(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Hi Mummies!

Hope all is well for all of you...
happy.gif

Nice to meet some mummies today... So lucky the weather was not extremely hot... so could still tahan a bit... basically, I was carrying my girl while my maid went around grabbing clothes... Then we sieved through the pile she selected... Total damage is $80 but I think it's worth it cos really quite cheap. Didn't go to the one last year so was happy to know I could grab some good bargains at 3 for $10
happy.gif
Haha, my maid also bought something for herself
happy.gif

Waking up at night:
I am one of the lucky ones who have babies sleeping through the night. She sleeps from 7-7.30pm right through to about 7am...Very seldom, she wakes up in the night now... I suspect it could be due to the fact that she is a small eater and she has enough food in the day: 3 main meals and 4 milk feeds (2x bottle and 2x latch). Apart from that, my hubby and I are quite heartless creatures when it comes to training kids for bed. We let them cry, both my boy and girl. The message is 'No matter how much or long you cry, you are not getting out this room! Learn to fall asleep by yourselves!'Now I put my 2 kids in the same room with girl going to bed first, followed by my no. 1. First 2 nights were hellish for us (boy kept singing and making noise to wake mei mei up. When I interferred, it got worse, then 2 of them panda eyes the next day. Hubby said 'Leave them in the room. Let them get used to each other's nonsense...). After that, it has been great so far... about 10 days now...
happy.gif

Hi GraceofGod, read your message and its so funny. I guess I can't complain much cos there are mummies out there who sleep much lesser than me. But I really envy you for being able to let your bb cry to sleep.

I tried last week and in the end, my gal cry so hard that I feel so guilty. She has never cried so hard till sceaming away before so I made the promise to her that I will not let her cry so much again.

Hopefully I can find another way to train her to sleep on her own or praying hard that she will outgrow of this soon. There were ppl who told me that bb will never outgrow if they are not being trained to sleep so which means I will have to endure sleepless nights for many mths to come..

Is this true?

Me choose mostly 12M some of them 9M n 18M cos I saw 18M likefor 2 years old so big. Got 1 6M cos I like design cant find bigger size ...she can wear now so never mind hahaha ... my damage total $125.

Hey Bean, I was there last year, and if they didn't change the layout, I would say having stroller can be in the way cos inside is very pack one and hot and cramped.. there won't be space to move your stroller around.

If you ahve to bring, then you may need to get someone to look after the stroller and wait outside.

I remembered last year, there was the outside "open" area and inside. Inside is the one that has all the bb clothes hanging on racks.

Aiyoh mummies, so ma fun..

Bean
dun go lar, bring little bean there she will sweat a lot, maybe u wanna see if sb helps u take care then u go.. I think that plc not suitable if u bring baby..

first inconvenient to shop
second once bb is cranky, your shopping mood will be totally down!

I going now!! without the baby! hahaha the place is just 5 mins away from my house.. I will feel "guilty" if i don't go! whahahaha update later!

mummies - nite feed is latch on or bottle? my nite feed is full latch on (think sometime i even falls asleep with my nipple in his mouth)

mine still rejecting bottles.. n since i'm going on leave from tmr till after new year tot i better start 'un-training' him cos his sleep pattern is very 'lousy'

8.30pm latch on
11.00pm latch on
almost every 3 hrs latch on till 7am (not sure my nipple got 'leave' his mouth or not cos i asleep leh)

8plus bath n sleep till 11plus
then is 11plus porridge n half hr later milk (from bottle but drinks abt 2 or 3oz) then 4plus close to 5pm, porridge n half hr later milk till 8plus then e whole rountine repeats again..

in between got drink water

ve to admit he is 'training' me instead at e moment...
sad.gif

need to untrain him soon cos next yr ve to outstation n can't leave him like dat in hubby's care (hubby will be a walking zombie by e time i rtn):p

my #1 is so easy to care for, sleep thru e nite from 3mths n is from 8:30pm till 7.30am..

also if train him without latch on at nite then if go out.. how do u all feed (latch on, will latch on confuse him?) or bring pump, pump n feed? (so ma fun leh)

or stay home till he 'gets' it?

graceofGod - by doing dat (The message is 'No matter how much or long you cry, you are not getting out this room! Learn to fall asleep by yourselves!)
won't they be afraid of the 'dark'?

my #1 (3 yrs old in Jan) still can't sleep by herself in her own room, need either parent to be with her (for her to fall asleep) or if she wakes up at nite, 1 of us needs to go over n accompany her till she falls back to sleep..

i did ve a lamp (red color) in e room for her, she can turn it on n off herself..

wondering, if i can also 'un-train' her as well in this 'area'

Ladies,

I have the below for exchange of enfapro, pm me pls
happy.gif

1. Step 2 3 x Mamil (400g)
2. Stage 2 3 x Similac (400g)
3. Stage 2 2 x Nan HA (400g)
4. Stage 1 1 x Friso (900g)

Jen,

My elder also needs someone to sleep with her. ACtually she is trained to sleep by herself till that faithful day when she 2 years old.

Jen,
She has stomach flu then, whole day kept vomitting and cried. So both hubby & I are so nua decide to let her sleep with us for that night. Since then, she doesnt want to move back to her own room. In the middle of the night, she will walk to our room, climb onto the bed and squeeze in between hubby and me

Lily,

Saw they hv pink for the set of 2.. girls all very pretty. Actually I seldom let my kids wear longsleeve cos singapore weather not very suitable leh. They tend to perspire alot....

oki - oh ok, now my #1 sleeps, we open door but if she wakes at nite, she just calls out to us n hubby will go to her room to accompany her sleep.. funny thing is, sometimes, she can comes into our room n sleep n her lazy daddy will sleep in her room without knowing she 'left' e bed liao.. :S

Re: Nite waker
Me too, my gal wil sleeps around 10 plus at nite, 2plus, 5am, 7plus am for feeds, then she wil wakes up at 10plus am. total 3 feeds at night, i m latching on stil. feel v tiring..

Jen: u latching on lying dw, since u say u r aslp? i always sit up n latch but cos too tired i wil also fall aslp. ;-)

bean_bean.. u stay v nearby ah? mine also 5 mins from gimmil sale. :)

oki,
why cannot? i want to go coz dec sales usually better coz of x'mas. but i dread the thought of driving there, finding parking and trying to squeeze in with all those pple. i remember once the queue was snaking in and out infront of isetan all the way to the thai embassy!

Cheekz,
Really?! But I guess it would be very pack. My work schedule is pretty tight tomorrow so I wont have the time to go.

so tiring day today !

juju, i bring baby cubes and ask ifc to mix the puree with cereal for me everyday..end of the day they will return the cubes to me

oki, those u bgt i also hv some..haha..but i dont wan get too many lah..no time to wear also...since most of the time we work seldom bring my boy out so often

jaime, i manage to grab those 4pcs rompers set L size...quite nice colour and design mah

lily, rachel so cute ! she is sweating all over but still can smile at me when i chit chat with u..hahaha

re : night feed
my boy still wakes at least twice in the night...last feed 11pm..then 2am and 5am...aft that he will play and scream till tired then fall asleep...seems like i only slept 2-3hrs every night...go to work also cant open my eyes...btw i think babycentre teach the way to break night feed like not working for me leh..anyone can share their experience ?

glen - ya latch laying down, too tiring to sit up n latch lah.. i even change side too

normally, when he wakes up, i just lift up my top, he will 'search' 4 it, think he got nite vision :p
if i dun go too him, he will reach out, grab n pull (like a rubber hose)
sad.gif

my training failed again..

10plus, feed him from bottle (drunk 2oz out of 4 oz), sleep but lay him on bed will wake up... can't sleep, latch him on.. drink n sleep.. now he sleeping sound on e bed

asked #1 to sleep herself, cried till very pitiful till daddy gave in n sleep beside her.. doze off in less than 15 mins..

Porky: for 11pm feed, I just drop it when my gal was 6 mths as I read somewhere its a good time to "wean" bb off this esp when bb starts to have teeth so that next time, can brush her teeth after her last bedtime milk.

BTW, your last feed 11pm is the dream feed right? I.e. bb sleep already but u just feed him while he's eyes are still closed right?

So, here's my experience. Each night, we give lesser and lesser milk instead of diluting the milk. It span over a few before we cut it off. For e.g. she used to drink 180ml, then 1st few days we give 120ml, then 90ml then off. She did wake up abt 2 nights but we manage to rock her back to sleep (shes used to being rock) and subsequently its off totally.

AS for 2am and 5am - my gal used to have this habit till abt 4 mths and what I did was to dilute the milk and lesser milk as well. Instead of the usual 120ml, I give her like 90ml and 2-2.5 scoop instead of 3 scoops. And subsequently she stopped waking up.

Ilovesashimi, I know it is very painful to hear them cry, esp the wailing kind that sounds like 'please come to me, I need you... Don't leave me alone...' Many a times, I also gave up and carried my no. 2 but I found this is really not beneficial as she is a smart girl who knows that when she cries like mad, she will be attended to. So she always makes use of this to get my attention. I actually try to drag the time I take in responding to her cries(like first time cried for 10 min then I walked in, second time, cried for 15 min then I walked in....) I think they do feel tired after crying so will fall asleep after that.

Jen, pardon me... you are really having quite a challenging task 'training' and 'untraining' your kids.

I try to make my kids as secure as possible:
1. Afraid of the dark
With a dim light (green somemore, looks very ghostly honestly),I always assure my kids that we are just a door away and that they are in a very very safe environment. I believe that they understand perfectly your explanation. For my no. 1, since I transferred him to his own bed (with guard) shortly after no. 2 came along (cos he needs to give up his cot to her), he has never ever walked out of his bed to look for us. What he does each day when he wakes up is lie down in bed, wait for us to pick him up at the right time (same goes to afternoon nap)

2. Toys
Allow my children to bring 1 or 2 of his favourite toys to their cot or bed. These become their 'friends' every night and when they are awake, they play with them and keep themselves occupied till picked up by me or hubby. My no. 1 either brings his buses or trains to bed, no. 2 loves the book 'I see Barney' so she has it with her at night.
Leave a few stuffed toys in cot or bed, and teach them to say goodnight to these 'friends'. When they are awake in the night, having these 'friends' around them makes them feel that they are not alone.

3. Sleeping/dream bags
My children have been in sleeping bags or dream bags since birth. They are very used to wearing them to sleep. They don't get cold, thin enough (0.5 tog) to keep them cool since they don't sleep in an air-con room. My boy is now coming to 3 and he is still using it. He asked for his sleeping bag everytime he goes to bed.I am so thankful to find Grobags that can fit children up to 6 years old
happy.gif
I guess when he outgrows this grobag, I would have some trouble getting him to use a blanket instead... No. 2 uses hand-me-downs from no. 1. She also loves wearing it. Will wriggle her whole body and smile when we put her in it. She knows 'It's time for bed
happy.gif
' I find these bags also help in that they restrict their movement so they can walk around when they are awake (hahaha). At first, my mum said it was cruel to place them in sleeping bags cos they restrict movement but now she is totally convinced of the usefulness of these bags and went around telling her friends about them
happy.gif

4. Comfort items
Both of them have their own 'Bear Bear'. No. 1's was given to him when he turned 1 and it was love at the first sight...
happy.gif
He fell in love with and really cant live without it at sleeping times. He holds it to sleep and on a few occasions, I witnessed him 'getting ready to cry' in his sleep but the minute he grabbed hold of his bear bear, he smelled it a little, then stopped his 'want to cry' look
happy.gif
Very cute
Now, no. 2's bear bear is given by no. 1 when she came along. She still doesnt really treat that bear bear as her dear friend yet but we just place it next to her every night. Hopefully, she will grow to love it as the days pass
happy.gif

Okipoki, whenever my no. 1 is not well, we will go over to his room and sleep with him instead. I dont let him co-sleep with us cos worried can't get him back to his own room when he is well
happy.gif

Hope mummies here find my suggestion useful
happy.gif
They will not guarantee complete success for you but they work for my 2 little ones who are able to sleep through the night since very very young
happy.gif
Give it a try... Tweak a little to suit your kids lifestyle
happy.gif

good morning mummies !

no posting today ? all went to gimmil sales already ah...

Ilovesashimi, i dont wake my bb up for feed..he will auto cry for milk at 11pm...yes he closed his eyes but he can suck very fast and finish his milk within 7mins...aft that he turn to his side and continue his sleep...for 2am & 5am feed...i tried ur method before...from 200ml cut down to 180ml then 150ml then 120ml then 100ml...but my boy will wake up more and he will eh eh eh until i stuck the milk to him then he can fall asleep...so this method not workable for me anymore...like last night he also wakes for feed at 12am, 2am & 5am..then happily slept till 7am wake up to play in a good mood

Porky,
I'm bringing stroller too cuz I don't have a carrier. Then suddenly realised that if everyone brought a stroller then there will be 30 something strollers! whahahhahaa

GraceofGod,
I think your method is quite good. I'm doing the same also. But I would like to add that this method do not work all the time as babies are not robots, they also have times where they need extra love and attention (especially during teething or sick) so mummies do exercise some flexibility when following this method. Like what GraceofGod says, must tweak this method a bit to suit your babies.

hihi..

my damage for gimmill is $150.. tml going again to get for my nephews and nieces.

graceofgod, did i see u yesterday?! i cannot confirm its u so just smile at u.. whahhaa..

lily, i didnt see u le.. heard that rachel cried v badly.. too stuffy inside for bb..

Grace of God
I agree those items that you mentioned are really comforting stuff for kids. My room has got dim light, #1 has her fave bolster named crabby, #2 have a small bolster too, and both of them are in sleeping bags.

I find that if my boy naps well in the day, he tends to sleep better at nite.

In any case, last nite he woke up at 12 (sleep at 10pm) then latch.. but not really latching, he was chewing biting the nipple haiz! Then I scolded him.. he cried so badly – ended up waking up and only fall back to sleep at 2. Grr.. then woke up at 6.30am for milk and continue sleeping.. 7.45am totally awake liao

bean, ya loh...thats why i wan to ask that question mah...else later reach there no place to "park" our stroller..hahaha

shers, correct lah..the one u saw shd be grace of god..she say hi to me then i ask who is she...hahaha so blur of me..

porky,
u more blur than me.. i only saw graceofgod briefly once at e gathering at cheekz's place.. cant confirm.. whahhaa..

aiyo.. me looking forward to gathering at feb_mum's place!!

shers, ya loh..hahaha...i just saw her once also...just feel that she looks quite familiar lah...so i ask her who is she

me too ! cant wait for the xmas gathering ! i just finish wrapping up all my xmas gift last night

bean,
how come u need to bring stroller? u r driving there right?
i cant imagine feb_mum's house parked with strollers.. once the lift opens, what we can see r brands of strollers.. hahaha

those who went down today..how's the sales...did they throw out more new design..5 piece rompers?
jean, the time i went all the rompers all same colours..sianz..
okipoki..i also bought 6 similar body suit as urs...so ur ashton n my justin will wear similar looking clothes..hahahaha...
think jean also got almost the same stuff right!!! hahhaha

Hi mummies, sorry to intrude, I'm from Jun '09 thread. We've 27 babies keen in Sean Lau Photography baby shoot to date. Is anyone here organising for their photoshoot or are keen to join us?? Pls take a look at www.seanlau.com Pls contact mi at 97932771 if keen, thks!
happy.gif

Oh ya btw heard that he is revising his pricing start of 2010, so those who are keen pls sign up fast!
happy.gif
I will be finalising the total number soon, appreciate those interested to let me know asap, thk u!

Sean Lau BP
10 babies sign up @ $208 ($30 off our Classic Baby Package)
20 babies sign up @ $188 ($50 off our Classic Baby Package)
30 babies sign up @ $178 ($60 off our Classic Baby Package)

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com
- 02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau
- 05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)
- 01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)
- DVD of selected images in High Resolution

*Additional Pax can join in the session for $25/pax instead of $35.
If both parents join in for a family portrait, we will throw in an additional picture worth $30.

* Recommended age: Below 1 year

hihi,

i went to gimmil sale in the morning.. the size mainly left NB, 3mths zzz... only managed to get 5 rompers that are 12 mth n 18 mth haha.. the gals one really alot leh... i oso get some for xmas pressies..

jaime,
no replenish for the 5 pcs rompers... some whole pack is the same design..zzz

jaime, yes i think for boys mostly we got the same design & colour ! cannot wear if we are gg for gathering...wahahaha

the 4pcs rompers i manage to find different designs lah...wait for the sales girl to leave then i mix loh...think jamie and the rest saw it ! hehe..

juz went to gimmill sale -- total damage is $33
happy.gif
weather is much better today -- hubby bjorn-ed yuan2 while i grab... when i try to filter out some items, there is none and i bought them all -- hubby juz shake head :p

yah, many small sizes but managed to dig out 9mth/12mth pieces... think the baby girls will wear the same clothes, too *haha*

ju, hi5! hubby will bjorn yuan2 -- so i dun need to bring stroller
happy.gif

Back