(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Audrey,
I've went for the glucose test. Morning they will take blood then give a sweet drink to you to drink. after that you can't eat or drink anything for 2 hrs. then take blood again.
If you don't mind, I can meet you for lunch at 12pm?

thanks ... later i try find there
happy.gif
Now want faster thursday so can ask my gynae about my baby position, cos if can i want to normal birth.

915, Yes, that's the one. Blue and white colour. My fren just passed me a medela pure lan that she cannot finish. Think I can't buy the bepanthen liaoz. Hw was ur massgae?

Muffintop, actually this Bepanthen is like a multi-purpose cream...can use on bb's butt and our nipples!
The massage was ok but i think i still prefer their postnatal..looking fwd to that after confinement..
happy.gif

So did u call up the javanese massage for prenatal @ thomson in the end?

Ya. We used to call it neh neh and pi pi cream. Haha. I am still out n didn't get my massage.
Just nw experienced hard stomach but no pain and then aching down below. Wonder if this is the bh. Few mins later, stomach soft again but there still ache.

Muffintop, yeah i think that shld be the BH....wow..u r still outside?? happening!
ok lah, i'm going to have my beauty sleep now since tonite my gal is at my ILs.

I had the occasional hardening/tightening of the stomach too then soften after a while. No pain at bottom. Still no idea how contractions feel like.

If can get the "Bepanthen" cream at Guardian then will get it there liew. For the Terumo thermometer, if watson is selling, will prolly get there too. Then dun trouble adv sports to get for me (think same price too at $110).

Lily, so how? Meet for lunch or meet direct with rc_cola? I can prolly reach there around 1pm.

Hi! SK,

You are experiencing braxton hicks contractions. I got it on and off nowadays. Our uterus are practising contraction. It's our body's way of getting ready for true labor. Take a look at my link above.
happy.gif

SK, i got the Bepanthen cream at the guardian in Centrepoint. If u cannot find and going for next thurs dinner, i can help u buy
happy.gif

juz lemme know lah...

SK...np. I found this link very informative for a 2nd time mum like myself too. I never had a chance to experience waterbag burst, a show (red discharge) or contractions during my 1st birth cos I was induced at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure.
happy.gif

JM > Din explore website like that so it's good that mummies share their experiences and knowledge with the others.

Time to slumber liew...can feel my eyelids are getting heavier.

Good nite to you and mummies~!

hi J&M, thank you for the link.. i will check it out
happy.gif

hi sharon, i will let you know asap because my mum said she wants to come along but i told her no need.. will keep u informed again k!
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, went to Taka fair and saw the breast pumps on sale. I am caught in a dilemma between the medala Freestyle or PIS / Avent Philip ISIS. Avent ones look smaller and lighter (and cheaper), and the Medale one looks bulky and heavy and more expensive. Like to ask for any advice on which I should get cos I do intend to continue pumping when I am back to work. Thanks lades.

hi tinkle mum, actually some of the people advice not to get the high end breast pump as we are not sure if we will have enough breast milk to pump out.

how about trying a lower end one first?

however, my husband's colleagues who have given birth all buy medela.. i think its up to each individual's preference
happy.gif

Hi tinkles, you could try ameda brand and my postnatal therapist frm traditional & holistic advise me to use these brand as most of her clients using it. It quieter and not that expensive. You can even go for trial after your delivery frm MIM but you have to throw the milk.

hi mummies,
got this email mailer from moms r us that may interest you:

Dear Friends
This week we bring you fantastic news of an informative BabyTalk jointly organized by Cordlife and TMC. It is held at the PanPacific Hotel, Ocean Ballroom, Level 2 on 14th March, Saturday. It starts 12pm onwards and features talks by doctors on various topics.
Admission is free for couples with a gynae appointment card. There will not only be goodie bags but also free $10 NTUC shopping vouchers to be given to each couple.
We will be dishing out our specials for selected items at the talk too. The event is open to the public. Do drop by to grab your specials with us. One such item is the Ameda Breast Pump ( U.P. $388 ) which we will sell at $333 at the talk – complete with one year warranty and a gift of our VIP card which entitles you to discounts storewide. We are also selling selected nursing and maternity wear with discounts up to 50%! These are limited in stocks so do come by to grab your deals. Please come with adequate cash. We will try our best to set up a payment portal for eNets and Visa and Masters Credit card payment but this is not confirmed yet so do bring the good ol’ cash!
Meanwhile, some new stocks and colours have been replenished and are already on the racks in the shop at United Square. We need time to update the website hence these latest colours and styles will only be available online at a later date.
Do make a date with us either at the Talk at Pan Pac ( this is where the goodies are… ) or at our shop! ( this is where our new styles and colours are ) Our online web store is available anytime so you can really shop 24 hours , 24/7! You’d be amazed what retail therapy can do for you…

Morning ladies !!

Great to meet up with some of the mummies yesterday tho' some I didnt get to catch up with
happy.gif
Hope everyone of you manage to grab good stuffs from there.

Good morning mummies!
It's Friday, and for those mummies who haven't been to the sale, enjoy

It was great to meet up with some of you yesterday. Hope you have a good buy. I didn't get anything, but might be gg down again this sat with my husband. I think unlike the singapore expo fair, here they should have quite a lot of stock.
happy.gif

For those keen on IT fair, it's on now at Suntec. Good chance if you wanna buy videocam to video your baby's arrival and first steps.
happy.gif

hi mummies,
great to catch up with some of you at the fair yest. wat was your damage? i spent mostly on clothes for my older gal and some nb clothes. it sure was diff shopping with a big tummy and having to squeeze between the narrow aisles with fellow preggies! good thing it wasn't dat crowded yest. tink it will be very crowded over the weekend.

hihi,
can anyone confirm the place at fulushou which sell cheap bb clothings?? is on the left side when our back facing the kuangyin temple??

Happy Morning! Good to finally see how some of the forum mummies look like y'day ... Hope you gals got what you wanted!! Cheers!

morning ladies!
happy.gif

rc cola,
yes, my order is correct. u can take ur time, dun need to rush for the ordering... anyway wun get to use it till May also. haa!

piggypig
its at the most extreme left shop when our back is facing the kuangyin temple. u can ask the shops ard there if u really cant find it. they shld know.

rc - ya already 'educate' him liao... said last time i din tell him wat to do.. *faint*
tot him is my 1st time too n he should help me (u know wat his reply - "i got help leh, i bought u e avent uno pump") *vomit blood*

only came back from ML dat my colleagues told me, my 'method' wrong.. cos i pump n pump nothing so i waited till breast felt 'full' then i pump (so flow auto stop when close to 3mths)..
now i intend to pump every 2 hrs so hope everything goes well..

hi morning mummies !

nice meeting up with some of u yesterday. and flommy, i finally get to see u ! haha...thanks for accompany me shopping and introduce the feeding bowl to me..alto i dont quite like the colour YELLOW, but is really useful loh..after left taka, i still went amk shopping with my mum and sis till 9pm...very tiring...went home and whole body aching...

piggypig, are u gg to the baby shop in bugis ?

bean ! i saw u yesterday...wanna go over to say HI..but u walk too fast..i cant catch up...haha

Porky - Yeah, we finally get to meet after msn for so loooong...the bowl really very good, wa u still walk until so late ar, your stamina very good haha.

flommy...cos i supposed to meet my mum & sis for dinner...then thot go amk to see see look look loh...end up shop till so late...lucky hub came to fetch me home...else must take cab liao...hey, ytd u say the mattress cooling mat is wat brand and what is the actual name ?

porky - err i can't remember ley, it's actually for putting underneath the mattress cover so if baby pee it doesn't stain or get to the mattress. i got it from kiddy palace. White color de, think it comes 2 pcs in a pack.

Porky!
Yes, I was there from 11am to 630pm!!! Hahaha I was jetting in and out cuz the things was too heavy and I had to pay and leave them in my car first before shopping again. Sorry I walked too fast! paisei paisei.
There were so many preggy ladies there and I did try to spot for some of you actually. hee hee
Did you go to the isetan sale? I went and got a termoflask and some baby clothes!
happy.gif

Hi mummies.. Long time no come in liao.. how's everyone?
This thread moving very fast.

Re: Taka baby fair
Seems like many of you been there already.
Any gd buys? I'm gng this sun. Anyone gng as well?

bean, i saw u is ard 3pm+..i did not go for the isetan sales in the end...cos too tiring liao

piggypig, i stay in punggol...oh, early am i cant also...only sat i can sleep till 12noon !

hi everybody!!! didnt login for few days due to mc.. anyway saw oki, 915, muffintop, sallen, lily at taka yest. and of course had a good chat with piggypig at clinic yest.. had a good buy ar?? i still prefer tangs sales.. more things to buy..

am now at 32 weeks and gain a total of 10kg.. i want to faint~~~ bb is at 1.9kg.. not too bad ar.. though most weight from me..

oki, gynae confirmed my tummy pain is BH and i will need to be c-sect end of april because of low placenta and BH.. cant drag till early may.. urgh!!! anyway i'm still praying hard to delay till at least 39 weeks..

hello ladies..
Great to meet up with some of the mummies yesterday..

RE:Taka bb fair:
Damage $500,bought a combi high chair n philips avent monitors..
nothing much to buy at the fair..
happy.gif

RE:IT fair:
Damage $1.8k to buy a videocam to video my baby's arrival and first steps.
happy.gif

RE: Medela nipple cream
i use as a hand cream sticky n dry..no good..

Last Gathering before we pop

Venue: Hotpot Culture Ala Carte Buffet #02-138D (near to Thai Express - quite close to Center Stage)

Date: 19 March 2009 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30pm onwards (last order at 9pm)

Attendancees:
1) Shers
2) 915
3) Adrienne
4) Adv_sports
5) Babymay
6) Bean
7) Feb_mum
8) Irene
9) Flommy
10) Muffintop
11) Okipoki
12) Piggypig
13) Porky
14) Sallen
15) Tiny_M

I'm basing on those mums who r PM me their contact no.. those who r keen, please PM me yr HP no and i will add on to the list.. tentatively, i'm going to reserve for a total pax of 20..

Last Gathering before we pop

Venue: Hotpot Culture Ala Carte Buffet #02-138D (near to Thai Express - quite close to Center Stage)

Date: 19 March 2009 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30pm onwards (last order at 9pm)

Attendancees:
1) Shers
2) 915
3) Adrienne
4) Adv_sports
5) Babymay
6) Feb_mum
7) Irene
8) Flommy
9) Muffintop
10) Okipoki
11) Piggypig
12) Porky
13) Sallen
14) Tiny_M

I'm basing on those mums who r PM me their contact no.. those who r keen, please PM me yr HP no and i will add on to the list.. tentatively, i'm going to reserve for a total pax of 20..

shers, u ok now ? thot why u never log in for days...so u might be the 1st to pop ! anyway thanks for collating on the last gathering on 19th

Back