(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

mummies, my gal has been on cereal for the past 2 weeks and i plan to introduce pumpkin puree to her tomorrow. so far she takes 4 TBS with 30 ml BM. Can I just add pumpkin puree directly into the cereal and mix together or I have to mix it separately with milk first before adding to the cereal? Or i have to feed pumpkin puree separately for 3 days before i can mix it?

sorry, so many questions... thanks!

Dear all,

can I ask those who made passport for baby. Must we make a trip down to immigration? How many photos needed? If I take my own, you think those photo shop can develope them as passport size? thanks.

<font color="3D6EB3">wow! toffeecat's ger is coming to 11kg?! and i tot mine was oredi big @ 8.3kg.

<font color="2B4D7D">@tubbymummy</font>
my world has turned upside down eversince my ger arrived. i can only get some 'me' time to surf net in peace when she sleeps, which explains the unearthly hour of my post. even so, she will keep waking up as if she noes tt im nt asleep yet.

<font color="2B4D7D">@createjoy</font>
i tink u shld change to a bigger size diaper le cos the size difference is mainly in the length of the diaper n tat shld cater for more leg space. shld still be able to stick @ the waist..

i oso had the same experience feedin nestle cereal. its v liquid no matter hw little milk/water i add. it makes feedin v frustrating for both my ger n me so i changed to HT cereal.

when our babies start semi-solid, their waste will definitely harden (nt as loose as when they were only drinkin BM) so tats y may be more difficult to pass out n they choose to keep it in instead. u'll hv to let them drink more water lor.. sweet potato helps for my ger. can c her stomach 'deflated' after she passed motion 3x for 2 continuous days n the consistency is quite soft.

<font color="2B4D7D">@MaryG</font>
I seat my ger in the Bumbo chair on the floor. Will switch off tv when feeding so she can concentrate on eating. i will 'poke' her lower lip wif the feeding spoon and say 'Ah' to prompt her to open her mouth if she does nt automatically do so.

<font color="2B4D7D">@ahnetsan</font>
i strongly recommend the rubber bibs with a 'bin' to catch food. i was using the cloth bibs n its quite difficult to get rid of the sticky porridge bits. like tubbymummy, i prefer washing bib than cleaning the whole eating area.

<font color="2B4D7D">@newmum0109</font>
my HT brown rice &amp; barley cereal occasionally shows up brown/black specks but i tot nothing of it. maybe its the husks/bran or something? it shldnt b overpowering. if it is, maybe u shld contact the mfr?

<font color="2B4D7D">@toffeecat</font>
can share hw did yr PD arrive @ the milk vol of 500ml? is it weight dependent or? i haven sourced for a PD yet, so far only seeing GP. wonderin if i shld schedule a visit wif PD to do a routine check on my ger.

<font color="2B4D7D">@bbaug</font>
i read the box leh.. it says 5 tbsp is 1 serving for brown rice &amp; barley. 8 tbsp = 1 serving is perhaps the oatmeal?

<font color="2B4D7D">@jling</font>
since our babies can eat barley cereal, y nt barley water? but juz dun add sugar.

<font color="2B4D7D">@doveyc</font>
if yr ger has no prob wif cereal (since she has oredi been takin it for 2 wks), it is alrite to mix new food ie pumpkin into it. the familiar taste of the cereal will encourage her to eat the pumpkin together. in the event she shld develop allergy (touchwood!), the culprit is the pumpkin there is really no hard &amp; fast rule on hw u mix the food but watever works best for yr baby.

for me, i try to let my girl hv different tastes for the sake of variety. eg wif brown rice cereal, avocado and apple, i will let her taste the original taste of each food n oso mix &amp; match brown rice wif avocado/apple.

<font color="2B4D7D">@lfb</font>
u can apply online. i personally find it more convenient n can save $$ no need to develop passport size photos! *grinz*
http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=125

FYI, children are no longer able to share a passport with the mother. they r required to hv a passport of their own.

<font color="2B4D7D">@everyone reading tis</font>
sorry for my long winded post. :p</font>

jling, i do give my boy barley water. i use chinese barley, no suger added. i dun use alot of barley as well, a small handful.

hey girls, anymore last orders for HT? email me at [email protected]!

re: serving size
Erm, i gif Hailey abt 6 -7 tbsp of brown rice or oatmeal. Barley i gif abt 5 tbsp. This is excluding puree.. i will adjust the amount of cereal i put in according to how much puree i add in..

newmum0109, I also wanna avoid washing blender haha, so was very happy to discover that pumpkin very easy to mash. Carrot a bit harder. maybe steam longer will be ok, but I was afraid that if I over-steam, all the nutrients will be killed off.

Firstmum, thanks, feel more assured now! Only Organic cereal IS heavier/thicker right?? I went to buy another box of it, cos found the HT one a bit irritating haha. Now I mix both together. Read that barley cereal promotes bowel movement, so I add it to her meals.

LFB, like rosel said, apply passport online easier. Think the processing fee is $10 cheaper too, and can submit softcopy photo (cropped to their requirements), so can save the trouble of developing the photo into hardcopy. Once processed (3 working days I think), they'll send you an email and a postcard with a collection date. Be warned, sometimes u have to wait a few hrs to collect the passport. Also, learn from my fiasco: don't submit photo of naked baby
wink.gif

rosel, same, that's why I post at stupid times of the day too haha!

Baby jetlag: Breakthru! Finally got Skyla to sleep at about 10pm tonight! Huge improvement from 5am! Maybe 3 more days, and I can get her to bed at 8.30pm. Otherwise I'll settle for 9pm too. Woohoo! Finally, after 2wks of crazy hours... Now the problem is, I got used to those crazy hours, I'm still up even though she's asleep. *faint*

tubbymummy,
so happy to add pumpkin to the 'just mash' list. anyone knows more of such category pls shout it out haha

how do we shrink the photo to the small resolution required for the passport? kept rejecting mine cos file too big..

Newmum, I can't access it either! I read somewhere tt potatoes and sweet potatoes should nt be blended. Mashing will do cuz blending starchy foods make a very sticky pulp.

LFB: For passport, take photo at home first, remember to wear some clothes...else like TubbyMummy one's got reject hahaha. Remember to bring baby down when you collect the passport, else they won't let you have it. And schedule the time from the internet before going down too, when you are there, just scan the slip at the self help kiosk so that a ticket will be issued to you without having to join the long queue.

bbaugustine: Mine also din poo for the past 2 days! Luckily he just poo when I was latching. My friend told me feeding him with apple might cause constipation, and pear help pooing, so we quickly feed him some pear (scratch scratch kind) and he poo a few hours later! Wonder is it's just a conincidence...

bbpotato: Yeah, I'll get my hubby to collect the calendula cream from you on weekday (west area right?), thanks for taking the trouble of ordering.

<font color="3D6EB3"> <font color="2B4D7D">@newmom0109</font>
u can use photo editing software eg photoshop. maybe i can help u out. u email the photo to me?</font>

Hi,

many thanks to all for sharing the info abt making passport. Also remembered to dress boi up when I took his picture again today. Yesterday's was not right, so tried again.

Dolly, thanks for the info regarding scheduling time to collect. If not, I sure black face if they make me wait and wait! I am hoping that now not travelling peak, so queue shorter. Sigh.

Today let my boi try pumpkin! He hated it! He was like really fedup, with crossed brows and crooked mouth. Ha ha ha! After 3-4 spoon, he refused to open mouth! Think I can stop giving him that. I will get my mum to buy fishes tmr and give him porridge! Think better.

The thread suddenly so quiet today!
My boy at last seems to sleep, but on my bed! Was trying to put him back to cot since 10pm, but failed 3 times and he wanna suck for more again... was pretty determined not to, but it's almost 1am and still fussing! Now he sleeps but looks like will wake up again if I put him back to the cot!

jamie,
that's a good tip. must remember.

bbpotato,
i still can't access the page. hmph..

rosel,
thanks for the kind offer! i just realised i can use my camera to change the resolution

dovey, u can try cold storage. It's not available all the time and I think it's only at some branches. I have bought once from the one at United Sq but realized the one at Novena Sq doesn't have!

dovey,
where u stay?
I got it at the Punggol plaze wet market, can get it at cold storage compass point too.
maybe you call the cold storage near your place to check did they carry Australia Pumpkin.

anyone bought safety gates? any brand to recommend?

rosel
oh really? the bigger size is length long? i tot waist bigger, hmm ok let me finish the remaining 2 pkt i have then try a bigger size..

Morning mommies
happy.gif

nesher went KKH las fri to book for the ear tag removal operation &amp; we decided to postpone it til he is older as the risk is he be put to sleep so he wont be struggling &amp; the risk is death due cos he is small lossing of blood &amp; giving un certain amount of anaesthetic. we think it better to wait till he is older as they jus remove it while he is awake.

toffeecat- wow yr gal is really heavy. Nesher wt is 8.99kg las fri &amp; ht 72cm
happy.gif

he loves water since he was a small baby
happy.gif
taking water will help him too poo soft stool..

bbjun- kekekekeke i suspect cos we put him in the jumperoo &amp; he loves to jump tat might cos him to shoot up high...
happy.gif

hubby side family r tall.. his two bro are 185-186 tall. only my hubby is 170 tall.

tinybubu- i love yr gal's curly hair
happy.gif
she so beautiful

tks bbjun and ecmom, i stay in sembawang... my mum told me the ntuc at woodgrove in woodlands has australia pumpkin, but i've already prepared the one i bought... will go check out next time...

how do u gals thaw frozen puree? i bring it down from freezer to the lower compartment the night before, then steam it before my bb's mealtime... mine is stored in the babycube.

tinybubu... i just saw the link u posted... your gal is so cute! can't wait for mine to do that...

annie
what's ear tag? is it a must to remove?jayden also 9kg n ard 72cm leh hw cm nesher look more chubby haha

so far haven frozen puree cant advise..

morning!
thanks for all the comments on sophie.
we usually post up clips of sophie on you tube as my in laws are overseas and this is the way they get updated on sophie's achievements.

sophie's curly hair is really very worrying.LOL! i am using loreal kids grape conditioner as well as Gaia Hair Detangler because if i just shampoo her hair, we cant comb through it (it gets very tangled...

yuck..time for me to start booking my massage lady + getting prepared for my confinement period AGAIN ... deja vu.....

createjoy/ annie,
your boys are soooo big and tall! mine is on the heavier side but only 65cm. i can imagine your boys must look like they around a year old? i guess their clothes should be 12 or 18mths size?

toffecat,
you lil princess is amazing too!

dovey,
i thaw in the fridge overnight then half an hour before mealtime, i let it stand in hot water for 20 mins (i change the water 2-3 times).

createjoy- it an extra skin hanging on his ear just like me..i got it too but my hair cover it..
it not a must to remove it but we wan it to remove so he will look more handsome
happy.gif

yr boy don look chubby leh &amp; he hit 9kg already??? hmmmmm something wrong wif the weighing scale couldnt be leh..kekekkekkekeke

Firstmum- nesher wearing 18mths old romper
happy.gif
las fri i brought him to IMM &amp; he was standing near an one yr old toddler &amp; guess wat LOL.. nesher is almost as tall as she.

first mum
ya he's wearing 12mth clothes. n those CNY clothes i bought is 18mth.

annie
ya lor he 8.5 already last mth, last week i weigh him 9kg already. the method same as bbjun tk weigh w/ him minus w/ out him. haha he got heavy bones.. or his face less chubby meat..

createjoy- i not too sure nesher got heavy bones but colleague was saying he is not overwt but he quite tall &amp; his skin really firm &amp; nice to carry except he like to pull off ppl specs.

beemom- i having menses 3 rd day las weekend no swimming for nesher

beemom
tinybubu is expecting a boy. good hor, she so lucky 1 of each gender.. best sia...

annie
not nesher heavy bone lah, i meant jayden. nesher got more firm meat jayden dont feel got much meat to pinch lah mayb bone heavy hahaha

hey hey swenson now 1 for 1.. manhattan fish mkt 30% off. anyone very eng want meet up for lunch??

re: HT orders

the lady says that meat jars ie: dinner jars are not available. those who ordred meat jars?dinner jars, do tk note! =)

createjoy, i very eng! jio me ba! lol!

annie: i dun allow my boy to crawl in the living room due to i have 3 dogs... a lot of dog fur lying around so not advisable. i make the spare guests room into his playroom. placed his bumper mat there so he can crawl n roll happily.

tinybubu: watched sohpie's video. she is so adorable lo!!! i love her curlies! agree with new mom, she really look like a doll!

newmum0109: i saw the specks too. saw them in the brown rice cereal &amp; oat cereal. think should be normal ba. if u worried check with HT? i will steamt he vege/fruits with skin on then remove the skin n blend into puree.

toffeecat: wa! how did u manage carrying yr girl? she's a tall girl! i think i did mention about playing with toys becoming bad habit. i refused to let son watch tv/play during meals but in-laws kept breaking my rules... so no choice for me...
sad.gif

tubby mummy: thanks! finally i get to know that ngoh fish is called threadfin. by slicing the carrot into thinner slice it will be easy to mash after steam.

new mom: thks thks! still waiting for him to crawl forward. i saw his upper front gum is swollen and able to see white teeth still wrap in the gum. should be sprouting soon i guess.

bbaugustine: ya. majority babies will crawl backwards before frontwards. some bb even skip the crawling phase n start walking lo!

createjoy: i suggest u bring him into the shop with you next time. at least u will be able to keep an eye on him. i make sure i feed him with 1 cube of fruit puree everyday to help him poo.
so far poo has been regular.

jling: can let bb drink barley but dun add sugar. becos majority bb/kids once u feed them nice yummy juice they wont wan to drink water.

dovey: i will prepare the cereal mix with milk while warming the puree before mixing. it is ok to intro new single food with food that they ate before &amp; have no allergies. 3 days apart before introducing new single food. i thaw the food the same way as firstmom.

rosel: i find it easier to feed bb on bumbo seat. cos he wont try to stand up. but his thighs are getting bigger

ecmom: could be becos we now have a lot more chores to do so easily tired so thus easily frustrated.

jaime: when is date line?

re: so sweet
i slept with my arm stretched across above my bb's head last nite. i duno how but he managed to roll onto my arm and hug me to sleep in the middle of the nite till morning. so sweet lo!

createjoy- we can compare both babies when ther another june babies gathering
happy.gif

deer deer- mine also little hair..
happy.gif

MaryG- envy..yr boy got his own playroom
happy.gif
Nesher playroom is kiddypalace in Jur Pt kekekkeke

Back