(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Hi blue dream,

We do not have to go for the same classes. Just need to register together to enjoy the group discount. So kids can be of different age groups and different classes.

toffeecat: Thanks for the info, I've returned the 2 packs of Pampers to NTUC
happy.gif

toffeecat : Yes I had the same experience with the new pampers active. We bought many packs from cold storage during a sale and had to return them coz my daughter got diaper rash too. I thought her skin might be too sensitive. We are now using Mamy Poko and it seems to be ok.

Hi mummies

I do read the thread on and off and im from july thread but gave birth earlier in june.

My boy is also on pampers active. But recently coz i itchy backside went to get huggies pull up pants for him to try and end up having a nasty bout of rashes on him.

He is recovering and i need to get more pampers but am concern with the experience you ladies are having over the new version of pampers active.

Any idea where i can still get the older version? Also my boy is very sensitve as i tried drypers and huggies all failed as he started rashing after using a few pieces. Please advise..

Cheers!

hi mummies

I have called procter n gamble regarding the issues of the new version diapers giving a rash reaction. They do request that mummies call in to make a report on this and they will reimburse the medical bill if any.

Hope tis helps :p

hi, i use to use huggies dry comfort, but i think the newer version seem to be very stiff and hard. MIL complain say too hard, no good for boys....i stopped awhile, n using pampers cos softer...i did use the new version of pampers 12hrs, but seem to be 3-4hr still very bulky n wet already..n the fitting seem abit different..but luckily my boy didn't get any rashes.

do u all have problems with huggies dry comfort being too stiff? i started to use again, cos cheaper, n my boy seem to be tugging at the pampers, like it's uncomfortable...hai..now not sure what other brand to try...high cut of huggies seems good for him.

so the old pampers active shld be ok?? not sure if they are phasing it out with the new 12hr one...??

Pampers cruisers..it's super EX.

Sylvia_Ng:
Carrefour might still be selling the old version, the packaging is small packs in a hard paper box. I bought it few months ago and it was the old version. Still see them selling now (Suntec branch)

Jeni: I'm using both Huggies Dry and Huggies Dry comfort, and not sure if it's due to change in design, we just started to use the new stock about 2 weeks and they leak 3 times so far.
The Huggies Dry comfort never leak before at night prior to this stock...

my son cant use huggies dry comfort.. he gets diaper rash.
so far he use drypers got no prob. at night use mamy poko.
i use 1 size bigger for his night diaper cos can absorb more urine.
but must wear tight fitting pj's otherwise may leak.

dolly, maybe your boy now grow already so the usual size a bit too small so leak?
or could be lost weight ard the tummy so also can cause leakage. that's what happened to my boy when he lost weight then his diaper leaked from the top!

Diaper rash:
My girl is also using Pampers active, so far no problems. But not sure if it's the new or old one. Don't dare to go into her room to check now cos she's sleeping... Couple of months back we ran out of Pampers, so bought Mamypoko and it caused her to break out in a horrific diaper rash that lasted 2-3 weeks. Before this, she had never had a diaper rash before. Piled on Desitin Creamy, then changed to Desitin Original, then later brought to GP (cos PD closed on Sunday) and used the prescription cream, all no effect. By then it was angry red, had spread EVERYWHERE, and GP said it had become infected. Only the cream that PD prescribed worked. It was many days of virtual hell, cos resorted to wearing cloth nappy or not wearing anything at all, and had to chase after her to wipe floor whenever she pees. Applying cream also became a ritualistic event - blot to make sure genitals and butt absolutely dry, massage in PD's cream, then cover everything with Vaseline (PD's instructions). Now have an almost complete pack of MP diapers sitting at home doing nothing. Irritating.

If I'm currently still using the old Pampers, then I wouldn't know what to do once my supplies finish, cos very scared to risk getting rash from the new type
sad.gif

Anyone using Piccolo (or something like that), the brand that has the baby Looney Tunes characters? I received a sample of it and it seems quite thin and soft. Wondering if it is similar to Pampers..?

tubbymummy,
wah hw come MP has such horrific effect on S? for me, i hate pampers. it smells terrible and it will leak... MP is ok... but so far the best is huggies! the blue, red, purple! purple is the best!
happy.gif

tubbymummy: i havent tried using Piccolo but I saw the kid my nanny also taking care of using it.
Can see the urine colour thru the diaper. so maybe quite thin.
But now his parents have reverted him to Drypers.. so I am not sure if it is good.

Diaper rash: guess each baby reacts differently to diff brand of diapers!
let's look forward to the time our tots will be diaper-less!

I'm currently into my 3rd tri already.. and now anxiously considering all the child care options for my son when he turns 18mths old.

I've done some research and there is a school of thots that say putting children under 3 in full-time day care will have detrimential effects on the kid.

anyone can share their thots on this?

currently my son with nanny but considering putting him at CC next year as it'll be cheaper by $300.
but after reading steve biddulph's book, am having doubts.

18mths is it too young to attend group daycare?
some say kid will become more independent and sociable but I think being with nanny can also be sociable..

Any mommy interested to share with me Enfalac A+ 900g Netherland version at $39.50/tin?
Expiry date: at least 1.5 year from now.
Self collect in Bukit Panjang. Pls pm me if keen.

ya the new huggies seem to leak once or twice too, n really stiff than last time. when wet it becomes very narrow and yellow too. old version seem better...strange...why all the new improved version seem worse than old version leh...huggies n pampers ..maybe they cut costs n use less good material...=(

MP the waist band seem less elastic, n it's more ex than pampers right? anyone using XL already when baby only 11kg?

jeni, i'm using mp xl and boy ard 11+kg.
but only at night cos the cutting quite generous and will definitely leak if wear in the day.

hai went to giant to get pampers promotion, but large and xl all seem to be the new version liao..no more old version....only Medium got balloon stretch..alamak....

re: new huggies
din know there is also a new version of huggies. i tot the diaper saga was over when we switched back to huggies ultra. think wkend have to go supermart to check it out.

tubbymummy, ya now i also very scared of buying diapers. don't want to risk her getting rash again...

wau tot pamper is the best y like that. I'm using one of the cheapest.. fitti & huggies blue one. bought 3 pkt dryper pantz & MP pull up haven try yet hope no rash.. any one bought trainer pants? i wonder what's the diff btw 3 & 4 layer. will 4 layer be too warm..?

Ah ching, rdg childcare.. i also dunno which is better. in my opinion nanny pros is got less divided attention, more care & love cos better bonding to just 1 child. no need tk leave wn child have diahorrea, fever. childcare little contagious cannot go sch. childcare easy to get sick but PD say it help them to build immunity cos later soon or later also must fight infection outside.

cons is sch more activities, likely more sociable & independent, unless nanny very systematic & good in teaching,nanny likely to be more sticky to certain pple unless oftn brg child out, nanny sometime also human one person need to go toilet or distracted sch have more teachers to see but also more children to fight with each other get injury or what. creditable nanny hard to find just like maid sometime can be very scary...

tubbymummy

My boy gareth oso an avid fan of pampers! now so much mafan really dont knw what to do anymore. I tried the pampers cruiser for the 2nd day and his bum abit redish.

Any mummy know where to find the old version pampers? Pampers cruiser is now on sale at NTUC so any mummy who like it can buy to stock as its very cheap now. Cheers!

Dolly
Thanks for the tip but we i went to find XL its all in the new packaging oredi.
sad.gif

SylviaNg, no problem! But your baby uses XL so fast?

Ah Ching, I think my boy kind of getting skinny, maybe that's why it leaks. But we also notice that the Huggies "break" internally ...wonder if it's the cause of the leak too!

BTW... saw on Today newspaper that there's Clarks Warehouse sale at Tampines Safra today and tomorrow.
Upto 70% off. Leather footwear for men, ladies & kids!
Thinking of going there later, he's outgrown his old Clarks.

Dolly

My boy been wearing xl for a while since he was 11kg n now he is abt 13kg... So I spend a fair bit on pampers!

Any mummies do c the old version pampers pls let me knw as gareth even rash from using mamy poke.. Many thanks!

Sylvia: Wow, Great! Your boy is growing progressively! My boy is 10kg at 6 month, and now at 17 mth, still below 10kg, but grown taller so can imagine how "thin" is he
happy.gif

dolly

past 2 weeks my boy dont knw y sudden lost appetite and i realise he got rash on both legs. Plus the diaper rash dont help at all. Now i desperate switch back to goo'n.. Really heartpain payin for the diaper la..

At least ur boy is growing la.. so its ok and better to grower upwards then sideways! or got weight prob oso headache.
happy.gif

Pampers:
NTUC and COLD Storage are having promotions for pampers..but i think mostly have changed to new packaging..but u can always try your luck and see if there is still any. Medium still have old version. Large seems mostly OOS, while XL are new stock.

Maybe change the pampers more frequently even though it's stated 12hr, then will not get rash. i change mine like 3-4hrly....so was ok when i used the new version.

createjoy: thanks for your feedback!
I've decided more or less to let my son remain with the nanny.
he's with her for the last 8 months so I think wont be changing his caregiver as he'll have to adapt to a little new sibling.

my gal will also go to the nanny and nanny will be charging me $1k for both of them.
so more or less the $$ will be same if I put at child care.
but I have negotiated for 5.5 days instead of 5 days.
i think maybe 18 mths a little too young for school setting the full day..
hopefully I can bring him for enrichment classes/ swimming on Sat. and spend 1-1 time with him.

my nanny has other family members in the house, and neighbours who have young children.. so my son also meet other people.
sometimes she will bring him to market or NTUC or Northpoint for jalan jalan..
Twice she brought him to take MRT!

Only down side is nanny spends little time on educational activities.. cos she lets him take 2 hourly naps twice a day!
but will be asking her to cut down to 1 nap a day in december.

the best part is, she will prepare his dinner for me and I just microwave it for him when I reach home.
saves me a lot of time and ensure he gets home cook food ;)

Hi Mummies, I have some baby weaning food to let go.

1) Nestle Graduates Puff (Peach)
Each: $6.00
Buy two at: $10
4813261.jpg

2) Nestle Cerelac (Rice & Mixed Vegetables)
Each: $4.00
Buy two at: $6
4813262.jpg

3) Nestle Cerelac (Brown Rice)
Each: $5.00
Buy two at: $8
4813263.jpg

Further offer: Buy all 6 items above at $20.

Interested Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

ah ching 2 kids for $1k & with dinner is very good price! hmm ya no harm lah since he already been w that nanny so long no prob w her.

dolly, half day school cost abt 80% of full day school..

i think i class a week is good enuf for our kids' age.
when they are ard 3 then can attend more classes

hi all

not sure if anyone can remember me. i am dropping by to say hello to all :)

hope everyone's is doing well and baby is growing well too!

Ah Ching: Wow, so much more expensive.. but then full day class, half the time the kids are sleeping.... maybe that's why it's cheap?

Fang: Hihi! How's your gal?

dolly: the reason for the cost is becos they need to pay the staff at the centre.
it is more costly and difficult to employ part-time staff.
so usually they have to employ full-time staff.
and also the opportunity cost as there are guidelines to how many children u can have per area of the school..
so if 1 child go morning class, but nobody taking part-time afternoon class, then the school will waste the 'space'..
but this apply only to childcare centre setting.

i know there are some school that offers 3 hourly classes near my nanny's area.
will consider those classes when my boy is older ")

anyway how is K doing with the nanny? will u be considering putting him in school now that they are going to be 18 mths old?

recently my boy like quite close to the nanny as I am working longer hours and preggy..
makes me feel jealous and uncomfortable
sad.gif

Hi dolly

how r u:)

my girl is growing alright, i guess. she is still a little bit bald, haha. not much hair, like me when young. still being misunderstood to be a boy even if she is in dress.

she is running and can utter a few words. but man, does she know how to whine to get some attention!! like, she will lie on the floor, with no apparent reason, scrunched her face and pout her lips and start a little whining.

but not those persistent whining type. she just wants some loving. hahaha.

how is your kiddo? u in hong kong or in singapore now? it has been yonks since i checked in and i hope all have been well! will take some time to re-read the posts :)

Hi Ah Ching, I'm thinking of putting baby in full-time childcare in Jan. Let her go & socialize. As I'm also working full-time, I also end up spending little time with my girl.

Hi Fang!

Hi newmum0109, my girl sucks her thumb too.. she sucks the left thumb & my GP said perhaps it means she's left-handed.
happy.gif

Hi newmum0109, how to wean... I always have to remove her thumb after she falls asleep. She used to be sucking her thumb only when sleepy or when she's hungry. Now it's almost half of the time or when she's watching TV.

Thats really cute! Like we crunch peanuts while watching tv, they chew thumb..haha. Does she suck her thumb during sleep cos she's hungry? Mine does, until she wakes up eventually.

Another thing i want to seek advice from mummies out there.. how much water do you give your kids? I mean plain water, not mixed with milk or food. How do you get them to like drinking plain water in the first place?!

newmum: to encourage my boy to drink water, I have 1 cup of water within his reach.
Will offer him the water after he has taken any food or every 15-20 mins.
Put one bottle of water at his sleeping area so that he can drink when he wakes up at night. or playing in the play yard.
I dont give him juice, only once in a while liang teh like barley and chrysanthemum.

It is also important that BB is able to suck water from the cup.
I tried a few types of cup as I noticed my boy drink less water if he needs to suck very hard to get the water.

Back