(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

foz, tks for adding me.

linsu, i gave fish/threadfin to Mia today and she loves it. till now everything is ok.
am going to try pork next week.
i guess pork and fish are the safest choices to start with.

peanut

i think 12mm is gd enough for crawlers. i've a 12mm. it's not too soft n it's easier to move about. even when she topples over, it's not a hard knock. 15mm will provide better cushioning. i also wonder if my gal is crawling earlier coz i always put her on the mat to practise crawling n sitting.

TJE, Kim, Dino-mum,
When's your swim class? We shifted sat class to 10am cos 11am too hot... She's really good. Haha, her mil, dh & middle daughter were all amazed at how 'bak bak' MR legs were. And I impressed her MR's triple fold of tummy meat. hahaha

FOZ,
Thanks =) I have good swimsuit models (Edna, MR..... and their daddies) for my water shoots ~

TJE,
I smsed you. Saved your contact from the gathering at the Dino's... Errr, does that make their place dino-cave?

Peanut,
I go 15mm Parklon Playmat cos I kiasee. And I couldn't bear to buy a >$300 18mm playmat....
it's a great buy actually, now permanent fixture in my living room. just that have to use wet cloth to clean regularly cos the grooves can trap dirt easily

mummies, anyone has those plastic milk bags that u want to sell, let me know ya...want to buy it for keeping soup stock.

Lamagier,
our lesson at 4pm start after CNY...
happy.gif

Thanks for yr encouragement ladies. But I really do look preggie at certain times. Thanks to my shape wear underwear to keep my tummy flatter.(yet to try the famous Spanx)hahah
yesterday was really not my day. Naomi fell sick for the first time. she got runny nose and fever 37.9. cried the whole nite and today also. haiz.

etirto - you're not alone. i look preggy at times too. that day when i went for pedi, the manicurist look up at me and my tummy and congratulated me... :x

HBB,
hahaa.. realli? i tot it was opp.. i tot u were the one who owaes kept straight hair..haha!... i haf serum thou.. i jus bot the lotion n the curls did came out a lil better.. hehe..

Sam,
jus smsed u!.. hehehehe... i'll go w ya!..=D

TJE: Yes her place can get pretty hot. Dh is always melting when he is waiting for the kids to finish their lesson. Sharon's hb was commenting on how cute Ju en is. Did you see the little blue slide in her garden? My daughter and her friends were having so much fun climbing up and sliding down into the pool.

Etirto: Hope Naomi gets better soon!

jes
when my hair is short i will rebond if long i will perm. but tis time rnd opp cos i din wan to managed my curls cos of edna so rebond instead
u go fb see my old potos hehe

jillian
today i almost melted lor!! hw iwish i can jump into the pool!

Etirto,
Hope Naomi gets well soon!

hbb,
Gimme a shout if you come to the ang mo at my place! If I'm around, I can meet you. :)

TJE,
LOL! OK, if I got lobang for Birkin, I'll let you know! As for me, I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a bag...In the first place, I dont; have that kind of money to spend on a bag! LOL!! I think for me, the whole family must drink water forever!! And I think in terms of holidays - how many places I could go with that amt of money! LOL!!
I know of a shop that sells branded clothes that are cheaper than elsewhere, brands like Karen Millen, BCBG, (around S$200), Pucci, DVF, etc. But old collection adn it's kinda like you try your luck, one or two pieces only...if you want addy of know of any of these type places as well, let me know!!

BbEthan,
I'll check for the milk tom and let you know. Today, I saw, at Cold Storage Cluny, that Nan HA 2 is $40 plus! Almost $6 difference! *faints*

HBB,
ahaha.. ok i go see see look look.. hehe.. see hw lor.. anw i don tink my curls will last long oso.. most most by den rebond again lor!..hahaha u noe surprisingly, the hair really nvr drop leh!! aft washing hair today i oni saw like 5 strands on bathroom flr!!!!.. i took a walk in my hse.. whole hse v v v lil hair.. hahaha.. i soooo happy!!!

Mummies,

I'm super super angry today... I've already wrote in a complaint letter to the cab company but still I'm angry...
We met a Road Bully today who hurled Hokkien vulgarities at my lil Dino, here is the translated meaning: [bastard child, kena f*** by others, etc]... Those who knows Hokkien vulgarities will know wat words that idiotic cab driver used...
my husband was driving along New Bridge Road when he had stopped at the traffic light as the road towards Chinatown was congested and he could not move any further coz sure kena stuck inside the yellow box... That stupid cab driver keep horning us to move... when we move after there is space in front, that cabby overtook us, stopped beside us and wind down his window... My hubby also wind down his window trying to tell him that he could not move coz of the yellow box... but the cabby jus hurled vulgarities at dino-dad... when he turned and saw me & dino in the car, he started to direct his vulgarities at me and after that at dino with angry stares and gesturing... kaoz... I'm so angry... how dare he used that insulting remarks at my dino... i dun care a damn if he jus used it at dino-dad, since its quite common for drivers to flare up while driving... first time i encounter such unreasonable driver, a cab driver (service provider) somemore who even "extended" his "flowery" Hokkien "Vocabulary" at innocent passenger... worse still, directed (keep using his finger pointing) at dino while scolding... I can't imagine any of the babies here encountering such driver on the road... such a super bad experience for dino...
I'm still thinking whether to write in to ST Forum or not...

Dino mum
OMG!!!!! most cab drivers are bad but this one is ultimate!!!! i just told my hb abt ur incident, he said he'd haf beaten the cab driver up liao! (but it's wrong to hit pple 1st) U managed to take down the taxi plate no. right? go complain them till upside down!

Winnie_mummy,
thanks for the info... If sat also have then would be great coz only sat, sun can bring Dino there...

Hbb, Winnie, chiyojade
I drafted the email to ST forum but haven't send coz hubby say to wait for the cab company reply first... If not satisfactory, then forward to ST... I have high threshold tolerance for hokkien vulgarities, super used to it esp with the ppl I deal with... But hor, normally ppl scold "mother" only... This fellow, first time I met such uncle using so vulgar words to scold the kids as well... Worse than the super hard core ah Beng I met...

ya gd idea.. wait for their reply n see how..
i dun understand why they must drag kids in lor.. they r innocent! sigh...

Till now, the string of hokkien flowery "voca" still rings in my ear... Trying to shake them off... I hope that none of u here encounter such idiotic person ever again... Quite traumatized for young babies...

TJE,
yup yup... I was controlling also... In fact all the times... I hate my job coz I always restricted by so many rules and regulation... Haiz... If it's ur hubby's car, either of u will sure get down the car coz the words used were realli too much le... I almost f*** him back but the thought of the stupid rules hold me back... If only I'm in private sector... Haiz...
In the end, we didn't go Chinatown to buy stuff coz I was boiling mad... Dino-dad got to u-turn home...
sad.gif

Dinomum
Goshhh!!! What a bad day! I hope it's a happy Sunday for u n family tomorrow (errr..today) maybe u shud tell us which cab co n car plate, we'll write a few more false complaints so he could be sacked! (like what hbb said)

Foz/japa
Thx! I've only prepared pork stock today cos I woke up late (my 1st Sat off YAYYY!) n my hungry 'small ghost' couldn't wait anymore so just fed her with pumpkin n sweet potato leaves purees. I'll make porridge tomorrow with the stock n meat.

Etirto
Oh noo..hope naomi gets well soon! My hb just commented tday that dunno is it bcos I've stopped b/f, stacia gets sick easily nowadays (a few sneezing occasions n low grade fever). Make me think if I shud add the colostrum powder into her milk (one of mommies here ever mentioned, I forgot who hehe..)

Dino mum, I hope you have the plate no. Even if you are not a passenger, bad publicity will ensure the cab company do more than give a warning to the driver. Which is why it is important to "blog" abt it, try your luck with ST interactive, Today, Lianhe, Zaobao, etc. Firms don't care unless it hurts their bottomline, you do that by affecting their image. The driver reflects the type of firm ComfortDelGro/Silverab/Maxicab/SmartCab* is. Power and influence are your best friends - you get that through the media. Add sentences like "such drivers endanger the lives of others by showing a complete disrespect for the rules and guidelines set out by the enforcing authority.", "The cab driver is often one of the first local person a tourist meets after stepping out of the airport. Such appalling behaviour would certainly affect the impression formed in the traveller's mind." and "While I understand he was trying to ferry his passenger to his destination as quickly as possible, was it truly necessary to hurl expletives directed at my 7-month old?"

I sugges you call as well, to make sure your point is heard. Explain calmly and inform the person (take her full name) you expect an answer within the next 2 days.

*Delete where appropriate.

Dino-mum, I'm boiling with you too as I read your bad experience. ***DAMN THAT STUPID NO-MANNERS LOW-LIFE IDIOT*** MAY HIS FINGER THAT USED TO POINT CRASHED, HIS EYES THAT STARED DROPPED OUT, AND HIS MOUTH THAT USED TO SHOOT OUT VULGARITIES BE SEALED!

OK, I'm mean at cursing, but I feel he does not deserve gentle reprimand.

Ah if the other driver is not a cab driver, then TJE is right, you cannot do much, however, the other driver IS a cab driver, so there are avenues for you to address your grievances. Cab drivers are on the road so much more than the rest of the commuters, the circumstances extenuate your actions.

Even if I may not ever see the guy again, by pursuing all avenues of getting back at him and one of these works, I make sure he remembers me. And better still if he does not get to do that to some other kid. I have nothing against cab drivers, but this one is obviously a big bully.

So many birthday parties these past few weekends, I am super tired. How are your Sundays so far?

Gina... err... I tot you would have slapped his face and kicked his ass.

Even if he is a random driver, you still can lodge a complain to TP as long as you have his car plate number. Once, my ah-beng friend after being bullied, he followed the car all the way and threatened the driver. He said: "Now I know where u live and I remembered your car plate number. So you better watch out and be on guard 24/7." Normally this ppl would not dare to pursue the matter further bcos they knew they were wrong at the first place.

My gal is so much faster than my boy. She's starting to crawl on her knees, tummy away from the floor! But if she needs to get to a place faster, she'll still revert to her more familiar commando crawl. All these after she turned 6 mths and within a span of 3 weeks when she started sitting, then commando crawl, and then normal crawl. So glad I'm witnessing all these milestones.

For me, I would not even wind down the window or take notice of the person.
I will just pretend to be a blur stupid female driver, like that I can't even hear what the person say or see what fingers the person is pointing.
Use our gender stereotype to our advantage!!!

They will just say "stupid female driver again".

But then if anything else happens, I have my lawyer on speed dial and his name cards in my wallet :p

Dino-mum, OMG! I hope you have cool down by now. As FOZ said, you can blog it out. release your anger. If that's happening to me, I think I would have stunned and didn't do anything. At least you have taken down the taxi number.

Naomi's fever has gone down. Only left with the runny nose. Today she's as cheerful as usual.Thanks God, it's only 1 night. She suprised me by pushing up by herself from crawling post. Luckily it's not like Edna who can stand up. Naomi was half kneeling half squating (the proposal post heheh) and happily chewing at the cot rail. LOL
My teteh said, usually when the baby just about to be able to do something (like first tooth, or first crawl, etc) they will fall sick. Old wives tale. But it's good to console ourselves. I blamed myself for bringing her to Fidget on last wed, she must have catched the virus in that crowded indoor playground, full of toddlers.

LS, I breastfed nigel for almost a year but then he fall sick easily. he kepts kena flu from 3mths onwards! then he will have no apetite and cranky for a week. so frustating. on the other hand, I only breastfeed Naomi for 3 mths, but then only on 7mths she fall sick for the first time, & within 1-2days she's ok already. Don't feel so bad about your BM, it's just the virus season. Now it's my turn to feel bit uncomfortable on the back of the nose. Got to fight it back! no time to get sick!

Chiyode.
I always get the fashion deals online. I'm an online shopping queen! heheh..my wardrobe is full of Marc jacobs dresses which is just one-third of local retail price.kekekek..
No, I won't buy a birkin either, unless I strike the CNY toto.

TJE- now I cannot even afford a flap. so sad. Dunno y I didn't buy any of that when I still can afford it.

Re: Allergist
I'm considering taking Char to an allergist when we return hm next week. Any recommendation? Has anyone taken your older child for a blood or scratch test for allergies?

dino mum - wah lau i got so anygry reading your email i went to google. its an OFFENCE under the PENAL CODE !! i dont believe the cab driver can go scot free with warning. i would like to see him get at least some demerit points. by the way, is it the red union cab? see section 504 of penal code.

Intentional insult with intent to provoke a breach of the peace
504. Whoever intentionally insults, and thereby gives provocation to any person, intending or knowing it to be likely that such provocation will cause him to break the public peace, or to commit any other offence, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.

happy.gif

My little darling fell asleep on his own for the first time.
He usually needs to be carried & rocked to sleep.
After his milk feed, he was so active - talking & kicking that I kinda used 2 adult bolsters to gently wedge to prevent him from flipping onto his belly (& puking the milk out), and used my legs to hold them in place and let him talk to the ceiling fan lol.
I was surfing facebook on my iPhone for a bit. The. I realized he has fallen asleep.

Really wanna hug & kiss him now, but that will wake him.

happy.gif

Re: cab driver incident
I would not have pursue it with a written complaint if not for the fact that it has affected my dino as the cabby had scolded the vulgarities DIRECTLY at her... Being driver, such incident of "sending regards to their mothers & stuff" are v v common, yes i agree... normally the drivers would jus scold and yank at each other, after "paying all the due respect", its case closed... But never ever have I met such a driver who drag in the innocent baby to scold as well... That was the first time for me throughout my 7 years on the road...
To write a formal complaint to the cab company is to let the company take note of such driver who seriously need some counselling and anger management coz he certainly was not in the right state of mind to drag a baby into the commotion... The customer service officer who attended to me was so shocked when I told her the exact words that their driver had used to scold a 6mth old baby... Of course, I would not rope in police in this matter... I know pretty well how they work and wat case they would take, so no point roping them in... FOZ have a point as the driver is cab driver, there are avenues to address the grievances... At least an apology to me & my daughter... also, by shooting in a written complaint, the cabby would be placed under internal investigation by the company due the case conclude... well, that alone would make him panick, reflect on his action and think twice about scolding babies/young kids while on the road in future, esp so if he needed this job badly...
If its a random driver, given my temperament, I would have asked my hubby to chase after him and i would personally "send regards" to him... and no, i would not lay my hands on him since it would definitely place me on a losing end...
Peanut, I used to behave like ur ah-beng friend b4 i started working... keke... I was alone driving but the other car has 4 male in it... I wonder y I was so daring in the past to gave chase and &%$^&^&... oops... both r random drivers so no one will pursue them like u mention...
happy.gif
well, i think almost all driver would wind down window to scold, i do that too... but i control myself when there are kids in the other driver's car... and never will any person in their right state of mind scold the kids in such situation... it would normally be a driver vs driver commotion... so that makes the cabby stand out as a road bully...
Etirto, yes... I've cooled down after a night sleep... and able to analyse things in a rational mind now le... yesterday was too angry to do anything...
bestberries, yes u r right... actually its an offence under C. 224 (Penal Code), C. 184 (Misc Offence Act), etc... but hor, v seldom they would use Penal code, most probably Misc Offence and the driver would be slapped with a Fine sentence of a few thousands in default 2-3 days stay in the "Changi Resort"... if the cabby already has criminal antecedent, then it would place him at a slightly losing situation... i thought i would only need to refer to my AGC statutes at work, now it does come in handy... :p Btw, it's not the red cabby company...
happy.gif

TJE,
It really does depend on many factors, not necessary must have a video clip, other eye-witness then there's a case... V much depend if the person wishes to pursue the matter, the record of the driver, antecedent, the testimony of both parties (if both parties have dubious testimony, lie detector would be used), motive, etc... different from the process of car accident... for this case, it's defamation... often, such cases is words against words... I see such cases coming in often, sort of expected wat will happen... But no, not pursuing to that level...

Personally, I expect an apology from the driver/company... and also, the company better ensure that the driver is counselled not to do that to any kids/babies ever again... anyone whose babies or kids are treated this way are bound to be mad at the person... Mummies, do be careful when travelling on the road... remember to cover ur kids ear & eyes from the commotion... I failed to do that coz I was too stunned to expect that he would scold my lil dino as well...

etirto
hahahhahaa.. yes yes! Simei's teteh also said if baby's feeling unwell, they're gonna learn something new/'upgrade' themselves soon.. so illogical thinking huh?
happy.gif
u take care! vit c/redoxon every morning will help..

RE: Daiso Date (VIVO
Heyheyhey, since I already got the Diet Therapy book & Hand-me-down high chair, I also dun need to go so far for Daiso..

Let's so This coming Wed, 10am meet Daiso entrance (like those Japanese SAHMs who'll loiter in front of the shopping malls waiting for them to open..)

1. Kim
2. Elsa
3. Kitty(?)

Muffingirl, wow Timmy is super size!! Hey, I think those with appointment should be given priority, esp the first one!! When I needed to see K's PD w/o appt, I was told I have to wait, and yes, I have indeed waited 2 hrs that day cos I cannot take over ppl's slot. But I was also glad they accommodated by slotting me in between 2 other patients with appt..

I was just telling FOZ to make the first appt after doc's lunch time cos dun need to wait.. I hope they keep it that way if not it's not fair.

RE: Nasty Cab Driver
Dino mum, write to Straits Times and cc LTA, they are also in charge of the cab licenses.. Just writing to cab company is NOt good enough. Even writing to LTA is also not good enough, have to publicize in ST.

RE: My Phuket trip
FOZ, hahaha, it's more dramatic than a TV series, or should I call it Lemon Snicket's a series of unfortunate events S.E.A version?? Gotta let Joyce tell you about what K's god father went thru..

Back