(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

hi mummies,

sorry to intrude again! i'm from feb09 thread and looking to sell a BNIB tube of elancyl stretchmark cream @ $20, throwing in a half bottle (not sample) of palmer's stretchmark cream...

been using palmer's until a mth back when i developed rashes and gynae prescribed me her cream, so now both are gonna be white elephants...

do pm me if u are interested, thanks...

hkbb
My gynae said OSCAR is to be done between 11-14weeks.

ning
Thanks for info! Too bad my gynae dun have package anymore now. I pay when I visit him.

Mommies out there, have u all started using anti stretchmark oil/cream now?

hi gals

i'm back. Kenna jabbed and given progesterone. Apparently i've a polyp and that could be the cause of the bleeding, but anyway she just gave me jab just in case. And can only see sac as expected. Just a mere 0.6cm. Like very small. When i scanned my boy last time, the sac was already 1.3cm. And it's abt the same time i went to see the gynae after i tested positive.

Hey Mashy
Glad you found out what happened and it is now looked at. Aiyah, size does not matter so much at this stage - 0.6cm is reasonable. Mine is also around there when I last saw the gynae. Had lunch?

LS
Re OSCAR test, I prob will do just the ultrasound test, the other one sounds so invasive! Plus this is my second pregnancy and I am not yet in the high risk category...unless strongly advised by my gynae, I think I will skip it.

Confinement lady
After a discussion with hubby, we decided to source for one. I guess most of you booked yours already huh? Is there anyone else you know is good, but for some reason or another, not hiring her? If yes, can I have her contact please?

mashy,

saw tat u are with Dr Eunice Chua,I was with her for my #1.u are in good hands!! do take care!
happy.gif

Mashy
Glad you are well... Do take care n rest more ok? Dont worry, 0.6cm is not small. Its quite ok. Mine was 0.7cm during my last visit.

Hkbb, my next appt is at 11 weeks. Bt, I may visit him 1 week earlier to check. Will wait and see. Ya, its definitely hard to recover. I was feeling so weak too... lucky now better. Bt, still occasional coughs. Just thinking if sick too long dont know if its gd for bb a nt. Though my friend told mi its ok as bb is in their own world.... as long as no spotting, severe cramps etc.

Hi all, is your tummy showing nw? Or not much diff. Mine just look a bit flabby, bt like not too big tummy yet.

Sheryl,

well he did say is gonna be off for 4 days during hari raya period but did not mention exactly when leh..maybe u wanna call and check?

Mashy,

glad to hear that too...rest well babe..

hi mummies,

went to the gynae yesterday and think i am only in my 5th week of pregnancy...so gynae had to do a vaginal scan instead of tummy scan...cos cannot see initially with the tummy scan...anyway all i saw was the waterbag...nothing inside...i hope nothing goes wrong....gynae told me to go again in 2 weeks time....i hope by then would see something....wasnt like that with my first pregnancy...so kinda worried but my HB say i am a worrywart...so keeping fingers crossed....dun even wanna tell my boss first...cos dunno what will happen

mypreciouskeagan
i tink a bit too early leh.. many says by 6th week thenc an see the sac n baby.. be patient oki...
dun b too stress up

Gals

Glad to know that 0.6cm is ok. Coz it's only half my boy's sac size at abt same time then so a bit worried. Shall have to eat durians to make it grow bigger.
happy.gif

My gynae actually advised me not to go HK and said she can write letter for me. But i think i'll still go ahead. Her rationale is that if there's an emergency, i might not know where to go but coz my cousin is staying there and she's preg too, i suppose i'll just go her gynae if there's any prob. Anyway my gynae's also on leave during that period.

purplelace
she also delivered my no 1.
happy.gif
That's why decided to go back to her.

mypreciouskeagan

Don't worry too much altho i know u sure will. One of the forum mummies also couldn't detect the sac at first but later found it. It was coz it's just too early to see.

But if u have shoulder pains, or any sharp pains, better go and check again.

oh yah, for those who don't like CL to stay at your place, u can get from TMC. They supply CL too but they only take care of bb and cook for u. They don't stay overnight. And u will know for sure they're pro breastfeeding.

hi mashy,

glad all went well for you. My SIL also suffer from polyp. The gynae asked her to go for surgery to remove it but she want to seek a 2nd opinion. What did your gynae says? Ignore it?

Mashy,

Do get more bed rest ya.. I was given progesterone when I have spotting when I carried my number one.

LS

Think you can still collect the receipts from your gynae and do a claim when you register for delivery.

Yes.. I have started on stretchmark cream.. using clarins now given by a friend. Nice, not too oily or creamy. No strong smell too.

josey

My gynae did a swab test and I'm to see her next week to decide what we need to do abt it next. A bit concerned though coz some articles said it could cause miscarriage. But there's also other articles which said better to just leave it alone if it's not big.

Just went for my gynae check on Mon & Thur ( abt 6 weeks ). Viginal scan done on Mon can only see the sac but can't detect the heart beat. Dr advice to do HCG level check & repeat it again on Thur. On Thur, HCG checked show increasing of HCG level but heart beat still not detect. Was priscribed with an tai medicine & to visit the Dr 3 weeks later. Kinda worry...

Hi all,

Such a long time I didn't login. Coz everyday feel tired and weak.

Surprise to see the Jul09 MTB list. Mashy, thanks for updating the list. You must take care, ok! When you do the next round of updates, pls add me:

Beverly
Birth Order #1 & #2
EDD: 15 July 09

For gynae, I'm currently seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC but I might need to change to a KKH gynae after Dr Wong warned me for the high hospital bill for twins. Still cannot decide now coz I really like Dr Wong's service lah. How???

Huh…spent quite sometime to trace back my previous posting...kekeke...

FOZ, thanks for the link regarding twins. It is useful.

HBB, nope, mine is naturally conceived twins. My gynae also surprise and asked if I took fertility pills when TTC. Re the parenting course, have you registered? Can send me the details?

Mashy, thanks for your advice. Ya, I am considering KKH and now looking for a good gynae who is nice and experience. Thinking of Dr Benjamin Tham. Anyone is seeing hime now?

To the rest, thanks for all your supportive comments. Really appreciate that! Am trying my very best to rest more. Sometimes I even take urgent leave to have more rest at home coz too tired. Never feel so tired before……

I've been having continueous brown spotting since yesterday and fresh blood bleeding twice. Now it looks like I'm having my first day of menses but all these without any cramp or pain. I've called my gynae and he asked me to double my duphaston dosage to 6 per day and see him tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be fine...but we are also prepared for the worst....

RE: MIL
Wanna complain a bit here. Yesterday, attended her mother's birthday party. I haven't even confirmed my preg with heartbeat and everything and she's telling the whole world that i'm preg! I'm so pissed with her! She totally doesn't respect my wish for privacy. I told her becoz I respect her as my MIL but she just has to tell the whole world even before my preg is confirmed.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>Birth Order </TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD> EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainbow</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>hkbb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyethan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Tham KF</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Han Bao Bao</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>dorisq </TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>3-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>jasminechen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Enidmummy</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>4-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sheryl</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>7-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>HKAZ</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>DR KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>9-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hopper</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>10-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ning</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>11-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>LS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>11-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazelle</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>11-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>14-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>bunbun</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>15-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>blessed09</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>15-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>cecelia</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>20-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaz23</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mashy </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Josey</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunsweet</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FOZ</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kittyng</TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Madeleine Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>December</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH/TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tracy lazy</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Beverly</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi josey, just try to rest your feet slightly high on the pillow. My best frd did this when she had a severe spotting during her first trimester. It helps alot in reducing the spotting..

Mashy,

Dont get upset about your MIL anymore.. Thinking about it or getting upset about it wun do anything good to your health and the bb.. Since she already announced it to everyone that attended her bday party... Most importantly is that you get enough rest, take food that is good for you and your bb.. And also to stay happy and think positvely!!

beverly
i cant seem to send u email leh.. can u pm mi ur email addy?
i haven register. i intend to register for the nxt course (aft 1st tri) mayb we can go together hehe

josey
pls hav a gd rest oki.. dun move ard unless necessary...

sheryl,

I cant see any diff in my tummy too.. same as u its jus look flabby..dunno its my fats or wat..somemore i think i loose abit of weight.

josey,
My spotting stops after I double the duphaston dosage. Hope everything is well for you.

mashy,
I think ur MIL is just being happy thats why she announced it.. anyway its good news so dun be get upset over it.

hazelle

the issue is that I haven't even confirmed the preg. Haven't seen heartbeat yet. It might be good news for now, but who knows? She should at least wait till everything confirmed then she can go and make her announcement for all i care.

Question,

When will you inform your office that you are preggy?

As i can claim my Gynea visit from my office thus I'm not sure if now is too early to inform them due to the claims?

During this bad economy period, i am a little hesitant on informing HR and my boss at the moment..

I informed my boss when I'm 8wks. Need to inform them early so that they will take into consideration when planning for next year's deployment.

I informed my mgr in my week 6 at least he will understand the need if i had to take urgent MC or leave due to my condition.

Anyone felt any aching pain at the tail bone area? I felt like an old lady now that i have to get up slowly due to the aching pain..I'm full of problems... haiz...

I informed my boss in my week 6 too.. just in case I need to take urgent leave.

Mashy,
My MIL also informed the relatives liaoz..I have not detect my bb heartbeat too. Take it easy, what's done cannot be undone. Just relax and enjoy this period. Cheers =)

Hi mummies, sorry to intrude again...

I would like to exchange the following:

1. 01 BN tube Elancyl stretchmark cream (Will throw in a half-used bottle of Palmer's stretchmark cream as well. Was using it till a month back when rashes appeared and gynae prescribed her own cream. So, will not be using both already.)
2. 01 new unopened tin 400g Mamil Mama w/ expiry date 17.08.2009

For BN baby items like NB diapers, pillowcases, bolster case and cot mobile... Vouchers are welcome too! Please PM me for queries or further discussion, thanks!

Mashy, relax ya. I know how it feels. That time during my prev MC in feb... My mil also announce to the whole world. Soon after, she did again to annouce the bad news when she know of my loss. I hate it. It was such a tough time for mi to go thr then. This time round, I told both my in laws n mum not to annouce until after the first trimster. I did it in front of my hubby coz he knows how I feel n he will back mi up too.

Anyway, whats done is done. Ignore her. She maybe just being happy. Take gd care of yrself n bb ok?

i hvnt inform my office yet. Feel like telling them after my first trimster. Furthermore, some of them here r anti kids. Sigh... wonder how will it be when they know I am going on ML next Jul.

Hi all,
I had MS ever since I knew I was preggie. Bt, it stopped yesdae n todae. I should be fine right, since no cramps or spotting?

hbb and mashy, like you said...i will more or less still think abt it everyday..and worry about it...anyway my next test is on the 09th...hopefully then will see more things...

oh can you add me to the list too. thks
gynae: dr joycelyn wong
hospital: TMC
birth order: #2
EDD: TBC

josey, hope everything is better for you now...

i havent told my bosses yet, thought wait till everything more or less stable...somemore since cannot see anything except the waterbag...

I went for my 1st check up on sat.

baby was 5mm big, gyne showed us bb's heartbeat though i cannot really figure out :p.

Can see water bag, and some remains of the yolk sac..

Due to my previous case of anemic, my doc prescribe mulit vit for me earlier this time.

sheryl
my ms stop for 1 week exactly too
i dunothe reasonw hy and got worried
but another mtb assure me is fine.. and true enuff aft awhile the ms came bk hehe...
dunt ink too much k.. so long as no other pain or bleeding shld b fine..

mayb ur ms stop now becos u caught the timing to eat when needed and ate the right food...

nowadays my ms not so bad unless i smell process food (even yellow noodles) or garlic in the food.

so its good to trace wat ur body cannot take and hav lesser ms =)

Thanks HBB for yr advise. My hubby also says it could be due to first trimster ending soon... so MS lesser. Its his rationale. Haha! ;p

Congrats Sunsweet! Cool...

Re: Telling office

yeah, me have not informed as yet too..but perhaps will do so after my next appt in Dec lah..

Re: MS

MTBs, I have been drinking Perrier Lemon Carbonated water (unsweeted) like when I have my pathetic breakfast...its really like nibbles nowadays...am very careful not to eat quickly even if my hungry.. The water really helps me to burp easily and faster...$2.50 per bottle at NTUC..you can try if desperate like me to avoid MS...

Blessed09..

I too have to almost nibble on my food.. + now I can only take about 1/2 the portion I usually take.

I'll try the Perrier drink you've recommended.

Cos i'm running out of idea what to drink.

but these few days i relaise a warm cup of Milo Kosong (no sugar/ milk) in the morning will help a little on the "wake up pukey feeling"..

Talking about food, the only thing i can eat now is beehoon, kway teow, chee cheong fun.. anything that is yellow (made w egg in them like yellow noodles and even egg) turn me off..
I nearly puke yesterday while bypassing a korean stall, think someone ordered the grilled fish set.. It really freak me out , luckily i had laksa (pungent spice) to distract me.. Durian has that effect on me too.. but i love durian b4 preggy leh...

I'm starting to run out of ideas to eat during lunch..there are only 4 stalls in the foodcourt opp and starbucks at my office lobby..Thinking of self cook and bring to office..

MrsC
Yes, I had it for couple of times whenever I was too tired during the day. Maybe too much of sitting, standing &amp; walking with heels (even those low ones). At night, I like to put a pillow to support my back. It'll be fine the next morning after a good rest. But make sure the pillow is placed correctly &amp; u feel comfortable with it. Sometimes, I didn't know what's happening after I slept so it's moved from its original position. This will make the pain worse in the morning. Anyway, just make sure u lie down &amp; get some rest. It'll be ok soon.

Sunsweet,

oops..milo is a sure NO NO for me nowadays...and since the gynae asked me not to have any coffee, have also stopped it...sigh i used to survive with at least 2 cups of kopi...not anymore...little sacrifice for my baby..

MrsC,

yeah, tell me abt...so sian of the food here...but homecooked food also not possible for me...cant imagine waking up earlier and preparing food..guess gotta live with the fact ...

Food for lunch,

i think i can stomach yong tau foo.. but the problem is the portion is like too much for me for 1 sitting..

sigh..

last night my mum cook nice curry veg.. but i cannot take more than 2 spoonful of it.. sigh so shitty.. i love spciy food but cannot eat..

Have been talking to BB now to let me eat in peace :p

Back