the email coz i cant seems to read it well.. haiya dun liddat.. u were the 1st to get the blender.. so hor wen u get the latest n fastest means u pay more jst like electronics stuff lor.. console urself tis way dun pull ur hair leh.. mine is balding la..

wat is LNT by the way...

HBB,
Edna sure progresses in her mobility fast, was tempting Joie to move forward, still need to find that one object to tempt her. Joie doesn't have that sweaty feet, but she becomes very quiet, like going to the PD is only for jabs like that lol.

Linsu,
sure, but her custom-romper don't match her commander skirt leh, might dress her in that outfit first for her staccato class, then later change to the xmas outfit (which is still undecided, cos haven't received my loot... only a santa hat to fit the theme)

Re: Robinson sale - wanna buy pigeon spoon/fork
reading the post on my phone while waiting for my pickup today, almost feel like going cos I used the pigeon feeding spoon from the foodmaker set to feed, and it was so much easier for her to clean the spoon that I feel like going to buy the pigeon spoon/fork. then on second thought, already got a few sets, sure kenna scolding. must ren the urge...

Joanne,
Tangs card don't need, can wait for closed door sale with citibank, splurge all you want, and I think spend $150 entitles you to the Tangs card... just a sticker pasted to the back of your citibank card only.

sam
she not onli sweaty feet
sweaty cold hands as well..weird
jus nwo she was fightign sleep..weird that she fought sleep now cos usualy she will sleep already.. wonder if she is cranky cos of that otherwise she seems ok.
abd she is oppersite as Joie.. she talk so much today! and i notice she now can go on tummy use 1 hair n pull the hanky off her head(if we cover her head w hanky) quite amusing hahaaaaa
i like joie.. she laugh so happily! sat pls ask Joie to each edna ok!!!!

Joanne,
LNT classes, I'm interested if there's trial... Think I need to go reread FOZ's post on LNT at Parkway. East side got PP and Tampines.

Yan,

I've resent the email to you...
happy.gif

Btw, I still can't find the shampoo u recommended... haiz... any other brands for balding heads?

LNT = Little Neuro Tree

oh tat one... ok... someone gave me a hand mi down set.. but ehh i threw it away cos the grater looks a bit yucks... mayb they din wash properly..
i bought the grater bowl one w cover.. hope it serve me well!

Sam,
Thanks for the info on Tangs member... I almost wanted to apply for another citibank card again...
As for LNT, I've actually emailed them last week. They've called me yesterday and informed that only the LNT, HQ @ Bugis is offering classes for babies of our age... Coz their teachers @ Bugis r much more experienced in handling young babies... However, they no longer conduct any trial class. If any of us wanna join the course but dun wanna sign up for the entire term yet, we could form our own class of 6 babies and attend 3 classes (each class cost $50, thus total is $150 for 3 classes). I feel like going but only after Jan when Gen reaches 6 mths.

Back