(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

not yet zzz... just came back from early supper with hubby... had some bbq chicken wings and satay, den after tat, selgie soya bean milk and beancurd... was feeling soooo hot and sweaty... and yet feel shiok from gastro therapy...

<font color="0077aa">Tubbym~, then maybe that's the way the bird's nest was supposed to end up...?

ahnetsan, like I said... Four Season's Durian is now all the way at the end of Joo Chiat Road... the other end AWAY from Katong. Don't be lazy huh. If nothing on, why not join for gathering? Chey!

> Re: Applying stretchmark cream on tummy
Should use both palms and sweep in firm upward motion, not circular. As sweethalo has said, according to WBB, if use circular motion, can "rub out a contraction". *shrugs* Anyway, with most things, we stroke upwards against the pull of gravity ma - neck, breasts, arms, legs...

> Re: Rashes
Not sure if you should be using powder leh... Whenever I get skin irritations (cos I have eczema as well as rosacea on top of generally sensitive skin), the way to go is always moisturise. As far as I know, powder is harsher on the skin and depletes moisture, slowing down the healing process. So if possible, get fresh aloe vera, chill it in the fridge and cut whatever you need to help soothe, moisturise and promote healing of the skin.

Blurmom, I've only bought take-home tub twice EVER. I buy from various places leh. Sometimes Jurong Point, sometimes CCK train station, sometimes Suntec City if I'm in the central area... I think every fortnight/month, they intro new flavours, tt's why I got to try many many diff ones. =)

Nozomi, Whoa... long time no see. Your princess doing well? I agree with you, J.Pt doesn't seem to change their flavours as oft as Suntec and CCK train station. HUMPH. Mayb you should check out CCK instead.

Giant's books seem more soft cover and inferior compared to B'Basah. Not THAT cheap... only the lousier ones are really cheap, I find. Sometimes the language contains some grammatical errors. So I don't like them very much. Sorry!

amk_gal, yay!! Nice commuters! Long time no hear from you too... Do you teach in a mainstream school? Sometimes it gets busy, forget whether bb moved or not
happy.gif
Your students sound so cute.

creamer, your face chubby meh!?!?! PLEASE LA! *growl*

dolly, WBB was referring to great big circular rubs around the navel. I think it's good to rub upwards cos we want everything to defy gravity ma... but small circular motions shouldn't be a problem in my reckoning.

innocentwar, *hi-five!* On a REALLY HOT day, I tuck my PJs into the underbust area as well. =)
</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, neeciel &amp; Jam75 gathering RSVPs noted with thanks!

hapeverafter &amp; tiny_bubu, will you be able to join the Central Gathering? Pls RSVP via PM.

<font color="ff6000">Ahnetsan, Blurmom, Caramelle, Lovelytulips, Nozomi</font>
Audreyaw, bbPotato, BlueDream, Fatmom, FirstMum, Jetaime, Mika Rei, Vibe, Xuan

Kindly confirm attendance for gathering <u>by Sunday night 2400hrs, Monday morning 0000 hrs via PM</u> pls.
</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Confirmation of Central Gathering</font></font>
<blink><font color="ff0000">*Gatecrashers NOT WELCOME as reservations will be made.</font></blink>
<font color="aa00aa">
Date: NEXT Friday, 17 April 2009
Venue: Shokudo @ Basement 1, Raffles City S.C.
Time: 6.30pm til late
happy.gif

<u>Confirmed Attendees:</u>
Bbaugustine, Bbjun, Cassey, Creamer, Createjoy, Fifi, Innocentwar, Jackie, Jess Ma, Kikismom,
Ling, Shelisa, Sweethalo, Tubbymummy

<u>Apologies from:</u>
Bing, Chidori, Dolly, Dovey, Jam75, KateLee, LFB

Organiser: Cassey</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, sometimes I'm on for a while... just that it gets really quiet and I'm not tt into tv programmes so nothing to contribute.
happy.gif

Plus tmr public holiday neh!! Haven't gotten any massages lately.
sad.gif
You?</font>

<font color="0077aa">What's on tv?! Haha... I use that to try to figure out what she's doing. *grin*
Maybe she's having a romantic Geylang supper with her hubby dearest?

*Going off soon. Hubby wants to get some work done on this laptop. Check email!</font>

yo everyone!! happy holiday!!

creamer, btw, the choosing of chinese names no need to see the 'shen cheng ba zhi' ar? cos initially i also wanted to name my boy, but my mil INSIST she wan ask her shifu in hk to name, den need to wait till bb born, get the bb's time of birth den can name.... u planning to give ur girl an english/christian name?

innocentwar, ur supper sounds so yummy!!

wah cassey, i alrdy used powder last night le.
happy.gif
i finished johnsons powder long ago and my snake powder looks very 'old' le, so i used the aloe-calamine liquid powder, those old school kind selling in medicine hall... supposed to be soothing n cooling... but i used 2x le, nw still feel a bit itchy leh... guess it doesnt haf any effect on me.
sad.gif

ur method of using chilled aloe vera sounds super cooling, but hor, im staying wif inlaws now, so nt very convenient to buy, if nt mil sure ask this ask that one, damn irritating one.

Morning!
Sweethalo and Cassey: Thanks, I'll change my way of oiling my tummy
happy.gif

Today super hot! Just went out for breakfast and I need to bath again

I went to see gynae and went for my detailed scan yest...so happy that baby has turned already hee. His head is now at the bottom. I pray that he doesn't turn back up again! The sonographer estimates that the baby's weight is abt 1.45kg and everything looks fine. Thank God. I am abt 32 weeks now...counting down.

My baby was sucking his thumb again yest and his hands were covering part of his face. He tends to do that everytime the detailed scan is done. I wonder if he is shy=p

Shelisa, you went for your scan already?

<font color="0077aa">ahnetsan, my skin's improved heaps these last few years and I'm usually too lazy to get a whole HUGE slice of fresh aloe vera. Need to cut it some more and will prick myself on the thorns. *humph* How abt just getting pure aloe vera gel and putting tt in the fridge lor! Watsons has a wee little bottle of clear aloe vera gel with a blue cap for only abt $5, I think.

dolly, you're most welcome! It HAS been really warm and really really muggy to. DAMP DAMP DAMP! Rains are coming! *Off for the wkend*

sweethalo, chidori, bing, if you do come in today/tmr, see u at class!!
</font>

Hi ladies, i'll be MIA for sometime, my laptop crash 2 weeks ago, my HB laptop also crashed 2 days ago. Now at my mum place... cassey pls sms me if there are any changes to 17 apr meeting as i can't logon for long.

anyone has lobang for repair laptop? not wking leh really heartpain to send for repair. oh btw it's a toshiba satelite and mac laptop. Most impt is the mac laptop sigh, sms me if you have lobang pleaseeee.... Keke nozomi &amp; cassey &amp; those who went for last gathering have my no. Sorry, trouble you two to sms me if there are any lobang post from mummies please, thanks.

Cassey, im saying my baby face look chubby chubby in the scan lah... but hor my face is rounder now compare to pre-preg pics. I wan to go back to that stage after preg! Staring at my hp wall paper..

Ahnetsan, the shifu goes by my hubby name. Those dat i choose one, he disapproved as there is one word he said if i use only know how to talk but not brainy.. so he give me his suggestions. Yup, done wif her christian name liao.. how abt u?

creamer, I also thought u were saying your face was chubby hehe... But since I've never seen, I thought oh, maybe really gotten chubbier
happy.gif
So now the whole name all ready is it? So exciting! I'm still a bit stuck with the chinese name. We sort of shortlisted, but both of them, there's something not very "shun" about it. Either pronunciation or spelling... See how ba.

sweethalo/Cassey, I was watching Idol results show, then came on to post, then from 10pm, watched Heroes
happy.gif
My usual Thur night hehe. I'm a Heroes fan, Been following since season 1. After that, decided to have an early night cos I didn't get much sleep the night before.

Wah createjoy very suay, all the laptops crashed. Mine has been semi dead for a year now, still haven't repaired (oops). I find it such a hassle, so have been using hubby's Mac, and am also thinking about getting a Mac for myself. Love the MacBook Air, so thin and light, uber portable! But so ex leh. Sigh.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone!
happy.gif

Yubbymummy, haha, wat i meant is baby's face but mine too lah. Yeap the names more or less done liao. Another stone down.

Now im tying to write my preganancy blog and put in belly pics to see the growth... But wordpress not as usual friendly leh. Edit is very slow.. *Hump*

creamer, we haf a few shortlisted names, but haven decided which one to use.
happy.gif
can share wat are you going to call ur girl?

wah today really super duper quiet leh...

sweethalo, i jus came back from sembawang shopping centre Giant....dun haf the nursery rhymes book section leh... only got those books &amp; magazines section, but the books are all preschool and above one wor. wanted to check out the books...
btw, the giant always got this foul fishy smell leh...dunno y, 3rd time i go there le, still got this fishy smell...
sad.gif

check out this BP - pineapple tarts, almond cookies..heehee
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2322617.html?1239365379

Hi ahnet... i went Giant Tampines yesterday also don't hv any nursery books...

actually hb wanted to go to Sembawang Shopping Centre to jalan jalan and hv dinner but he fell asleep.. and only just got up...

oh dear...den you haven had dinner yet??
should haf woke ur hb up and go for dinner.

btw, at this time, the SSC carpark not so long queue... so best time to go if u wan to go there now.

Cassey: yeah, my nose also flatten now! It was not that high in the first place

Just digging those hand-me-done and found that there are more than 10 pcs each of tops and bottom, mixture of long and short sleeve
happy.gif
So lucky I didn't buy any!

Still not feeling that great, come back straight at 8pm after dinner from Orchard... traffic was good!

Sweethalo: munching on pizza now? Was thinking of pizza hut lately... think haven't gone there for a meal since years ago!

If anyone is interested, Singapore Expo has The Books Warehouse Sale... not bad selection for kids books...ehhehe

I bought quite a few nice books there today
happy.gif

Sweethalo... you really fast leh, books already!
I like burger king too, but I had subway for lunch today, nice and healthy
happy.gif

hehehe... subway is one of my favourites...especially that sinful little cookie...ekekeke...

Was surprised that I could get some Cloth Books there.. so sapu-ed a few...ehhehe and also some of those board books...

yeah yeah, I love the cookies with macadamia nut.. can keep in the fridge and toast it up before eating
happy.gif
yummy! maybe I should have one now!

any mummies want to go Fox and Pumpkin Patch warehouse sale at Tannery Lane? looking for kakis..cos i think that area got industrial so maybe safer to walk/drive-in together...

from 10-1 april, up to 70% off..

sweethalo..hehe. like wasted got sale but never go right? hubby not in sg otherwise i will drag him. so now must tempt other mummies to join me..

iirc, fox sale always sell the rompers $5 each and the pumpkin patch items like $7-$15 per piece..

caramelle,
fox and pumpkin patch warehouse sale? can't find any info on the web. what's the addy and closing time?
happy.gif
heheh.

ok will try see if i can ask my mum to join me..not fun lah go shopping alone. ok im logging off soon to chk out BP threads..looking for leg warmers..hehe. nights!

nozomi, i got the email. not sure what is the open/close time but it's from 10-19 april at 19A tannery road at a place called Price Club. maybe go around 11am confirm open..hehe

Hi all MTBs

It's really great to have this long wkend.

Heard that we need to get those thick and long pads specially for aft delivery use. Cant we use the normal ones?

Also went around looking for disposable panties but came across some 'disposable cotton panties'? Any difference? Anbody can enlighten me? =)

HI moomoogirl... think it's up to you which type you prefer... for me, I prefer using 'normal' ones, so bought quite a few packs of Sofy's Nightguard.

Also might be a good idea to invest in a waterproof mattress protector or even those disposable incontinence sheets that can be found at guardian or any dept stores...

Think cotton disposable panties should be more comfy then the former...

sweethalo, there're cloth books at expo?? when is the last day for the book fair?

omg, i love those subway cookies too!! yummy!

yah cotton disposable panties are more comfy... normal ones maybe made of paper? *shrugs*

ahnetsan, Har paper ah? Sounds scary... I still haven't buy yet...

sweethalo, isn't Expo very crowded today? Will the book sale still be on next week? Hmm, but by then maybe got no more good books...

Back