(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Shers: BCG at Pri 6 they will do a skin test, if the mark is more than the required length don't need to take. If no reaction have to get jab lor.

MMR is given at Pri 6. It's the booster dose.

So far my baby is fine after the jabs.

poohwei,
hope ur baby recovers soon. so heart pain to hear of babies falling sick...i remember when my #1 got bronchitis @ 5mths. she couldnt sleep and feed well!
she got it from my cousin's older boy who had a cough! was so angry then coz even tho she knew her boy has a cough, she didn't tell us and still let him come very near her and kiss her.

later on instead of saying sorry, she said, " i thought those breast fed babies won't fall sick?"

wah, super pissed with her then!

mummies,

wanna share something that i'm getting
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/2818270

will be using it for nursing to cover up my back. i think mummies who're planning to haf another baby next time can use as maternity wear too!

check it out
happy.gif

hi all mummies,
really no time to come into forum.
Has been taking care of my girl ever since she discharged from the hospital.
Just got the hospital report. saying that she got infected by 'upper respiratory tract infection'. ever since we got back home then she got runny nose and cough.
Need to bring her see PD again then the cough is OK le. but runny nose still on...
haiz... my friends all told me the same thing, as long as I put her in IFC, this kind of thing will be never ending story... haiz...

juju,
Glad to hear that Jodie is fine. Can feel for your pain ya!

Poohwei,
Hope your girl recovers soon ya!

poor ju ju, it must have been quite tramautic. my #1 also fell off the bed when she's around 4mths. tink she rolled off my mum's bed, which is unusually high! and she fell off a couple more times after dat. she's quite accident prone i tink. hv a good rest.

poohwei - hope your bb get well soon.

hey gals,

i was just reminiscing...this time last year was when we'd just conceived our little ones! time sure flies! last yr we got the happy news of a positive ptk, and now we haf that lil baby in our arms! its been such a wonderful time for me as a mother 2nd time round
happy.gif
really feel so blessed esp since i had a miscarriage in april last yr before mae ann was conceived.

Re: Cough
My gal is down with phelgmy cough. When she coughs, you can feel the "vibration" at the back and u can feel that the vibration involves some liquid. Best is to send baby to see doc if the cough persist for more than 2 days.

Hi Shers,
Xuan got her cough from her elder sister.

adrienne - tis is his 2nd time not peeing at nite but he wil pee during the day. He wasn't drinking well for a couple of weeks and have seen 2 PDs and they all cleared him ley..Will highlight to PD during 2nd vaccine next week...Thanks.

shers,
i find it is not small la the socks.. :p
jetstar no go macau leh... how u buy single trip? take to hk then take ferry over? so far, fne is still the cheapest after checking with agencies!

porky,
i intend to bring my boy along leh.. tot hk/macau shld be ok..more on shop n eat..
happy.gif

y u cancel ur bkk trip?

juju,
glad to know that Jodie is all well now.. dun blame urself please, all of us have to learn from our mistake, just have to be extra careful from now onwards.
my elder boy had duno how many times of fall from bed till i lost count. he flipped quite early ard 3mth old so he had been doing stunts.. monitor her milk intake and any unusual reflux after which.. and i think her cranky cries maybe due to the "shock", can give her bao yin dan to calm her.. cheer up gal! motherhood is a long journey, dun brood over this ya!
happy.gif

poohwei,
oh dear! hope Xuan is feeling better now. very heartpain to know see bb falling sick and so helpless.. u must take care too!

shers,
read that u going to macau.. hmm, i think it's better not to bring along kids. coz we are now at Beijing and my hubby's colleagues here tell us that Macau and Shenzhen are famous for kidnapping.. so better play safe!

cheekz,
hihi farmer! saw that u applied passport for Mae Ann, going anywhere for holiday?
happy.gif

today brought my lil bro for rotavirus oral vaccine, he weigh 7.5kg and 66cm (2 more days to 3mth old), PD said he is big. but he's on TBM and his feed interval is 4-5 hourly. Doc said bb makes my job easier coz he dun have to feed so frequently, i think he's a thoughtful bb coz he knows i have to spend alot of effort on his active elder bro! haa

dodo,
we're planning to go to phuket with frens.

wow, ur boy is very big and tall! i'm not sure why but my girl didn't put on weight this month! she was over 7kg @ 3rd mth so I was expecting her to hit 8kg @ the 4th month. But she's about ur boy's weight now i think! think she's bout 64cm tall. I will have to wait for her 4mth check up to get the exact weight and height.

My poor girl has been on anti biotics since her 2nd mth. Her urine tested positive for bacteria and the PD decided to put her on mild antibiotics for 3 mths. In Oct, she will go for an ultrasound to make sure her urinary tract is ok. PD suspected that the bacteria is caused by a back flow of the urine. Sighs, my poor baby has to take a dose of the antibiotics every single night. Since she took it 2 mths ago, her appetite has decreased, she got more grumpy and harder to put to bed at night.

We decided to go along with the PD coz she said its better to be on the safe side. So this is what we've been going thru for the past 2 mths...Luckily mae ann didn't catch anything else, esp from my elder girl who has been having runny nose and cough for the past few weeks.

today bring jaeden for his 2nd jab...he did not cry at all...so surprise ! pd say his diarrhoe will recover slowly...but the happy thing is his skin near the anus there fully recover le

shers/ling, every year we also go bkk for praying...cos hb got ask for something from 4-faced buddha so must go back to return...we cancel trip this year cos no one look aft jaeden...hb refuse to bring him along...he say bkk too messy and food not so clean...somemore if bring jaeden, we cant go nite spots and massage liao...mayb next year if he is 1yr+ then bring him go loh...

juju, thank god that jodie is well now...hb also scare such thing happen to jaeden..so he always suggest that i sleep inside near to the wall...but a bit ma fun if i need to go toilet or take water to clean jaeden if he poo...anyway safety is more important lah...hey, jaeden also dont like to sleep chest down...a while only he will eh eh eh...

cheekz, same here...i got miscarriage in feb last year...then conceive again end aug...very glad that i have jaeden with me this year

sharonling, guess what my pd say to me today ? she say if i continue put bb in ifc...such thing will happen again...we just have to keep monitoring loh...wat to do...btw, why ur PIL cant take care bb for u ?

cheekz,
phuket! i love it! been there twice wi my hubby and i love the seafood there! slurps :p
im planning a holiday also, coz BJ here will have 7 days of holiday on their National Day, and it will be season of Fall, thinking to bring them to HK or Jap, but i have been procrastinating coz of the barang barang to bring along! guess i better dun fret over so many things and go wi it!

oh dear.. very heartpain to hear abt this...
was doc diagnosed it as UTI?
dun worry much gal, i believe all these is about management. my elder boy had asthma attacks and i was so worried and paranoid, but after some read up and closely monitor his condition, all is well now.. it's good that you discover this early and get it treated.. hope that the Oct result is good. or maybe do u wan to consult another PD for 2nd opinion? other than the med, does she has any discomfort because of this?

Hi Porky and Sharon,
My PD also said that i should be prepared to send my gal to him so long as she is in Childcare...Whose your PD? I used to be with Dr Ong Eng Keow, now switched to Dr Keoy SS cos he is one of the panel PDs for my hubby's workplace.

Hi Cheekz,
Is ur gal on Augmentin also? Mine is on augmentin now. 2 doses of 2.5ml per day.

porky,
glad to know that Jaeden recovering well.. hope his immunity build up after all the ordeals..

cheekz,
forgot to add on. hubby and me brought my elder boy to Phuket when he was 6mth old also! we stayed in a nice hotel wi great baby pool! let me find out the name if u interested ya
happy.gif
but not at the Patong Beach area, think it's along the Kanu Beach.. so need to travel abit to the "centre"..

Hi mummies ...

wah hope all babies will recover faster
happy.gif

cheekz, porky same here ... me got miscarriage in june last year n aug conceive again ... Glad Rachel with me this year.

porky, lily,
we're indeed very blessed!

porky,
hope jaeden will build his immunity and not fall sick anymore. u must be so stressed. pls take care.

poohwei,
MA was on augmentin till the bacteria cleared and then on put on cephalexin for 3 mths. hope ur girl recovers soon! u must be very tired looking after her.take care okie.

dodo,
we're gonna be staying @ JW marriot @ mai kao beach. i'm a marriot vacation club member. i'm bringing my helper along so that i can spend time playing with my older girl. As for all the barang2, sighs...i better make a list!

in thailand, the diapers are cheaper rite? hehehe..thinking of buying in bulk, but i think thats silly lah :p

as for MA's uti, it cleared after being given the augmentin. But her PD wants to be doubly sure so wants her to go for further tests. since she assured my hubby that the antibiotics and procedure is very mild, we decided to go along with her since she said its better to play safe.
Yeah, hope the result in Oct ok. if not we'd have to think of the next steps to treat her...

thanks gals for the concern.

dodo,
i jus gv her ba bao san for her cough. can i give her bao ying dan today or tomorrow?
yes, monitoring her milk intake. jus now at kk, the nurse kept coming over & ask wat time jodie latched & for how long. seems she was satisfied wif answer of every 2 hrs & min 10-15mins. so far, jodie been quite consistent in feeding.

jus now she cried her head off agn, her daddy played some nursery rhymes for her in listening room & she fell quiet. phew! calmed her down a lot!

hi Porky,
PIL din't help to take care of bb bcoz I've insisted to bring her to IFC lor... firstly, is at my workplace, then I can go and see her. 2ndly, if let PIL take care ah.. will strain the relationship, and we are living together. 3rdly, my mil only got my hubby, only child... Last time, my hubby also brought up by his grandma, not taken care by my mil ler...

Poohwei/Porky,
The bright side of IFC is... haha... baby build up immunity faster lor...

can't rem who's planning to go hk/macau, but my personal view is dat these places are not child friendly. i brought #1 to hk last year. many staircases there so not pram friendly and most public toilets hv no changing table. didn't notice nursing facilities too. i rem carrying my gal thru ladies street! and i didn't know dat i was oreadi expecting #2 then.

you can take a ferry fr macau to hk, tink only 1hr journey but it's super chaotic at the check in. i was there when i was pregnant with #1. my hb was so stressed coz he was afraid pple might knock into me.

i've sworn off hk for a while. 1st trip was ok, 2nd trip was when i was preg with #1 and i sprained my ankle there, 3rd trip was with #1 and i was detained by their immigration for no reason for over an hr! no more hk for me ;p

sharon - actually if your PIL r willing to tk care of bb, you might wan to seriously consider the option. nothing beats having bb looked after by own pple. bb is still so young, when they fall sick, very poor ting and they are oso more susceptible to complications. tink IFC is really no choice then go but dat's my personal view lah.

feb_mum,
when I see my bb sick I also got consider to ask mil to take care.
But when I was pregnant that time she got say she is quite keen to take care la.
But I guess after gave birth, I think then she knows that is not easy to take care of bb le.. then mil only mentioned that when bb is older, dou dou class that time then only she wants to take care...

We live together, so PIL always play with bb. I thought bb is quite close with them. there's once, I left bb with them and go out with hubby. Then they can't really handle, bb cried for an hour plus then mil call me go home saying that bb look for me... haiz.. maybe also scare her liao..

sharon - i c. ya, tk care of bb fulltime is not ez. there was once my mum got so fed up dat she asked me to engage a maid instead! it takes a while for bb to get used to caregiver and for caregiver to know bb's 'pattern'. maybe you take a wait and see approach first, if IFC really not ideal, discuss with IL again. dun close dat option. tink they oso heartpain if bb dun do well.

sharon, i think we are abt the same...my mil got 2 sons both also not bring up by her...thats why she cant handle a newborn or an infant now...when bb cry, she dunno is cry for milk or cry cos of diaper soil...she will thot bb wan to sleep...then rock bb for half an hr still cry then realise is he poo poo thats why he is not happy...i think if mil not experience better dont leave with her...so i decide put bb in ifc altho mil ask me put half day then she can bring back in the afternoon...i refuse lah cos ifc near my office, if anything i can walk over anytime to see or bring back

poohwei, my pd is Dr Ayllson Tan at sengkang...ya she also say bb will get virus easily at ifc...

dodo, thanks ! hope he will recover fully...anyway today pd refuse to give him rota dose cos she say will worsen the diarrhoe, so another 2 weeks then go back take

Hi Porky and Sharon,
True, it takes time for the kids to build up immunity. My #1 has been in CC for 5 months liaoz. Immunity is still building..1 more month to go??

Re: Hong Kong
Wanted to bring my #1 and #2 to HK during the dec hols also cos #1 loves Mickey Mouse. She will get so excited when the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon is played. But daddy says its a waste of $$ to bring #2 there cos she will not understand. So there goes my HK trip.

We went HK last dec also when i was 4 months preggy with #2. Yeap, not very child friendly except for Disneyland. Luckily we were on tour package so not so bad. If i need to go within this 1 yr period, most prob will need to be free n easy cos i need to pump once during mid-day.

Re:Blocked ducts
Almost kena blocked ducts yesterday. Felt the pain and lump. Quickly pumped and massaged longer. Took a warm shower and massage and hand express. Then got my gal to latch again. Phew. Pain is almost gone this morning. It was worthed it to spend $$ to visit the LC cos i learnt the proper massage method to clear blocked ducts. =)

feb_mum,
yup, mil is my last option. if ifc really jialat then will discuss with her...

porky,
the scenario is exactly like wat u've mentioned... but instead of saying bb wants to sleep, my mil will always say my bb is hungry.

poohwei,
i also had the same thought, is worth to pay a visit to the LC. really learnt a lot.

re: hongkong

planning to go hkg in oct or nov with husband since sq having special wanna go buy hello kitty.. hee.. gonna bring jayden along so going to apply passport for him .. my last holiday is last year sept to phuket with jayden in me.. haha..

Re. travelling

even though hk not child friendly still bringing him along.. my parents will be gg.. haha.. more "helpers".. speaking of making passport, we can just apply online for them rite?

Ling

Yea my cousin apply online for her daughter..
but the photo taking i am confuse think i got to bring my boy out to let the pro one take the photo instead..

Hi Mummies,

Jonas just came back from his 3rd mth PD checkup. he weighs 7.4kg! That's 1.4kg above avg!

Anyway PD said from now till 1 year old, babies will slowly cut down their intake and the ideal weight by 1 year old is 9-10kg. I am not sure how he's going to make it with only 1.6kg allowance over the next 9 mths! haha

The sad news is, Jonas has very bad skin condition. He was prescribed special bathing lotion and conditioner. He has sensitive skin which easily flares up and causes irritation with high body heat. He was to be monitored over the next 1 mth, So his case is not your usual milk rash
sad.gif

Somehow, I felt guilty cos I didn't take much bird nest which I was supposed to. I thought babies' skin are all naturally gd condition... didn't expect his skin to be so sensitive at this age. I should hve diligently take the bird nest rather than give away to my hubby. Sigh.

Any mom faces the same prob?

yuki,
i intend to take his pic at home.. been using white tees, nappy cloth as background for him.. yet to apply.. hopefully can go thru.. heehee.. so looking forward for a holiday!!! been a year+ since last trip!

tinkles mum,
my boy's forehead olways kana rashes.. dun noe y.. tried using the cendula cream no effect leh.. my mum said mayb i heaty so he drink the bm will get "heaty" .. is this so ar???

Re: teethers
just to check with mummies.. the teethers are now rubber type .. is it safe for bb to bite?? my boy keep putting his fist into the mouth these few days.. like the gums are "itchy" like tt...

Ling, I bot those teether for my boy to chew. But he prefer to chew his fingers instead... Sigh..

He wakes up in the middle of the nights cryig for the past five days, thought its the after effect of vaccination. But pd said could be gum irritation, cos he also sticks out his tongue all the time. Pd suggested to get the gum gel from pharmacy. Any mums doing that?

muffintop,
so the rubber teether safe to bite lor? coz it got those rubber smell.. eee.... maybe ur boy dun like the smell.. i haent let my boy try..

Yuki - don't know leh, I was told eat bird nest is gd for baby's complexion. But Jayden looks ok leh. Maybe cos your complexion is good. I took quite a bit of chilli - could be that too. Hope it's not due to my bf now though I am still controlling my chilli and heaty food intake.

Ling - cendula is it the California Baby Cream? Cos Jonas uses that also no effect. His rashes will come cos he rubs his face then will go off, but generally it leaves his complexion feeling rough. I have also heard abt how our bf will affect the baby's complexion. I am not too sure also leh, quite contradicting cos eat heaty food no gd for baby's skin, eat too 'liang' not gd for baby's poo and stomach... hhmm...

tinkles mum,
yup cendula is that california bb cream.. no effect for my boy.. i think maybe bf really will affect bb.. usually if im heaty.. he will kana the rashes! jialat.. oso dun noe y i get heaty easily nowadays.. arghh

tinkles mum,

during pregnancy i took alot of chilli, normally i dun i scare of spricy but then craving during pregnancy is spricy food.. ppl say eat spricy food during pregnant bb complexion will be bad but i eat alot like curry all that..

I heard if bf cant take chilli..

Ling,
Maybe it's hormonal change? But Kayden looks ok leh doesnt look like he has rashes.

Yuki - if really cant take chilli then I better stop. Hopefully that will help.

Moisturiser:
One of the reason is also I did not apply moisturiser for Jonas everyday. Only use the liquid powder that is mositurising.

Do other mummies do that everyday? What do you use?

ling, i bgt the teether for my boy to chew..put inside fridge to make it cold first...but he dont like to chew leh...keep puting his fingers inside...now he got new pattern liao...he will stick 2 fingers too further in then cause him like wan to vomit...ytd i ask pd abt this, she say is normal for infant at this age to do this...

btw, the passport photos, if u got photoshop can change the background yourself loh...then no need go pro there to take..hehe

birdnest really can make bb skin good meh ? i took birdnest since 24weeks onwards but my boy skin also not that good leh...not bottle kind, is those self brew one somemore...

Tinkles mum

don need feel guilty lor , i take 3x a weeks of bird nest during pregnancy and my bb complexion also no good n sensitiven too..same as Ling - i apply California Baby Cream on his rashes also no effect. i also try a few brands of bathing n cream end up also same got rashes n red patch..now the last tin i goin to change n try is the detergent to wash his clothes..

Back